What grinds your gears in mb Il?

So basically, everybody whose French?

Grinds my gears when this type of stereotypical bigotry is allowed to continue. A pox on you, for you, sir, are no gentleman.
More like a ladyboy:)

What grinds my gears is when i am playing a game, and all i hear is "THERE''S TOO MANY OF THEM!!!!!" "THERE''S TOO MANY OF THEM!!!!!!" "THERE''S TOO MANY OF THEM!!!!!" "RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

You must be new here, see you should be spamming voice commands non stop for every single round.
Otherwise you are failing to communicate information with your team.

So basically, everybody whose French?

Grinds my gears when this type of stereotypical bigotry is allowed to continue. A pox on you, for you, sir, are no gentleman.
More like a ladyboy:)
But a contradiction is found, that you say all French drink. You say you hate yourself then? Or do I misread the situation?

It grinds my gears that there's over 50 maps and "we" decide to play 1. Five other maps if we're lucky.
About 70% of the time it's DotF. Otherwise, it's the same old bread and butter of Lunarbase, Cloudcity, Commtower, Deathstar, or Jedi temple.
There's plenty of other fun maps to play, like Kamino, Jabba, Smuggler, Coruscant Chase, Enclave, Echobase, Tatooine, Theed and Mustafar. Granted some aren't suitable for all population sizes, yet at the same time we ought to play them at least sometimes .Then there's the CMP that hardly anyone plays, which has such gems as Snowfacility, Theedstreets, Raxus, Endor, HotFo, and Cislabs.

It's not like people in the past haven't tried to form their own clans that do fun things. There have been several throughout this mod's history who've seen great success. However, regardless of how good they are, how kind and skilled their members are, how responsive they are to their community, and how creative they are content wise, they simply can't compete with the DotF only servers, due to the very nature of people and that map.

If new content, in the form of maps, can't keep being made, the only new content will be new models and sabering changes. People have had it with sabering changes, and there's only so many models you can put in. If all we're doing is playing the same map for nearly a decade and complaining about sabering, this mod has reached absolute content death. What point is there for the developers to continue making this game? No matter the quality of the map it won't be played. Sabering changes will only confuse new players and make veterans angry. Models will be fun for a week and grow stale once they're used to. Where can this mod go if DotF is the place it's stuck at? MBII might as well be considered dead even if it's technically still going, because it has none of the spirit it used to.

If clans can't compete with the DotF only servers, and the developers refuse to stop people from making one map only servers, then there's nothing anyone can do to make this game truly enjoyable again.

It grinds my gears that there's over 50 maps and "we" decide to play 1. Five other maps if we're lucky.
About 70% of the time it's DotF. Otherwise, it's the same old bread and butter of Lunarbase, Cloudcity, Commtower, Deathstar, or Jedi temple.
There's plenty of other fun maps to play, like Kamino, Jabba, Smuggler, Coruscant Chase, Enclave, Echobase, Tatooine, Theed and Mustafar. Granted some aren't suitable for all population sizes, yet at the same time we ought to play them at least sometimes .Then there's the CMP that hardly anyone plays, which has such gems as Snowfacility, Theedstreets, Raxus, Endor, HotFo, and Cislabs.

It's not like people in the past haven't tried to form their own clans that do fun things. There have been several throughout this mod's history who've seen great success. However, regardless of how good they are, how kind and skilled their members are, how responsive they are to their community, and how creative they are content wise, they simply can't compete with the DotF only servers, due to the very nature of people and that map.

If new content, in the form of maps, can't keep being made, the only new content will be new models and sabering changes. People have had it with sabering changes, and there's only so many models you can put in. If all we're doing is playing the same map for nearly a decade and complaining about sabering, this mod has reached absolute content death. What point is there for the developers to continue making this game? No matter the quality of the map it won't be played. Sabering changes will only confuse new players and make veterans angry. Models will be fun for a week and grow stale once they're used to. Where can this mod go if DotF is the place it's stuck at? MBII might as well be considered dead even if it's technically still going, because it has none of the spirit it used to.

If clans can't compete with the DotF only servers, and the developers refuse to stop people from making one map only servers, then there's nothing anyone can do to make this game truly enjoyable again.

DOTF 24/7 servers were always there and populated. It is the best and most balanced map this game has. Every other map has flaws like IMP/REB bias or other problems.
I mean of course the maps can't be perfect when you have to do it mostly about the movies. But coming with the argument that CMP maps aren't played often enough in open is just plain stupid because they are just not good.
RTV servers are populated often enough(as of right now for example) and the good maps get rotated often enough.
And yes, this game needs more good maps.

DOTF 24/7 servers were always there and populated. It is the best and most balanced map this game has. Every other map has flaws like IMP/REB bias or other problems.
I mean of course the maps can't be perfect when you have to do it mostly about the movies. But coming with the argument that CMP maps aren't played often enough in open is just plain stupid because they are just not good.
RTV servers are populated often enough(as of right now for example) and the good maps get rotated often enough.
And yes, this game needs more good maps.

Saying that DotF is the best map requires an objective measure of what a good map is, and we don't have one. It certainly is a good and balanced map, but it's far from perfect. It has glaring flaws such as rebs timewasting by hangar camping, catwalk trolling, never ending chases in the gen room, odd spawns leading to backdoor hack victories, and imps spawn trapping the rebs. You might even argue those aren't flaws, but in doing so you admit that good maps are subjective.

Plus, fun is what matters in the end. You could have perfect balance and still have a boring map. A bit of asymmetry is what this game was built on, and you can see that in the class selection. Therefore, even the "unbalanced" or "one-sided" maps can be fun, and in some cases, are even more so than DotF because of the variety of situations that can arise. For example, in mb2_jabba, the defenders have 3 choices of how to protect Jabba (generally.) They can either take him down the prison path or long path for him to escape, or bring him behind the curtains to protect him while time runs out. However, there's still a fourth option, where Jabba can be taken down the rancor pit for a speedy victory (or get eaten.) What are the tactics in DotF? Defend the hallway, attack the rebel spawn, or defend the throne. There's very little variety here.

Also, the CMP maps I noted were the most fun (in my opinion, and by that of those I've played with.) I also forgot doomgiver and arena. You're right that some CMP maps are low quality. At the same time however, some are very high quality and very fun, and a shame to not be seen even on rare occasions. I never argued that I wanted the entire CMP played.

RTV servers being populated "often enough" is also subjective and also based on region. DotF is still being played more than RTV or rotation servers on both continents, which is pretty silly considering its only one map and unending repetition is boring. At the same time, US servers hardly get any RTV played, nor even rotation servers. The breadth of good content isn't seen, not even by half. New content wouldn't make a difference if old content isn't being played either.

And no, DotF servers were never "always" there and "always" populated, it only seems that way. When MBII first started, map spamming wasn't half as big of a thing. Originally they were joke servers doing things like Tantive IV 24/7, since that map was just a hallway back then. The original Cloudcity was one of the first maps that had the 24/7 treatment, but that ended when the map was no longer officially supported. Then server owners did the same thing with DotF when it was released, and over time, DotF replaced the old cloudcity. People have little memory of these things now, but that's the way it was.

Last edited:
Saying that DotF is the best map requires an objective measure of what a good map is, and we don't have one. It certainly is a good and balanced map, but it's far from perfect. It has glaring flaws such as rebs timewasting by hangar camping, catwalk trolling, never ending chases in the gen room, odd spawns leading to backdoor hack victories, and imps spawn trapping the rebs. You might even argue those aren't flaws, but in doing so you admit that good maps are subjective.

Plus, fun is what matters in the end. You could have perfect balance and still have a boring map. A bit of asymmetry is what this game was built on, and you can see that in the class selection. Therefore, even the "unbalanced" or "one-sided" maps can be fun, and in some cases, are even more so than DotF because of the variety of situations that can arise. For example, in mb2_jabba, the defenders have 3 choices of how to protect Jabba (generally.) They can either take him down the prison path or long path for him to escape, or bring him behind the curtains to protect him while time runs out. However, there's still a fourth option, where Jabba can be taken down the rancor pit for a speedy victory (or get eaten.) What are the tactics in DotF? Defend the hallway, attack the rebel spawn, or defend the throne. There's very little variety here.

Also, the CMP maps I noted were the most fun (in my opinion, and by that of those I've played with.) I also forgot doomgiver and arena. You're right that some CMP maps are low quality. At the same time however, some are very high quality and very fun, and a shame to not be seen even on rare occasions. I never argued that I wanted the entire CMP played.

RTV servers being populated "often enough" is also subjective and also based on region. DotF is still being played more than RTV or rotation servers on both continents, which is pretty silly considering its only one map and unending repetition is boring. At the same time, US servers hardly get any RTV played, nor even rotation servers. The breadth of good content isn't seen, not even by half. New content wouldn't make a difference if old content isn't being played either.

And no, DotF servers were never "always" there and "always" populated, it only seems that way. When MBII first started, map spamming wasn't half as big of a thing. Originally they were joke servers doing things like Tantive IV 24/7, since that map was just a hallway back then. The original Cloudcity was one of the first maps that had the 24/7 treatment, but that ended when the map was no longer officially supported. Then server owners did the same thing with DotF when it was released, and over time, DotF replaced the old cloudcity. People have little memory of these things now, but that's the way it was.
My favorite thing about jabba is that with 25+ players, jabba dies before imps can do anything if rebs hurry up. Very fun map indeed. The objective itself is very flawed and Jabba is maybe the worst map in the official map pool.

My favorite thing about jabba is that with 25+ players, jabba dies before imps can do anything if rebs hurry up. Very fun map indeed. The objective itself is very flawed and Jabba is maybe the worst map in the official map pool.
You can read can't you? I keep having to repeat myself.

"Granted some [maps] aren't suitable for all population sizes, yet at the same time we ought to play them at least sometimes."
Jabba is one of those maps. It's fun on lower pops, but a disastrous clusterfuck on high pops. It's fun to play sometimes, yet not all of the time. Should we play it? Yes! Should we do it all the time? No!

There are over 50 maps?!?!? I thought there was only 20! But if this is true, then what the hell are all these other maps? I have only seen about 2-3 of the ones you mentioned, and still I only played them less then ten times each. I think I may have heard that one of the next big things the dev's are doing is related to maps, but that seems useless if there are really over 50 maps and a person who has been playing for almost two months hasn't even seen much more then 15.

no comprende
You must play with the wrong people or have never played them to proper pop. They all break the mold of hallway shooter maps so mi comprende why u no comprende.

There are over 50 maps?!?!? I thought there was only 20! But if this is true, then what the hell are all these other maps? I have only seen about 2-3 of the ones you mentioned, and still I only played them less then ten times each. I think I may have heard that one of the next big things the dev's are doing is related to maps, but that seems useless if there are really over 50 maps and a person who has been playing for almost two months hasn't even seen much more then 15.

If you count maps from the CMP, Movie Map Packs, and UM, there are actually over 80, but as for maps playable in open, I'd count only about 50. Most people cannot remember how fun it used to be to play all the maps, regardless of whether or not they were "perfect" or "balanced." Fun can still be had on maps that are imperfect, and sometimes the best memories form based on silly things that happened on some maps that could never happen elsewhere. Sadly, new players will not get such memories since the new MBII is very boring and cynical about map choice.

Last edited: