Grenade Warning

So I genuinely feel that random nade spammage really kills off gameplay no matter what class you are, especially if haven't even noticed it being thrown.

Not really looking to curb dmg on whatever on them, but rather just an alert when there's a nearby nade? Like most FPS shooters do? Only makes sense considering we implimented a warning alert when you're being gripped.

I thought the noise and glow were our indicators. Anything more and it'll be redundant and, honestly, too easy. Nade kills are not that easy to pull off and they reap a great reward when they detonate in a nice crowd of enemies.

Calm down. Stop hyper-ventilating. Breathe.
Ok, now panic. You're about to read. For reals.

Here's a happy medium I suggested ages ago which was partially implemented as arrows on a radar:)
Limit identification to player presence. Not fully detailed picture of what skin, class and weapons the player is using.
Jedi could sense others. They didn't have x-ray vision that let them check out, oh, he's carrying a frag on his side, has a sniper rifle on his back and a thermal primed, is that a jetpack? Silly rabbit etc.

I get the impression you think I'm a jedi nerfer:) Hate to break it to you but I've advocated just as many buffs as nerfs to jedi as well as gunners.
I'm an equal opportunity nerfer. Nerf herder? :)

Don't label me!

All those wonderful threads gone. Thank Suxx.

I'm a fervent believer that some mystery is required to keep things spicy.

Level 1 - radar
Level 2 - Visual blobs
Level 3 - Visual blobs team colored/Health indicator.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As to grenade warnings. I mean, really? How many more *nerfs* do you want to give them:) Oh, didn't see that coming did you.

You should have! Or do you need an indicator for that too:)

Team Grenade Warning? Uh, still nope. Being tked/put at risk is part and parcel of the game.
Teammates throwing bad nades is just as much a joy in this game as being shot by them.

For the enemy anyway. I know I cheer the enemy's incompetence/mistakes/comedy gold.

Oh Lord. I just had a horrible thought. It's even worse because some of you might see it as a good one.
You know how your crosshair identifies enemies as red and teammates as green?
What if you couldnt shoot when your crosshair was green?

It'd certainly limit tking. But it would eliminate some player control. Do we need child locks on our triggers?
Do we really care that much for the well being of others?
But the barrage of lasers a Jedi takes as you desperately spray at the person he's trying to kill is a necessary evil for the good of the team

The workaround is that gunplay in mb isn't instant so you could shoot at where they'll be:) Not that you should tk on purpose. Wait, no, that's wrong. You should tk with purpose.

:rolleyes:

Starushka

Movie Battles II Team Retired
The player should constantly keep an eye at the environment, this is a part of mb2 experience we're in love. Don't ruin it.

However, as part of force sense, visually indicate grenades and maybe blaster projectile/rocket trajectory sounds neat.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I get the impression you think I'm a jedi nerfer
Yep. And I'm glad you said it, not me. Actually, I think there is a whole group of user, who try pretty hard to nerf jedi and sith abilities. Let's call them... hm... "Rebels". :)
Now Push 3 nerf thread is closed, and those "rebels" start new threads in hope to bring jedi down in some way.
Level 1 - radar
Level 2 - Visual blobs
Level 3 - Visual blobs team colored/Health indicator.
This is not very different from current sense, but it's still a nerf.
Gunners have full arsenal of big guns and explosives, is there really need to make some non-lethal skill weaker?
Oh Lord. I just had a horrible thought. It's even worse because some of you might see it as a good one.
You know how your crosshair identifies enemies as red and teammates as green?
What if you couldnt shoot when your crosshair was green?
Good idea!
No, actually this is a *great* idea!
I'm gonna beg developers on my knees to implement that as soon as possible.

... indeed I was joking. It's such a nonsense that I think I no need to explain why. :D
But anyway an indicator for friendly grenades wouldn't hurt.
What about authenticity? Jedi/sith have the force, the midichlorians, they can "feel" a grenade and that could be implemented as indicator, but gunners don't have such abilities.
If indicator is needed for every class, then it should be realized not explicitly, as bigger nades, louder sounds or better visible glow.
For force user only indicator could be icon or arrow on the screen.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
What about authenticity? Jedi/sith have the force, the midichlorians, they can "feel" a grenade and that could be implemented as indicator, but gunners don't have such abilities.
If indicator is needed for every class, then it should be realized not explicitly, as bigger nades, louder sounds or better visible glow.
For force user only indicator could be icon or arrow on the screen.
Honestly I feel it is completely not needed. The glows and beeps do very well. I was only saying if it somehow was a sure fire addition, making it friendly grenades only wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Basically the best "Sense" is just your own awareness. Ba dum, tsss.

Yep. And I'm glad you said it, not me. Actually, I think there is a whole group of user, who try pretty hard to nerf jedi and sith abilities. Let's call them... hm... "Rebels". :)

Just like their are a whole group of users against any change for fear of being forced to adapt their gameplay. Let' call them...Fearfuls:)

The fixation with the word nerf to dismiss any notions for change. Laughable.
Don't forget, one man's nerf is another man's buff:) Some even do both!

dun dun dun

Ahahahahahhaahhaahahhahaahahahahahahahahahaha.

Jedi could never be caught off guard? They could feel it coming?
Two words:

Order 66.

Jedi didn't have a spider sense:)
Or common sense for that matter.

In fact, all the jedi mostly just suck in the movies. Even Obi:)
Sith take it home with actual accomplishments and MVPs of the Galaxy.

32gYUG4.jpg

Last edited:
Reality is that this game would survive for much longer and even gain some popularity if the gunplay was made more for the competive side of things. Instead, no one takes this team mode too seriously anymore and just sees every match as an opportunity to make some dunkey highlight reel to upload to YouTube. I know I'm going to get some hate for this but the problem with SW Battlefront 3 definitely wasn't the gameplay, it sucked because of the lack of content that was included for the original game. So in this case, it wouldn't be bad at all to take and learn something from BF3's game mechanics

are you saying bf3 is suitable for competitive gameplay

MB2 doesn't currently have much of any competitive gameplay, but that's more due to the lack of competition than any inherent fault to the gunplay.

Battlefront

This isn't battlefront. It's on a completely different engine, and unlike the current games that give you a notification (Hitmarkers, grenade notifications, damage notifications, etc.) at every turn, you actually have to learn how to play. Grenade notifications are not necessary and would be a waste of time to add. Also, who is really playing this game as a hardcore competitive game? Clan matches are extremely rare considering the amount of clans that even exist. It's not going to get more competitive then when vets get online and trash talk each other in an open game.

Waayyyy more suitable than MB2. Jfc, every round lasts like a minute in this game and there's no real team balacing. Which just means that your KDA,if this game even has a KDA ratio(I wouldn't know since I don't check the leader board since its a mess), means absolutely nothing. Becoming more like Bf3 would definitely be a step in the right direction
when people say competitive they dont mean the random 24/7 servers lol

organized 5v5 or so is pretty great in mb2 and your concerns aren't applicable to it

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Just like their are a whole group of users against any change for fear of being forced to adapt their gameplay. Let' call them...Fearfuls
If those Rebels are so fearless, if they like being forced to adapt their gameplay so much, why they not suggest to nerf gunners instead of jedi? Would be much logical, don't you think?
The fixation with the word nerf to dismiss any notions for change. Laughable.
Laughable? Let me tell you what is laughable. Laughable is when hide your true colors in the shadow of some cute, neutral, political correct word... like "change", for example.
You know, Disney didn't wipe EU, it just "change" it. I don't know why all those people are so worried about that, they just need to adapt their attitude. :)
Or Ted Bundy. His didn't kill anybody, he only changed people. Stop fixation on all those guts and blood. Don't be laughable. ;)
Don't forget, one man's nerf is another man's buff:)
Sure, let's that one man will be a clone, and another one will be Palpatine.
Jedi could never be caught off guard? They could feel it coming?
Two words:

Order 66.

Jedi didn't have a spider sense:)
Or common sense for that matter.

In fact, all the jedi mostly just suck in the movies. Even Obi:)
Sith take it home with actual accomplishments and MVPs of the Galaxy.
I didn't say never, I just said they had better sense than ordinary people. I didn't separate sith from jedi in this matter.
Jedi can deflect blaster fire with a saber, who else could do it?
Order 66 was a big surprise, and jedi were outnumbered, so they weren't ready. Also Darth Sidious was behind that attack, he was the most powerful force user, so no wonder jedi couldn't see through it.
That doesn't mean jedi can't feel grenade better than somebody who hasn't the force.

If those Rebels are so fearless, if they like being forced to adapt their gameplay so much, why they not suggest to nerf gunners instead of jedi? Would be much logical, don't you think?
Because its already happened:) Doyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Laughable? Let me tell you what is laughable. Laughable is when hide your true colors in the shadow of some cute, neutral, political correct word... like "change", for example.
True colors? What exactly is my agenda? I lost to x and so this must x? Heh. Now that's funny and infantile.
I'm an advocate for change. For balance! For just...ifable kills!
My gameplay doesn't suffer much if it changes or not.
I'm damn near perfection and hardly ever need to adapt more than I already do. The do. Do. :)

You know, Disney didn't wipe EU, it just "change" it. I don't know why all those people are so worried about that, they just need to adapt their attitude. :)
Or Ted Bundy. His didn't kill anybody, he only changed people. Stop fixation on all those guts and blood. Don't be laughable. ;)

Leave the scene-tealing hyperbole to others:) We're not kidnapping a child and holding her for ransom. We're taking the candy away from her, laughing a little inside as we give her a healthy cracker. Or an avocado. :)
Having you tuck your shirt down because you're showing too much underboob isn't rape. So please, stop with your histrionics.

Sure, let's that one man will be a clone, and another one will be Palpatine.
How to beat clones with perfect aim blob. This will be a shocker.
Lightning 1,2 or 3 or push that blob back:) Actually takes skill and reflexes:)
Same thing as team spams. Wait for them to close the distance and then half half lit while the rest push.
But since the quality of 80 percent of al jedi/sith is shit they do disappoint:)
Maybe if they didn't learn to rely on crutches...like what was it called again? Push:)
Because at the end of the day, you still got to use that saber:)

I didn't say never, I just said they had better sense than ordinary people. I didn't separate sith from jedi in this matter.
Jedi can deflect blaster fire with a saber, who else could do it?
Order 66 was a big surprise, and jedi were outnumbered, so they weren't ready. Also Darth Sidious was behind that attack, he was the most powerful force user, so no wonder jedi couldn't see through it.
That doesn't mean jedi can't feel grenade better than somebody who hasn't the force.

Lulz:):):)

It really is a shame all my previous threads are gone. I guess I'll just suffer being labeled a jedi nerfer.
Despite years of advocating certain improvements.
Woe to me:rolleyes:

I am a Villainous Gunner.
Yeah, can we rename imp commanders back to villains:(

It really is ironic. When I call for restoring grip back to its golden age I get called a saber loving noob.
Do it for gunners, gun loving noob.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:
Movie Battles shouldn't be reduces to just "strafe and shoot".

That's what it is right now though... When everybody knows where everybody is, a fight is determined by who has the best aim and juke skills (Strafe and Shoot/Aim skills). If Sense wasn't a thing, people would actually have to be cautious and not advance recklessly, put some thought before they run head-straight into a room.

There are tactical shooters that revolve around this concept of not knowing where the enemy is, determining how to approach the unknown, and how a single misstep could be your doom, I think Moviebattles needs more of that, and it is a lot like that when you are a team of gunners with no Sith to guide your way (imps ftw).

Sense gives the need for situational awareness a big double Fuck You, a problem I haven't faced in any other shooter I've played, usually because they don't have implemented wall-hacks.

No, Jedi/Sith do not need something to differentiate themselves from the gunners, because they already do. They are the most desired and unique class in the game and there's always a higher Jedi/Sith to Gunner ratio for a reason, and that reason is not solely because they can wall-hack, but because of all the other cool shit they can pull off with the force and their glowsticks.

Imagine how many cool ambushes you could pull off as a Jedi/Sith if there wasn't someone with wallhacks on the other team to ruin your ambush before they even got close to you? No need to run across a long hallway while taking fire in broad-daylight anymore, you can just wait till the enemy comes to you because they won't be certain of where you are. The opposing players may be aware of their own surroundings however and may be more cautious, but there are those who aren't, and even then, depending on how you hide, they have to get close to spot you first.

All that said...
I don't see Sense ever being removed, it's downright unrealistic to expect at this point so I am not even going to bother suggesting that, it's been around for too long, but at least I've voiced my opinion of it.

It really is ironic. When I call for restoring grip back to its golden age I get called a saber loving noob.
Do it for gunners, gun loving noob.

The internet operates by this logic:

Last edited: