How much of the Saber system is being changed next update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am asking because I don't know if I want to spend hours upon hours learning the current saber-system if the new one is going to do away with what I've learned.

Honestly I am not looking for details here, I am just wondering if I should still spend time learning the current one or if I should wait for the new one and then practice like a madman.

If you can't answer, then that's fine too. At worst, I'll just have to wait.

The effort involved as a single player has only ever increased while effort involved by a member of the herd has only decreased.

Preston

Nerd
I find it easier than before to take on multiple opponents. That could also be because Ive gotten alot better since then. so who knows

We might have different ideas of taking on multiple opponents:) Fighting 5 or 6 at the same time alone. Reckless and stupid but hey, its fun and glorious.
I also have this fantasy of facing off against 31 other players as a gunner but I might actually have to break out sniper for that. I refuse. Plus the ammo. Even as a 3 life sold, just not enough ammo for a reasonable chance against 31.

If the pb blocking mechanics aren't going to change then I surely hope the reward for spamming multiple swings is looked at. It's fine for dueling. For open, it just limits or dare I say it, nerfs, some gamestyle play.

And I could have sworn Stassi or some other devs said that the cooldown between ap hits was removed so every swing counted contributing to the spam?
Correct me if I'm wrong:)

I'm still more interested in adding more melee attacks for dueling. It's an awkward combination of buttons for me to press to leg sweep with saber out:(
Now if they were being ambitious they'd have a toggle for a new branch of moves. So you could switch between regular swings and altered swings/melee combos.

Toggle between:

The 8 directional swings we have now. Some count front and back the same, whatever.
And then the secondary attack style would involve half those direction swings with the other half of the movement keys being melee attacks that could knock down, stagger, stumble, push back an opponent.

That was one of the ideas floated around by Wildebeast for mb3 anyway:( Or was it mine:)

Sylar

Donator
Err... hm... Sorry for being that guy that asks for ETA but I hear ppl talking that this would be release August others say way before (you guys only mentioned soon) So not asking for a specific date just this : It will be released 1st half of the year?

All aboard the hype train!!!!

Ty.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
It's coming within this half absolutely. We're reasonably close. Development is in feature-lock for the patch so it's just a matter of ironing out issues and adding final polish.

Maan, ive been sitting on that joke but I didn't want to get a pm saying "please don't make jokes in srs threads."
So I am going to add onto the joke instead.
how many polish people are being added
Enough to defend themselves with.

Last edited:
That joke doesn't have enough polish in it.

o_O

24vljic.jpg

This is sufficient, Polish, I own one of these! I was guaranteed it had only one previous user!

Devs, I'm not afraid to use it! I'm not! Please don't break the saber system :eek:

(I am part Polish btw)

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
so it still has its broken perk...

Perk isn't broken at all. You can kill a Cyan user by parrying him with 4 hit combos on yellow/staff and out-damaging him. The parry perk is only in effect on the first parry of a combo, and doesn't even deal hardly any damage at all. What gets people killed, is either constantly starting single attacks that get parried, or getting interrupted.

While I agree Cyan can be annoying to fight against, it is most certainly not overpowered, and a lot of players can deal with it just fine. I have more success with Staff than cyan.

I'd actually prefer a lot more changes to Cyan, to make it more like Makashi, and a fencing style.

Preston

Nerd
No, no no no no no no no no nonno nonononononononononononononin
Dont respond preston. Dont respond preston. Dont respond preston.

Please no1 respond pls
If this thread becomes another perspective of a new player ima lose it

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
No, no no no no no no no no nonno nonononononononononononononin
Dont respond preston. Dont respond preston. Dont respond preston.

Please no1 respond pls
If this thread becomes another perspective of a new player ima lose it

I'm not a new player any more 'friend'.

And if you think Cyan is overpowered, go fight Kael's staff/yellow with it, or SeaOtter's red, or Raptor's blue. As I said, I have far more success against them with staff, than I ever did with Cyan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.