How much of the Saber system is being changed next update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am asking because I don't know if I want to spend hours upon hours learning the current saber-system if the new one is going to do away with what I've learned.

Honestly I am not looking for details here, I am just wondering if I should still spend time learning the current one or if I should wait for the new one and then practice like a madman.

If you can't answer, then that's fine too. At worst, I'll just have to wait.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
From the perspective of someone who plays predominantly as a gunner, the reason I hate cyan, and blue for that matter, is just the sheer speed of the swing. If the speed of the swing were dependent on parrying/countering while in saber to saber it would be great. We've just continuously nerfed the hell out of it, between lowering it's speed and doing nothing to it's damage, which was fine in my opinion, and then just nerfing it's damage and leaving the speed alone, which is okay.

From the perspective of someone who plays predominantly as a gunner, the reason I hate cyan, and blue for that matter, is just the sheer speed of the swing.
I agree, i've been getting into gunner recently and the time it takes for a swing to complete is too short to react(unless you have amazing reflexes) especially if it hits and the swing ends early

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Even with amazing reflexes, or instincts in my case, it's incredibly hard to get out of the way of a cyan or blue swing, unless the Jedi/Sith wasn't within optimal range.

Even with amazing reflexes, or instincts in my case, it's incredibly hard to get out of the way of a cyan or blue swing, unless the Jedi/Sith wasn't within optimal range.
I think a way to balancing these fast styles is to have them take more fp damage then slower styles(having red and purple be most resistant)

The fastest style but does no damage, is that blue? I am not sure I don't play over powered classes.
I know its like that in vanilla but even blue instant gibbed storm-troopers.

That style confuses me, I play a 55hp class, with no armor most of the time.
I get hit by that thing and im like. "What?"

I thought the whole point of the light saber is to instant gibb everything it touches.
Why is there a LIGHTSABER STYLE that doesn't instant kill? Is it like that for dueling balances?

Because in my opinion I wouldn't even have a style like that in the game.
It contradicts the very nature of the weapon. I am guessing cyan is a faster yellow, is that correct?

I wouldn't have styles that do shit damage and compensate that for in speed. That just doesn't make sense for light sabers, swords in general? Sure but not fucking lazer swords.

Last edited:
Why is there a LIGHTSABER STYLE that doesn't instant kill? Is it like that for dueling balances?
it instant kills in duels but not against certain gunner classes because that would just be unfair if the jedi could just slice through gunners without a fight(keep in mind the classes that survive blue hits are usually one-life)

Preston

Nerd
The fastest style but does no damage, is that blue? I am not sure I don't play over powered classes.
I know its like that in vanilla but even blue instant gibbed storm-troopers.

That style confuses me, I play a 55hp class, with no armor most of the time.
I get hit by that thing and im like. "What?"

I thought the whole point of the light saber is to instant gibb everything it touches.

Because in my opinion I wouldn't even have a style like that in the game.
It contradicts the very nature of the weapon. I am guessing cyan is a faster yellow, is that correct?

I wouldn't have styles that do shit damage and compensate that for in speed. That just doesn't make sense for light sabers, swords in general? Sure but not fucking lazer swords.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

it instant kills in duels but not against certain gunner classes because that would just be unfair if the jedi could just slice through gunners without a fight(keep in mind the classes that survive blue hits are usually one-life)

I've tanked that light saber style as a soldier with no armor.
It just doesn't make sense in open, period.

Like I think there was an instance where I got pushed, and the guy had to stab me twice while I was down because the 1st one dident kill.
This was before I discovered the CQC skill.

If you guys want to keep an under powered style like that, go ahead. But if you want to troll people in open, just go with a wizard build and force repulse people to death. That actually works and is funny as hell when people glich into walls.

Last edited:

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team

There was a bug in the beta where unarmed/melee people could PB lightsaber attacks. Fun times :)

Also, with regards to dueling, I don't think I'm saying too much if I reveal that cyan's retarded perk thing has been fixed. Of course this is just one among many great fixes and details we've been working on, although I don't want to hype it too much. Tbh I agree with supa about Cyan. The animations of cyan coupled with its speed make it look very dumb. With purple, you can atleast see the swings properly but those wonky animations being played super fast is just blegh.

Anyway, in terms of dueling it now takes skill to play cyan, like it should :)

It just doesn't make sense in open, period.
hmm remember the duel between dooku and obi in episode 2, dooku nudged obi twice with his saber and he just managed to cut him and disable him for the rest of the battle, i think thats what the devs were going for with blue a style that doesn't use enough power to slice someone in half laser sword or not, its about nudging your opponent with your sword until they get tired or lower their defense(represented by AP) I actually prefer two hits killing soldiers instead of a barrage or something seeing as obi wan came out of dookus fight completely fine(cant say the same for one-arm annie)

hmm remember the duel between dooku and obi in episode 2, dooku nudged obi twice with his saber and he just managed to cut him and disable him for the rest of the battle, i think thats what the devs were going for with blue a style that doesn't use enough power to slice someone in half laser sword or not, its about nudging your opponent with your sword until they get tired or lower their defense(represented by AP) I actually prefer two hits killing soldiers instead of a barrage or something seeing as obi wan came out of dookus fight completely fine(cant say the same for one-arm annie)
If blue was dual wielding, it would make sense because you don't have as much strength with one hand versus two handing a weapon. However, duel wielding is the green style. I am not arguing blue should do more damage, I am asking why is it there in the 1st place. Because blue animations are not one handed animations, they are two handed animations. And it looks like you are hitting people with a bat rather than a sword.

Lightsabers were based off samurai weapons, and they were not ment to be used stick and board style (sword and shield) almost all samurai based weapons required two hands to be efficient. You have to have both hands free to cut anything when it came to Japanese swords.

Blue is just wielding a comatose sonic the hedgehog, and your beating people to death with a fast blunt spiky object.
I am nicknaming blue to bat style, because it feels like getting hit with a bat.
It hurts but im not "dead".

Last edited:

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Lets not even discuss duals. That's another style that shouldn't be as inherently fast as it currently is.

Preston

Nerd
Duals are fine, except they arnt atm.

I love having the ability in games to have dual swords or whatever, but atm they are slightly broken in mb2

Supa

The Serial Stacker
The thing is every style should have a semblance of predictability. People just hold down mouse 1 with duals and win because they swing so damned fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.