MBII Development: Looking to the future

logo_mb.png

There has been an awakening.....have you felt it?

Hello MBII Community!

Like Hexodious mentioned in this post, we at the MBII team are hoping to change the MBII direction to be more focused to new features rather than re-inventing the wheel by continuously editing existing features. After all, as a wise saying goes, "if it's not broken, don't fix it!".

With Rogue One approaching, this is an excellent opportunity to pull up our sleeves and start implementing a number of features that have been in our drawing board for far too long. To do this we aim, as Hex said, to first freeze the Jedi/Sith lightsaber mechanics for the foreseeable future, something that we are currently working on.

After the Jedi/Sith mechanics are frozen, our plans include, but are not limited to:
  • New game modes, including the neglected child (Conquest) and the much demanded Class Limit feature
  • 2 new classes (one for rebels, one for imperials)
  • An SBD re-vamp (can you imagine a running SBD? We can!)
  • And of course, new maps and models from the upcoming films

We are excited and enthusiastic in working on these new things, but unfortunately our enthusiasm is not enough to make wonderful MBII things happen. As you know, MBII development is entirely voluntary and depends greatly on everyone's free time and availability. Our current resources are limited so completing all of these features will take a very long time, or may not happen at all. That's why we need your help!

We are looking for members of our community to support our efforts and help us realize our dreams for significant upgrade to MBII, by joining the Development Team with the aim of working on these specific features.

We are looking, in order of priority, for:

1. UI designers, to help re-vamp the current UI as needed (e.g. to include new classes) and improve performance.
  2. 2D and 3D modelers and animators, to help with the models for the new classes, and help creating or adapting new models for upcoming films.
  3. Coders to work on the new game modes and the new classes.
  4. Mappers to work on unfinished map projects and create new maps based on the upcoming films.
  5. Support and promotion partners, to help with the influx of new players after Rogue One is released, and hopefully keep most of them as permanent MBII junkies!
  6. Beta Testers! As you all know, bugs are everywhere, so help us obliterate them before releases! Also, the development of new game modes greatly depends on having enough testers to properly test them under normal game play conditions. The modes cannot be developed without testers.

Specifics for the requirements of Developer positions can be found here. If you have the required skills, or are willing to learn, apply!

For Beta Testers, the details are here. You have no excuse not to apply, as you don't need to have a specific skill other than love for MBII!

We look forward to hearing from you, as you awaken with us! May the Force be with MBII.

k4far

Banned
Donator
I volunteer to be a dummy for motion capture... shame, probably wrong technology. How about JKHub to the rescue, someone might have been working on chivalry battles of some sort.

...Lightsaber works kinda like a shield? So why not modify This animation.

Last edited:
before anyone should try to make rando suggestions on what they think should be in mb2, mb2's devteam needs to figure out what is the image of their game and what they want the game to be about

like how tribes decided to completely adopt the whole go fast as fuck skiing, mb2 needs to decide what it's about first before we make any real, serious decisions. adding a class at this point could completely change everything and if it isn't to the vision of mb2 then we just might be worse off with it than without.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Soon, there won't be a future for MBII if the cogwheels don't start movin'

Well I'm guessing it will end up being the two classes tossed around back in the day which are spy and enforcer. Gunner with a melee weapon on Imps (Gammoreans, Mango Guards, Royal Guards) and then Spy on rebs with the disguise ability already in the FA maybe cloak item too. It would take little dev time as all the stuff is already in the game especially if you don't give them any new guns. Heck you could do it with only skins already in FA mode.

I suggest to lock this thread already, and consider the idea to disable the option for non-devs to post into the dev diaries and news threads. We (should) find here dev based news and information; non-devs have topics like Community Discussion, Support, and Feedback & Gameplay to suggest ideas, share opinions about the current build, or cry about something.

Btw, more dev diaries would be welcomed. Even if not much changed since the last post, it'd be good for the players to see that the development is not completely dead.

If we will continue talking about this, there will be a lot of requests of adding new classes, re-making mb2, removing this, removing that,etc.

Hi! I'd like to apply on the Gameplay Direction.

You can find my creative post here at: Hardcore Battle! Full MB2 Idea (Revisited Class, Blaster, New deflection, Darts & more )

I think this is a very solid base to work on with! But i'd also like to have an oppinion from both the Devs.Team, and the Community to see what yall think about it!

If you find my creative ideas to be worthy of the team, then let me know and highly like and try to put all of it for the higher cause.

• New game modes, including the neglected child (Conquest) and the much demanded Class Limit feature
  • 2 new classes (one for rebels, one for imperials)
  • An SBD re-vamp (can you imagine a running SBD? We can!)
  • And of course, new maps and models from the upcoming films

Soonish (hopefully).
Are we gonna get Shoretroopers and Rebel Pathfinders models for soldiers in open mode?
More soldier models on rebel side would be cool.
Looks awesome btw, I was waiting for this map for a long time.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Are we gonna get Shoretroopers and Rebel Pathfinders models for soldiers in open mode?
Would be cool indeed to see more rebel soldiers. Right now I don't think we have any under development in-team. This doesn't mean we won't see more soldier models for rebels in the future though ;)

Scerendo

Steady Eddy
Movie Battles II Team

Looks awesome btw, I was waiting for this map for a long time.

I'm working on a death trooper atm and may repurpose it for the shoretrooper if there aren't too many differences.

We are in need of more rebs imo especially aliens.