Additional saber colors for Jedi and Sith: white, black, other...

How likely is it for sith characters to get additional saber colors? I'm not asking like the iconic blue or green of the jedi, but maybe at least purple.

There is a class that hasn't been released that is based off imperial knights that has a white saber.
Ain't this an old story tho? AFAIK there was also a spy class (reb), mercenary class (reb), dark trooper class and enforcer class (e.g. Emperor's royal guard, magna guards, etc.). This was back in... uh B19 or RC versions and ended up scrapped?

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
White lightsabers don't distinctively fit either side, is another problem. Sure, there are all of those different RGB combinations for lightsabers, but they are at least derived from the classic colors of the movies.

ent

Movie Battles II Team
FYI you can set any colour in demos if it matters for videos.

@Supa I would lean towards saying white is a Jedi colour at the moment since Ahsoka now wields white sabers in Rebels.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Ehhh, Ahsoka isn't a Jedi in Rebels, though.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
I suppose, but you wouldn't call her a Sith or Dark Jedi, would you?
Nah, Jedi that are not Sith, but are not part of the order are usually considered gray, regardless of where they stand.

Cat Lady

Ekhm, at the point, there is NO order, so Obi-Wan (and later luke) is not a Jedi, too? Being Jedi isn't anything formal, really. The corruption of "jedi order" started with trying to do that, and control force sensitives across the galaxy, which ultimately lead to destruction of said order.

At the same time, I agree that white sabers aren't good fit for Open. They would be cool for some Full Authentic, though, probably.

Ekhm, at the point, there is NO order, so Obi-Wan (and later luke) is not a Jedi, too? Being Jedi isn't anything formal, really. The corruption of "jedi order" started with trying to do that, and control force sensitives across the galaxy, which ultimately lead to destruction of said order.

At the same time, I agree that white sabers aren't good fit for Open. They would be cool for some Full Authentic, though, probably.

Why do you say they wouldn't be a good fit for open?

@Supa I would consider Grey Jedi good though, they just don't follow the Jedi code. I see it as Jedi is to Sith, like Grey Jedi is to Dark Jedi.

Cat Lady

Why do you say they wouldn't be a good fit for open?

Blending with many environments (kamino, anyone?), hard to define if jedi'y or sith'y... Something using rare crystals from old ages, that our run-of-the-mill open mode jedis (that aren't Masters found in some Full Authentic, or beings from old times) should carry.

Yet, we have kylo ren saber hilt now, which is equally unfitting for open mode run-of-the-mill jedis :/

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
I don't see any reason to not have white for jedi and black for sith. Both colors are already used in the new canon, and only lightsiders have used white and only darksiders have used black.