V1.4.6 Update Released

mb2_logo_1.png

V1.4.6 Update

CHANGELOG (13 November 2017)

General
  • Fix: Tempban shoud now work properly with long IPs
  • Change: SBD now uses overlay when zooming with Advanced Targeting
  • Fix: Client hosted (localhost) servers no longer lag on map change
  • Change: Can now have OpenJK colors (^8/^9) on names with g_openJKColoredNames
  • Change: trigger_capture and misc_hologram map entity functionality improved significantly (designed for DOTFv2 and future maps / modes)
  • New: trigger_playercount map entity added to allow conditional map logic based on quantity of players within an area (designed for mb2_duel_training).
  • New: Beta release of weaponflags. A new FA-only feature that functions similarly to classflags, but depends on what weapon you have equipped. It can affect the user or the weapon itself. At the moment it is used officially only in Sailbarge with the poison blaster. Keep in mind that this is still an experimental feature, not all combinations work, or some may not work as expected. For further reference, check the weaponflags article on the wiki.

Weapons:
  • Change: M5 sniper mode FP drain has been reduced slightly.
  • Fix: Bowcaster Scope can be toggled while holding a charged shot.
  • Change: Bowcaster Rank 2 adjusted to re-balance the power of rapid fire.
    • Rank 1: Unchanged
    • Rank 2: Uses Rank 1 Primary Fire, Unlocks Scope, Unlocks Charged Shot.
    • Rank 3: Unchanged

Dodge:
  • Change: Once activated cannot be deactivated, dodge points drain to 0 before it starts regenerating.
  • Change: Dodge can be activated whenever dodge points are available.
  • Change: Dodge levels and mechanics are simplified. Dodge meter is 0-100 and each rank unlocks a portion of the whole bar (regen times below are based on standing still, regen slows while moving):
    • Rank 1: 33% Dodge Points max (regenerates from 0-33% over 3 seconds).
    • Rank 2: 66% Dodge Points max (regenerates from 0-66% over 6 seconds).
    • Rank 3: 100% Dodge Points max (regenerates from 0-100% over 9 seconds).
    • 33% Dodge Points is worth 1 second of active dodge time.
  • Change: Dodge bar turns red when dodge is active.
  • Change: There is no additional dodge point drain when dodging projectiles.

Maps
  • New: Starkiller Base (mb2_starkiller_base)
    • An original new map by Plasma based on the end of The Force Awakens.
  • Change: Duel of the Fates v2.0 (mb2_dotf)
    • A redesign of Duel of the Fates by MaceMadunusus.. For an indepth view of the changes see here: The Evolution of Duel of the Fates
    • All routes were widened and thicker pillar cover was added.
    • Route to throne is no longer protected by a locked door.
    • All side routes have been expanded to a more open format coming from main to either side of Throne Room.
    • Federation Room (Defender Spawn) has been increased in size to fully support 64 spawns to prevent crashes.
    • Side route from Defending Spawn to Generator has been shortened.
    • Elevators in generator now have access to all levels.
    • Pit room in generator removed.
    • Catwalk removed.
    • New Capture Node based objective
      • Attackers must capture the node from the defenders by standing in it for a full 12 seconds. Six seconds to neutral + Six seconds to full capture.
      • A single defender can block the capture point and the rate is independent of the amount of players in either team within the node.
      • If the point gets flipped but not fully captured it will reset to neutral. The defending team has the ability to reset it fully to their control by standing in it without attackers present.
      • The capture range is denoted by a colored border in the throne room.
    • Updated Secondary Objective
      • The secondary objective has been updated, still unlocking both federation and side routes from the consoles at the entrance to Generator
      • Secondary Objective is now a dual-tier hack meaning you can complete both hacks at either of the terminals one after the other.
    • Sheltered Secondary Spawns
      • Once the spawns are switched both teams get access to two secondary spawning locations on either side of main.
      • Spawn location is random.
      • Defenders have permanently sheltered spawns.
      • Attackers sheltered spawns activate when they spawn and will remain active for 10 seconds. If a secondary player spawns before those 10 seconds are up the counter will reset for another 10 seconds before it is deactivated.
  • Change: Duel of the Fates Duel (mb2_duel_dotf)
    • Updated map to match mb2_dotf changes (forcefield corridor / pit unchanged).
  • FIx: Deathstar (mb2_deathstar)
    • Closed another map escape bug.
  • Change: Duel Training (mb2_duel_training)
    • Now allows for entering private dueling rooms with anyone regardless of team.
  • Fix: Jakku (mb2_jakku)
    • Updated capture point entity to prevent gameplay changing due to code fixes.
  • Change: Sailbarge (mb2_sailbarge, formerly um_sailbarge)
    • Full authentic significantly updated.

Models

// Message from Penekowski //

Hi guys, second batch of new models/upgrades/fixes are a go! Not only have we added a long requested old republic Sith or the ambitious Director Krennic, but something that our jetpack users will really like, 15 new mandalorians for you all. Worry not, we've left some of the oldies for people that like to stick to the past, changelog below. Don't forget to leave your feedback. Enjoy!
  • Fix: Player Models:
    • Removed Cassian's Parka skin from model to avoid client crashes.
    • Fixed Commander Cody's visor not having RGB
    • Reverted unintended change to low health pain on Chewbacca soundset
    • Slight weighting issues on Jyn Erso's model
    • Stormtrooper Luke has a head again on Deathstar FA
  • Change: Player Models:
    • Gave new textures to Kit fisto as well as facial movement
    • Upgraded Saesee Tiin's model to a new version
    • Upgraded Agen Kolar/Eeth Koth to their new versions
    • Improved Quigon Jinn's textures and gave facial movement
    • Improved Mace Windu's textures, enlarged his lower robe and gave facial movement
    • Restored Quinlan Vos's old soundpack due to popular demand
    • Updated Darth Maul's soundpack
  • New: Player Models:
    • Director Krennic (Commander)
    • The Clone Wars Cin Drallig (Jedi)
    • Videogame costume Cin Drallig (Jedi)
    • The Clone Wars Darth Maul (Sith)
    • Concept Art Darth Nihilus (Sith)
    • The Last Jedi Rey with updated textures for the old variants (Jedi / Hero)
    • The Last Jedi Finn with updated textures for TFA's version (Hero)
  • New: Peneke's pack Mandalorian model. Open mode now uses the new model unless specified otherwise:
    • Jango Fett
    • ESB Boba Fett
    • ROTJ Boba Fett
    • Deathwatch
    • Maul's Deathwatch
    • Wren Clan
    • 5 generic RGB skins
    • Holiday Special Boba Fett
    • 3 skins based on the classic model
    • 3 RGB skins using the classic movie battles model
  • New: Saber Hilts
    • Darth Nihilus's hilt
    • Single variant for the Temple Guard's hilt
    • Added custom saber sounds to 'Skywalker' hilt
  • Fix: Miscellaneous model fixes on many FA maps
  • New: Added A180 pistol to Jyn Erso's model in open
Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads ) ( Linux OpenJK server lib )
Code:
-MBII
cgamei386.so
FAMBModels.pk3
jampgamei386.so
mb2_deathstar.pk3
mb2_dotf.pk3
mb2_jakku.pk3
mb2_starkiller_base.pk3
mb2_um_assets3.pk3
MBAssets.pk3
MBAssets2.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBHilts.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
uii386.so
zz_MBModels.pk3
zz_MBModels2.pk3

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name

Last edited:

Nex

EU Official Server Admin
Dotf is a bit too bright, especially main corridor. Besides that map in general feels good, for now.

As for Starkiller map, I like that corridors aren't so tiny as on DS. It's very good, just enough space to be mobile with any class and not too many side ways to camp.

EDIT: Also, wuts up with custom taunts for Krennic? Unmasked Kylo too but it's been there since last update.

Last edited:
Dotf is a bit too bright, especially main corridor. Besides that map in general feels good, for now.

As for Starkiller map, I like that corridors aren't so tiny as on DS. It's very good, just enough space to be mobile with any class and not too many side ways to camp.

EDIT: Also, wuts up with custom taunts for Krennic? Unmasked Kylo too but it's been there since last update.
I agree the map is way too bright for the game but overall it's perfect. Battlefront's Krennic voice shouldn't be used on Krennic imo, it doesn't sound like the character in any way...

YEESSSSSSSSS

By the way, where are the team markers above heads? You decided to postpone it to make new better markers? IMO, the default team markers should be added until the new ones are ready. If someone doesn't like them, they can turn them off.

Edit:
Screenshot_1.png

Fuk yea.

Smee

Banned
Will the old dotf still be in the game?
Also, worth remembering Eravana also had a circlejerk reaction

Last edited:

Preston

Nerd
I really don't like the new color palate and the lighting. It's much too bright, and I really miss the old brownish colors of dotf.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Sailbarge imo is way too wacky of a map and way too ugly of a map to be marked as an official mb2_ map. It looks bad (especially if you look down at the flat desert ground, the geometric sarlacc pit, the too-obvious map edges) and it plays bad. And the lighting is either terrible or nonexistent. It looks uniformly dark. Blargh. Cool to see the experimental FA poison blaster tho.

Still wondering: Is there still a DOTFv2 Gen "area denial" mechanic in place? I don't see a way to activate it.

Also: Since other people are starting to say it, I'll say DOTF v2 does strike me as a little garish, like, a little... "over-cooked" color-wise, or something. I didn't say it before cuz I thought maybe it was just me.

Although I suppose it's nice to have a map with a problem of being "too bright," given how many maps at this point are way "too dark" at default gamma settings (at least as regards gameplay visibility, no comment on realism/accuracy).

For reference, here's how the actual place the map's based on looks:
bigstock-Interior-Of-Caserta-Palace-60013235.jpg
and here's dotfv2:
hrpVPQe.jpg
The IRL version is much more washed out and really authentically marbley-lookin and austere, not to mention actually brighter lit. Mind you I'm not saying "more realistic is better," but I will say I like how the first picture looks.

Looking at it now, I suppose those windows on the right are blacked-out for optimization reasons? Because otherwise too much of the map would be loaded at once? Or what?

... mb2dotf looks a bit nicer at default gamma settings tho. I usually have my gamma settings amped up because other maps are so dang dark.

looking at that screenshot, mb2 dotf looks incredibly yellow

Last edited:

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I will be doing quite a few visual tweaks to DOTF, particularly with lighting. The final compile had bounce lighting in it which helped with some of the weird lighting spots in the map, but as a result made a bunch of the map brighter and even though I decreased intensity by 25%. It takes 5 or so hours to compile so iteration times are low and I wanted to get it out to everyone as I needed more information about gameplay. You should be able to look at the screenshots I posted in the evolution thread and compare them to what is in-game now and you'll see a massive brightness increase as a result of changing things in the compile and not having time to fully compensate.

I intentionally didn't mute a lot of the marble colors because muting it that much doesn't look that good in JKA. I may mute it more than it is now though. Most of the muting in the actual palace is due to dust more than the actual colors of the marble. Not actually "dust" but a lot of small particulates that have stuck to the marble surface. it would be too difficult for them to polish all of that.

Stop running with increase r_gamma please though, it looks like ass on every map.

Gen area denial mechanic is still in place.

Yes windows are blacked out for optimization reasons. Framerate would tank seeing that.

I may add more things to hangar. Like I said though I want to see how things play a bit more at the moment. Need more information than test sessions were giving me.

Last edited:

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Dodge sounds rather scary now. Youre basically immortal against blaster fire for 3 seconds?

I think the dodge changes are actually pretty good, it gives newer/worse players a better chance to actually accomplish something other than missing 70% of all shots.

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
Stop running with increase r_gamma please though, it looks like ass on every map.

Then nearly every map and model would need a brightness bump, or we'd have to go Overwatch and give all player models glowing outlines (pls no) as spotting players against backdrop is too important to give up while default "camouflage" skins are too easy.

Last edited:

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Then nearly every map and model needs a brightness bump, or we'd have to go Overwatch and give all player models glowing outlines (pls no) as spotting players against backdrop is too important to give up while default "camouflage" skins are too easy.

Eh, I feel like a lot of people just need new monitors with better brightness. I have no problem on most maps on a 10 year old monitor. However, give me a list of maps that need brightness adjustments and I will go recompile them with bounce and if need be make other changes.

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
I play with a pretty good monitor, having a sharper contrast between the player and environment is too good an advantage go give up. And having the gamma up really separates out player models vs environment. I feel this is more an engine thing as I only feel the need to make this adjustment in Jedi Outcast/Academy (including base) and white maps like Kamino/Echobase aren't immune from this disadvantage.

Lunarbase
Dotf (original, haven't played the new one with tons of people enough yet to see how that plays out with normal brightness)
Smuggler
Deathstar
Kamino
Echobase
Comm Tower
Korriban
SDestroyer
Alderaan
Boc

Come to mind off the top of my head. Its a serious disadvantage playing in Default (dark) mode.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Kamino and BOC are plenty bright (excluding kamino exterior which is supposed to be darker). The others could use a buff though. Bump up monitor brightness or something if you consider kaminos interior to be dark. That is almost as bright as DOTF is right now.

Original DOTF was also plenty bright....

Yep new monitor needed

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
I made a quick edit afterwards, but again its not necessarily the brightness, but the detail separation between models/environment you get with gamma - which is why maps like Kamino are still effected.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Gamma doesn't give environment separation. Its just an additive value to everything on screen. Does nothing for contrast. It is more likely something your monitor is doing with its own dynamic contrast as a result of the gamma increases.