Grenade Warning

So I genuinely feel that random nade spammage really kills off gameplay no matter what class you are, especially if haven't even noticed it being thrown.

Not really looking to curb dmg on whatever on them, but rather just an alert when there's a nearby nade? Like most FPS shooters do? Only makes sense considering we implimented a warning alert when you're being gripped.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Because its already happened:) Doyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
I dunno what's happened, saberists don't look overpowered for now. That's all I care about.
The only gunner class which looks underpowered is droid, but this is not related to jedi, since all classes are stronger than droids.
True colors? What exactly is my agenda? I lost to x and so this must x? Heh. Now that's funny and infantile.
I'm an advocate for change. For balance! For just...ifable kills!
You already said that I think you're a jedi nerfer, I only confirmed that. :p
Leave the scene-tealing hyperbole to others:) We're not kidnapping a child and holding her for ransom. We're taking the candy away from her, laughing a little inside as we give her a healthy cracker. Or an avocado. :)
Having you tuck your shirt down because you're showing too much underboob isn't rape. So please, stop with your histrionics.
You can play with the words as you like, but fact is fact: this is yet another idea to nerf sith, and I can't a lot of suggestions to nerf gunners.
If all those would be implemented, sabersits would be stripped naked. Who's gonna play jedi without a push and sense?
How to beat clones with perfect aim blob. This will be a shocker.
Lightning 1,2 or 3 or push that blob back:) Actually takes skill and reflexes:)
Same thing as team spams. Wait for them to close the distance and then half half lit while the rest push.
It's all not working, it's impossible to reach clones to the distance of push or lightning when they spam blobs and shots.
When everybody knows where everybody is
Not everybody. Only a saberist who spend points for a sense knows. This is a non-lethal ability that keeps saberists balanced.
There are tactical shooters that revolve around this concept of not knowing where the enemy is, determining how to approach the unknown, and how a single misstep could be your doom, I think Moviebattles needs more of that, and it is a lot like that when you are a team of gunners with no Sith to guide your way (imps ftw).

Sense gives the need for situational awareness a big double Fuck You, a problem I haven't faced in any other shooter I've played, usually because they don't have implemented wall-hacks.
And that's what I mean, we no need mb2 become to yet another shooter where everything is about gunners.
Movie Battles is unique, and it should stay unique, removing features related to jedi will nerf jedi and make mb2 less unique.
there's always a higher Jedi/Sith to Gunner ratio
What?
Imagine how many cool ambushes you could pull off as a Jedi/Sith if there wasn't someone with wallhacks on the other team to ruin your ambush before they even got close to you? No need to run across a long hallway while taking fire in broad-daylight anymore, you can just wait till the enemy comes to you because they won't be certain of where you are. The opposing players may be aware of their own surroundings however and may be more cautious, but there are those who aren't, and even then, depending on how you hide, they have to get close to spot you first.
It would be just a huge nerf to jedi/sith. Good gunners already check every corner for hidden enemies, but knowing that you can't be seen by a sith would give opportunity to the gunners to ambush. Jedi can't kill people on distance, while gunners can, so gunners could get much more profit from hiding.
And why do we need make a camping easier?

Also sense mostly used not to detect ambush, but to discover how many enemies are behind the door and make a right decision about storming a room.

And that's what I mean, we no need mb2 become to yet another shooter where everything is about gunners.
Movie Battles is unique, and it should stay unique, removing features related to jedi will nerf jedi and make mb2 less unique.

It would be just a huge nerf to jedi/sith. Good gunners already check every corner for hidden enemies, but knowing that you can't be seen by a sith would give opportunity to the gunners to ambush. Jedi can't kill people on distance, while gunners can, so gunners could get much more profit from hiding.
And why do we need make a camping easier?

Also sense mostly used not to detect ambush, but to discover how many enemies are behind the door and make a right decision about storming a room.
Do you have some form of delusion where you think that if any changes happen to Jedi, MBII will no longer be unique? That's quite the fallacy, because Jedi/Sith is not going anywhere.

Yes, MBII is already mostly made up of Gunners, but that doesn't mean Jedi is going anywhere. The core gameplay of MBII stays the same whether or not Sense is in play, for most people nothing will change, except now there's no guiding lamppost to warn you about the enemies defensive setup in the next room, which you shouldn't know anyway as it makes tactics irrelevant from the defenders point of view when you know how to react before they even get a shot off you.

Everybody has Sense, there's a reason everybody picks sense, nobody ever goes without sense if they want to be a huge boon to the team and themselves. It's too goddamn powerful it's almost become mandatory in a Jedi/Sith build overshadowing everything else, except Push. As you said yourself, going without Sense is a huge nerf to Jedi, and that's because they've become so reliant on it. I think you can play Jedi just fine without it though.

Jedi don't need to kill at a distance, because they have all the tools they need to close the distance. They can't be killed at a distance if they know where an opponent is shooting from, because they can deflect bolts, even if you do hit them, they won't die. Unlike other classes, if you get seen at a distance, you can be killed at a distance, that's why you dive for cover. Jedi have all the means they need to close the distance on an opponent, whether it be waiting for enemies to come to you or simply bum-rush opponents with skillful dodges. Jedi also have the most tactical advantage in the game, with various force-powers. The only range a Jedi is actually really vulnerable to a single gunner is close-range, where they need to be anyway to kill something.

You speak of Jedi/Sith as these hapless fools with no hope of winning, when everything in the game (except newbies who don't know what they're doing yet) points to the opposite, a good Jedi can carry a team. Not saying other classes can't do this, but Jedi play a larger supportive role while potentially being highly offensive far more than any other class in the game.

Even if they lost sense(won't happen btw), they would still be a force to be reckoned with.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
This thread changed from grenade warning indicators to a wallhax thread... Talk about derailment.... Side note, Sense is not even "required" if the player has any sense of situational awareness. Same applies to a grenade indicator.
Step 1: Look Around
Step 2: Listen
Step 3: ?????
Step 4: Profit

Personally i don't think an indicator would be too good, grenades are already hard enough to hit and lots of classes only have a limited amount of them, it would just make things harder for the thrower and make grenades less of a threat when its already not a threat to good players

Where we're going, we don't need no rails.

A98Czfd.jpg

The only time grenades are ever a real threat is when your *support* fails to push them or succeeds in pushing them.

They watch it and wave bye bye while we all die. Or, let's see how far we can stick this up our teammates asses.

:):):)

Where we're going, we don't need no rails.

A98Czfd.jpg

The only time grenades are ever a real threat is when your *support* fails to push them or succeeds in pushing them.

They watch it and wave bye bye while we all die. Or, let's see how far we can stick this up our teammates asses.

:):):)

Or I throw a boomerang grenade.

I think that might work if they would be visible in sense and had a small explosion radius(enough for a jedi to jump over it), anything else and it would be too overpowered

I think that might work if they would be visible in sense and had a small explosion radius(enough for a jedi to jump over it), anything else and it would be too overpowered

I have a hard time seeing how they could not be op considering, by design, they remote detonate and essentially do more dmg than our current frags. Put one in a doorway, small hallway, or even a spawn point and...RIP.

Cool in theory, but it would make camping alot more, soow down gameplay, and be op inless it was horrible damage
The game-play is already slowed down on attack and defend maps, the C4 can be used to trap entry points.
You could give it the same damage and radius as a concussion grenade, it just cant be moved after thrown or be pushed.
Just bullshit the name (C3) and have it operate like C4 but not enough power to take down a building.

It would be perfect for doors, tight hallways, and 90 degree corners.

The game-play is already slowed down on attack and defend maps, the C4 can be used to trap entry points.
You could give it the same damage and radius as a concussion grenade, it just cant be moved after thrown or be pushed.
Just bullshit the name (C3) and have it operate like C4 but not enough power to take down a building.

It would be perfect for doors, tight hallways, and 90 degree corners.
How would you counter that though? If you know there's a C4, nobody will be able to use that choke-point because nobody is going to be willing to throw themselves ontop of an explosive for their team. So with a single C4 you have effectively blocked a path for the opposing team.

How would you counter that though? If you know there's a C4, nobody will be able to use that choke-point because nobody is going to be willing to throw themselves ontop of an explosive for their team. So with a single C4 you have effectively blocked a path for the opposing team.
Throw a grenade at it, shoot it, or go around.
This mod doesn't suffer from bad map designs where there is only one route for every map.
About all of the maps have additional pathways.

Maybe with a mechanic like this, players wont flock to one class and explore thier options.

Preston

Nerd
Throw a grenade at it, or go around.
This mod doesn't suffer from bad map designs where there is only one route for every map.
About all of the maps have additional pathways.

Maybe with a mechanic like this, players wont flock to one class and explore thier options.
You cant throw a nade on it if its right behind a door. Honestly as cool as c4 sounds, it would just be too unfair. I use to want mines in mb2 too, but it iust wouldnt work

You cant throw a nade on it if its right behind a door. Honestly as cool as c4 sounds, it would just be too unfair. I use to want mines in mb2 too, but it iust wouldnt work
Yes you can, you open the door and throw the grenade.
Last I checked concussion grenades cant hit people through walls and the door designs in this game are giant bulky things that open by them selves when one player is within a inch of it. We don't have counter strike doors where you have to press E and only one person at a time can go through.

And there are mines in this game, the ET sonic grenade has a right click option that turns it into a proximity mine.

Yes you can, you open the door and throw the grenade.
Last I checked concussion grenades cant hit people through walls and the door designs in this game are giant bulky things that open by them selves when one player is within a inch of it. We don't have counter strike doors where you have to press E and only one person at a time can go through.

And there are mines in this game, the ET sonic grenade has a right click option that turns it into a proximity mine.

That's another problem though, if there's a C4 right behind the door someone is forced to open it, but they cannot go through it and find cover in order to retaliate to any defenses on the other side, they are stuck in the choke-point doorway until the C4 is dealt with, which you may not even know is there. Being stuck in a door choke-point is the last thing you want, you need to rush through the choke-point to lessen the damage you take, if you idle in it, you're fucked.

The sonic grenade can be excused, as it's not a proximity mine, it's just an idle grenade that needs to be shot in order to detonate. Every time I tried to use it as a proximity mine, it never worked, I had to manually target it and shoot it myself to detonate it as it would never go off on it's own.