Fixing wookiee

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I've been playing wookiee for a couple times now and I can't help but notice couple things that should definitely be fixd:

1. Wookiee getting collide knockd down with strength lvl 2: I got knockd down today by having a gunner pushed into me. Usually a push does nothing but move me but collide makes me fall down. I think this definitely shouldnt be here.

2. Nades eating 400 hp: Thats right, when using strength 2 and nade hits you at the right time, you can lose 400 hp. First explosive dmg and then the flight into a wall, this collision for some reason happens quite often as a wook but not as other gunners.

Referring to 1 and 2, I think collision effect should be removed from wookiee, at least from strength lvl 2.

3. Ammo levels: Ammo lvl 3 is useless, no1 will pay that many points for it. Right now lvl 1 ammo gives 300 and lvl 2 450 for the caster. I would change it that wookiee only has 2 different levels for ammonation, giving lvl 1 350 and lvl 2 500.

I am sure there could be other tweaks needed for this class, but in my opinion these 3 are unquestionably in need for fix.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Wookiee - both melee and bowcaster - is probably one of several classes that need no buffs (in any shape or form) whatsoever, and is grossly overpowered in the right hands.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Wookiee - both melee and bowcaster - is probably one of several classes that need no buffs (in any shape or form) whatsoever, and is grossly overpowered in the right hands.
So unfair ways to die as wook should not be fixd?

And any1 who dares to say wook is op is welcome to try it themselves, especially bowcaster

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
I'd like to see a wook overhaul. Wook and SBD are the two classes that currently need it most IMO. I feel like wook doesn't have a lot of choices in terms of playstyle. You can take a full bowcaster 3 build, bowcaster 2 with fury sacrificing either health or str 3, or pure fury melee. I never take ammo 3 either, and I don't think I've seen anyone use frags as wook since fury was introduced.

I feel like strength could be separated into 3 separate abilities: melee damage, speed/mobility, and knockdown/force resistance. And at least the highest speed/mobility level should definitely give higher run speed with weapons out. Playing a mainly bowcaster wook is very difficult against anything that isn't a sith because you're already a huge target and nearly as slow as a soldier.

doing wook builds is one of the most boring things in mb2

a lot of other classes have fun things they can do, tradeoffs like grabbing dlt 1 as a BH or a280 2 as et w/ a frag

wook has the most set in stone boring but super effective builds

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
So unfair ways to die as wook should not be fixd?

And any1 who dares to say wook is op is welcome to try it themselves, especially bowcaster

No, but other classes should have priority with changes/fixes.
Wookiee with bowcaster is stupidly powerful if well played. Melee wook in close quarters is probably THE most effective class in the game for disposing of soldiers/ets.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
No, but other classes should have priority with changes/fixes.
Wookiee with bowcaster is stupidly powerful if well played. Melee wook in close quarters is probably THE most effective class in the game for disposing of soldiers/ets.
These are rather small changes, and yes caster is good when the player is very good, which should be obvious. Still try to go against red sith who has 100 hp, he can basically rush you and make 1 swing without swingblock. There is a very low chance you are able to kill him with bowcaster due to the huge dmg reduction. There is no skill needed from the sith whatsoever. Crouch basically nullifies melee knockdown. If youre using caster 3, you can have 300 hp with strength 3 which gives you a more fair chance to fight, but I'd found 400 hp be more useful in general, which means I go with strength 2. Wookiee is very slow with strength 3, which makes it quite easy target for chain attacks and just rushing + sabering. Melee is almost useless in that kind of situation due to strength 2. The best build to counter the arc nemesis sith is caster 2 and fury lvl 2 so you can have that super knock down move, but that eats a lot of points from everything else that you could use as a wookiee.

I think every1 agrees crusader is pretty good wookiee with caster 3, I went sith red just for him and suddenly he was an easy target.

I think wookie is fine, but I don't think the game will break if there skills were a little cheaper, by like 2 points.
The quality build I use which is basically the default one but level 2 health into fury.

Could always dive into the wookie arsenal if the class is too bland.
Wookiee weapons
The long rifle looks cool, you could nerf the accuracy on the bow-caster and make it a good mid range weapon. And the long rifle a slower firing accurate weapon, basically a semi auto rifle like a gewhr 43 or a m1 grand. I think the slug thrower is a shotgun but that would be op on a wookie. Then there is the guided rocket, would be fun but also op.

Here is an idea and it very well could be stupid. Add fury 3, and have it cause knock downs regardless of crouching.
Here is a lesser dumb idea, give them pistol 3 and instead of a charged shot. They pistol whip.
I always wanted the wookies to have melee attacks with their weapons, the fact you have to switch to your fists to melee makes you very predictable. If fury 2 could work while holding the bowcaster and do a weapon bash with the charge animation. That would be hype, and being able to activate rage mode while holding weapons can help make it less predictable as well. (it switches to fists automatically)

Last edited:

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
These are rather small changes, and yes caster is good when the player is very good, which should be obvious. Still try to go against red sith who has 100 hp, he can basically rush you and make 1 swing without swingblock. There is a very low chance you are able to kill him with bowcaster due to the huge dmg reduction. There is no skill needed from the sith whatsoever. Crouch basically nullifies melee knockdown. If youre using caster 3, you can have 300 hp with strength 3 which gives you a more fair chance to fight, but I'd found 400 hp be more useful in general, which means I go with strength 2. Wookiee is very slow with strength 3, which makes it quite easy target for chain attacks and just rushing + sabering. Melee is almost useless in that kind of situation due to strength 2. The best build to counter the arc nemesis sith is caster 2 and fury lvl 2 so you can have that super knock down move, but that eats a lot of points from everything else that you could use as a wookiee.

I think every1 agrees crusader is pretty good wookiee with caster 3, I went sith red just for him and suddenly he was an easy target.

But that's the whole idea of red: it's supposed to be the anti-wook/SBD style. If you really want to challenge a red user, then you would go melee wook with 1 nade. Bowcaster is made to plow through easy/low hp targets, and sith with any style other than red/purple.

To be fair I'd like Wookiees to be more agile as an option. You can either go Strength or Agility. Higher jumps, maybe faster movement speed with guns out. I still feel like it would need some force resistance though since that's one of a Wookiee's specialities and with ARC losing some of it's force resistance Imperials are 2-1 up on force resistance classes.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
But that's the whole idea of red: it's supposed to be the anti-wook/SBD style. If you really want to challenge a red user, then you would go melee wook with 1 nade. Bowcaster is made to plow through easy/low hp targets, and sith with any style other than red/purple.
Problem is red/purple basically counter any wookiee. I always killd them easily even with purple + jump 1

Besides wook is already a big target for blaster fire. Sudden surprise fire by sold can eat enuff hp to take away the tankin ability of wook and poof, the wook is useless. Even if sold dies it still has 2 lives.

Preston

Nerd
I agree with lots of the proposed stuffs in this thread.
Also people who say wookie is op dont play it enough/fight it enough

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Wookiee is op if played well lol. Sometimes I just troll as a melee wook and get the highest KD in narrow maps, due to how powerful it is.
Some classes SHOULD have hard counters, in my opinion. A deka can rek everything except an EMP ARC, etc. Can't balance everything around 1v1.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Hard counters are shit design and you know it.

Is that why arcs are given emps/rockets with emps/emp launcher to deal with dekas and SBDs specifically? Or why SBDs have cortosis to deal with any Jedi not using red? Some hard counters are a good thing.

Preston

Nerd
Wookiee is op if played well lol. Sometimes I just troll as a melee wook and get the highest KD in narrow maps, due to how powerful it is.
Some classes SHOULD have hard counters, in my opinion. A deka can rek everything except an EMP ARC, etc. Can't balance everything around 1v1.
every class is op if played well lol.

Wookiee is surprisingly squishy in general compared to its alleged SBD and deka 'tank' counterparts. I don't think wookiee is tanky at all if I'm honest, it's very easy to chain head shots on them for significant damage whereas your SBD doesn't actually have a head and the deka has about 1k shields you have to burn through. It's a bit gay that with red you can waltz right towards the wookiee and claim a frag. If you play with cast3, you almost always will have to switch to cast2, str3 in order to kite the red user. That said, I think the problem really lies in the fact the the heavy-hitting stances are given the best defensive perks of damage reduction and fp damage reduction which sort of overrides the innate one-up that the wookiee originally had over Sith (force immunity) before the perk system. This is all of course coupled with a lack of consistent knock-back and the RNG ability of Jedi/Sith to revert a few patches back and have Q3 for a brief moment. I don't agree at all with that design principle, but that's not what you want to be discussing here.

Some quality of life changes mentioned in the original post would be nice. I'd even go as far as to say that wookiee should be given force immunity, knock-back reduction and movement speed as baseline, and the rest of its points rebalanced around that thereafter, inflating them by a lot if needs be. Some classes lose a lot of their power when you play on open 32 slot servers wherein reinforcement type classes take precedence over one-lifers. Buffs to make wookiee more tanky in a 32 server will undoubtedly mean a lot more in a 12 slot server. For that reason alone I would caution on making only small changes at first.

Is that why arcs are given emps/rockets with emps/emp launcher to deal with dekas and SBDs specifically? Or why SBDs have cortosis to deal with any Jedi not using red? Some hard counters are a good thing.

I don't like those hard counters either. The classes and their abilities should be balanced so that hard counter is not necessary.

rage is a problem. it has no place in the game in its current state - it's arguably the least skillful build of any class while still being highly effective, in some situations it's hands down the best (breaking crowded chokepoints like the one on lunarbase in main, on smuggler and alderaan in general). the damage reduction should be taken away entirely, punch damage reduced. builds like rage should be in the game as a fun option, but that should inherently make them less effective than 'real' ones.

besides rage, wookiees are a unique, fun, 100% balanced class