Fixing wookiee

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I've been playing wookiee for a couple times now and I can't help but notice couple things that should definitely be fixd:

1. Wookiee getting collide knockd down with strength lvl 2: I got knockd down today by having a gunner pushed into me. Usually a push does nothing but move me but collide makes me fall down. I think this definitely shouldnt be here.

2. Nades eating 400 hp: Thats right, when using strength 2 and nade hits you at the right time, you can lose 400 hp. First explosive dmg and then the flight into a wall, this collision for some reason happens quite often as a wook but not as other gunners.

Referring to 1 and 2, I think collision effect should be removed from wookiee, at least from strength lvl 2.

3. Ammo levels: Ammo lvl 3 is useless, no1 will pay that many points for it. Right now lvl 1 ammo gives 300 and lvl 2 450 for the caster. I would change it that wookiee only has 2 different levels for ammonation, giving lvl 1 350 and lvl 2 500.

I am sure there could be other tweaks needed for this class, but in my opinion these 3 are unquestionably in need for fix.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
It is more EHP, not more HP. Armor reduces dmg taken by various sources by 50%
Shield absorbs 20% more of energy-based damage. So, class with 100 shield is like having additional 120 HP (but not against physical or explosive - not completely sure about explosive, but I *think* it absorbs 1:1) against blaster fire. Thus, at max shield mando and arc are like 220HP wook, but faster and smaller.

Really? Last time I asked about how armor worked (don't remember which dev), I recall being told it was basically 1:1 HP against all sources, only being ignored by melee. It was during a discussion that led to armor getting a 1.2:1 buff against saber damage a few patches ago (mainly to protect soldiers/ETs from getting 1hit by blue/cyan).

Would be nice to see a complete write-up on how armor works, what dmg it reduces by how much, why some HP dmg occurs through armor, etc.

rage + bowcaster, full rage no bowcaster, bowcaster 2, bowcaster 3 with str2, bowcaster 3 with hp2

5 total, all nearly equally viable

that's more than many other classes

Half of those are hardly even builds, it's just trading in defense for offense or the other way around. The only difference in utility wookiees have are between rage, strength 3 and grenades. Nobody even uses grenades.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Really? Last time I asked about how armor worked (don't remember which dev), I recall being told it was basically 1:1 HP against all sources, only being ignored by melee.

From Code:
#define ARMOR_PROTECTION 0.50 // Shields only stop 50% of armor-piercing dmg
#define ARMOR_REDUCTION_FACTOR 0.50 // Certain damage doesn't take off armor as efficiently

Additional States:
No Armor = 0% Reduction
Lightsaber vs Armor (but NOT droideka) = 20% Reduction. Otherwise 0% reduction.
Armor vs Sniper = 50% Reduction.
If armor >= damage, then locational hit modifiers above 1 get reduced to 1.

Other stuff, I'm honestly not sure about. This area is a bit of a mess and someone should really clean it up.

Last edited:
Bowcaster muzzle velocity is 4800. Most regular weapons (pistol, e-11) are 5500.
Okay I retract my statement.
I wen't by what the Library said, claiming that Bowcaster had increased muzzle velocity, apparently that is not the case and somehow made the bowcaster bolts travel faster in my eyes. Confirmed, my eyes are fucked.

While we're at it, does somebody keep a spreadsheet or something of all the weapon-stats? I'd be really interested in making one if that's not the case.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
im fairly sure bowcasters speed is between e11 and a280
Fairly sure of this as well. If I recall reading the Bowcaster code properly when I was doing the initial codework for the shot velocity changes, the shot velocity increases depending on the level of the Bowcaster.

The primary fire mode gets insanely good as the levels rack up since almost everything improves per level (shot velocity, rate of fire and accuracy while running)

mb2 devs take the lead in the gaming world in 2016 by releasing a spreadsheet of hidden values like rof, velocity, damage, fp damage etc !!

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Fairly sure of this as well. If I recall reading the Bowcaster code properly when I was doing the initial codework for the shot velocity changes, the shot velocity increases depending on the level of the Bowcaster.

Could be, I have hard time believing that caster 3 is slower than e11 from what I've seen.

What I just found out is that you also get pushed back by shots as a strength 2 wook, which imo should be removed. Right now an SBD had easy time killing me and I could do nothing, because with it's rate of fire (firepower 2 only!) and me being so slow, he had easy time hitting me and pushing me back. Not much of a fun.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
What I just found out is that you also get pushed back by shots as a strength 2 wook, which imo should be removed. Right now an SBD had easy time killing me and I could do nothing, because with it's rate of fire (firepower 2 only!) and me being so slow, he had easy time hitting me and pushing me back. Not much of a fun.
I don't think it is wise to get strength 2 if youre not using caster 3. It doesn't matter if the sbd pushes you back when you can shoot it (caster 3 does wonders against sbd, it is easy to hit rapidly). You're basically useless with melee when strength 2. Sometimes I even enjoy strength 2 knockback by blasters since it actually sometimes saves me from siths lol.

I forget. Is it strength 2 or 3 that lets you survive thermals by skimming at the edge of the blast radius?

Wooks can survive thermals like that. They just get knocked up and away as if a rancor gave them the backhand.

I think it might be 2 since you can be pushed back...? And thats what looks like what happens with thermals when u survive them as wooks.
I've only had it happen 11 times or so and can't remember what build I was using other than bowcaster and at least str 2....

So when can I dismember people and use their limbs as weapons?
Or my roar inducing a fear state and nobody can use their weapons for 3 seconds?
Or
Or even better
When can I wookie hug people?

Kind of.

Bug/feature that you could hold a hug animation with nearly any class. Lot of people would go around hugging:) And then you could run into someone and grapple them near instantly.
So yeah, as wook with strength 3, it'd do exactly that to most classes.

Could just tweaks the animation from grapple to /amkiss from base. Ahahahahhahahhahahahah