V1.4.6 Update Released

mb2_logo_1.png

V1.4.6 Update

CHANGELOG (13 November 2017)

General
  • Fix: Tempban shoud now work properly with long IPs
  • Change: SBD now uses overlay when zooming with Advanced Targeting
  • Fix: Client hosted (localhost) servers no longer lag on map change
  • Change: Can now have OpenJK colors (^8/^9) on names with g_openJKColoredNames
  • Change: trigger_capture and misc_hologram map entity functionality improved significantly (designed for DOTFv2 and future maps / modes)
  • New: trigger_playercount map entity added to allow conditional map logic based on quantity of players within an area (designed for mb2_duel_training).
  • New: Beta release of weaponflags. A new FA-only feature that functions similarly to classflags, but depends on what weapon you have equipped. It can affect the user or the weapon itself. At the moment it is used officially only in Sailbarge with the poison blaster. Keep in mind that this is still an experimental feature, not all combinations work, or some may not work as expected. For further reference, check the weaponflags article on the wiki.

Weapons:
  • Change: M5 sniper mode FP drain has been reduced slightly.
  • Fix: Bowcaster Scope can be toggled while holding a charged shot.
  • Change: Bowcaster Rank 2 adjusted to re-balance the power of rapid fire.
    • Rank 1: Unchanged
    • Rank 2: Uses Rank 1 Primary Fire, Unlocks Scope, Unlocks Charged Shot.
    • Rank 3: Unchanged

Dodge:
  • Change: Once activated cannot be deactivated, dodge points drain to 0 before it starts regenerating.
  • Change: Dodge can be activated whenever dodge points are available.
  • Change: Dodge levels and mechanics are simplified. Dodge meter is 0-100 and each rank unlocks a portion of the whole bar (regen times below are based on standing still, regen slows while moving):
    • Rank 1: 33% Dodge Points max (regenerates from 0-33% over 3 seconds).
    • Rank 2: 66% Dodge Points max (regenerates from 0-66% over 6 seconds).
    • Rank 3: 100% Dodge Points max (regenerates from 0-100% over 9 seconds).
    • 33% Dodge Points is worth 1 second of active dodge time.
  • Change: Dodge bar turns red when dodge is active.
  • Change: There is no additional dodge point drain when dodging projectiles.

Maps
  • New: Starkiller Base (mb2_starkiller_base)
    • An original new map by Plasma based on the end of The Force Awakens.
  • Change: Duel of the Fates v2.0 (mb2_dotf)
    • A redesign of Duel of the Fates by MaceMadunusus.. For an indepth view of the changes see here: The Evolution of Duel of the Fates
    • All routes were widened and thicker pillar cover was added.
    • Route to throne is no longer protected by a locked door.
    • All side routes have been expanded to a more open format coming from main to either side of Throne Room.
    • Federation Room (Defender Spawn) has been increased in size to fully support 64 spawns to prevent crashes.
    • Side route from Defending Spawn to Generator has been shortened.
    • Elevators in generator now have access to all levels.
    • Pit room in generator removed.
    • Catwalk removed.
    • New Capture Node based objective
      • Attackers must capture the node from the defenders by standing in it for a full 12 seconds. Six seconds to neutral + Six seconds to full capture.
      • A single defender can block the capture point and the rate is independent of the amount of players in either team within the node.
      • If the point gets flipped but not fully captured it will reset to neutral. The defending team has the ability to reset it fully to their control by standing in it without attackers present.
      • The capture range is denoted by a colored border in the throne room.
    • Updated Secondary Objective
      • The secondary objective has been updated, still unlocking both federation and side routes from the consoles at the entrance to Generator
      • Secondary Objective is now a dual-tier hack meaning you can complete both hacks at either of the terminals one after the other.
    • Sheltered Secondary Spawns
      • Once the spawns are switched both teams get access to two secondary spawning locations on either side of main.
      • Spawn location is random.
      • Defenders have permanently sheltered spawns.
      • Attackers sheltered spawns activate when they spawn and will remain active for 10 seconds. If a secondary player spawns before those 10 seconds are up the counter will reset for another 10 seconds before it is deactivated.
  • Change: Duel of the Fates Duel (mb2_duel_dotf)
    • Updated map to match mb2_dotf changes (forcefield corridor / pit unchanged).
  • FIx: Deathstar (mb2_deathstar)
    • Closed another map escape bug.
  • Change: Duel Training (mb2_duel_training)
    • Now allows for entering private dueling rooms with anyone regardless of team.
  • Fix: Jakku (mb2_jakku)
    • Updated capture point entity to prevent gameplay changing due to code fixes.
  • Change: Sailbarge (mb2_sailbarge, formerly um_sailbarge)
    • Full authentic significantly updated.

Models

// Message from Penekowski //

Hi guys, second batch of new models/upgrades/fixes are a go! Not only have we added a long requested old republic Sith or the ambitious Director Krennic, but something that our jetpack users will really like, 15 new mandalorians for you all. Worry not, we've left some of the oldies for people that like to stick to the past, changelog below. Don't forget to leave your feedback. Enjoy!
  • Fix: Player Models:
    • Removed Cassian's Parka skin from model to avoid client crashes.
    • Fixed Commander Cody's visor not having RGB
    • Reverted unintended change to low health pain on Chewbacca soundset
    • Slight weighting issues on Jyn Erso's model
    • Stormtrooper Luke has a head again on Deathstar FA
  • Change: Player Models:
    • Gave new textures to Kit fisto as well as facial movement
    • Upgraded Saesee Tiin's model to a new version
    • Upgraded Agen Kolar/Eeth Koth to their new versions
    • Improved Quigon Jinn's textures and gave facial movement
    • Improved Mace Windu's textures, enlarged his lower robe and gave facial movement
    • Restored Quinlan Vos's old soundpack due to popular demand
    • Updated Darth Maul's soundpack
  • New: Player Models:
    • Director Krennic (Commander)
    • The Clone Wars Cin Drallig (Jedi)
    • Videogame costume Cin Drallig (Jedi)
    • The Clone Wars Darth Maul (Sith)
    • Concept Art Darth Nihilus (Sith)
    • The Last Jedi Rey with updated textures for the old variants (Jedi / Hero)
    • The Last Jedi Finn with updated textures for TFA's version (Hero)
  • New: Peneke's pack Mandalorian model. Open mode now uses the new model unless specified otherwise:
    • Jango Fett
    • ESB Boba Fett
    • ROTJ Boba Fett
    • Deathwatch
    • Maul's Deathwatch
    • Wren Clan
    • 5 generic RGB skins
    • Holiday Special Boba Fett
    • 3 skins based on the classic model
    • 3 RGB skins using the classic movie battles model
  • New: Saber Hilts
    • Darth Nihilus's hilt
    • Single variant for the Temple Guard's hilt
    • Added custom saber sounds to 'Skywalker' hilt
  • Fix: Miscellaneous model fixes on many FA maps
  • New: Added A180 pistol to Jyn Erso's model in open
Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads ) ( Linux OpenJK server lib )
Code:
-MBII
cgamei386.so
FAMBModels.pk3
jampgamei386.so
mb2_deathstar.pk3
mb2_dotf.pk3
mb2_jakku.pk3
mb2_starkiller_base.pk3
mb2_um_assets3.pk3
MBAssets.pk3
MBAssets2.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBHilts.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
uii386.so
zz_MBModels.pk3
zz_MBModels2.pk3

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name

Last edited:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
He has a reskinned E-11 on Cloud City too, as he has for a while. I saw some guy somewhere assert (on Cloud City) that it's a throwback to before the EE-3 was implemented in-game. That may be the reason. It may not be a very good reason.

Me, I'm still wondering why Sailbarge was made an official map when it just looks and plays so.... i dunno, mediocre. It seems exactly like a um or cmp map, cuz it was. Some interest experimental ideas, but not the polish of an official map.

swagmaster

Model Fixer Dude
Movie Battles II Team
Don't forget sailbarge has that broken turret that can let you kill teammates without fear of getting tk points

I remember KotF had a Sail Barge map vastly superior in every way to the mb2 version. Maybe find the original creator and ask if you can use it? It's really well-done map.

Jorge

Venom Big Boss Coder
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Congrats on finally getting DOTF2 out. I'll have to try this out over the Christmas break!

Love the update! Any chance we are gonna see that new Unmasked Kylo Ren model from Force Arena get used in a future update? Or just other models from Force Arena? They look so good in Movie Battles 2. The Ahsoka model they use as well is particularly good.

Okay played a bit and holy moly is caster 2 hard. You literally have to play sniper now... don't think that's viable at all sadly

*edit* I doubt anyone will play wook in matches anymore now.

*edit2* Starkiller base is ugh 2 corridors that have 0 cover? And if you don't open side doors there is no way to flank? cmon guysssss

Last edited:
Beside the many questions I have about the buggy character models, there is one question which I really want to be answered: how in the world did my RGB mandalorians ended up being named as "pnkrgb"? :D It's not like I want you to change it, because I dont really care, but seriously guys... how? :D ...

GJ on the new DotF however. Whatever you did with the lights, please implement it to other maps as well. I can see without changing the brightness and turning the game into a white colored freak show. And I'm surprised you didnt keep the old map as "classic". It'd kind of kill the new map however, because everyone would play on the old map after 1 week, but still... I'm surprised.

Anyway, is there any reason that I cant find a feedback thread about this new release? I'm sure there are some changes which would be great to discuss, and this thread is kind of a "yaay, new version, good job" thread, where the relevant information can easily be missed.

Penekowski

Armchair Developer
Movie Battles II Team
Beside the many questions I have about the buggy character models, there is one question which I really want to be answered: how in the world did my RGB mandalorians ended up being named as "pnkrgb"? :D It's not like I want you to change it, because I dont really care, but seriously guys... how? :D ...

GJ on the new DotF however. Whatever you did with the lights, please implement it to other maps as well. I can see without changing the brightness and turning the game into a white colored freak show. And I'm surprised you didnt keep the old map as "classic". It'd kind of kill the new map however, because everyone would play on the old map after 1 week, but still... I'm surprised.

Anyway, is there any reason that I cant find a feedback thread about this new release? I'm sure there are some changes which would be great to discuss, and this thread is kind of a "yaay, new version, good job" thread, where the relevant information can easily be missed.

I'm happy to answer all model related questions and relay them back to our team, feel free to give whatever feedback you want about em, through private messages, here or discord. Do know that bug fixes/improvements are planned further down the line as we've been doing on the latest release.

As for your 5 RGB mando textures (For which you've been properly credited as you have always requested) I gave them those names as they were easier to identify for me on my internal Mandalorian revamp branch and the developmental model array had those names from the start, changing them would've been an unnecessary pain in the ass for the one in charge of doing so. I hope I answered your question there.

I think that mace is planning to do some tweaks to the map's lightning, so I'm sure that he'll be happy to answer that. I don't think that we'll do a feedback thread as this thread and this one is covering it. Then again, not sure.

GJ on the new DotF however. Whatever you did with the lights, please implement it to other maps as well. I can see without changing the brightness and turning the game into a white colored freak show.
I disagree, I play the game with default gamma and find dotf to be way too bright compared to other maps. I have to turn down the brightness there.

Reactions: Nex
Many thanks once again, Movie Battles Team! Over a decade of playing and you all STILL update the game. You are all amazing. Please continue the great work! Downloading the new version now, and cannot wait to try the new dotf!

Oh by the way this update fixed my launcher for some reason. I no longer get some weird script error that kept me from updating through it

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
the contrast is really annoying. textures from old dotf and new dont really mix well. I'd like to see that floor texture in gen to come up all the way to hangar door
20171115105911_1.jpg

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I need to redo all of those textures when it comes time for PBR so I just left them for release. Will change.

Shalak Que

US Official Server Admin
It's not a matter of "just fine," it's a matter of "optimal." cuz im a tryhard. So if you want a question, I would go with: If you turned up your gamma, would you get EVEN BETTER at spotting enemies?

having played with higher gamma and default gamma, when i play default gamma i'm like "this is frustrating, i'm finding it harder to keep track of people."
so im just not pro then kek

Dogpoop

Banned
Infraction: Flaming
Worst update ever. totally broke my sensitivity somehow. Set it way higher than it was before and continued to reset every round to that point despite the slider being almost all the way to the left. Fix this shit you fucking retards