Launcher Update Released

mb2_logo_1.png
Today we have released an update to the MBII Launcher with the following features and bug fixes. If any problems arise please check this thread for trouble shooting tips or asks in the support section or on discord - Launcher Update - What to Expect

• New: Patch engine has been rewritten to be more reliable and tolerant to errors
  • Fix: The "Not Enough Free Space" bug should no longer appear. In the event this is not fixed the user will have the option to override the check and install anyway
  • Fix: Fixed a bug where Steam Integration could not be disabled when Steam was not installed in the default location.
  • Fix: Launcher can now be properly restored when minimised on a Windows 10 System
  • Change: There is now only one installation type. There is no longer a "partial" installation.

If you have trouble with the installation please try the following:
  • Download http://update.moviebattles.org/launcher/AutoUpdate.exe and save it to the current location of your MBIILauncher (Most likely this is your game data folder). Run this with Administrator Priviledges
  • If this does not work Download http://update.moviebattles.org/launcher/MBIILauncher.zip and extract the files to the current location of your MBIILauncher (Most likely in your GameData folder) and when prompted over write.
  • It may be necessary to temporarily disable your anti-virus application during the installation. Please remember to enable it afterwards and if necessary white list MBIILauncher.exe
  • If you are having problems with Settings not saving, restoring, the minimiser not working or the updated Launcher crashing browse to %localappdata% (Either through the run dialog or by typing it into Windows Explorer's address bar) and deleting the Movie_Battles_Team folder. Its probably a good idea to back this up first.
  • Minimiser Not Working - Go into Settings and ensure your minimise hot key is set. Close Settings. Close Launcher. Reload launcher. DO NOT OPEN THE SETTINGS MENU. Launch Game and Minimise should work.

Last edited:

Nex

EU Official Server Admin
Well my engine doesn't revert, it remembers the last one chosen. However as others stated above, it does revalidate each time (even tho it takes literally 2 sec or so). The only problem I have is to minimize hotkeys that got reset. It doesn't work. Also, the name tabs for specific settings i.e command line,hotkeys overlay the space for these configurations so its tricky to see anything there and place bindings, at least for me.
I have a question though, it says in original post that there's only one installation type (no partial), yet I can still see in the settings a "complete installation' checkbox?

Um.. is anyone else having a problem minimizing/maximizing their game, also i'm having issues rebinding the use key. I updated the launcher and I use the jamp engine. I rebound the hotkeys to something else and still can't get it to work. Would going back and not updating the launcher fix this problem?

Yep. I set the minimizer bind in settings but it is not working.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
I can't minimize either (with the bind set as it was before). And when I set my engine to MBII Client and then close and re-open the Settings window, it reverts to JAMP (with Steam Integration checked).

(If I start the game after setting it to MBII Client, it DOES launch MBII Client... as long as I don't re-open the Settings window.)

u can use external minimizer before they'll fix this
MEGA
put in GameData folder, run as Admin.
don't forget to set button.

2Gtjt.jpg

Um, why does no pack work after i installed the launcher update? Peneke stopped working yesterday, I deleted that and installed TINPack but that doesn't work either. And I'm 100% certain I installed them correctly.

Um, why does no pack work after i installed the launcher update? Peneke stopped working yesterday, I deleted that and installed TINPack but that doesn't work either. And I'm 100% certain I installed them correctly.

Works for me.

No idea tbh, I just kept quitting the game and coming back since I could not minimize and then after a while it just worked all of a sudden. I guess The Force did it?

Ok, so for me none of the solutions worked. It says insufficient rights, all the time. Once it was downloading, but I had the same problem in the end. It happens even if I launch in admin and deactivate my antivirus. Also the initial launcher deletes everytime I launch the auto update, and also I can't download it again, the browser tells me I have insufficient rights to download the launcher.

Then I downloaded the zip files, and I can't unzip the MB2Launcher file in there, the MB2Patcher unzips, but not the MB2Launcher.

I also tried these with the launcher inside and outside the gamedata folder, but I don't think it matters.

Last edited:

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
For those having trouble with settings, the minimiser or switching to MBII Client I have updated the first post with a possible solution.

• If you are having problems with Settings not saving, restoring, the minimiser not working or the updated Launcher crashing browse to %localappdata% (Either through the run dialog or by typing it into Windows Explorer's address bar) and deleting the Movie_Battles_Team folder. Its probably a good idea to back this up first.

this works, at least for the changing client for good.
@Ronin @fortiseven

If you are having problems with Settings not saving, restoring, the minimiser not working or the updated Launcher crashing browse to %localappdata% (Either through the run dialog or by typing it into Windows Explorer's address bar) and deleting the Movie_Battles_Team folder. Its probably a good idea to back this up first.
Worked for me, finally.

Thanks!

Ok, so I still got this.

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Accès refusé //Access denied
à System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
à System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
à AutoUpdate.Form1.UpdateWorker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

And once again, I can't make a copy paste of the Launcher again, saying I don't have enough rights...

Last edited: