Fixing wookiee

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I've been playing wookiee for a couple times now and I can't help but notice couple things that should definitely be fixd:

1. Wookiee getting collide knockd down with strength lvl 2: I got knockd down today by having a gunner pushed into me. Usually a push does nothing but move me but collide makes me fall down. I think this definitely shouldnt be here.

2. Nades eating 400 hp: Thats right, when using strength 2 and nade hits you at the right time, you can lose 400 hp. First explosive dmg and then the flight into a wall, this collision for some reason happens quite often as a wook but not as other gunners.

Referring to 1 and 2, I think collision effect should be removed from wookiee, at least from strength lvl 2.

3. Ammo levels: Ammo lvl 3 is useless, no1 will pay that many points for it. Right now lvl 1 ammo gives 300 and lvl 2 450 for the caster. I would change it that wookiee only has 2 different levels for ammonation, giving lvl 1 350 and lvl 2 500.

I am sure there could be other tweaks needed for this class, but in my opinion these 3 are unquestionably in need for fix.

Preston

Nerd
The only thing I want to see is a lowered projectile speed on the bowcaster (except for charged shots). Makes no sense why this rapid-firing weapon should have a shorter time to hit it's mark compared to other weapons with rapid-fire capability. The winguns don't have that kind of projectile speed, and they have about the same fire-rate (if you don't count burst-fire).
Wookie doesnt need a nerf in that department

to be honest i think we should add even more clunky gameplay and bugs to wook, so that people do not play this dangerous class

Preston

Nerd
The thing about wookie to me is, its just not like a lasting class. Idk if that makes much sense, but lemme try to explain somewhat. To me atleast, it seems that when a server is over 20 players, its just hard for a wook to survive the entire round. Now by contrast atleast for me, every other class besides maybe sbd and deka can last the entire round if the players good enough.

I probably didnt explain this really well, but whatever.

Preston

Nerd
Wookiees are more immediate threats, so they get focused.
Yea thats part of it for sure. But I think another reason is that they just take so much damage because they don't have armor. I guess this is a balance issue, idk. Tho it may be interesting to test

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
rage is a problem. it has no place in the game in its current state - it's arguably the least skillful build of any class while still being highly effective, in some situations it's hands down the best (breaking crowded chokepoints like the one on lunarbase in main, on smuggler and alderaan in general). the damage reduction should be taken away entirely, punch damage reduced. builds like rage should be in the game as a fun option, but that should inherently make them less effective than 'real' ones.

besides rage, wookiees are a unique, fun, 100% balanced class

This isn't CSGO. Fun builds are a part of the game. A melee wook should have a niche, a Force Whore should be able to be somewhat effective if the player is skilled. I'm against having a 'meta' setup as it just turns the game into another FPS clone (which, I'm sure, you and others would advocate religiously)

Removing dmg reduction/lowering punch damage is just a stupid suggestion. Would render the class crap.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
are you sure about that? which sources are the various sources? i tested a few of the standard guns against everyones armor and no one took reduced damage

is it clone rifle/bowcaster? the only one i could see actually being reduced is proj

I am sure, I looked at code before I wrote that. Projectile rifle is more noticeable because there is a cap on the amount of damage you can do to armor with proj.

I am sure, I looked at code before I wrote that. Projectile rifle is more noticeable because there is a cap on the amount of damage you can do to armor with proj.
yes i did some baby testing, but i think its actually pretty obtuse

afaik all classes armor is the exact same value, and the damage reduction is not there on feet

torso shots did a baby amount more and headshots are reduced by ?? its a little confusing but not that bad

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
The only real problem in my opinion is lack of variety in builds. I never noticed anything with Strength 1 or 2 because I always get Strength 3. It feels like a necessity. Getting caster or melee, I have Str 3. Maybe there should be more incentive or reason to get the lower levels. They don't really do much.

And their lack of armor hurts too. I can't believe nobody ever noticed how armor points absorb damage much better than health. Getting stuck in line of fire as a Wookiee is bad.

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Shield absorbs 20% more of energy-based damage. So, class with 100 shield is like having additional 120 HP (but not against physical or explosive - not completely sure about explosive, but I *think* it absorbs 1:1) against blaster fire. Thus, at max shield mando and arc are like 220HP wook, but faster and smaller.

Then you have to take the passive damage reduction away from jedi as well, because it is there for the same reasons and more. If you take away the passive damage reduction you also have to give them full movement control.

The problem with rage was never in the damage reduction, nor was it ever in punch damage.

there's a difference between a fun build which shouldnt be a viable option as the concept of it implies that it takes 0 skill to play at max capacity and a class that is a staple in the game

although some of the issues itt are present in both rage and jedi/sith they should be treated differently :)

The only real problem in my opinion is lack of variety in builds. I never noticed anything with Strength 1 or 2 because I always get Strength 3. It feels like a necessity. Getting caster or melee, I have Str 3. Maybe there should be more incentive or reason to get the lower levels. They don't really do much.

And their lack of armor hurts too. I can't believe nobody ever noticed how armor points absorb damage much better than health. Getting stuck in line of fire as a Wookiee is bad.

rage + bowcaster, full rage no bowcaster, bowcaster 2, bowcaster 3 with str2, bowcaster 3 with hp2

5 total, all nearly equally viable

that's more than many other classes