What grinds your gears in mb Il?

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
I think of classes in a tier list, because they feel like they're in a tier list

S+ Tier: Clone

A Tier: Hero

B Tier: Wookiee/Bounty hunter/SBD/Jedi-Sith/Mandolorian/Soldier (with nades)

C Tier: Elite Trooper/Commander/Arc

Trash tier: Soldier (without nades)

Soldier without nades is the best, what are you smoking.

I think each class has it's pros and cons, some classes do well against others and others do not.

But every class can kill each other, it just takes practice.

If it was easy to kill everyone with every class, whats the purpose of having classes at all? leave just one and give different weapons according to the build selected.

This pretty much, you can get called ''OP'' on any class due to many factors, skill/strategy/maps/knowledge.

Preston

Nerd
Just go to his profile -> ignore.
Good idea, can we make it where when someone makes a new account on the forums that an icon or something pops up and says
"Would you like to ignore Achilles?"
That would be a pretty cool feature imo.

C:\\Goliath\\Database accessed.
Greatestclassthreat = "Wookiee"
"Wookiee" is resistant to blasters. Distance must be kept between us at all times.

Last edited:
You know what grinds my gears? Straws. Straws in open glasses. They never stay down. The end always floats up and falls out of the glass.
Now this isn't an issue if the glass is tall enough. But if you're chilling, laying back at home, you're using meduim sized glasses or regular ones. They're kind of mug size.

But you can't enjoy it. Because if you leave it, take your eyes off it, boom, it happens again. The constant care and maintenance. It's worse than watching kids. Those you can just chain outside in the backyard. But straws in open glasses? Nope.

So why the fuck are there no weighed straws? Straws that are heavier on one end to prevent this madness? Did no one think of it? Convenience is big bucks and right now I am inconvenienced.

Which brings me to the other problem. Carbonated beverages, sodas....fresh and bubbly, taste great, best right when opened...a complete disaster if you're wearing glasses at the time. Regular glasses, shades....why do I need to wear contacts just to drink? To avoid the mini-explosions jumping out from the surface of my glass?

Which...is why I use a straw at times. But then...we're back to where we started. The fucking straw, needs more attention than a crying baby.
Jesus fucking Christ.

Grinds my gears.

Next week I'll discuss using oil in pans to make food and why you shouldnt lock yourself out when theres oil bubbling in the pan and how to climb through windows.

AaronAaron

Donator
Achilles is the best thing about this forum. Every time i log on, I always hope that i see the KNOWLEDGE of Achilles <3

I need to add pit defenders and time-wasting trolls to things that grind my gears now.

Thank Czostek for that.

Zed

Purple's front attack seems to miss people who have been thrown to the ground half the time

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Purple's front attack seems to miss people who have been thrown to the ground half the time
Passthrough. If you raise the server's sv_fps to 40, it will occur much less often (though it won't totally disappear). Servers are usually at sv_fps 20 which is a mistake.

A certain "admin" of a certain "FUN server" that just want one map, teamkill and cancel vote if they don't suit him. :)

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
If you do a overhead swing with any style other than blue, you are doing it wrong.

You do realize that the W/S swings on most styles have a faster hitbox activation time of any other swing, and for some reason the chained swing after a W on Purple causes the combo to be faster, also it is another attack angle to get around good pblockers.

You do realize that the W/S swings on most styles have a faster hitbox activation time of any other swing, and for some reason the chained swing after a W on Purple causes the combo to be faster, also it is another attack angle to get around good pblockers.
You do realize A, W and D are the worst swings vs good pblockers?

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
You do realize A, W and D are the worst swings vs good pblockers?

At point blank W hits almost instantly, on almost every single style except Staff/Red, A is a half swing, so... I hope you know how to use that, and D is just another swing? Honestly anything is a bad swing if your opponent can predict it. The easiest swing for me to mblock is WA, which almost everyone uses quite often. Use what your opponent doesn't expect. Don't cut out swings from your arsenal, then you just make it easier for them to pblock you.

Kael is probably the best pblocker I know of (and I've fought pretty much all of the current 'top tier' EU/NA duelists, so I know what I'm talking about in terms of who is good) and yet the most consistent swing I can land on him is W, and D, because he doesn't expect them.

Also, D and A are probably the best swings to avoid being mblocked on Red, because the windups look almost identical to the diagonal swings.

Although that won't really matter with the imbecilic changes coming in 1.4, as with nudge you can just spam WA 4 times if you want and be as unpredictable as ease will allow. Because Devs believe skill is all about how many times you can pblock an opponent before they decide to kill themselves from boredom.

Last edited:
Fucking backdash made by the hero. It's near impossible to get on them. EACH TIME they dash in there back and completly dodge the attack like crazy, the worst is during that time they can still attack you can you just can't get a shot on them.

Even worst since the possibility to cancel the attack of a sith/jedi by firing on him.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Fucking backdash made by the hero. It's near impossible to get on them. EACH TIME they dash in there back and completly dodge the attack like crazy, the worst is during that time they can still attack you can you just can't get a shot on them.

Even worst since the possibility to cancel the attack of a sith/jedi by firing on him.
Pull is pretty good or cornering the hero so he just doesn't get away when you push. You can in most cases predict when the dash happens, and even if you don't you can get a pull/push in with decent reaction skills. Also lighting helps.

Sith/jedi players that are 0/10 and refuse to play anything else, and refuse to put what the team needs over their own needs.
If the team needs a particular class, im willing to play it and support everyone else.
People just don't understand you can't solve something throwing the same thing at it over and over.
I suck at everything but Jedi and melee.

Help me.