How much of the Saber system is being changed next update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am asking because I don't know if I want to spend hours upon hours learning the current saber-system if the new one is going to do away with what I've learned.

Honestly I am not looking for details here, I am just wondering if I should still spend time learning the current one or if I should wait for the new one and then practice like a madman.

If you can't answer, then that's fine too. At worst, I'll just have to wait.

The thing is every style should have a semblance of predictability. People just hold down mouse 1 with duals and win because they swing so damned fast.
I would like it more if you could turn into a helicopter and fly.
Unpredictable saber swings scare gunners.
A lot actually.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
There was a bug in the beta where unarmed/melee people could PB lightsaber attacks. Fun times :)

Also, with regards to dueling, I don't think I'm saying too much if I reveal that cyan's retarded perk thing has been fixed. Of course this is just one among many great fixes and details we've been working on, although I don't want to hype it too much. Tbh I agree with supa about Cyan. The animations of cyan coupled with its speed make it look very dumb. With purple, you can atleast see the swings properly but those wonky animations being played super fast is just blegh.

Anyway, in terms of dueling it now takes skill to play cyan, like it should :)

That is based on perspective, Sev. You'll forgive me if I question the dueling capabilities of the devs. Some of the very best duelists in the game at the moment, believe that Cyan is balanced, or underpowered.

People that suggest that the cyan perk was the reason for it being strong, simply don't understand how it worked in an actual fight, against someone that was actually good. Perhaps if all of Cyan's parries did damage, it would be OP, sure. However the damage from a single parry, is nonsensically pathetic.

Here is one of my many ideas for Cyan:

*** FIRST OF ALL, have parries deal 8 damage to BOTH players. Parrying at the moment is a bit too strong of a mechanic, and it should not be a stronger defensive form than pblocking.

- Cyan
Changed to 3 hit Combo (This is to give a more specialized feel to Cyan, than the 5 hit combo 'spam' everyone feels it is, and puts more of an emphasis on footwork against styles like Yellow)

Damage increased by 40%

Perk Change:
- Removed old perk
- Cyan takes 80% less damage on parries (Keeping Cyan more like a fencing style, and focused on parries, beating the opponent through expert distancing and parrying)
- Deals 70% increased damage on a single body hit to an opponent (at any point during a combo), subsequent body hits deal 40% less damage. (This is to emphasize single hits to an opponent, parry them two times, then land a powerful body hit, rather than spamming through their combos to hit them repeatedly. Forcing precision, over spam)
- Back jumps cost no BP

Animation changes:

- The spins are 50% faster, and deal slightly more damage (This is so that the spins are actually useful, and not something to avoid like the plague, albeit it would leave you open)
- W Swing is changed to a swift one handed thrust, that can be combo'd in and out of (This emphasiZes the fencing Makashi style, so that you can keep your opponent at saber tip length)
- Block stance changed to a one handed stance, similar to Dooku, or Malak (to further distuingish the style from others, so that it is easily seen, even from a distance)

I talked to a few good players about the suggested change for Cyan, and they all liked it. Though I'm doubting any one here likes it, since they all want it removed due to a lack of understanding of the interrupt mechanic.

Supa said:
The thing is every style should have a semblance of predictability. People just hold down mouse 1 with duals and win because they swing so damned fast.

And that is my point, if you're suggesting that you can win by just holding down mouse 1 with duals, against anyone remotely good, you shouldn't have an opinion on saber balance with any serious weight. I don't want to be mean, but you're holding a saber system hostage, and you don't fully appreciate it, either. The only dumb thing on dual sabers is the stab that builds AC. The animations, and speed, is perfectly fine otherwise. I pblock the majority of dual saber swings anyway.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Oh and btw, im so glad cyan is getting fixed. Mb2 just hot 2x better

I encounter a cyan user, perhaps, once every 50 games. The other 90% of duelists i encounter all spam 3 hit combos with red, and then get mad when I interrupt them with Cyan, or Staff, or Purple.

Preston

Nerd
So sev are you allowed to talk about cyans perk anymore? Was it just nerfed or was it changed completely?

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
I'm not allowed to mention anything explicit afaik, but the devs have already said that system is in featurelock, so not rly sure. If someone else like stassin mentions it I can talk about it, but I'm always careful :)

Oh and btw, im so glad cyan is getting fixed. Mb2 just hot 2x better

In my opinion, 1.4 is about 20 times better than the current public one :)

About cyans perk, it's being changed to another perk. The cyan parry perk has been a blight on the saber system for long enough and it would be shameful if, after joining the beta test team, I wasn't able to get that little pet peeve of mine fixed. Although that's just the tip of the iceberg. So many good changes have been made courtesy of stassin's epic coding skills, ideas and, dare I say it, my input o.o

Last edited:

Preston

Nerd
I'm not allowed to mention anything explicit afaik, but the devs have already said that system is in featurelock, so not rly sure. If someone else like stassin mentions it I can talk about it, but I'm always careful :)

In my opinion, 1.4 is about 20 times better than the current public one :)

About cyans perk, it's being changed to another perk. The cyan parry perk has been a blight on the saber system for long enough and it would be shameful if, after joining the beta test team, I wasn't able to get that little pet peeve of mine fixed. Although that's just the tip of the iceberg. So many good changes have been made courtesy of stassin's epic coding skills, ideas and, dare I say it, my input o.o
Well I can not wait. Very very excited, and now I have no worries with the next saber system. Thx alot

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
I'm so glad that incessant whining and ignorance has caused the change of one of the most interesting saber styles available. Guess I'll just continue slaughtering people by spamming 4 hit staff combos.

Then I guess I'll just spam single parries with blue, and build AC. Or then be better at parrying with yellow than my opponent.
I don't think you understand whats going to be changed in 1.4, your eyes shut down until you read the words 'cyan is being nerfed'

I think you should read your own quote 'twice the pride, double the fall' ;)

Last edited:

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
That is based on perspective, Sev. You'll forgive me if I question the dueling capabilities of the devs. Some of the very best duelists in the game at the moment, believe that Cyan is balanced, or underpowered.

People that suggest that the cyan perk was the reason for it being strong, simply don't understand how it worked in an actual fight, against someone that was actually good. Perhaps if all of Cyan's parries did damage, it would be OP, sure. However the damage from a single parry, is nonsensically pathetic.

1) Who are these 'very best' duelists in the game saying that? As far as I'm aware, most of the EU Duelists (SeV, Sisi, Sek, Dymb, myself) all believe cyan needed a nerf/fix. It's a stupid style that doesn't require any skill whatsoever. Anyone saying otherwise is lying. GAR Kael likes to make out Cyan is a balanced style to hide the fact that he is relatively average with other styles.
2) In regards to the 'dueling capabilities' of the devs: if you don't know Sisi/Stassin or SeV, then you must be new around here!
3) Cyan needs a niche more than it needs a fix, tbh. I just don't see what it s supposed to be doing.

Last edited:
hi cyan main since b12 if you remove the wallrun perk i wont stop ritualistically sacrificing little lambs until you revert the change

(ps can I still wallrun for free? it's the only reason why i play the game).

Status
Not open for further replies.