Launcher Update Released

mb2_logo_1.png
Today we have released an update to the MBII Launcher with the following features and bug fixes. If any problems arise please check this thread for trouble shooting tips or asks in the support section or on discord - Launcher Update - What to Expect

• New: Patch engine has been rewritten to be more reliable and tolerant to errors
  • Fix: The "Not Enough Free Space" bug should no longer appear. In the event this is not fixed the user will have the option to override the check and install anyway
  • Fix: Fixed a bug where Steam Integration could not be disabled when Steam was not installed in the default location.
  • Fix: Launcher can now be properly restored when minimised on a Windows 10 System
  • Change: There is now only one installation type. There is no longer a "partial" installation.

If you have trouble with the installation please try the following:
  • Download http://update.moviebattles.org/launcher/AutoUpdate.exe and save it to the current location of your MBIILauncher (Most likely this is your game data folder). Run this with Administrator Priviledges
  • If this does not work Download http://update.moviebattles.org/launcher/MBIILauncher.zip and extract the files to the current location of your MBIILauncher (Most likely in your GameData folder) and when prompted over write.
  • It may be necessary to temporarily disable your anti-virus application during the installation. Please remember to enable it afterwards and if necessary white list MBIILauncher.exe
  • If you are having problems with Settings not saving, restoring, the minimiser not working or the updated Launcher crashing browse to %localappdata% (Either through the run dialog or by typing it into Windows Explorer's address bar) and deleting the Movie_Battles_Team folder. Its probably a good idea to back this up first.
  • Minimiser Not Working - Go into Settings and ensure your minimise hot key is set. Close Settings. Close Launcher. Reload launcher. DO NOT OPEN THE SETTINGS MENU. Launch Game and Minimise should work.

Last edited:
Myself and others have set the launcher to "MB2 Client" and checked Steam integration off, however when the launcher is closed and re-opened, it reverts back to JAMP with Steam integration checked on. Is it meant to be this way?

Are you forcing us against our will...?

Myself and others have set the launcher to "MB2 Client" and checked Steam integration off, however when the launcher is closed and re-opened, it reverts back to JAMP with Steam integration checked on. Is it meant to be this way?

same thing happens to me, and i use mb2 client not jamp so this is a problem.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
My seemingly-updated launcher still has a "Complete installation" checkbox.

And I guess there's now no way to disable file verification?

Attachments

• complete installation.JPG
    complete installation.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 382

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader

This isn't by design

My seemingly-updated launcher still has a "Complete installation" checkbox.

And I guess there's now no way to disable file verification?

Ok - missed that check box. Will remove it for the future.

There is no way to disable file verification but it will only verify files that it hasn't see at the correct version.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
so what can we do to revert this ? cause i wanna use mb2 client not jamp, and definitely no steam integration either.

You can download the 1.4.9 update in the DL section, grab the launcher out of it, and tell it not to update. Ill make an alternate DL in a minute.

NVM follow Defiant's instructions below.

Last edited:

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
You can download the 1.4.9 update in the DL section, grab the launcher out of it, and tell it not to update. Ill make an alternate DL in a minute.

No need. The download links are still for the old Launcher until im sure everything is smooth. Just decline the updated launcher.

No need. The download links are still for the old Launcher until im sure everything is smooth. Just decline the updated launcher.
Declining the update for the launcher blocks me from playing, or pressing anything ON the launcher for that regard (for me, anyway). I'll just keep switching to MB2 client manually every time I launch the launcher until it's working properly

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Declining the update for the launcher blocks me from playing

Is it revalidating files? I just tested that myself. I said no, it revalidated files, then I could click things again once it was done.

Is it revalidating files? I just tested that myself. I said no, it revalidated files, then I could click things again once it was done.
Nothing was validating or loading. I selected no and all buttons went navy-blue, only ones I could press was the minimise and close

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Nothing was validating or loading. I selected no and all buttons went navy-blue, only ones I could press was the minimise and close

I'm getting this too - I have updated the first post with instructions for manual installations. If this continues to be a problem I will disable the update prompt until we can develop a fix.

Um.. is anyone else having a problem minimizing/maximizing their game, also i'm having issues rebinding the use key. I updated the launcher and I use the jamp engine. I rebound the hotkeys to something else and still can't get it to work. Would going back and not updating the launcher fix this problem?

I'm getting this too - I have updated the first post with instructions for manual installations. If this continues to be a problem I will disable the update prompt until we can develop a fix.
Tried both of the fixes, still having the same issue of the engine reverting to JAMP with Steam integration checked on, I uninstalled and re-installed just to see if that'd work but same results unfortunately.

Tried both of the fixes, still having the same issue of the engine reverting to JAMP with Steam integration checked on, I uninstalled and re-installed just to see if that'd work but same results unfortunately.

yep not working for me either.

Uhm yeah mine just went "something went wrong" and then the launcher deleted itself.

Guess i'll try downloading it again

*Edit*
Tried it again, this time I put the launcher into the gamedata folder and it worked

Last edited:

Smee

Banned
Um.. is anyone else having a problem minimizing/maximizing their game, also i'm having issues rebinding the use key. I updated the launcher and I use the jamp engine. I rebound the hotkeys to something else and still can't get it to work. Would going back and not updating the launcher fix this problem?

Same problem here