Lt.Claim's workshop

Hello everyone, i must say i'm very happy to finally be able to be back on MB2 forum ! This means i can share once again with you all the ports, frankensteins and retexture i'm working on ! Yes, it's that thread where Lt.Claim show pictures of nice models he has stitched together !

You know, I love MB2 so much i taught myself a certain set a skills for one objective : having all my favorite characters ( read : stormtroopers) in the game ! and while so far it meant a lot of porting i'm happy to announce the really real start of the development of the Claim FA pack i've been teasing for years ! I still have to check the hmm ... legitimacy (?) of my project, but prepare to see your favorite maps get the brilliant FA they deserve, with tons of custom models, weapons and classes that even have the good taste of staying in the Star wars universe !

I know of course making good FAs is REALLY hard, balance-wise, testing-wise, publicity-wise, credit-wise ... But i'll do my best to make my project work !

But don't worry, i won't just bore you with FA specs, i'll post tons of teaser images of the model i've done, just like the old thread. in fact, i'll start right now :

you are probably aware of the new Battlefront game that's coming ? yeah well, let's say i mangaged to get some of their gun model early and jammed them into JKA

yes ! new guns for the boys in white, and even a nice red paint for the "shocktroopers"... more to come !

and if you Looove spoilers, you can check my photobucket to see all the model's i've done in the past and some i'm working on right now !
http://s556.photobucket.com/user/lt_claim/library/

Upvote 0

Penekowski

Armchair Developer
Movie Battles II Team
If you're sick of request disregard this message. But is it actually possible to port the Cybernetic Reconstruction Starkiller model? You know, the one that's really over the top.

VexatusCybernetic.gif

Damn, that would be great, but it would also be a great pain in the ass to make it work in Jedi academy.

swagmaster

Model Fixer Dude
Movie Battles II Team
can u help claim? the super trooper has too many damn verts, needs reducing, i suffer from the vert crash with the model in-game, even in openjk

oh weird, i don't have that problem ... tell you what, if you want a less vert heavy version, just tell me which part of the model you want (evo, jump, magma, etc...) and i'll modify DT's model to have only it, and not verts for ALL the different troopers at one,it might fix the problem

swagmaster

Model Fixer Dude
Movie Battles II Team
how about putting the supertrooper into model folder groups with different glms? like mix of high poly models and low poly models in diff glms that dont crash in-game with the vert error?

Plasma

Movie Battles II Team Retired
If you're looking to port models from TFU you might be better off ripping the models from the Wii version of the game, the polycount on those models will be closer to what JA is able to handle.

good idea indeed, but know i've done that already AND the troopers from the Wii version are totally different from the one in the PC / 360 / PS3 ... for exemple, no evo troopers , jump troopers are differents ... and as i said, done that. the real problem i think is i stuck ALL the different parts on one model ... but again, i don't have the vert problems myself, so ... yeah. Also, what do you mean swagmaster ? (sorry i'm reacting so late)

swagmaster

Model Fixer Dude
Movie Battles II Team
like seperate the model into diff folders, like supertrooper1, supertrooper2, etc with glms that have less parts on them that can stop the vert error, also, ashuradx says ur saber guard is bad, the fucking arms have holes in between the torso and shoulders, look closely

swagmaster

Model Fixer Dude
Movie Battles II Team
there, the "fucking arms" are fucking fixed...
saberguard.pk3
and ok swagmaster, now i understand, but i must re-ask my question, which trooper do i do separate versions of ? all of them ? is there a point to doing that ?
if this is a hint, the entire glm has 25,592 verts in total for all the parts, so maybe put some high poly parts in one glm, and lower poly parts in another glm?

swagmaster

Model Fixer Dude
Movie Battles II Team
noice:
2hxszg2.jpg

2i90rn.jpg
royal guard shadow guard skin with holes, under helmet, and under bellyplate

swagmaster

Model Fixer Dude
Movie Battles II Team
hows the supertrooper right now Claim? is it seperated into multiple model folders?

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Do you think you could expand on your imperial pack and replace mandalorians with jump jet troopers? Or give me insight on how I could do that myself?

swagmaster

Model Fixer Dude
Movie Battles II Team
my god, you're doing great, btw when will your ports be fixed in terms of animations?