1.4 Open Beta General Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
All general gameplay feedback for the current open beta should be posted in this thread. Any discussions related to dueling should go here.

Remember to follow the code of conduct and posting guidelines. Off topic posts will be deleted without warning. Please keep back and forth debating to a minimum as it makes parsing feedback much more difficult.

Last edited:

DCM

Movie Battles II Team Retired
It seems the Wrist Laser cooldown is independent of the time after the shot was taken, so if you time it correctly you can get three shots out in a small time frame

Happy to see:
- Updates to allow administrators more control to server including autobalance

Sad to see:
- No changes to Heroes Dash system despite the addition of this new flinch system.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
There is a lot interesting stuff to try in the beta, but before I even play it, I wanna point out 2 changes:

1. Change: Force lightning now stuns Jedi/Sith equipped with a lightsaber if force focused or too low on FP (relative to FB level).
Why in the world would you do this? This will make lighting ridiculously overpowered. Lighting is already strong as it is

2. Change: Force sense level 3 no longer has a cost and does not impede FP regeneration while meditating.
Why are you encouraging the use of seeing which has been nerfed all the time to discourage the use of it? Seeing 3 should have been nerfed, not buffd so hard.

Personally i Found force to be very Underpowered, I like the change of Force Lighting Getting Recognision. Now force User Players can have a chance against jedi.
Plus since you added Palpy. Unlimited power players inc.

I am glad Cyan got Buffed. it was called Skill less and weak.
Glad to see Jedi/Sith get 25% damage Reduction. easier to deal with gunners

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Personally i Found force to be very Underpowered, I like the change of Force Lighting Getting Recognision. Now force User Players can have a chance against jedi.

Forcewhore is not supposed to be on par with a saber user. And the biggest problem with this is that lighting + saber user is going to be op as hell. Goodbye winning situations 2v1 (gunner + sith) as a jedi if sith has lighting, hardly matters how skillful the sith is as long as he knows how to press lighting button.

There is a lot interesting stuff to try in the beta, but before I even play it, I wanna point out 2 changes:

1. Change: Force lightning now stuns Jedi/Sith equipped with a lightsaber if force focused or too low on FP (relative to FB level).
Why in the world would you do this? This will make lighting ridiculously overpowered. Lighting is already strong as it is

2. Change: Force sense level 3 no longer has a cost and does not impede FP regeneration while meditating.
Why are you encouraging the use of seeing which has been nerfed all the time to discourage the use of it? Seeing 3 should have been nerfed, not buffd so hard.

I thought the sense change was a writing error lol. This is a free wh for jedi now?

I thought the sense change was a writing error lol. This is a free wh for jedi now?
I like the point of Lighting Being Powerful Now, sith are able to do 2 v 1 to regain BP using force Lighting.
Force sense 3 Having No FP drain is kind of weird though.

Id also like to see Buff Given to Mind Trick making it last Longer.

I like the point of Lighting Being Powerful Now, sith are able to do 2 v 1 to regain BP using force Lighting.
Force sense 3 Having No FP drain is kind of weird though.

Id also like to see Buff Given to Mind Trick making it last Longer.
Lightning was already pretty powerful. Just not against jedi.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
If I remember correctly, the lightning stun only makes the jedi unable to swing. It doesn't disable his defenses completely.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
If I remember correctly, the lightning stun only makes the jedi unable to swing. It doesn't disable his defenses completely.
Then I guess we just have to find out in beta how it plays out

Thank you very much for still putting so much work into mb2. Much appreciated!

Since iam still downloading this cant be called (justified) feedback, but i want to say something already.

I really like all the changes in theory so far. Mostly the saberist vs gunner nerf. Playing as a gunner was always not very fun versus saberists, who just rush and push you randomly. You only had the option to try to keep some space with carefully running in small intervals, always risking randomly getting pushed down. Hopefully with the changes saberists also need to be a bit more careful how they approach a gunner. It's a fine line to balance this right tho, so iam looking forward to test fighting saberists.

Sense 3 for free sounds a bit too much at first but i might understand why you are doing it. Between sense 2 and 3 theres not much that i think justifies you to pay so much, giving it away for free might be a little bit too much tho. I'd maybe balance sense for just 2 levels. Level 1 beeing like it is but costing 4 points (2 points for one of the strongest skills in mb2 was always way too less). And then having a second level which is something between sense 2 and 3 and costs more.

Lightning Stun could be good if it only makes you unable to swing. (from all 4 class bases force powers, lightning had probably the least influence on a duel)

Can't comment on the saber duel changes, which were probably the focus of this build, but it seems like you are going for more dynamic. That sounds great.

And since there's always something to learn in mb2, can someone plz explain me what nudge is? Never heard of it before =).

Never mind about nudge, you can find it in Sev's duel guide. Thanks for that, Sev.

Preston

Nerd
I like everything except maybe yellow costing 2 more points, if I read it correctly

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Id also like to know

About nudge, as mentioned I've updated my guide to explain nudge again.

It is also worth noting that nudge also works on gunners.

But it might be a bit difficult to understand it. I went digging in the SeV video archives and found two of my old videos, very short, where you can see nudge at work. The new nudge works pretty much the same way.

Not a fan of the reduced slap damage for SBD.
That thing has very a selective reach and is very temperamental, the damage it did was a reward for actually managing to hit somebody without dying.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Not a fan of the reduced slap damage for SBD.
That thing has very a selective reach and is very temperamental, the damage it did was a reward for actually managing to hit somebody without dying.

Try holding the slap button and watch with amazement the flurry of wrist-flickings that the SBD can produce. About 2 per second. Now given that each slap was like 10 dmg, I don't remember exactly, that was retardedly overpowered.

The point I raised in beta was to reduce the slap damage even further, to 2 HP. Or give SBD's slap a proper cooldown. But it didn't pan out as I desired. SBD's slap damage is still quite high imo, and there's still no cooldown on it.

Try holding the slap button and watch with amazement the flurry of wrist-flickings that the SBD can produce. About 2 per second. Now given that each slap was like 10 dmg, I don't remember exactly, that was retardedly overpowered.

Yeah and every time I did that I died because they crouched.
The only time that worked is against new players.

Revert the damage back to before, put flinch on sbd melee so they can't "slap spam".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.