V1.4.6 Update Released

mb2_logo_1.png

V1.4.6 Update

CHANGELOG (13 November 2017)

General
  • Fix: Tempban shoud now work properly with long IPs
  • Change: SBD now uses overlay when zooming with Advanced Targeting
  • Fix: Client hosted (localhost) servers no longer lag on map change
  • Change: Can now have OpenJK colors (^8/^9) on names with g_openJKColoredNames
  • Change: trigger_capture and misc_hologram map entity functionality improved significantly (designed for DOTFv2 and future maps / modes)
  • New: trigger_playercount map entity added to allow conditional map logic based on quantity of players within an area (designed for mb2_duel_training).
  • New: Beta release of weaponflags. A new FA-only feature that functions similarly to classflags, but depends on what weapon you have equipped. It can affect the user or the weapon itself. At the moment it is used officially only in Sailbarge with the poison blaster. Keep in mind that this is still an experimental feature, not all combinations work, or some may not work as expected. For further reference, check the weaponflags article on the wiki.

Weapons:
  • Change: M5 sniper mode FP drain has been reduced slightly.
  • Fix: Bowcaster Scope can be toggled while holding a charged shot.
  • Change: Bowcaster Rank 2 adjusted to re-balance the power of rapid fire.
    • Rank 1: Unchanged
    • Rank 2: Uses Rank 1 Primary Fire, Unlocks Scope, Unlocks Charged Shot.
    • Rank 3: Unchanged

Dodge:
  • Change: Once activated cannot be deactivated, dodge points drain to 0 before it starts regenerating.
  • Change: Dodge can be activated whenever dodge points are available.
  • Change: Dodge levels and mechanics are simplified. Dodge meter is 0-100 and each rank unlocks a portion of the whole bar (regen times below are based on standing still, regen slows while moving):
    • Rank 1: 33% Dodge Points max (regenerates from 0-33% over 3 seconds).
    • Rank 2: 66% Dodge Points max (regenerates from 0-66% over 6 seconds).
    • Rank 3: 100% Dodge Points max (regenerates from 0-100% over 9 seconds).
    • 33% Dodge Points is worth 1 second of active dodge time.
  • Change: Dodge bar turns red when dodge is active.
  • Change: There is no additional dodge point drain when dodging projectiles.

Maps
  • New: Starkiller Base (mb2_starkiller_base)
    • An original new map by Plasma based on the end of The Force Awakens.
  • Change: Duel of the Fates v2.0 (mb2_dotf)
    • A redesign of Duel of the Fates by MaceMadunusus.. For an indepth view of the changes see here: The Evolution of Duel of the Fates
    • All routes were widened and thicker pillar cover was added.
    • Route to throne is no longer protected by a locked door.
    • All side routes have been expanded to a more open format coming from main to either side of Throne Room.
    • Federation Room (Defender Spawn) has been increased in size to fully support 64 spawns to prevent crashes.
    • Side route from Defending Spawn to Generator has been shortened.
    • Elevators in generator now have access to all levels.
    • Pit room in generator removed.
    • Catwalk removed.
    • New Capture Node based objective
      • Attackers must capture the node from the defenders by standing in it for a full 12 seconds. Six seconds to neutral + Six seconds to full capture.
      • A single defender can block the capture point and the rate is independent of the amount of players in either team within the node.
      • If the point gets flipped but not fully captured it will reset to neutral. The defending team has the ability to reset it fully to their control by standing in it without attackers present.
      • The capture range is denoted by a colored border in the throne room.
    • Updated Secondary Objective
      • The secondary objective has been updated, still unlocking both federation and side routes from the consoles at the entrance to Generator
      • Secondary Objective is now a dual-tier hack meaning you can complete both hacks at either of the terminals one after the other.
    • Sheltered Secondary Spawns
      • Once the spawns are switched both teams get access to two secondary spawning locations on either side of main.
      • Spawn location is random.
      • Defenders have permanently sheltered spawns.
      • Attackers sheltered spawns activate when they spawn and will remain active for 10 seconds. If a secondary player spawns before those 10 seconds are up the counter will reset for another 10 seconds before it is deactivated.
  • Change: Duel of the Fates Duel (mb2_duel_dotf)
    • Updated map to match mb2_dotf changes (forcefield corridor / pit unchanged).
  • FIx: Deathstar (mb2_deathstar)
    • Closed another map escape bug.
  • Change: Duel Training (mb2_duel_training)
    • Now allows for entering private dueling rooms with anyone regardless of team.
  • Fix: Jakku (mb2_jakku)
    • Updated capture point entity to prevent gameplay changing due to code fixes.
  • Change: Sailbarge (mb2_sailbarge, formerly um_sailbarge)
    • Full authentic significantly updated.

Models

// Message from Penekowski //

Hi guys, second batch of new models/upgrades/fixes are a go! Not only have we added a long requested old republic Sith or the ambitious Director Krennic, but something that our jetpack users will really like, 15 new mandalorians for you all. Worry not, we've left some of the oldies for people that like to stick to the past, changelog below. Don't forget to leave your feedback. Enjoy!
  • Fix: Player Models:
    • Removed Cassian's Parka skin from model to avoid client crashes.
    • Fixed Commander Cody's visor not having RGB
    • Reverted unintended change to low health pain on Chewbacca soundset
    • Slight weighting issues on Jyn Erso's model
    • Stormtrooper Luke has a head again on Deathstar FA
  • Change: Player Models:
    • Gave new textures to Kit fisto as well as facial movement
    • Upgraded Saesee Tiin's model to a new version
    • Upgraded Agen Kolar/Eeth Koth to their new versions
    • Improved Quigon Jinn's textures and gave facial movement
    • Improved Mace Windu's textures, enlarged his lower robe and gave facial movement
    • Restored Quinlan Vos's old soundpack due to popular demand
    • Updated Darth Maul's soundpack
  • New: Player Models:
    • Director Krennic (Commander)
    • The Clone Wars Cin Drallig (Jedi)
    • Videogame costume Cin Drallig (Jedi)
    • The Clone Wars Darth Maul (Sith)
    • Concept Art Darth Nihilus (Sith)
    • The Last Jedi Rey with updated textures for the old variants (Jedi / Hero)
    • The Last Jedi Finn with updated textures for TFA's version (Hero)
  • New: Peneke's pack Mandalorian model. Open mode now uses the new model unless specified otherwise:
    • Jango Fett
    • ESB Boba Fett
    • ROTJ Boba Fett
    • Deathwatch
    • Maul's Deathwatch
    • Wren Clan
    • 5 generic RGB skins
    • Holiday Special Boba Fett
    • 3 skins based on the classic model
    • 3 RGB skins using the classic movie battles model
  • New: Saber Hilts
    • Darth Nihilus's hilt
    • Single variant for the Temple Guard's hilt
    • Added custom saber sounds to 'Skywalker' hilt
  • Fix: Miscellaneous model fixes on many FA maps
  • New: Added A180 pistol to Jyn Erso's model in open
Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads ) ( Linux OpenJK server lib )
Code:
-MBII
cgamei386.so
FAMBModels.pk3
jampgamei386.so
mb2_deathstar.pk3
mb2_dotf.pk3
mb2_jakku.pk3
mb2_starkiller_base.pk3
mb2_um_assets3.pk3
MBAssets.pk3
MBAssets2.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBHilts.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
uii386.so
zz_MBModels.pk3
zz_MBModels2.pk3

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name

Last edited:
Astounding work you've put into dotf. I am really amazed by the new version and enjoy every detail that was put into this map. I really appreciate the effort. Although in my opinion the obj hacking should take a bit longer than now.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Reinf classes that spawn behind laser shield and are able to shoot through it at outside enemies while they can't shoot them is even more dumb :)
Why's that? It's not like they can protect obj from in there, it's not like you need to be right outside their spawn. What's the issue

obj hacking
haha "hacking" has become shorthand for all obj completion by this point, evidently.

Nex

EU Official Server Admin
Why's that? It's not like they can protect obj from in there, it's not like you need to be right outside their spawn. What's the issue.
Are you serious now or trolling? You ask what's the issue if a reinf class spawns near me behind laser doors that are penetrable only to him?

/facepalm

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Are you serious now or trolling? You ask what's the issue if a reinf class spawns near me behind laser doors that are penetrable only to him?

/facepalm
Yes, that's what I'm asking. It was a deliberate map choice made for a clear reason (to prevent "spawn killing"). I'm asking what your problem with it is. If your problem is the case "a guy spawned near me behind an impenetrable wall" I would say that the answer I give you is "why are you fighting in an area that's designed to be completely disadvantageous for you?"

The situation is designed to be completely disadvantageous for you, to prevent spawn killing. Fortunately, you don't need to spawn kill to win. Do you understand yet?

(Mind you, I'm not saying spawn killing is some great evil. Arguably, if your spawn is overrun, you deserve to get spawn killed. This map is designed to prevent spawn killing, and I'm fine with that since the obj is easy to capture.)

I suggest changing these things on DotFv2:
1. Fed room ceiling doesn't fit there
2. Black windows
3. 2d railing pillars on throne room stairs
4. That old texture on the floor on hangar sides under the pillars doesn't fit

Nex

EU Official Server Admin
Yes, that's what I'm asking. It was a deliberate map choice made for a clear reason (to prevent "spawn killing"). I'm asking what your problem with it is. If your problem is the case "a guy spawned near me behind an impenetrable wall" I would say that the answer I give you is "why are you fighting in an area that's designed to be completely disadvantageous for you?")

Cause I fought my way to it? I think you don't get my point on the first place. I don't mind reinf classes of the opposite team to spawn behind laser shield. The issue I have is that they are penetrable only to THEM. I just saw today a guy spawned there, 2 ppl were waiting for him at spawn and he just shoot the crap outta them through laser shield while they couldn't even defend themselves as their blasters cannot fire back at him. He was basically immortal.

The idea was to prevent spawn kills yes, but it turns out it's the other way around now. The reinf class that respawns is ninja 'spawn killing' the spawn killers that are completely defensless. This forcefield should be impenetrable for any team, just like in gen.

There is always turn side to the coin. I am yet to test it enough but right now my favorite wook build is "charge & barge" aka taking health 2 and fury 2. Pretty strong combo when you can charge and then make a barge! Especially on sith. Not to forget the rage that builds on making dmg even with caster.

Funniest thing is it is not even worth using caster 2 in any other way but charging it due to such low fire rate. Charge shot fire rate is practically the same except higher dmg.
Don't get me wrong I love getting Health 3 Str 3 with charged shot but the value of the class overall goes down heavily

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
I think you don't get my point on the first place.
Yes, because all you said was "it's dumb." So that's why I asked, and you said "/facepalm," very helpfully, like a big boy. So yes, congrats on figuring out that I didn't get your point.

I just saw today a guy spawned there, 2 ppl were waiting for him at spawn and he just shoot the crap outta them through laser shield while they couldn't even defend themselves as their blasters cannot fire back at him. He was basically immortal.
Jesus christ on a saltine, walk to obj and cap it. They seriously just stayed in that same spot and tried to fight even though it was unwinnable? That's like ramming headfirst into a completely intentional brick wall repeatedly and then suing the state. Do you have any capacity to think outside your prior expectations? Walk somewhere else. Somewhere where, y'know, there isn't a one-way laser wall with enemies behind it. Somewhere where there's an obj you can cap to win. A place like that. Go there.

He was basically immortal.
That's by design. So go somewhere else.

geh if I harass you about it you'll, like anybody would, get justifiably defensive about it. Erhghghr. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, sorry, yes, hello. The issue you are describing is part of intentional design. You are intended to do something else than what you are expecting to be intended to do. That is the simple fact. Have a nice day.

The reinf class that respawns is ninja 'spawn killing' the spawn killers that are completely defensless.
Also it's not "ninja" once people realize the spawn point is there and start to expect people to spawn in it, and it's not "defenseless" if you're free to walk somewhere else other than the Unwinnable Position. You have no need to win the unwinnable position. You can go to obj.

Last edited:
Although its still DOTF in that its a sniper's wet dream, I really like the update: the useless pit was removed, hangar is not as good of a camping position without the catwalk, its better looking, with better cover against snipers in main and side corridors as well as them being wider and with a higher ceiling (reduces the deka's advantage in narrow spaces) and having spawn protection for imps.

In terms of what could be improved, I feel there are too many spots where siths and mandos can get to. Don't get me wrong I love to use them but I feel, for the rebs, without a jedi with sense or watching every corner of every room, it could be faster by removing these sniping spots. I'm thinking of the entrance of gen room, with the weird pillars and a lot of the lights in what used to be the left corridor.

So good job Mace and more generally, something I think should be said more often, thanks to everyone who worked on MBII; still crazy to think that this is a "just" a mod developped by volunteers.

Nex

EU Official Server Admin
Yes, because all you said was "it's dumb." So that's why I asked, and you said "/facepalm," very helpfully, like a big boy. So yes, congrats on figuring out that I didn't get your point.
Hmm no, all I said was that reinf classes that spawn behind laser shield shouldn't be able to shoot through it at outside enemies while they can't shoot them.
If you actually read the whole sentence you would have known. And I said it's dumb because it favors one side. It obviously can't work in both ways as it would kill the idea but it also can't work in one way so the respawner is the only who's able shoot. It should be impenetrable for both and give the respawned guy possibility to manually turn off the forcefield via some console so he can walk out when it's safe.

Jesus christ on a saltine, walk to obj and cap it. They seriously just stayed in that same spot and tried to fight even though it was unwinnable? That's like ramming headfirst into a completely intentional brick wall repeatedly and then suing the state. Do you have any capacity to think outside your prior expectations? Walk somewhere else. Somewhere where, y'know, there isn't a one-way laser wall with enemies behind it. Somewhere where there's an obj you can cap to win. A place like that. Go there.
Don't ask me, I wasn't one of them. I just told you what I saw smartass. Besides, there could be enemies outside fed but I guess that's a bit too far ahead for your brain to comprehend.

That's by design. So go somewhere else.

geh if I harass you about it you'll, like anybody would, get justifiably defensive about it. Erhghghr. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, sorry, yes, hello. The issue you are describing is part of intentional design. You are intended to do something else than what you are expecting to be intended to do. That is the simple fact. Have a nice day.
Nice 'design' where only one team can penetrate laser shield and the other can only watch and hide/run.

Also it's not "ninja" once people realize the spawn point is there and start to expect people to spawn in it, and it's not "defenseless" if you're free to walk somewhere else other than the Unwinnable Position. You have no need to win the unwinnable position. You can go to obj.
Ofc it's ninja. You silently respawn and you kill all ppl awaiting fed door to be open or trying to destroy the console (because you can only do so from inside now). It doesn't take much if you're an ET with T-21 prim shot you know, two accurate shots in less than 2 sec can already do the job and clear the place so you can safely walk out. These people may not even have enough time to react not to mention of getting a cover.

Every time I try to start new map it says default model can't register (Some random model here) . It happens every time. Any help? EDIT: I tried repair installation and it still doesn't work, please help.

Last edited: