It's Kinda Ironic

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Noone is against an 'influx of new players'.

Having a server that caters to said new players is a great thing. What people do have an issue with, however, is a server that executes this in a poor manner; noone should be deterred from accumulating as many kills as possible with a kick from the server. What sort of indicator is that to a new player who, after having spent weeks on a 0/15 KD, finally gets a good KD - only to find that he has been kicked from the server for committing this most 'evil of sins'? "Shit!", said little Timmy. "Did I do something wrong? I guess I shouldn't be killing people so much!". There seems to be this misconception that a half-decent KD is mutually exclusive from being a new player.

Just think it could be executed in a better fashion, that's all.

Just think it could be executed in a better fashion, that's all.

If you have a better idea, please share. It's the best that I can come up with since there's no way for me to be around 24/7 to monitor things and even if I was there or there was an army of admins to cover things at all times, having a consistently high KD is something that would be a red flag anyway. And unfortunately, there have been players who prove time and time again that they won't play nice unless something makes them, so it's necessary to have something like this in place. Is the system perfect? No, of course not, but honestly I don't think anything would anyway, so I think the system is working well enough.

As for your Little Timmy scenario, I honestly have a hard time believing anyone who hangs out on the server for weeks will get that impression, but say they do. They have to be doing consistently well (and ignoring warnings) to get kicked, especially if they've been around that long doing poorly, and if they can't handle taking it easier on the other players and let them grow too, then yea, it's probably time to move on to a different server.

Never in my years have I seen such a loaded question. I'm expecting great answers from this one.
if someone somehow tries to argue that influx of new players is a bad thing, you know that it's just some mental gymnastics in a desperate attempt to insert their boomer fantasies, and also so people express that they are a veteran, e.g. "BACK IN MY DAY ..."

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Imagine being over 10 years' old and using boomer unironically as a means of discrediting someone. Absolutely cringe, m8 =D

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
If you have a better idea, please share
Literally anything is better than punishing people for playing the game properly - lol. It sets a dangerous precedent for newer players who would then (hopefully) go on to other servers with this odd rule embedded in their head.

By all means mute people for saying the most harmless of things (grow a spine - seriously - or use ignore).
By all means give server 'warnings' (I'd prefer 'suggestions') to people who are killing a lot, telling them that, while all players are welcome (unless, of course, you want to discriminate?), the server is set up to be a haven for the more inexperienced.
By all means have a system relaying to your Discord server when certain people are exploiting your good will, and deliberately farming newbies to big up their KD: you can then take it upon yourself to get in touch with this person (or recruit more admins to do this), informing them that their IP is logged, and (while they are welcome to play) to tone it down a bit.

Is the automated kick function really needed? No. I have faith that the MB2 community, as a whole, can make it work without the need to go to such lengths. Could always name and shame the perpetrators, too :)

I don't know how anyone will get it in their head that this is how all servers are ran. It's pretty clear that they selected one of the many options available before joining the server.

I've only seen a few actions that the bot has taken that I wouldn't have taken personally. So your idea is to have me (or someone else, who is just as likely, if not more than the bot, to make a few number of actions I wouldn't personally take either) on the clock 24/7 to do the same thing that can be automated? Doesn't make sense to me.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I do appreciate you actually putting forth an idea though, even if I don't happen to agree that it's the right way to go.

Last edited:
Imagine being over 10 years' old and using boomer unironically as a means of discrediting someone. Absolutely cringe, m8 =D

Lol, wtf?

Even the oldest mber, I believe it was =Tom=, barely qualifies as that. Majority of players are millenials. Even me! Haha.
Or were. Perhaps the times have changed?

My opinion? Stupid is timeless and young and old, you'll always find some players with a deficit in capacity.
Try not to show your teeth when you smile, ye neo-boomers!

This is dumb. It's not ironic. It's broke.

Lol, wtf?

Even the oldest mber, I believe it was =Tom=, barely qualifies as that. Majority of players are millenials. Even me! Haha.
Or were. Perhaps the times have changed?

My opinion? Stupid is timeless and young and old, you'll always find some players with a deficit in capacity.
Try not to show your teeth when you smile, ye neo-boomers!

This is dumb. It's not ironic. It's broke.
nice reply i guess

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
To be fair, I have missed you a lot, Chaos. Good to see you still lurking on these forums.

@UDrew not at all, mate: I don't think you can take a blanket approach to people with KDs (which is why I strongly oppose the automated kick system), hence the suggestion to treat each case on an individual level. Sure it will take longer, might cause work, you won't be available yadda yadda - but it would allow you to deal with those who are 'deliberately being disruptive by farming noobs' while not putting all players who are getting decent KDs under that umbrella; decent KD is, again, not always synonymous with a good player, new(er) players can get a decent KD yet still not want to leave the 'safety' of the Casual server - but shouldn't be punished for not doing so.

Maybe I'm rambling...I just think it sets a bad precedent. My 2c. If it's working for you/the vast majority, then so be it.

I understand and agree that going through each case on an individual level could yield better results, but that's more man power than it's worth imo.

New players aren't the only ones welcome. Those newer players and even veterans are more than welcome too as long as they keep in mind that the way they play can be impacting many more other players and this isn't a game where everyone can respawn right away, so it can be that much more impactful to them.

That's why I still feel K/D is generally fine to rely on, because it's not just finding new/pro players, but it's a casual server and it's looking for people who are disrupting that balance, deliberately or not. There are always warnings before someone is kicked or even banned, so that's when I'd say it's up to the player to let the system know if they're deliberately trying to be disruptive or if it was just a lucky break. So anyone can keep that 'safety' if they want it, but not if they want to keep having it at the expense of a disproportionate amount of others' play experience.

Yeehaw 2020 - the snowflakes even took over MB2!
You are displeased with the fact that private server bought with private money is not setup accordingly with your expectations. You are the only one acting like a snowflake. Ironic

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Moved most of the offtopic crap to its own thread. Going to start infracting people if I have to do that again. ;_;

Well shit, I wish I was Italian enough to smear you as a Meatball Mofo!

Also....not sure what is going on??

Edit: Spaghetti Meatball Monster scares me! Why are you so delicious?

Last edited:
Moved most of the offtopic crap to its own thread. Going to start infracting people if I have to do that again. ;_;

So be it. I will make a point of staying on-topic going forward.

ddraaa6-a9ebe4b5-69ee-424d-bd0d-5fa6938d47ee.jpg

In defense of spontaneous conversation,
I still have 'fond' memories of that one thread that became a lyric-battle some four years ago.
https://community.moviebattles.org/threads/goliath-ai-uses-aimbots.2415/

Last edited:
This is a joke.

I mean, my god, the censors are out in force once I rise my head up again?

Ban me for making the forums alive again?

Moderators are the Death of the MB2 Forums.

Ban them from every server. They won't let us play and have fun? Karma is a bitch.