Launcher Update Released

mb2_logo_1.png
Today we have released an update to the MBII Launcher with the following features and bug fixes. If any problems arise please check this thread for trouble shooting tips or asks in the support section or on discord - Launcher Update - What to Expect

• New: Patch engine has been rewritten to be more reliable and tolerant to errors
  • Fix: The "Not Enough Free Space" bug should no longer appear. In the event this is not fixed the user will have the option to override the check and install anyway
  • Fix: Fixed a bug where Steam Integration could not be disabled when Steam was not installed in the default location.
  • Fix: Launcher can now be properly restored when minimised on a Windows 10 System
  • Change: There is now only one installation type. There is no longer a "partial" installation.

If you have trouble with the installation please try the following:
  • Download http://update.moviebattles.org/launcher/AutoUpdate.exe and save it to the current location of your MBIILauncher (Most likely this is your game data folder). Run this with Administrator Priviledges
  • If this does not work Download http://update.moviebattles.org/launcher/MBIILauncher.zip and extract the files to the current location of your MBIILauncher (Most likely in your GameData folder) and when prompted over write.
  • It may be necessary to temporarily disable your anti-virus application during the installation. Please remember to enable it afterwards and if necessary white list MBIILauncher.exe
  • If you are having problems with Settings not saving, restoring, the minimiser not working or the updated Launcher crashing browse to %localappdata% (Either through the run dialog or by typing it into Windows Explorer's address bar) and deleting the Movie_Battles_Team folder. Its probably a good idea to back this up first.
  • Minimiser Not Working - Go into Settings and ensure your minimise hot key is set. Close Settings. Close Launcher. Reload launcher. DO NOT OPEN THE SETTINGS MENU. Launch Game and Minimise should work.

Last edited:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
The second issue is in game I have some stutters on map that I didn't have before at all and seems to occur randomly on some map areas
Lots of people have been reporting having massive framerate drops every time two sabers clash. It's possible you're having these stutters because you're near saber duels; if so, turn off Dynamic Lights and Dynamic Glow.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Hello , I am having some issues since the last patch , one with the launcher and one in game ; the first one is quite annoying because it occurs every time , every time I launch the launcher since last update I need to redownload the update , character models and such when I already did download it , the first time it happened to me I thought this was another patch to fix some issues already but no I was just redownloading , it happens every time I launch it and probably when I restart the computer the launcher redownload everything again ..

Click no to the download, then go into Settings and Repair Installation. Launcher will then properly validate your files.

Lots of people have been reporting having massive framerate drops every time two sabers clash. It's possible you're having these stutters because you're near saber duels; if so, turn off Dynamic Lights and Dynamic Glow.

Yes! Thank you ! somoene told me in a chat since then ! forgot to actualize my post here but thx for your help