[Guide] The Dueling Compendium

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
It would make sense to add it in some more visual way. I can't tell you how many times over the years I've directed new players to the forums for my guide. (I didn't know there were forums? Where on them? Community sticky? Okay I'll look for it.)

After all, alot of new players are going to want to try out jedi/sith both in open and dueling mode because this is Star wars after all. And here, we're not untrained children with lightsabers like Kylo Ren and the others in EP 7 ^^

Would be cool if some basic thing was explain like for disarm, i have to press both button, but when i press both at the same time, i'm blocking. for example

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Would be cool if some basic thing was explain like for disarm, i have to press both button, but when i press both at the same time, i'm blocking. for example

A disarm is usually performed like this. Let's say you have to use the left direction disarm. So you walk left while holding block, then at the right timing, you press attack while you keep holding block so that you're briefly holding both mousebuttons down. It's not exactly a basic/easy skill to perform.

Was not saying that disarm is basic.

But the way to in the guide is sometimes for veteran.

When you duel where do you usually aim? Their head/chest level or more lower torso/leg level

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
When you duel where do you usually aim? Their head/chest level or more lower torso/leg level

It depends on my opponent and the position. If I'm far away I aim around head level cause it's most likely he'll initiate with an overhead.

I will often aim slightly left of the model at neck/chest level because alot of ppl use yellow left swings.

Also, if I notice my opponent likes to use yellow SA uppercuts, I will try to predict it and preaim there.

So where you aim depends on your knowledge of your opponent. When I'm playing strong yellow users I often have to be prepared for WA attacks up close mixed with uppercuts. Mid-tier players often use mostly uppercuts and side swings when they are close and don't mix in alot of WA attacks.

But anyway, default should be around neck/chest level depending on where you feel it's most useful ^_^ and often slightly to the left.

It depends on my opponent and the position. If I'm far away I aim around head level cause it's most likely he'll initiate with an overhead.

I will often aim slightly left of the model at neck/chest level because alot of ppl use yellow left swings.

Also, if I notice my opponent likes to use yellow SA uppercuts, I will try to predict it and preaim there.

So where you aim depends on your knowledge of your opponent. When I'm playing strong yellow users I often have to be prepared for WA attacks up close mixed with uppercuts. Mid-tier players often use mostly uppercuts and side swings when they are close and don't mix in alot of WA attacks.

But anyway, default should be around neck/chest level depending on where you feel it's most useful ^_^ and often slightly to the left.

Sev, can you add a screenshot with an edited picture that visually shows where these 7 points are? It would be useful for the original post.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Sure, and yes there are 7 zones in all. Ignore the cackling maniac.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Hahahahahah 7, hahah
1. Diagonal-up left
2. Diagonal-up right
3. Diagonal-down left
4. Diagonal-down right
5. Diagonal
6. Left
7. Right

There is no down, there is no straight.

Preston

Nerd
1. Diagonal-up left
2. Diagonal-up right
3. Diagonal-down left
4. Diagonal-down right
5. Diagonal
6. Left
7. Right

There is no down, there is no straight.
Ill just say a few are laughing with me heheh

Last edited:

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
I added this to the guide... I hope it is satisfactory. If anyone can do better feel free to post an img for me to use in the guide ^_^
sEjsfza.jpg

I added this to the guide... I hope it is satisfactory. If anyone can do better feel free to post an img for me to use in the guide ^_^
sEjsfza.jpg

Ah ok. This actually makes more sense. I didn't realize that were two zones near the shoulder. Thanks for this.

Preston

Nerd
If I can prove there isnt 7 pblock zones can the mb2 team re add some.. lost features ; (