What grinds your gears in mb Il?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz, clones can't bounce blobs off walls. Blobs aren't the only knockdowns in this game. Nor the most dangerous.

Land a blob, land a nade, land a push, land a kick, a slap, shocking what happens to the poor soul lying on the ground.

If you take a soldier, use whatever tactics you like, a Wookiee will stomp him assuming equal skill in aiming. To fire, you have to expose yourself, fun fact.

Fun Fact. They're huge targets. They move slower.
But then, when you live in a fantasy where no one ever misses, since thats equal aiming skill right:)
Oh heavens, what is a poor soldier to do. Use his nades and 3 lives to even it out:)

Because it's just about the guns:( That's racist. Is it because they're black?

Last edited:

Preston

Nerd
You can get Hull 2, Firepower 2, Battery 3, and a nice armor bonus just fine, which is pretty much all you need to deal with any class other than a good hero, or a mediocre gloan with ion.

A Wookiee killing 3 anything isn't balanced, you realize? Think of the skill it takes to kill 3 Jedi simultaneously as a Commander with E-11, then compare it to perma-kiting Sith as Wook until they screw up enough for you to kill them.

Oh, I'm sorry, 2,000 hours on P3 classes. Better?

And believe me, none of those suggestions work against good gloans, with decent teams.

Blob is an instant kill on pretty much any class beyond Sith/SBD. Land blob, shoot, kill. Enemy stormy squad rushes you down? Charge ion, blob them in hallway, shoot them all, 4 kills.

Oh I'm sure, in a 1v1 situation, it is so easy to kill any class, as long as you have a better class.

Movement speed, weapon damage, and tankiness. Seems like I went over that. Strategies mean absolutely nothing when every class can essentially employ the same, disregarding Gloans/Mandos/Arcs/Sabers

If you take a soldier, use whatever tactics you like, a Wookiee will stomp him assuming equal skill in aiming. To fire, you have to expose yourself, fun fact.
No, not 2,000 hours on p3 classes lol. Jeez your so ignorant it makes me almost cringe. And believe me, those suggestions, if used properly will easily kill a Clone, yes even with multiple clones. Idk if youre using the same technique as what I meant when I wrote it down, its hardish to explain. Believe it or not Achilles, but you don't have the most experience out of everyone else in this game. You think the classes are like a tier system, and this is why you won't be able to see these things.

oh and "A Wookiee killing 3 anything isn't balanced you realize?" A rage Wookied is seriously the absolute easiest thing to deal with as a Sith. So if you kill 3 Sith as a Wook within seconds, the Sith are just awful. And guess what a TD can kill a whole team in 1 try, and takes no skill. A Jedi can kill 3 gunners easily in like 2 seconds if they are close to each other, just like a rage wook. The thing that you have to realize about mb2 is, literally every class, and everything in mb2 is op in the right hands. That's also why everything is balanced.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
No, not 2,000 hours on p3 classes lol. Jeez your so ignorant it makes me almost cringe. And believe me, those suggestions, if used properly will easily kill a Clone, yes even with multiple clones. Idk if youre using the same technique as what I meant when I wrote it down, its hardish to explain. Believe it or not Achilles, but you don't have the most experience out of everyone else in this game. You think the classes are like a tier system, and this is why you won't be able to see these things.

I used the 'hop' technique quite often to avoid blobs, with spamming pull (which is what most 'decent' anti-gunner Jedi/Sith do anyway), and it was substantially less effective than just running into their face with lightning 2 and cyaning them before they can fire. And against multiple gloans, with jedi support? You lose. Could be the worst jedi in history, but if he knows how to use Push 3, you lose.

oh and "A Wookiee killing 3 anything isn't balanced you realize?" A rage Wookied is seriously the absolute easiest thing to deal with as a Sith. So if you kill 3 Sith as a Wook within seconds, the Sith are just awful. And guess what a TD can kill a whole team in 1 try, and takes no skill. A Jedi can kill 3 gunners easily in like 2 seconds if they are close to each other, just like a rage wook. The thing that you have to realize about mb2 is, literally every class, and everything in mb2 is op in the right hands. That's also why everything is balanced.

Yes, as a Sith. I was referring to as a gunner. A raged wookiee is impossible to deal with as a GUNNER, unless you're mando and can just jetpack away, which I might add, Bowcaster is the ultimate anti-air battery for Mandos.

So tell me, how does a soldier with no nades, skill 3 Jedi by himself?

I think of classes in a tier list, because they feel like they're in a tier list

S+ Tier: Clone

A Tier: Hero

B Tier: Wookiee/Bounty hunter/SBD/Jedi-Sith/Mandolorian/Soldier (with nades)

C Tier: Elite Trooper/Commander/Arc

Trash tier: Soldier (without nades)

These are based both on my experiences in using them, and my experiences in fighting them. Which should even up any 'discrepancies' with my play style you could imagine. I am more successful with Clone P2, than I am with Soldier E-11.

Preston

Nerd
I used the 'hop' technique quite often to avoid blobs, with spamming pull (which is what most 'decent' anti-gunner Jedi/Sith do anyway), and it was substantially less effective than just running into their face with lightning 2 and cyaning them before they can fire. And against multiple gloans, with jedi support? You lose. Could be the worst jedi in history, but if he knows how to use Push 3, you lose.

Yes, as a Sith. I was referring to as a gunner. A raged wookiee is impossible to deal with as a GUNNER, unless you're mando and can just jetpack away, which I might add, Bowcaster is the ultimate anti-air battery for Mandos.

So tell me, how does a soldier with no nades, skill 3 Jedi by himself?

I think of classes in a tier list, because they feel like they're in a tier list

These are based both on my experiences in using them, and my experiences in fighting them. Which should even up any 'discrepancies' with my play style you could imagine. I am more successful with Clone P2, than I am with Soldier E-11.
Then you must be pretty bad with soldier rofl. cause ive seen ur clone p2, its not the best. But you honestly dont think a soldier with e11 can skill 3 jedi? wtf rofl

Kid this isn't smash. The classes are designed to have multiple play-styles minus a few exceptions.
Not everyone will always play a class the same way.

Last edited:

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
Red instant kills sbds all the goddamn time. You shut your mouth and learn the game.
My typical anti-jedi SBD build is Hull 3, FP2, Batt 3, Adv Log 1, Cortosis and I can always survive at least one red hit. Generally takes 2 to kill, pretty sure you can even survive the 2nd hit if you have time to recharge your battery before the hit.

Unless I'm playing a stationary FP3 build, I pretty much always grab battery 3 because of how crucial it is in reducing damage in combo with the armors. TBH, I really dislike how battery works, FP2 at minimum is a mandatory purchase. Battery mechanics could really use an overhaul.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Then you must be pretty bad with soldier rofl. cause ive seen ur clone p2, its not the best. But you honestly dont think a soldier with e11 can skill 3 jedi? wtf rofl

So going positive almost every game, and even 20-2 against a team of entirely gunners, is bad with P2? Well, I'd love to see how you use Clone P2 then, must be amazing.

No. I don't think a soldier with E-11 can kill 3 competent jedi simultaneously. Infact I don't think a soldier can kill one competent Jedi without grenades.

I also enjoy how you ignored the other points.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
My typical anti-jedi SBD build is Hull 3, FP2, Batt 3, Adv Log 1, Cortosis and I can always survive at least one red hit. Generally takes 2 to kill, pretty sure you can even survive the 2nd hit if you have time to recharge your battery before the hit.

Unless I'm playing a stationary FP3 build, I pretty much always grab battery 3 because of how crucial it is in reducing damage in combo with the armors. TBH, I really dislike how battery works, FP2 at minimum is a mandatory purchase. Battery mechanics could really use an overhaul.

Whole class could use an overhaul, along with a few others. I'd love to be able to use the SBD from Republic Commando, rather than a wobbling penguin robot with the ability to sustain saber swings, for some reason.

Preston

Nerd
So going positive almost every game, and even 20-2 against a team of entirely gunners, is bad with P2? Well, I'd love to see how you use Clone P2 then, must be amazing.

No. I don't think a soldier with E-11 can kill 3 competent jedi simultaneously. Infact I don't think a soldier can kill one competent Jedi without grenades.

K/D doesnt really mean anything. playing against noobs with p2 doesnt make you a boss, sry m8. And you are dead wrong about the soldier thing thats its laughable. Ask anyone that has played this game a decent amount of time.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
K/D doesnt really mean anything. playing against noobs with p2 doesnt make you a boss, sry m8. And you are dead wrong about the soldier thing thats its laughable. Ask anyone that has played this game a decent amount of time.

Better be careful, Preston, if you keep using logical fallacies in you arguments, your face will freeze that way. Or something or other.

Preston

Nerd
Better be careful, Preston, if you keep using logical fallacies in you arguments, your face will freeze that way. Or something or other.
Saying that a soldier can't beat even 1 single Jedi that is competent is honestly that stupidest thing I have heard in a while. Sorry to say but it's true. I honestly can't even believe that you're this, well no other way to say it but. Stupid

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Saying that a soldier can't beat even 1 single Jedi that is competent is honestly that stupidest thing I have heard in a while. Sorry to say but it's true. I honestly can't even believe that you're this, well no other way to say it but. Stupid

So you think a soldier with no nades can defeat a competent Jedi. Well, I mean, I guess if the Jedi is at 0 FP, only has 20 health, and mistimes a swing... maybe?

I think you might be confusing what I mean by 'competent' Jedi. *You* are what I would consider a competent Jedi. Not great, but not bad either. Right there in the middle. So you're telling me that you'd get shit on by a soldier with E-11 and no nades?

Preston

Nerd
So you think a soldier with no nades can defeat a competent Jedi. Well, I mean, I guess if the Jedi is at 0 FP, only has 20 health, and mistimes a swing... maybe?

I think you might be confusing what I mean by 'competent' Jedi. *You* are what I would consider a competent Jedi. Not great, but not bad either. Right there in the middle. So you're telling me that you'd get shit on by a soldier with E-11 and no nades?
Lol, pulling out da smack talk now, and no I don't think a soldier without nades can kill a competent jedi. I know this. This is something that is litteraly so stupid that it has to be a joke. I sincerely hope you are just trolling Achilles, because if you aren't, then Theres no reason to continue this conversation. Because if you are really as unintelligent as you sound. And I mean really as horribly stupid as you make yourself out to be, then theres nothing that I, or anyone could possibly do to change your mind, that is somewhere hidden in your very thick skull. And I ask you this Achilles, do you consider yourself competent? Because I remember steam rolling you as a alias with soldier and no nades... if you want we can do it again over the weekend. Maybe this time we cam actually arrange you being a jedi and me being a soldier and see how that turns out lmao.

Money on Preston.o_O

Why do ppl keep humoring this nonsense? Because he keeps arguing? Doesn't let it go or admit defeat? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Big talker, little else.

No, you don't need nades to kill a jedi. Soldiers, ets, whatever. You can aim, you can dance, you can drain, 'nuff said.
And that's not even touching the fact that this is a team game. Killing potential of soldiers, or any gunner for that matter, bah, why bother.

Getting sucked into a pointless argument with some zombie that will just repeat the same garbage.
Grinds my gears. :p

Money on Preston.o_O

Why do ppl keep humoring this nonsense? Because he keeps arguing? Doesn't let it go or admit defeat? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Big talker, little else.

No, you don't need nades to kill a jedi. Soldiers, ets, whatever. You can aim, you can dance, you can drain, 'nuff said.
And that's not even touching the fact that this is a team game. Killing potential of soldiers, or any gunner for that matter, bah, why bother.

Getting sucked into a pointless argument with some zombie that will just repeat the same garbage.
You can only ignore the town drunk for so long.
Vomiting in the well is when people start getting pissed.

I played SBD quite a lot in my mb2 career over the last year I've been here (well I played all the classes but wookiee because A] I dislike it's general playstyle, which made me rage quite a lot when being victim of it and B] Fury in it's current 1.3 state is broken af) And I can say that SBD can't just go battery 3, firepower 3, magnetic plating, cortosis, hull 3.

You either go hull 3, cort, battery 2, fire power 2, blast armor and use your health vs gunners and cortosis vs red style and die in 2 saberhits (which doesn't matter how many times a jedi hits you, if the first red swing has hit you, he will crouch-combo the other two 99% of the times, effectively killing you as if you were a mere health 3 wookiee that also has to worry about the battery and runs even slower.) Or you Either forget cortosis and hull 3 completely and go hull 2 magnetic plating, battery 2, ammo 1 (or adv logic), fire power 2. That way you resist and tank your way with gunners but be unable to run away and die instantly against jedis (except maybe blue/cyanstyle because blue is blue and cyan is fucking ninja)

Preston

Nerd
Money on Preston.o_O

Big talker, little else.

For me atleast, it's a mix of I just can't see someone say something that is so incorrect and stupid about something that I know quite well. And I dont want new players to see someobe like Achilles and think "Oh maybe it is the games fault that I keep dying, I quit this game sucks and is broken"

Sylar

Donator
I think each class has it's pros and cons, some classes do well against others and others do not.

But every class can kill each other, it just takes practice.

If it was easy to kill everyone with every class, whats the purpose of having classes at all? leave just one and give different weapons according to the build selected.

Last edited: