Additional saber colors for Jedi and Sith: white, black, other...

How likely is it for sith characters to get additional saber colors? I'm not asking like the iconic blue or green of the jedi, but maybe at least purple.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
What we have now is how it will be. If other colors are added to Sith it will hinder IFF. We want both sides to easily be identifiable by what color blade they are wielding. Jedi have always had a fairly wide range of colors, while Sith typically use red with only a few exceptions to that rule.

Here is an idea. I think its dumb and will most likely be ignored but why not ect.
You could implement black core sabers.

bpughh.png

Just restrict hue and saturation heights to teams.
The sith could have nothing but dark colors while jedi's are naturally bright.

dark_colors_webstore.jpg

Last edited:

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Black core sabers aren't in the movies ;) (Darksaber in clone wars doesn't count)

Though seriously, the current shader is blended additively, which means anything black will turn invisible.

What about adding tint for some greater shade variation?
Right now its basically red and reddish orange. I need some dark red in my life again. It's like lipstick on a lightsaber.

Like MaceMadunusus said, adding all these shades and colors might make it hard to discern which side a force user is on. Let's keep it nice and simple. No Love-Me-Hawt-Pinks or Take-Me-To-Bed-So-We-Can-Have-A-Good-Night-Together purples. All the specific shades get confusing very quickly.

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
I'm still against the dark-light thing... I don't even find it aesthetic, sorry.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Only colors I'd see added would be a clear dark purple color along with maybe a brighter more evil looking red or smth? Slightly more pronounced RGB varieties when u hit the slider. Right now it's hard to notice the orange/purple tints.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Last thing we need is sith running around with what would be considered jedi lightsaber colors.

Let's not forget that other important aspect besides color. The saber shape itself.

You have the Kylo Ren hilt that also alters the blade look. I wouldnt mind seeing more of that. The lightsabers do have differences in shape between movies and games. It'd be cool if we added more of that in.

Black core sabers aren't in the movies ;) (Darksaber in clone wars doesn't count)

Though seriously, the current shader is blended additively, which means anything black will turn invisible.
Neither are the multitude of skins in the game, but we understand these things are done for flavor.

I merely suggested purple as a neutral color only because characters like Revan are canonically(lol) known to use one.

Speaking of neutral colors, i'd kinda like to see white. Recently other player's saber colors were bugging out and giving them white sabers(no effects or trails), but the players it was affecting were loving it. It's a thing in Rebels with Ahsoka, and was used as the saber color for imperial knights in legacy(not that I expect this to really matter of course).

I see the problem here lies with people wanting sides to be easily discernible *cough*jedi with kylo ren hilt*cough*, which of course naturally limits what one side can use. That currently being Red, Orange, and...Magneta?

Last edited:

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
It's a thing in Rebels with Ahsoka, and was used as the saber color for imperial knights in legacy(not that I expect this to really matter of course).

There is a class that hasn't been released that is based off imperial knights that has a white saber.