It's Kinda Ironic

Lindsey

Movie Battles II Team
I still have never been kicked outside of the first day and I play normally:

Just gotta know when to move the fight into the other team's line of fire for TKs or let your team get the kills :p

@mage! You're claiming that every new player getting into this game will act exactly as you expect, but you're not considering that your points of view and understanding of people might be very lacking and limited.
I mean it is what it is, if new players enjoy Casual Corner server for the gameplay, memes, skill level, CC community, etc, then good for them. It's just that completely locking even intermediate players out of the server means that there's a 'noob server' and 'regular servers', where maybe it would be nicer to have just 'MB2 servers' with all skill levels, and the 'CC environment' with auto warn/kick doesn't really entice regulars to join and help out these newer players with advice, info, banter, etc, so these new players will likely not participate in the wider MB2 community or are confined to CC

Fang

Donator
Segregating the community via this server hurts the community in general.

I appreciate the idea that IS casual corner, but so far you've fostered them to believe in tactics and gameplay that are absolutely awful to learn.

What do your server population folk say about the server? If you asked them the questions like "Have you learned anything?" "How long will you stay on this server?" (aka will they "graduate").

It's like the government lmao, you're suppressing potential by herding them like animals to protect em' from the dangers of the outside world

Last edited:

Sag

Internal Beta Team
Pretty much what Liniyka, Faux and Fang have said.
This server splits the community. New players go to this server and learn bad tactics and gameplay, then try out other servers and get destroyed leading them to only play CC. MB2 is a small enough community and we don't need a server that prevents vets from playing their standard of casual without getting kicked instantly from it. New players can't get good at the game if CC is the server that gets a lot of the pop and new players, as vets can't play there to help give tips etc etc. I know UDrew is just trying to foster a community for the new players but it is hurting the community. Either the bot for the server needs to go or the server in general.

Last edited:
I wonder what all the seemingly new players are on regular servers who don't seem to know any tactics, get constantly killed, enable me to hit top 3 score consistently, but still insist on playing for 2 hours or more in one sitting.
Hmm.

Maybe whether this server exists or not or handles it's rules as it does, new players will find the gameplay and ruthless skill difference to be forbidding and unbearable, or they'll find it enticing. That's just me though, but it seems to me that anyone who's stuck around is in the latter category.

Where does this idea come from that players will find the game impossible to continue to play because they've reached a certain level, then find another level difficult in comparison? 'They'll use the bad tactics and they don't work out so they quit or go back to CC'. Then they can go back to CC. They have that freedom. Or maybe they're not NPCs or robots, they might be people with actual intellect, maybe they'll figure out that the same tactics don't always work, and what to use depends on various factors.

I think there's a pretty ridiculous generalization going on here. I think it's even more ridiculous when we consider that apparently the vast majority of players who can be considered at least average appear to give zero shits about tactics and are only playing the game for the lulz. When the apparent 'tier higher than casual corner' is already not really taking the potential of gameplay that far, what point is there to complain about one server that gives a space to people who aren't furthering it either? Of course this is also just my point of view. Maybe many others don't see much of a problem in the average level of play and think it's far beyond what the CC crowd does.

Getting you cover taken by someone when you pop out to throw a charge or sniper shot in, then not being able to run back because you get body blocked. Imperials on dotf enduring 10 rounds of getting flanked over and over because no one defends side. Half the server population going jedi/sith and either getting wrecked by gunners over and over without contributing anything to the battle. What wonderful tactics the non-CC player base is executing.

There's also the dueling communities. If you want to play well with a decent ping, you can't play on American servers from the EU, or the other way around. Many players will prefer to join a bunch of low population servers for 3v3s, because they can't get anything done once server population goes past 20, when they could probably get a 8v8 going on if they all rallied to one server, which is easier than ever before these days when you can access the server list mid-battle. From where I'm standing there's a lot of community splitting going on.

Maybe I'm wrong. I'm from the Nordics after all so I play on EU servers. Is CC really destroying the community by splitting the playerbase in two? Maybe the average MBII player on the other side of the Atlantic is much better at the game than the average European? Who knows. If there's a 30-player open server kicking on the US side with a duel server up with some population while CC is active at the same time, I'm not really sure what the problem is.

It's also possible that without CC there would be one server's worth less players in the game anyway. And from that nobody in this community gains anything, regardless of skill level. Just like everyone loses when someone's neckbeard attempts to redesign the idea that no one should help each other and the society should be a battlefield for who hurts others humans the most while gathering most money and hollow self-comfort. A couple of nations have been beta testing that for years now, maybe you can take a look and see how that works out. Seems like someone has the same idea for MBII: let's throw everyone into the same meat grinder regardless of skill level and make them not want to play the game because some guy who has played for 10 years murders them with a 0.3 second reaction time ruptor shot. We could just accept many ways to live and play.

Lindsey

Movie Battles II Team
Ten years ago you were kicked off one server if you used Q3 (it was called T3 back in the day), and AOD kicked people for cursing. Particular server rules have always existed in this mod, one could argue theres always room for another server, maybe someone could host a "Intermediate Corner" server...

Fang

Donator
"Ten years ago"

Things changed, people realized these were negatives impacts.

At the end of the day it'll:
1)it dies
2)its fine
3)the population segregation becomes a large issue

do what you will

I still have never been kicked outside of the first day and I play normally:

Just gotta know when to move the fight into the other team's line of fire for TKs or let your team get the kills :p
Because people still assume you're a girl when they 1st encounter you, you damn trap!!

I agree with Nero. We need equal outcomes, not equal opportunities. That's what he said!

Ten years ago you were kicked off one server if you used Q3 (it was called T3 back in the day), and AOD kicked people for cursing. Particular server rules have always existed in this mod, one could argue theres always room for another server, maybe someone could host a "Intermediate Corner" server...

Yeah Casual-ish corner existed for a hot second before UDrew got reamed in that too

What's the appeal of going on there and stomping the whole team?

Don't you feel better when you overcome challenges? Going on there to noobstomp is hardly a challenge.

Then again, a lot of you 'good' players deliberately skill stack teams, even refusing to change when there's a number stack.

So I guess it's no surprise you'll throw a fit when a cheap source of accomplishment is taken away from you.

I thought the server was a troll server the first time i went there, but it definitely does seem like the perpetually oppressed latte-sippers with sternum piercings have taken over MB2, too.
Class balance is completely out of whack, the game simply isn't fun enough to play so most of MB2 vets stopped playing and the game turned into a glorified chat room. So what's left is new people trying out the game and the people using the game as a socializing platform/chat room. Reminds me of base jka. If the game doesn't take itself serious, people will simply play accordingly.

Last edited:

you used to get kicked off pande 10 years ago if an admin heard you breathing behind him while he sat in the same spot in main for half the match with proj. times change.

but then again, the more things change the more things stay the same. got muted on pande for a full hour a couple years ago for calling somebody a 'nugget' but instead of hitting T, hitting the key one left of it on the keyboard by mistake and coming out with 'nugger'. maybe the lesson here is that most admins are braindead and dont know how to control themselves.

What's the appeal of going on there and stomping the whole team?

Don't you feel better when you overcome challenges? Going on there to noobstomp is hardly a challenge.

Then again, a lot of you 'good' players deliberately skill stack teams, even refusing to change when there's a number stack.

So I guess it's no surprise you'll throw a fit when a cheap source of accomplishment is taken away from you.

this is exactly why i dont(and many people who used to play who i know) dont play anymore. it isnt very fun to hop on a server and noobstomp people for 6 hours because there is no challenge involved. ever since 1.5/1.6 most of the old players who played regularly dropped off the face of the game, and now everytime i or others go on its a bunch of whitenames who barely know how to play and inevitably one of us ends up topping the leaderboard after less than an hour, gets bored, and leaves.

i couldnt care less about the saber changes, because im more of a fw melee guy, but the fact that it made most if not all the regulars who i've come to know over the years just disappear has kinda pooped on the experience for me.

rip

Last edited: