MapReview Blacony Dotf xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
Mace just imagine how much less shit would you get thrown at you if you would have just brought the map back long ago. This topic is gonna go on and on till it happens. What if you would just bring it back and have one thing less to worry about? Then people wouldn't bother you with this and you could concentrate on improving your new dotf and other stuff you're working on...

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
you could concentrate on improving your new dotf and other stuff you're working on...

Dude people have been assholes like this since LONG before I released the new DOTF. How hard is it for people to not be assholes? Very hard apparently, stop placing the blame on me. This community is known by basically everyone, if you browse youtube, reddit, etc to be toxic as fuck. The cleanup needs to start somewhere.

Dude, get over yourself. It hasn't even been 2 years yet.

mace.png

Awfully close, bud. Plus the map still isn't in the game, Lindsey still has to readd it.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team

Huh, almost like you need to minus at least a month and one week from that minimum. I've totally been restricting it sooo long, because youre soo knowledgeable of the inner workings, communications, and my personal feelings on the matter. Cause patches totally line up with everything being instantly released the moment theyre done or conceived of in someones head.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
Dude people have been assholes like this since LONG before I released the new DOTF. How hard is it for people to not be assholes? Very hard apparently, stop placing the blame on me. This community is known by basically everyone, if you browse youtube, reddit, etc to be toxic as fuck. The cleanup needs to start somewhere.
Yes i get that but im sure it would be better to take this old dotf off your shoulders, people would really appreciate if you re-added it. And yes i agree this community is toxic sadly. It would be great for everyone to let this topic be, players would enjoy playing the old dotf and you would have less people whining about it

Huh, almost like you need to minus at least a month and one week from that minimum. I've totally been restricting it sooo long, because youre soo knowledgeable of the inner workings, communications, and my personal feelings on the matter. Cause patches totally line up with everything being instantly released the moment theyre done or conceived of in someones head.

I literally searched it up, the update came out on that exact date. Lmao.

Yes i get that but im sure it would be better to take this old dotf off your shoulders, people would really appreciate if you re-added it. And yes i agree this community is toxic sadly. It would be great for everyone to let this topic be, players would enjoy playing the old dotf and you would have less people whining about it

He's already letting Lindsey readd it.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I literally searched it up, the update came out on that exact date. Lmao.

Dude, I'm talking about the conversation with spaghetti. There is example of where I stopped "resisting" prior to the count on that timer and talking about that we can't just suddenly release a patch with it on the date of that conversation. God reading comprehension people.

Dude, I'm talking about the conversation with spaghetti. There is example of where I stopped "resisting" prior to the count on that timer and talking about that we can't just suddenly release a patch with it on the date of that conversation. God reading comprehension people.

But the map is still not out so it doesn't matter when you personally stopped resisting lol...

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Almost certain it's not reading comprehension at this point, he's just arguing in bad faith.

I could throw together a bug-free release of 1.3 classic very quickly if I had the motivation, and at the time of that conversation I was seriously considering it and some other stuff, but this thread is just a perfect example of one of my reasons for retiring in the first place. The only stuff I've done lately like with the Discord bot is because it was something I wanted to do for my own amusement, and to challenge myself on whether I could.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
But the map is still not out so it doesn't matter when you personally stopped resisting lol...

Your original statement was about:

to finally allow the addition of the map again.

Not when the map was being added. You can't even remember your own talking point, and have to keep moving the god damn goal post.

imagine putting time and effort into a pretty significant part of one of the most popular mb2 maps, only to have it be completely removed

hAhA jUsT kIdDiNg...

..UnLeSs?

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
This thread got busy fast, but way off point targeting individuals.

I would like a balcony version re-added as the classic version as well, it is different enough from the current dotf and the more options the merrier, also hype that Linds is picking it up. But working on for free on a project (even one you love) is hard work while also trying to fulfil the other aspects of ones life - no matter how small the task might be. You'd think that goes without saying...

I've done one tiny map, and several smaller tweaks to others and even working on these small projects can take a ton of initial effort to get started on the motivation train. Especially when maps aren't the only thing you are actively involved in with the mod. I can easily go weeks, months and recently a year without touching a single thing, despite me allocating time and booting up gtkradient - It is very easy to not be in the mood to work on something else after everything else you have done/want do to in the day and that is before coming to the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.