Launcher Update Released

mb2_logo_1.png
Today we have released an update to the MBII Launcher with the following features and bug fixes. If any problems arise please check this thread for trouble shooting tips or asks in the support section or on discord - Launcher Update - What to Expect

• New: Patch engine has been rewritten to be more reliable and tolerant to errors
  • Fix: The "Not Enough Free Space" bug should no longer appear. In the event this is not fixed the user will have the option to override the check and install anyway
  • Fix: Fixed a bug where Steam Integration could not be disabled when Steam was not installed in the default location.
  • Fix: Launcher can now be properly restored when minimised on a Windows 10 System
  • Change: There is now only one installation type. There is no longer a "partial" installation.

If you have trouble with the installation please try the following:
  • Download http://update.moviebattles.org/launcher/AutoUpdate.exe and save it to the current location of your MBIILauncher (Most likely this is your game data folder). Run this with Administrator Priviledges
  • If this does not work Download http://update.moviebattles.org/launcher/MBIILauncher.zip and extract the files to the current location of your MBIILauncher (Most likely in your GameData folder) and when prompted over write.
  • It may be necessary to temporarily disable your anti-virus application during the installation. Please remember to enable it afterwards and if necessary white list MBIILauncher.exe
  • If you are having problems with Settings not saving, restoring, the minimiser not working or the updated Launcher crashing browse to %localappdata% (Either through the run dialog or by typing it into Windows Explorer's address bar) and deleting the Movie_Battles_Team folder. Its probably a good idea to back this up first.
  • Minimiser Not Working - Go into Settings and ensure your minimise hot key is set. Close Settings. Close Launcher. Reload launcher. DO NOT OPEN THE SETTINGS MENU. Launch Game and Minimise should work.

Last edited:
I tried deleted movie_battles_team folder, didn't do anything to fix minimize/maximize and also when I use mb2 client instead of jamp my sound doesn't work im getting pretty annoyed now think we should do what kimmy said and reroll to last launcher version while you fix the bugs with this version.

I tried deleted movie_battles_team folder, didn't do anything to fix minimize/maximize and also when I use mb2 client instead of jamp my sound doesn't work im getting pretty annoyed now think we should do what kimmy said and reroll to last launcher version while you fix the bugs with this version.

i´ve reverted back to original launcher and game cant launch lol :D

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
If you are having problems with Settings not saving, restoring, the minimiser not working or the updated Launcher crashing browse to %localappdata% (Either through the run dialog or by typing it into Windows Explorer's address bar) and deleting the Movie_Battles_Team folder. Its probably a good idea to back this up first.
Tried this, did not appear to fix the problem of the Engine setting switching from MBII Client back to JAMP, nor did it fix the problem of my minimize hotkey not working (and yes, I did bind it.)

Just want to say that I do not get any servers in the serverlist anymore, and can not play.

Also, minimizing doesn't work...

o that sucks, seeing as I can't play MBII for the next couple of days due to work and exams :(

Okay, entirely new problem now.

I launch the launcher from the desktop, but it just crashes and gives me a "MB2 has stopped working, windows is looking for a solution to the problem" warning. It scans for about 2 seconds then quits and leaves me on the desktop.

However, when I launch the .exe from the GameData files, it works fine. I've tried all the fixes that Defiant posted but still the same results. Am I missing something?

mb2_logo_1.png
Today we have released an update to the MBII Launcher that destroys ur system so u never have to play again

• New:
  • Fix: ur pc now explodes and imbues shrapnel into the user non-lethally as opposed to the lethal explosion the last launcher update caused, as to cause maximum suffering
  • Fix: now successfully encrypts all ur files and replaces all ur icons with MLP clop material
  • Fix: launcher will now call u names and make u feel bad
  • Change: removed mb2, added cocktail of viruses so that people will stop complaining about how the game is unbalanced

• reevaluate ur life choices
  • watch that episode of spongebob where he straight up rips a guys head off to reveal another, smaller head
  • disable ur AV so our MB2 Team patented ransomware can do its job
  • kys pls

mb2_logo_1.png
Today we have released an update to the MBII Launcher that destroys ur system so u never have to play again

• New:
  • Fix: ur pc now explodes and imbues shrapnel into the user non-lethally as opposed to the lethal explosion the last launcher update caused, as to cause maximum suffering
  • Fix: now successfully encrypts all ur files and replaces all ur icons with MLP clop material
  • Change: removed mb2, added cocktail of viruses so that people will stop complaining about how the game is unbalanced

• watch that episode of spongebob where he straight up rips a guys head off to reveal another, smaller head
  • kys pls

when you are on fire, you are on fire.
love u burd ;P

mb2_logo_1.png

• New:

• kys pls
Tank

Okay, entirely new problem now.

I launch the launcher from the desktop, but it just crashes and gives me a "MB2 has stopped working, windows is looking for a solution to the problem" warning. It scans for about 2 seconds then quits and leaves me on the desktop.

However, when I launch the .exe from the GameData files, it works fine. I've tried all the fixes that Defiant posted but still the same results. Am I missing something?
Servers don't appear when I launch from GameData either.

*shakes fist*

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Observed bugs:
  • Minimizer does not work with MBII's OpenJK build (though you can still change focus with it so not as annoying as it failing with JAMP).
  • Engine selection setting is somewhat buggy. You can select OpenJK and it works, but if you open settings again it will revert to JAMP/Steam integration if that was used before.
Everything else seems to be working fine.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Strange thing is the Minimiser wasn't touched at all. Working on a fix - possible work around is to switch to Windowed mode and then back to full screen. This seems to help the Minimiser find the right window.

Observed bugs:
  • Minimizer does not work with MBII's OpenJK build (though you can still change focus with it so not as annoying as it failing with JAMP).
  • Engine selection setting is somewhat buggy. You can select OpenJK and it works, but if you open settings again it will revert to JAMP/Steam integration if that was used before.
Everything else seems to be working fine.

Do you guys know why I have rights problem when it comes to mb2 launcher ?