Why did you guys remove another clan's group of servers off the master list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Removing servers off of the server list with little (or no) explanation sets a bad precedent. I hope there is a good reason behind it, not just hearsay or rumors like some in this thread have suggested.

I'm sure any reasonable person would share this sentiment.

It seems as though they're content to dish out a disproportionate sentencing and expect tR to sit patiently with their thumbs up their asses while they deliberate over 'evidence.'

If the punishment does not get over turned, it is incumbent upon the responsible parties (the devs) to elaborate specifically as to why tR is having their servers removed from the master server. This is important because if it can happen to tR, it can happen to any clan (well, maybe.) There is much confusion about what constituted the necessity behind a clan-wide ban from the master server. This sets a new precedent, as nothing this extreme has been done for such a popular group of servers, seemingly up unto this point, without rhyme or reason. It leaves a nasty taste in one's mouth seeing our community's development team get bogged down in an inconsequential drama such as this, especially when it seems they took action after hearing only one side of the story.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
I'm sure any reasonable person would share this sentiment.

It seems as though they're content to dish out a disproportionate sentencing and expect tR to sit patiently with their thumbs up their asses while they deliberate over 'evidence.'

If the punishment does not get over turned, it is incumbent upon the responsible parties (the devs) to elaborate specifically as to why tR is having their servers removed from the master server. This is important because if it can happen to tR, it can happen to any clan (well, maybe.) There is much confusion about what constituted the necessity behind a clan-wide ban from the master server. This sets a new precedent, as nothing this extreme has been done for such a popular group of servers, seemingly up unto this point, without rhyme or reason. It leaves a nasty taste in one's mouth seeing our community's development team get bogged down in an inconsequential drama such as this, especially when it seems they took action after hearing only one side of the story.

You're either one of tR's surrogates, or have no idea who the people in tR actually are, to have made such an ignorant statement. You have no idea the history that the Uppercuts have with MB2, and how long this has been in the making.

Ok so, new guy, bought the game a few days ago, with the high suggestion of a friend, and got MBII as well.

I don't know much about the crazy stuff going on beyond what I've read so far in this thread, so I'm guessing I'm doing this from an unbiased view, but there's a few points I want to just drop here.

First, the tr dudes are pretty right in the fact that the punishment should've been to the individual, not the group. Doing so not only causes a major schism (like here) but also (again, according to what I've read so far) really is making me worry if the servers that I go to, like AOD and tr, the ones I've grown fond of, would end up dead over stupid petty drama.

Second, speaking as a new person, I would like to point out that this kind of garbage in general really puts me off. I really don't like the idea of having to go into a game and dealing with people at odds with each other over stupid bullshit, and I am really am in no mood to waste my time playing a game that's full of devs, mods, players, whoever I don't care, acting like a bunch of wankers when something that's going wrong is afoot. If there's an issue with someone, they should be dealt with in private, and not involving blowing up a server group and pissing everyone off. It's bad public outlook in general, and frankly I didn't expect it much when I first started.

A last note, if the devs' idea of taking a group out because they don't like them is the proper response to a situation instead of taking off their diapers and actually discussing it with the server owners in a polite manner, and expecting the same from the serer owners (I would hope), then this mod, however long it's been lasting, will not last very much longer.

I say the people involved should just sit down and sip their tea daintily at the table, while presenting their side of the issue in a REASONABLE manner instead of just bitching like a bunch of crack babies trying to kill each other for a rock.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Ok so, new guy, bought the game a few days ago, with the high suggestion of a friend, and got MBII as well.

I don't know much about the crazy stuff going on beyond what I've read so far in this thread, so I'm guessing I'm doing this from an unbiased view, but there's a few points I want to just drop here.

First, the tr dudes are pretty right in the fact that the punishment should've been to the individual, not the group. Doing so not only causes a major schism (like here) but also (again, according to what I've read so far) really is making me worry if the servers that I go to, like AOD and tr, the ones I've grown fond of, would end up dead over stupid petty drama.

Second, speaking as a new person, I would like to point out that this kind of garbage in general really puts me off. I really don't like the idea of having to go into a game and dealing with people at odds with each other over stupid bullshit, and I am really am in no mood to waste my time playing a game that's full of devs, mods, players, whoever I don't care, acting like a bunch of wankers when something that's going wrong is afoot. If there's an issue with someone, they should be dealt with in private, and not involving blowing up a server group and pissing everyone off. It's bad public outlook in general, and frankly I didn't expect it much when I first started.

A last note, if the devs' idea of taking a group out because they don't like them is the proper response to a situation instead of taking off their diapers and actually discussing it with the server owners in a polite manner, and expecting the same from the serer owners (I would hope), then this mod, however long it's been lasting, will not last very much longer.

I say the people involved should just sit down and sip their tea daintily at the table, while presenting their side of the issue in a REASONABLE manner instead of just bitching like a bunch of crack babies trying to kill each other for a rock.

You're either one of tR's surrogates, or have no idea who the people in tR actually are, to have made such an ignorant statement. You have no idea the history that the Uppercuts have with MB2, and how long this has been in the making.

eezstreet

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Instead of spamming the same thing over and over, would you care to explain why? I don't know much about the situation, but from an outsider looking in, it looks very bad.

Repeating statements to two different people is confusing and very stupid.

I've already stated I've only played this game for three or four days and I'm not too queue'd into the whole drama llama stampede. I am merely pointing out the obvious in a thread that is just degenerating into "Fuck you no FUCK YOU" kind of cancer.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Instead of spamming the same thing over and over, would you care to explain why? I don't know much about the situation, but from an outsider looking in, it looks very bad.

The Uppercuts have been plaguing MB2 for years. They are unbannable trolls that cause chaos in countless servers. If you do ban them, they simply VPN and continue. They recently formed this tR which I really didn't care about for a while until their cancerous behavior began leaking into other servers/clans. Not to mention, they recruit just about anyone foolish enough to ask, and have been corrupting new players entering MB2 turning them into more or less the same personality.

This is the best method of punishing the uppercuts, and making sure that they stop spreading. They did it to themselves, and have been warned/ban-on-sight for years. Now they can go back underground where they belong, until someone figures out how to ban them from MB2 forever.

The only NA clan left will be AOD with 20 players on max.
(and mandos)
Look, I'm sorry, but you're essentially associating the entirety of tR with trolls and little demon-spawns. While it's probably true, it's entirely unfair to group an entire clan by the actions of a few. If you don't like their servers, just don't play on them. Don't force other people to look through the world with your sunshine and rainbows goggles. If new players like it, they'll stay. If not, they'll leave. There are a vast numbers of servers still online, populated, especially on a 15 year old game.

Now, my 2 cents on this entire thing. This is a bad precedent. If one is to remove a group of servers from the master list like this, there needs to be negotiation and notification first.

The Uppercuts have been plaguing MB2 for years. They are unbannable trolls that cause chaos in countless servers. If you do ban them, they simply VPN and continue. They recently formed this tR which I really didn't care about for a while until their cancerous behavior began leaking into other servers/clans. Not to mention, they recruit just about anyone foolish enough to ask, and have been corrupting new players entering MB2 turning them into more or less the same personality.

This is the best method of punishing the uppercuts, and making sure that they stop spreading. They did it to themselves, and have been warned/ban-on-sight for years. Now they can go back underground where they belong, until someone figures out how to ban them from MB2 forever.
Ok, so these uppercuts and tR...

Do you have any formal evidence of this? I mean I'm pretty curious myself now.

Repeating statements to two different people is confusing and very stupid.

I've already stated I've only played this game for three or four days and I'm not too queue'd into the whole drama llama stampede. I am merely pointing out the obvious in a thread that is just degenerating into "F**k you no F**k YOU" kind of cancer.

I welcome you to the community. I swear this kind of thing only happens once in a blue moon. Hopefully it will be resolved soon and everything will be fine.

Please disregard what Achilles says, he's emotionally invested in destroying tR because it is a more popular clan than his, and if you examine anything he's said in this thread it's been nothing but triggered ad hominem. If anyone has been shitting this thread up with toxic flame, it's him.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Look, I'm sorry, but you're essentially associating the entirety of tR with trolls and little demon-spawns. While it's probably true, it's entirely unfair to group an entire clan by the actions of a few. If you don't like their servers, just don't play on them. Don't force other people to look through the world with your sunshine and rainbows goggles. If new players like it, they'll stay. If not, they'll leave. There are a vast numbers of servers still online, populated, especially on a 15 year old game.

Now, my 2 cents on this entire thing. This is a bad precedent. If one is to remove a group of servers from the master list like this, there needs to be negotiation and notification first.

That is precisely why this action was helpful. Because we don't want to associate the innocent with the guilty by way of clan. By destroying tR, the innocent will find better places to go, whilst the guilty will be forced to remain under-ground. This will separate them, rather than allow them to remain in the mixing pot that was an 'official clan'.

I welcome you to the community. I swear this kind of thing only happens once in a blue moon. Hopefully it will be resolved soon and everything will be fine.

Please disregard what Achilles says, he's emotionally invested in destroying tR because it is a more popular clan, and if you examine anything he's said in this thread it's been nothing but triggered ad hominem. If anyone has been shitting this thread up with toxic flame, it's him.

Well that explains who one of the Uppercut surrogates is.

That is precisely why this action was helpful. Because we don't want to associate the innocent with the guilty by way of clan. By destroying tR, the innocent will find better places to go, whilst the guilty will be forced to remain under-ground. This will separate them, rather than allow them to remain in the mixing pot that was an 'official clan'.

If they wanted to join another clan that wasn't tR, they would have. Stop forcing people to look through your lollipops, sunshine, and rainbows goggles. Give people free will, or the people will rebel.

Yes but in doing so it had scattered the innocent you claimed to save out all over the place. You literally dropped a nuke with good intentions.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
If they wanted to join another clan that wasn't tR, they would have. Stop forcing people to look through your lollipops, sunshine, and rainbows goggles. Give people free will, or the people will rebel.

So let a festering cesspool like tR continue because some morons do not know any better? I'd rather clean the wound of such bacteria and be done with it. The people have countless other choices.

This thread is filled with people that either have no idea of the history of the Uppercuts and are defending them through sheer ignorance, or are simply a surrogate mouth/alt account of the tR clowns. This decision was made on behalf of the community by the devs, and as far as I'm aware, this is the first time this has ever happened. So if you are so imbecilic as to not understand the implications of this decision, and so blindly rush to the defense of people who are parasitic trolls, then perhaps you do not deserve an explanation.

This is absolutely cowardly. This sort of shit is what kills game communities. Let it be known that all tR members are welcome to use mandos server until this is resolved.

If you are willing to take a major damaging step towards a group like this, you should at least balls up and reveal yourself and your reasons.

So let a festering cesspool like tR continue because some morons do not know any better? I'd rather clean the wound of such bacteria and be done with it. The people have countless other choices.

This thread is filled with people that either have no idea of the history of the Uppercuts and are defending them through sheer ignorance, or are simply a surrogate mouth/alt account of the tR clowns. This decision was made on behalf of the community by the devs, and as far as I'm aware, this is the first time this has ever happened. So if you are so imbecilic as to not understand the implications of this decision, and so blindly rush to the defense of people who are parasitic trolls, then perhaps you do not deserve an explanation.
From what I'm reading based on what you yourself say, you are clearly biased against tR for whatever reason you have. At this point your word means jack shit. I want someone who actually knows what's going on.

Yes, entirely. Calling the people that you are trying to "save" "morons", is quite counterintuitive, don't you think? You're pouring sulfuric acid on a paper cut. I'd kindly advise against it. Honestly, they have two or three choices. AOD, and on a good day, Mandos. (or BG in EU). Killing a populated server, (which by the way, is quite often populated even without tR members online), is asinine.

Your rush to bias and personal attacks against members just for wearing a tag is also asinine, and completely unfit for someone who is representing the MB2 dev group.

I agree that members of tR have done things that should not be acceptable. (Such as VPN dodging, that should stop). But if you think that the actions of three or four of them is enough to destroy a thriving community, maybe I'm not the imbecile.

Apparently anyone who defends tR, IS TR >:OOO --- Lol, you must be a psychopath.

I defend anyone who's being unfairly treated, sir. I'd do the same for any one, even you. I'd respect it if you'd remain civil.

- - -

To further elaborate what I meant by calling you a flamer, here is a small collection of quotes from you in this thread alone.

I'm sorry if I missed some good examples, I got bored after combing for 5.

- - -

tR members can act like human beings when things hurt them. I'm impressed.

tR is a thorn in the side of the community. It promotes trolling, and harms it as a whole.

the vast majority of tR are scumbags, and I feel this is a fitting punishment.

Perhaps in the future, you can learn to keep control over your members/server, so that you aren't the equivalent of a garbage bag of tumors. Anarchy has consequences.

Spin it all you like, but your childish actions brought you here.

You must be blind, or stupid

M

Mooch

Achilles (Dooku/Altroll) has had a few bad experiences by being trolled super hard so as usual he complains on the forums as an outlet like he always does and uses all his bad experiences for a reason to remove a clan's servers ( that were paid for ) because he is probably the most thin skinned person in MB2. Don't listen to a guy like him because I sure don't because everything that comes out of his mouth is usually bitter saltiness at mb2 gameplay design or hurt feelings from being trolled.

Status
Not open for further replies.