Feedback Thread: 1.5

k4far

Banned
Donator
General Gameplay
  • Change: Force Pull, if used with a saber out, now has a cooldown/vulnerability window timer of 500ms instead of 350m.
Vulnerability window should be increased. I can just spam 3 Pulls in a row until it works, not very skillful.
  • Change: Force Grip now has unlimited duration instead of a maximum of 5s, as long as the player's force pool isn't empty.
Forced grip needs cost increase or lock-on time extended to make up for no duration. I would personally go with extended vulnerability window. Grip users are just cocky, instead of dueling they are trying to grip and 1 swing you if map has low ceiling you are basically screwed.
  • Change: Deka FP drain multiplier increased from 1.0 to 1.05.
Deka is seriously weak in this meta. Nothing like in v1.4.9. HTD suggested to change that by setting the FP drain multiplier to about 1.20.

Saber vs Gun Gameplay:

Sabering Gameplay:
  • Manual block (Mblock):
    • Change: Readded stab for purple (with the same damage as one of its swings), replacing its twirly kata
I do not know where to start talking about this move... it's ridiculous. Instant, capable of draining roughly 40 BP if we catch our opponent running or interrupt him? Never seen something so busted. For your information you can do instant melee grabs and then finish somebody off with this move, fun!

Saber sound fixes/tweaks:
  • New: Saber hit sounds and graphical effects have been updated and improved.
Causing awful lags if you have dynamic lights turned on. It's my favorite effect and I had to turn it off. You can see light changing on you if somebody is dueling behind a very thick wall visible on mb2_duel_dotf for example.

I hope this ALL can be addressed in the upcoming hotfix.

Will update this list as more issues occur

Last edited:
After playing for a while im left with the conclusion:

Sith is way more powerful against gunners than Jedi.
grip and lightning is instant death in 1v1 while jedi speed or mt can be countered.

FA needs fixing (taunts in particular with Take dat) apparently leaving it broken is a priority since previous patch lol.

also noticed that launcher keeps updating/redownloading everytime after you close it and re-open it.
@Defiant

Last edited:
FA needs fixing (taunts in particular with Take dat) apparently leaving it broken is a priority since previous patch lol.

also noticed that launcher keeps updating/redownloading everytime after you close it and re-open it.
TAKE DAT
Also everyone is spamming purple now

I left my feedback on beta thread countless times and devs acknowledged that FP drain was too low. What do they do to fix it? Increase it from 1.00 to 1.05. WOW. Do you even play and test this class? I know most of you hate this class. It was either too op or useless. No in between. And now its useless again. DROIDEKA CAN NOT DRAIN JEDIS FP. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE. Even with discharge and long distance between jedi and deka JEDI still has the upper hand. FP2 is completely useless against it. Cant even drain below 70 fp. Shooting a zigzaging jedi is hard. But even in a perfect situation when a deka somehow magically lands every shot you still cant drain jedis fp and then he just jumps on top of you and kill you. The only thing you can do is get quick deploy and run away shoot him a few times and then run away again until you either get shot or get backwhacked by a jedi...

I love playing this class and have been playing for years but even a few jedis renders playing deka completely obselete and impossible. So how to fix this? Either;
1. Give deka Shield discharge by default
2. Increase fp drain to 1.20 - 1.30
3. Nerf saber damage against deka shield so it takes at least 2-3 hits to kill the deka. ( The "bug" on beta drop 4. )

But please at least acknowledge that Jedi vs Deka is broken.

Smee

Banned
Def 1 sabering has been nerfed too much
Get one shotted by snipers on full fp while running
Loses bp way too fast
Also, there was no reason to make having 2 saber styles at once cost more than in the last build and it has ruined some of my classes

I left my feedback on beta thread countless times and devs acknowledged that FP drain was too low. What do they do to fix it? Increase it from 1.00 to 1.05. WOW. Do you even play and test this class? I know most of you hate this class. It was either too op or useless. No in between. And now its useless again. DROIDEKA CAN NOT DRAIN JEDIS FP. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE. Even with discharge and long distance between jedi and deka JEDI still has the upper hand. FP2 is completely useless against it. Cant even drain below 70 fp. Shooting a zigzaging jedi is hard. But even in a perfect situation when a deka somehow magically lands every shot you still cant drain jedis fp and then he just jumps on top of you and kill you. The only thing you can do is get quick deploy and run away shoot him a few times and then run away again until you either get shot or get backwhacked by a jedi...

I love playing this class and have been playing for years but even a few jedis renders playing deka completely obselete and impossible. So how to fix this? Either;
1. Give deka Shield discharge by default
2. Increase fp drain to 1.20 - 1.30
3. Nerf saber damage against deka shield so it takes at least 2-3 hits to kill the deka. ( The "bug" on beta drop 4. )

But please at least acknowledge that Jedi vs Deka is broken.

gf br0

bit early and i might be alone but i hate those bodyhit counters, it feels a lot like you're just facehugging and guessing your opponent's swings since they're so quick

idk, i just wish the fluency of 1.4.9 was still here with the other aspects which have been added. animations kind of feel twitchy and weird, whereas I preferred the skill it took to actually interrupt swings in the last build compared to now where you can just swing as soon as you're hit and you will 100% land the swing no matter what

inb4
e99c18c35f52ecf61b899ed19766a303.png

My only complaint so far is purple stab. Annoying, spammable, takes little to no skill to use and deals OP dmg with it's second hit or whatever it is. Really has no place here.
I like dueling so far, it's fun thinking while playing against different styles again. Of course it will take me a while to get used to swing restrictions but overall I think it's a good change.

After playing for a while im left with the conclusion:

Sith is way more powerful against gunners than Jedi.
grip and lightning is instant death in 1v1 while jedi speed or mt can be countered.
You do realize grip is broken and unusable in this update, right?

Sounds to me like you just need to get better at the game.

Here's few bugs we've discovered with others players in game

1: Simple HUD doesnt display BP

2: When Dynamic Light is ON, on certain maps, everytime 2 person swings each others and it connect make everyones model flash in black

3: We havent be able to reproduce it but when 2 person Purple Stab each others some wierd animation can happen and laste for about 2 sec

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think purple stab is a nice conept, but animation should be both quicker and last shorter to allow more room for counter play

I really like it, but I'll admit it doesn't feel rewarding.

The animation last too long, which give strong skilless defence advantage and the long stagger & pushback doesn't allow much room for opponent to counter attack.

So i'd say maybe Stagger/Push should then be a tend shorter as well, fp drain higher

Last edited:
General Gameplay
  • Change: Force Grip now has unlimited duration instead of a maximum of 5s, as long as the player's force pool isn't empty.
Forced grip needs cost increase or lock-on time extended to make up for no duration. I would personally go with extended vulnerability window. Grip users are just cocky, instead of dueling they are trying to grip and 1 swing you if map has low ceiling you are basically screwed.

Will update this list as more issues occur
Force grip is expensive enough as is. You need to have grip 3 at least for it to be worth anything, otherwise the power is just worthless. Like, who the hell uses grip 2 or 1? Judging from the fact that grip is actually busted right now and currently impossible to actually use, I'm thinking you just used this update to complain about grip users. There's ways to counter grip. I will say that I am disappointed that more significant changes weren't made to grip to make it less of a burden to utilize, but increasing it's already insane costs wouldn't fix anything.

An increase in lock on time? Are you mad? That shit needs to be shortened! It's insane how hard it can be to nail someone down and hold the cursor over their hit box perfectly for 3 seconds straight when they know how to actually play the game.

Eazy E

Banned
bit early and i might be alone but i hate those bodyhit counters, it feels a lot like you're just facehugging and guessing your opponent's swings since they're so quick

idk, i just wish the fluency of 1.4.9 was still here with the other aspects which have been added. animations kind of feel twitchy and weird, whereas I preferred the skill it took to actually interrupt swings in the last build compared to now where you can just swing as soon as you're hit and you will 100% land the swing no matter what
You can pblock counters now and i'm pretty sure combo swings still parry counters.

• Change: Deka FP drain multiplier increased from 1.0 to 1.05.
Deka is seriously weak in this meta. Nothing like in v1.4.9. HTD suggested to change that by setting the FP drain multiplier to about 1.20.
Deka is an utterly broken class and needs a rework before anything else. I'd rather have a weak ass deka than the terror of a good deka in the current state will bring.

Also people here crying that they cant abuse def 1 anymore. That's pretty funny.

"HURR DURR I get oneshot when I run in front of a proj in melee range and dont block" Hilarious