Lt.Claim's workshop

Hello everyone, i must say i'm very happy to finally be able to be back on MB2 forum ! This means i can share once again with you all the ports, frankensteins and retexture i'm working on ! Yes, it's that thread where Lt.Claim show pictures of nice models he has stitched together !

You know, I love MB2 so much i taught myself a certain set a skills for one objective : having all my favorite characters ( read : stormtroopers) in the game ! and while so far it meant a lot of porting i'm happy to announce the really real start of the development of the Claim FA pack i've been teasing for years ! I still have to check the hmm ... legitimacy (?) of my project, but prepare to see your favorite maps get the brilliant FA they deserve, with tons of custom models, weapons and classes that even have the good taste of staying in the Star wars universe !

I know of course making good FAs is REALLY hard, balance-wise, testing-wise, publicity-wise, credit-wise ... But i'll do my best to make my project work !

But don't worry, i won't just bore you with FA specs, i'll post tons of teaser images of the model i've done, just like the old thread. in fact, i'll start right now :

you are probably aware of the new Battlefront game that's coming ? yeah well, let's say i mangaged to get some of their gun model early and jammed them into JKA

yes ! new guns for the boys in white, and even a nice red paint for the "shocktroopers"... more to come !

and if you Looove spoilers, you can check my photobucket to see all the model's i've done in the past and some i'm working on right now !
http://s556.photobucket.com/user/lt_claim/library/

Upvote 0
And here it is, the DeathTrooper !
Deathtrooper.pk3
The model is based on DT85's model with barricade24's Skin and some parts from the new battlefront DLC.
I did my best so it works without crashing ... but if you see problems with it, don't hesitate to post it here. Ah, it's good to be back ! Next will of course be the shoreTrooper and first i'll try to fix some of my old models.

Oh, and sorry i don't do vehicles. ( And why would you want a cargo carrier AT-AT in JKA ??!!)

oh, well, that took a lot less time than i thought! here's the shoretrooper ... although we don't have "beach" maps, that's always a new trooper !
shoretrooper_zpsf01o0klu.jpg

shoretrooper_zpsf01o0klu.jpg.html

And here it is, the DeathTrooper !
Deathtrooper.pk3
The model is based on DT85's model with barricade24's Skin and some parts from the new battlefront DLC.
I did my best so it works without crashing ... but if you see problems with it, don't hesitate to post it here. Ah, it's good to be back ! Next will of course be the shoreTrooper and first i'll try to fix some of my old models.

Oh, and sorry i don't do vehicles. ( And why would you want a cargo carrier AT-AT in JKA ??!!)

Actually, i mainly need it for my artsy stuff. Like this: http://img05.deviantart.net/5269/i/2016/341/c/b/desert_invasion_force_by_shenlongkazama-daqxb4q.jpg

thanks for the enthusiasm but again, most of my models are mostly ports and i don't think MB2 would like to integrate that. Don't worry though, you can have your replacement packs and I resumed worked on my millions of years old project, my FA pack ...

So no vehicles then. Cybernetic Reconstruction would be difficult aswell i guess. :)

I decided a while back to only do models i'd really like to see added to mb2, ones i need for my replacement pack and future FAs, and sometime a request from someone, if they really need it and i like their idea ...
either way, i dont want to make models for just one or two persons anymore, especially when i have clue what they'll do with it...

I decided a while back to only do models i'd really like to see added to mb2, ones i need for my replacement pack and future FAs, and sometime a request from someone, if they really need it and i like their idea ...
either way, i dont want to make models for just one or two persons anymore, especially when i have clue what they'll do with it...

So if it's a more requested model you consider making it? What do you mean what they'll do with it? o_O

I don't make models just because someone think "they'd look cool". I don't really want to spend time on a model i originally didn't planned to do for only 2 people to look at in modview and maybe try in multiplayer and then forget forever...

I don't make models just because someone think "they'd look cool". I don't really want to spend time on a model i originally didn't planned to do for only 2 people to look at in modview and maybe try in multiplayer and then forget forever...

I think everyone appreciates your models, nobody will forget them or anything. :)

Release time ! It's my model pack, but updated !
model%20pack%20V2_zpsumx1xmid.jpg

CLAIM MODEL PACK V2
I tried to fix most of the problems that were reported (thanks swagmaster) and added Deathtroopers and shoretroopers.
As usual , i give credit to the very talented people who made all these models i simply ported and mixed a bit, especially DT85 and barricade24 for their work on the regular stormtrooper (the rest are models from TFU, battlefront, etc...). All the model included are practically the same as the old pack (except the rogue one newcomers) but some model received better weighting, shaders and some fixes here and there. you'll also see the rebel saboteur, supertrooper and supersnow cut into two, as i have discovered i can't have a nice jetpack that spew fire AND customise the way the gun are holstered on a model...so yeah, one model is for the jets, one for all the others.
Sorry it took so long, i know some of the model were needing a fix for a long time(looking at you, terror trooper) but i'm glad it's finnaly done. I tried to test most of the model so they don't crash the game, but i maybe missed a few, so don't hesitate to report any problems !

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Are these purely Sold/Commander replacements, or are mandalorians replaced as well? (for jump pack troops)

Nevermind, didn't realize it was a model pack!

Would anyone mind if I made a file that replaced the imperial sabetuer with a deathtrooper and posted it here?

[For the record I tried to replace the voice with deathtrooper voiceclips but couldn't get it to work unfortunately.]
Also why the sabetuer? Well nobody really gives a shit about that sabetuer and I tried to replace the imperial commando with the deathtrooper but his shader file would always cause the deathtrooper's helmet to be extra shiny and a much darker shade of black and there wasn't anything I could do about it.

I'd also like to say these models are top notch, gr8 work m8.

Penekowski

Armchair Developer
Movie Battles II Team
The deathtrooper has a high chance of crashing the game due to high poly count, I wouldn't advise you to do so.