Why did you guys remove another clan's group of servers off the master list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I've decided to register and make a post. Some of you have seen me around from time to time, guildless, in just about every server. I am just a player and I don't have a stake in any of this but i'd like to make a few points here that are important to me and may be important to some of you.

I will be clear with my current stance but it is subject to change based on what happens here and what is revealed as I am sure many other reasonable members will probably be of the same mind set.

I firmly disagree with the removal of the TR server and as far as I can see there hasn't been any real evidence presented. Merely accusations and hearsay at the expense of someones money and time. However, that isn't even my biggest issue. My biggest problem is that the Dev Team has forced me and a few of my friends to play on other servers that lag us tremendously(We can't figure out why someone in Las Vegas lags so badly on some of the NA servers) or we have moral and ethical issues with. I like the AoD server from time to time but I don't like how some of the admins are over zealous with their position - especially on Freedom of Speech. I haven't been in trouble with them personally but it is incredibly off putting to see it happen over such minute details.

TR was a great place to go for me to see people actually speaking their minds, whether trolling or not, they were not inhibited in the slightest... partly why I believe it was so popular. Let's assume for a moment that the reason for their removal was for the protection of the already fractured and broken community... well, you're basically trying to influence culture in a heavy handed way. Some of you may disagree with what I have to say but I don't think force is how you influence a 'toxic' culture. Competition is how you influence it. A battle of ideas.

If your server is able to compete then that is what should stand the test of time. If that means TR's success comes from trolls then guess what the TR servers will have in them? However, if you do not want that in your server then you should keep an active administration on board to handle and take care of what you want to see instead of forcing everyone to comply.

I'm a little irked about this because it has severely limited my options on how I have fun with this game and it's community. Part of my fun was to see the silliness that occurred at TR Deathstar. I will conclude with this... if evidence comes out to showcase TR in the fault in any particular and substantial way then I will change my view. However, until then. I think...as it stands now, that this was a jump on the gun decision and a crack down on something that nobody has real power over.

It seems justified. That server had a toxic atmosphere and about 75% of the time you would see someone getting TKed by a group of tR or one of their troll friends.

Tking admins, abusing players and resetting their tk points, DDOSing other servers and general edgy trolling that consists of spamming racial epithets and taking things to a personal level. Nothing of value (aside from the concept of not being a DOTF 24/7 hugfest like AOD) was lost. Another server will take its place, granted only if it's not under constant DDOS attacks from a couple of tR bad apples. And the response below of a known troll/glitch abuser reminds me of the old saying "you are the company you keep"

Bitch, who the F**k do you think you are? The uppercuts aren't at the heart of tR, and if you think they are, you're quite obviously the ignorant one. At best, one real uppercut remains in this pathetic excuse for a community, certainly not enough to justify removing AN ENTIRE GROUP OF SERVERS.

Take the fucking stick out of your ass, whoever you are. Get rid of your god complex, set your ego aside, and grow the F**k up. The oogie boogie spooky uppercuts must have really done a number on your fragile emotions if mere WHISPERS of their names sends you into such a panic that you launch the nuke removing 3 popular servers from the community.

I've been back for what, a week? Two weeks? I haven't seen ANY admin abuse on tR servers, I haven't seen anything other than mild trolling and the occasional TKing of tR members between themselves.

Guess what, bitch? I'm one of the actual uppercuts. I'm telling you, you're a fucking retard. Grow up, let your balls drop, show some evidence, or stop fucking with people's money.

The literal worst thing you can do for this dead shithole of a game is to remove one of the only active servers aside from AoD. CB? That clan server is an actual joke. Get your feelings hurt because you agreed to a scrim, didn't take it even remotely seriously, and then backed out last minute because your members got sick and tired of your pathetic ego and lack of intellect.

And please, "Achilles," let me know when you have anything other than war-torn memories of the horrendous uppercuts and your own personal grudge against the people who made you sob yourself to sleep years ago.

This game was shit years ago, and judging from this festering shithole of drama, it's only been getting worse in my absence. Enjoy your dead community, my dude.
Back in 2011 when you were getting perma'd from GIN, I figured you would have grown up out of your edgy phase, I guess I was wrong.

Protecting the community from what exactly? What kind of harm can be done to people playing on our servers? Are you accusing tR of doxxing players/servers? If so, where is the evidence? This rumor has been spread by butthurt kids that have skin as thin as paper. They use tR as a scapegoat for all of their tribulations, when in reality, we haven't broken a single fucking rule. This is merely a campaign to bring down a rival clan who has had one of the highest populated server as of recently. Without a doubt, CB and AOD have had a significant influence on this decision and they are the main reason these false accusations even exist. AOD was threatened by a server surpassing them so, of course, their immediate response was to illegitimize our influx of population by creating these bullshit lies. IP harvesting? Who comes up with this shit? tR was a haven for those banned on AOD and CB (which is a lot btw) that wanted to play the game on more loose terms. These allegations against our clan are nothing more than an attempt to divert population to said rival clans. What amazes me is that action was taken via word of mouth over concrete evidence (which they will never be able to provide because all of these claims are lies). I really admire the devs commitment to kill this game as quick as possible.
I gotta say, you are quite the liar.

It seems justified. That server had a toxic atmosphere and about 75% of the time you would see someone getting TKed by a group of tR or one of their troll friends.

Tking admins, abusing players and resetting their tk points, DDOSing other servers and general edgy trolling that consists of spamming racial epithets and taking things to a personal level. Nothing of value (aside from the concept of not being a DOTF 24/7 hugfest like AOD) was lost. Another server will take its place, granted only if it's not under constant DDOS attacks from a couple of tR bad apples. And the response below of a known troll/glitch abuser reminds me of the old saying "you are the company you keep"

You're suggesting that because they ran a server (which they pay for) in a different way, (and honestly it wasn't that different,) that it's okay for the devs to say, "We don't like these guys, they're not very politically correct. Let's play mommy and daddy to the community and unilaterally decide which servers they can play on. It's for their own good because some people get their feelings hurt but 50% of the mod's pop still play there."

- - -

Let's be frank. This would not have happened if tR's server wasn't so popular. It's clear the devs do not like having the majority of the community choosing to play on their servers.

You're suggesting that because they ran a server (which they pay for) in a different way, (and honestly it wasn't that different,) that it's okay for the devs to say, "We don't like these guys, they're not very politically correct.
Not at all. The TKing and toxicity I talked about are just reasons why I'm not sympathetic to them. DDOSing other servers and doxxing people however are against the guidelines. I actually liked tR for their lack of moderation in regards to freedom of speech.

"Tempest: can you message paradine and tell him to relay to whomever is involved that ddosing the mb2 site isnt really gonna help with their case"

"{Δ} Potadolf Loafler {MGL}: You know, ddosing the forums isn't helping your case." - Dooku from the forums.

You know its quite peculiar that these two would message tR and immediately blame us for the forum coming down... Where is the evidence for these wild accusations? Scapegoats. That's what we've become. If I didn't know any better, I would say the devs are trying to create the "missing" evidence that they have yet to post.
Lmao. You play dumb like a champ.

DDOSing other servers and doxxing people however are against the guidelines. I actually liked tR for their lack of moderation in regards to freedom of speech.

There has been no evidence provided. For either accusation. Concerning DDoS'ing, when did this happen? Who specifically conducted this attack? Was the suspect even in tR, or were they just using this opportunity to frame them circumstantially? I know it can be hard to think critically, but these are the types of questions you must ask yourself and answer honestly when conducting a serious investigation. You can't just say they're guilty of DDoS without knowing that they're guilty of DDoS. You've got to share the evidence, otherwise it's literally a baseless accusation.

Concerning doxxing, they've said the member responsible has been dealt with -- a lone wolf who was a former CB member (((CONFLICT OF INTEREST??))).

The devs have cut off the head of tR to spite its hangnail. A metaphorical hangnail, which they have disposed of themselves. Where is the justice is this?

- - -

I don't know about the devs, but I've actually been exercising my due diligence: talking to tR members, CB members, and internal beta testing team members alike. I feel as though I'm the only person who's actively investigating the matter.

All I know is Tempest said that he would be responsible and investigate the evidence and get back to the members of tR as well as the disenfranchised frequenters of their servers. Unfortunately, this appears to have been a bold faced lie. It has been nearly 36 hours since the servers have been blacklisted, and nothing -- not so much as a temporary restoration to the master server list has been provided. The devs obviously have no intention of reversing this irresponsible decision, despite an overwhelming lack of proof -- the burden of which belongs to the accuser, not the accused.

There is even photographic evidence of the dev team jumping to the conclusion that today's DDoS attack was of tR's doing -- despite there being no evidence to even suggest such a claim. Obviously, this displays a disturbing bias. Even circumstantially, it wouldn't make sense for tR to DDoS, especially when a thread like this, in this usually dead forum, is bursting at the seams with support for these would-be trolls, haxx0rs, and d0xx0rz -- the whole lot of them (/s.)

It's truly disappointing how the devs: the members of the community who are supposed to be held in the highest esteem, were in such a rush to jump to a conclusion, that they forgot to analyze the merits and precedents at stake in this situation before making such a one-sided decision. The developers are the ones who represent the mod as a whole, and your silence speaks volumes about how wrong you are in this situation.

I would suggest to those in charge of this decision to cast the same critical gaze they've placed upon tR, its leadership, and its playerbase -- upon themselves, and the leadership of CB who've been encouraging them before coming to a final decision.

Last edited:

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
Considering that the devs have stated that private servers have nothing to with the official ones and that server owners can do as they please with them, have their own rules and guidelines, i dont see any point to remove them until concrete evidence is brought up to the public of whatever the reason of the removal was. Causing a storm like this gives a really bad impression.

All of this has been gone over multiple times by multiple people, just bring the server back up until the devs come forth with a proper statement.

DaloLorn

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Okay, I think this has gone on long enough.

When I woke up and checked the forums, I found one request to lock the thread and one post reported for flaming. Honestly, after reading through all this, I'm surprised people only reported that one post - were this the STO forums, I'm reasonably confident that half of this thread would be full of massive images to the rough effect of "Moderated for flaming.".

It is one thing to be upset about what's going on here, and to express your discontent, argue for the server's relisting, etc. in a civil manner. It is quite another to throw baseless accusations, insults and threats of litigation (IMO, one or both sides would be laughed out of court if it ever got that far) in every conceivable direction, expecting that the devs won't crack down for fear of more backlash. (Incidentally, this is precisely why I'm letting everyone off with a stern warning this time; I don't want to get smacked down for being overly zealous and/or accidentally contradicting anyone's plans for this matter. Better to let a more experienced moderator take a look at it first. :p)

Things are being looked into. I can't say what the outcome will be, I'm not entirely in the loop here - but this takes time, and right now the team has bigger fish to fry. Calm down, act like mature human beings from this point onwards, and I, specifically, won't touch this thread again. Don't, and the only thing that'll be able to stop me from locking it down will be orders from above.

k4far

Banned
Donator
The forums were down for a few minutes. If there was an attack, it was likely outside agitators who would time an attack during the tR ban appeal in order to make them look bad. It wouldn't make sense for tR to do it when they're winning in the court of public opinion.

It might be just that the transfer of hosting is running out (we have created over 5000 views in an hour). Not necessarily an attack. Users of cloud flare (the service our forum is running on for protection) are harder to approach compared to mere game servers. Maybe @LoU can confirm if it was an attack.

Anyway, we know yet more. The possible guy doing the DDOSing could be reading all this. Thats pretty amazing, feasting on a community of 200 people.

Lmao.

Last edited:

LYRIC

Banned
Alsoooo, I need to clear up a rumour. I have been told/asked by many people if/that I am a member of Tr.
The honest answer is fuck.no.
Why would I be a member of theirs when being a member of "it's Lyric bitches" is by far better. I am the best member and highest ranking in my clan. Do not ask to join, it is exclusive to only people who are the best, and that is me.

k4far

Banned
Donator
That is me.

That explained nothing. Write down hundred names you are using, places where you are usually playing. I have never seen a guy going by name "lyric".

What is has to do with this case anyway?

Fair Warning to those who play on AoD servers. Talking about the tR situation in ingame chat is cause for perma ban without warning (speaking from experience)

I have some bad memories with AoD. A lot of identify stealing was going on in the past. Some trolls were wearing their tags and making fools out of people.

Always stacked teams. Too strict over nothing and tense. Not my playground of choice.
Yea this is my fifth time being banned on a AOD server. Only problem is that's where every player is and all other NA server are mostly empty

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Okay, Mace, I'm sorry, but you clearly have no concept of logic. First of all, Radiance's whole focus was to convey how bad of a decision this was and criticizing the drama that happens in MB2 right now. Your comment: "Want to help get tR unbanned? The above post is an example of what not to do," doesn't even follow at all. Radiance accurately described how wrong this situation was, and commented that the MB2 community is absolutely rooted in drama. Also, he is coming to tR's "defense" from a point of view on what is useful and beneficial to the community as a whole, pointing out the flaw of getting rid of one of the most popular servers in such a dead community, and not even caring about it being tR. You're literally shooting yourselves in the foot by getting rid of tR's servers, and you, dev team, will be the ones that drive this mod down into its grave if you keep making such childish, arrogant, irrational decisions such as this.

Mace, you then continued to demonstrate your clear lacking of the art of logic when you simply tried too hard to give a clever response to Deadlined: "Did I say he was? No? Point invalidated." Awww, you tried using the cute trick of turning someone's words back on him! The only problem is that you absolutely failed in applying. By inductive reasoning, the very fact that you responded the way you did to Radiance's post would imply that you took him as a tR member or a sympathizer. If there is one thing I can't stand, it's when people act like they're smart when they don't know what the hell they're talking about. Seriously, think before you just say something, and maybe, just maybe, someone will take it seriously.

Says the person who cannot see half the post is throwing insults, telling me I'm the one not being logical. Please. Flaming isn't allowed on the forums regardless of the rest of the content. If you're going to ignore the whole flaming part of his posts then yeah you are right about what it says. However, If you include the entire context, hes an asshole who does nothing to help the cause and just diminish the quality of discussion in the thread by flinging those insults.

Inductive reasoning? How about confirmation bias. You're taking my post and modifying its meaning, claiming you know the reason, intent, or context behind it when you didn't write it. Jesus listen to your own advice.

Last edited:

DaloLorn

Movie Battles II Team Retired
I have some bad memories with AoD. A lot of identify stealing was going on in the past. Some trolls were wearing their tags and making fools out of people.

Always stacked teams. Too strict over nothing and tense. Not my playground of choice.

Yea this is my fifth time being banned on a AOD server. Only problem is that's where every player is and all other NA server are mostly empty

Yeah, from what I've heard, AoD's admins are... overzealous, to put it mildly. If I were American, there's a decent chance that I'd either try to revive the official servers or stop playing altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.