What grinds your gears in mb Il?

Yeah, hosting your own server is really the best idea. They are also fairly cheap compared to other servers I've seen.
If I had the money for it to spare, then maybe I would host one.

I'm just saying that there is nothing wrong with servers' policy itself. There are different servers running different maps, not just dotf, but it seems that people tend to play on dotf.
Also, even though I was answering to your post, in fact I was more addressing to @Iscandar.

My point is that it isn't people stay on dotf because of servers run that map, it's dotf still dominates because players love it.
And as @Chaos the Chaotic said, dictatorship over servers' owners is a fascism. But such dictatorship would be just a proxy for a dictatorship over players themselves, which is even worse.

Indeed, people has a right to complain if nobody plays maps they wanna play, but that doesn't mean somebody can enforce entire community to play his favorite map.
If you want changes, you can tell players how good not popular maps are, you can persuade them to join servers running those maps, you can start your own server, putting into a rotation underrated maps, you can make a new awesome maps.
I know it's the sad truth that DoTF is the most popular. Nothing can really change the disappointment of how many maps I may miss out on, but I'll just have to make due with what is accessible. I also would think about making a new map, but I really wouldn't know where to start, and depending on how the system works for it I may just say screw it.

@Chaos the Chaotic It's rich that you'd call me a snowflake. You are the greatest snowflake this game has seen, posting day after day of nonsensically worded derailments. You project your own inadequacies unto others.

Watch out!! We got a badass over here. I prefer cupcake. I'm very tasty and sweet.
I'm just confused how nonsensically worded derailments make me a snowflake:)
And I'd argue derailments!! Every word, including the, is relevant.
I project fascism?

Bow Down and Obey!

I've explained numerous times how it is harmful. I'll do it again. Playing one map over and over destroys the whole of a mod by destroying the community. New players get bored quickly and old players leave for fresher and more varied experiences. A new player might stay a month or two as in the case of @Durante DLH, but will soon become bored and disappointed, leaving for something more promising.

You seem to have trouble grasping that you just aren't that deep. You can explain/repeat it a dozen more times. It doesn't change the fact that its just your opinion.
As to new players like Durante. So what? ISome people are here to stay for awhile, others mere guests.:) If its not his cup of tea, ok. His choice to continue playing or not.

Let me make it clearer, again. Moviebattles 2, like any other community, is structured like the human body. If body parts start betraying the rest of the body, the body will collapse on itself. Server owners, if they promote harmful practices against the community, such as shunning new (and old) content whilst only playing one map, will ensure the continued degradation of this game and lead to its death. You're promoting the death of this mod.

Plenty of servers out there. Plenty of players choose where to play. Whatever the end, it's their choice. Who are you to determine what is bad and good?
Just because you personally don't like it? Going to save us despite ourselves?

Spare us. Oh wait, don't. :)

Let me use a different example then, since you cannot make connections. Anti-trust laws are in place to ensure that corporations do not overwhelm the consumers by creating ill-gained non-merit based monopolies, and to also ensure they do not gain more power than the government. Servers playing DotF 24/7 will inevitably undercut and thus outsell variety servers with RTV or rotations. Once again, if anti-trust laws are necessary to promote fair competition in the free market, then the free market isn't truly free and has failed, both on the practical and conceptual level. A fair market wherein the government regulates, but does not own all businesses is a better model, because it does not stop free enterprise nor banish private property as communism does, while still providing the best quality service for the people.

Haha, just what exactly are players giving to server owners to play on their server? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. No one's forcing anyone to do anything. No one, except of course that is, you. Once again another example of you trying to link protections in place that safeguard FREE MARKET and SAFETY and FAILING.
Did the capslock do it for you:) I know it did for me. Lulz. Servers are not a product the players pay for. Nor are they responsible for the health of the mod as you put it. Players are. Do you even realize the red herring you've falsely perpetuated?

This isn't about servers, or even server owners, why even deny the real culprit, the cause? Clearly its the evil and vile community:)
So really, its not that you're trying to impose rules and regulations on Servers and Server Owners, but on the community that clearly doesn't know any better and needs your guidance:)

Heil Iscandar!

The current regulations of MBII servers are so puerile that they only stop the most obvious of malpractice, like doppelganger naming and dev banning. They do not, however, protect the community or ensure the continued well being of the game.
Your opinion, belied by the facts. I mean, golly gee, Mbs admins have been doing their thing since its inception, thats well over a decade.
Still here! Durrrrrrrrrrrrr.

You know, if your so sure of yourself, and you are the shit, and you think you speak for the community. Then the solution is simplicity itself.
Lead by example. Gert a server and impose these rules/regulations on it. Surely the community will flock to it and all will be well.

You must have stalked these forums for years while I was playing the game, because you're so detached from it all. It really doesn't matter what good server owners and clans do, DotF 24/7 will always win regardless of what they do, hence server creation is not going to change this

It's like he knew what I was going to say.:) Too bad it doesn't counter, refute or undermine anyone's argument but his own. Hey genius, Dotf 24/7 isn't some evil magic spell, it's a choice. You might not like it, but some clearly do. And frankly, once again, these little cupcakes who barely tasted 24/7 Dotf spam are pathetic.

Clearly we need more safe zones for them.

@BigBossBigTeef . Does that make DotF 24/7 the best map? Hell no it doesn't. People will always be led to what is simple and easy, like children. It's the job of a responsible person to lead them into greater things, even if they are harder.

Also, unlike you, I'm not content with being fed dog food. Pissing on someone's leg would be poetic justice.

Lulz. Great Leader, show us the way! Dotf is loved by the children! We must educate them so they can be better! You hear that kids, Daddy's here:)
Once again, your opinion remains just that:) An opinion. And a rather...what was the word, ah yes, a rather puerile one at that.
Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you can or should insult the entire community as immature:)
hehe

Some cultures are better than others. Cultures which inspire nobility in the individual, service to others, and the continued evolution of their spirit are inherently superior. Classical Western and Eastern cultures cultivate wisdom, compassion, intelligence, and a dutiful nature. Islam promotes violent destruction upon its enemies and the mistreatment of women. Sub-Saharan cultures promote a continued existence of physical sickness in the dirt and in poverty. Communism teaches that all cultures are equal, only separated by different values. Whether or not you realize it, you're a deluded Marxist moral relativist yourself.

Oh no, I must kindly disagree and once again point out - subjective, apparently you didn't understand the first time and once again, geezus, your opinion. A poor one at that.

Bad logic. Watching TV may put someone in a trance, but it's a far different trance than say a Buddhist monk focusing on their own awareness. The TV watcher is in an unfocused trance, while the Buddhist is in a focused trance. The difference is enormous, yet you conflate the two.

The voice of experience here:) What level of enlightenment have you reached Master? Do you meditate bro? Lulz, what's this even about?
Ahahahahahhaha.

I know it's the sad truth that DoTF is the most popular. Nothing can really change the disappointment of how many maps I may miss out on, but I'll just have to make due with what is accessible. I also would think about making a new map, but I really wouldn't know where to start, and depending on how the system works for it I may just say screw it.

It depends on your schedule. Certain hours, certain days, rotation servers are out and about. Other times, certain times at night especially, its dotf.
Unless you seed or find a group of like-minded, your only option is to change when you play:) Or go....on Euro servers. Remember to read their text with english, finnish or russian accents.

As for mapping.
https://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/98-getting-started-with-mapping/

There are other sites, guides but jkhub has active members who could help or give tips. I'd say unless you already have a background it'd take too long. Skinning is tons easier.

And lastly, Iscandar, its not going to happen. Deal with it.

t( :rolleyes: )t

Last edited:
You must have stalked these forums for years while I was playing the game, because you're so detached from it all. It really doesn't matter what good server owners and clans do, DotF 24/7 will always win regardless of what they do, hence server creation is not going to change this @BigBossBigTeef . Does that make DotF 24/7 the best map? Hell no it doesn't. People will always be led to what is simple and easy, like children. It's the job of a responsible person to lead them into greater things, even if they are harder.
Hey ice, I plan on actually doing something because im not satisfied with the current servers.
Instead of crying on the forums, throwing tantrums, and not providing any recourse or solutions.

Don't drag me into your shit flinging.

Last edited:
Hey ice, I plan on actively doing something than cry about it on the forums.
Don't drag me into your shit flinging.

Good luck, but it's a pointless endeavor. I've played this game since B17 and seen exactly how server populations grow or shrink. Firstly, you're missing a clan of even group of people who've agreed to populate your server rather than others, and administrate it in your absence. Secondly, you have no name recognition when compared to the big servers which have been here for years. The public will have no trust that your server will be populated when compared to the established servers, so they're unlikely to go there even on a whim. Third, you're inexperienced at running servers (and at playing this game comparatively,) and so you don't know your way around populating and administrating servers yet. Fourth, you're planning to populate your server with maps other than DotF, which already puts you at a huge disadvantage. Fifth, you've decided to enter too late in the game. In the past, populations were large enough that DotF servers overflowed with players and the excess went to rotation servers like yours. Now, there's barely enough to keep DotF servers full, and your chances of winning players over from DotF will be slight.

Without any of the first three and because of the fourth and fifth reason, your effort is hopeless. From an idealistic standpoint I support your intentions, but from a pragmatic understanding of this game I know your goal is impossible. I've seen all the clans and servers that have tried to unseat DotF in the past fail - CoR, EW, GC, TLP, Divine/AE, GAR, MAF and many others I can't think of off the top of my head. They all were active communities and worked towards the ideal of map variety and fun. They all failed. Regardless of the Herculean efforts they made to keep their servers alive and thriving - by supporting new content, playing new game modes, hosting fun events, and creating their own map packs - DotF 24/7 servers always won just by being there and doing nothing.

@Chaos the Chaotic Throughout this exchange I have continued to give you new thoughts and ideas to contend with. Despite all your replies, you haven't debated anything. All you've done is written non-productive lulzspeech without any substance, in a format that looks like visual diarrhea. Grow up and give an honest debate, instead of this autistic nonsense.

I'd be happy if you disagreed with these ideas from some intellectual standpoint, but you don't even understand what I'm saying. Answering no without giving adequate reason is not a debate but a reaffirmation of your standpoint. How can we have an argument if you don't even know what you're disagreeing with and you don't know how logic works?

Last edited:
Good luck, but it's a pointless endeavor. I've played this game since B17 and seen exactly how server populations grow or shrink. Firstly, you're missing a clan of even group of people who've agreed to populate your server rather than others, and administrate it in your absence.
Wrong
Secondly, you have no name recognition when compared to the big servers which have been here for years. The public will have no trust that your server will be populated when compared to the established servers, so they're unlikely to go there even on a whim.
Wrong again
Third, you're planning to populate your server with maps other than DotF, which already puts you at a huge disadvantage.
Also wrong, you are on a roll here.

Fourth, you're inexperienced at running servers (and at playing this game comparatively,) and so you don't know your way around populating and administrating servers yet.
Very wrong

Fifth, you've decided to enter too late in the game. In the past, populations were large enough that DotF servers overflowed with players and the excess went to rotation servers like yours. Now, there's barely enough to keep DotF servers full, and your chances of winning players over from DotF will be slight.
The only true statement you made.

Now seeing as you did not read any thing I ever said.
I plan on hosting a NA competitive server.

Have you played the competitive EU server?
If you haven't its a 14 slot server with some spares for admins.
Where each person can only pick one of each class for both teams.
So essentially 7 vs 7.

I am providing a NA competitive because there are American players who want to play with a competitive rule set but can't handle 300 ping.
There is a demand for it, I plan to provide it. And if people like the server enough I may host another one where it will be a regular rotation server, and I will change the maps once every two weeks.

The difference is that the admins will be people who are apart of this community, and I will request to the mod team to add my server under the official server forum category so people can make posts regarding my server here. And not on another website and forum. This will be a server run by the community for the community.

No clan's will dictate how I run this server, it will be a community effort.

Last edited:
@Issy.

Lulz, delusional.:D

No Iscandar. All you did was repeat the same damn thing. Even your analogies were the same damn thing.
Irrelevant and desperate stretches to legitimize fascism:)

Debate? Debate what? You want to dictate terms to people that pay for their own servers? Please.

Your just angry. Too bad. Your dreams are just that. Dreams. Rather than doing something substantive, you just whine here. Which really, is the one right thing you've done so far.

Grinds your gears right:)

@Chaos the Chaotic
You never admitted that the free market doesn't even exist in the real world, did not explain how DotF 24/7 does not harm this game, did not give a counter argument towards how cultures can be inferior nor acknowledged that your own moral and cultural relativism is a tenet of communism, failed to admit DotF 24/7 drives off new and old players (with Durante being a new example, and the old example being that every non-dotf clan in the US is basically dead save for a few members who still play on DotF,) flip flopped between calling these ideas fascist and communist, threw around the word "fascism" as a replacement for an objective bad despite constantly preaching subjectivity, etc. You don't know how to argue a thing.

@BigBossBigTeef I play on both North American and European servers and still don't know who the hell you are. If you want to spend your money on a worthless cause, go right ahead. DotF has killed any competitive spirit in this game by making most players into shit spewing mongoloids who know nothing except opening side doors and catwalk camping. Once again, good luck but I'm not holding my breath. I've seen well intentioned and smart people like yourself still fail regardless of how hard they tried or how smart their policies were. People with far more name recognition, prestige, history, and followers than you have failed at the same task. The game is rigged against you.

Last edited:
You don't know me because I change my user name every-time I login to play, because I did what chaos did and piss off a bunch people who will actively follow and sabotage any semblance of fun I have.

However I will admit for being absent the past few following months because I am trying extra hard to get a job, and pass my CMA certification exam.

Wrong

Wrong again

Also wrong, you are on a roll here.

Very wrong

The only true statement you made.

Now seeing as you did not read any thing I ever said.
I plan on hosting a NA competitive server.

Have you played the competitive EU server?
If you haven't its a 14 slot server with some spares for admins.
Where each person can only pick one of each class for both teams.
So essentially 7 vs 7.

I am providing a NA competitive because there are American players who want to play with a competitive rule set but can't handle 300 ping.
There is a demand for it, I plan to provide it. And if people like the server enough I may host another one where it will be a regular rotation server, and I will change the maps once every two weeks.

The difference is that the admins will be people who are apart of this community, and I will request to the mod team to add my server under the official server forum category so people can make posts regarding my server here. And not on another website and forum. This will be a server run by the community for the community.

No clan's will dictate how I run this server, it will be a community effort.
I fully support you in this effort, but I will not be surprised if this fails. It seems like you may have what it takes to run a server, but as far as I can see the odds are stacked highly with what I've observed over the few months in the mod and how the people think/act.

I fully support you in this effort, but I will not be surprised if this fails. It seems like you may have what it takes to run a server, but as far as I can see the odds are stacked highly with what I've observed over the few months in the mod and how the people think/act.
I want to try and fail, instead of just bitch for 40 pages.

The cancel of the animation of attack of jedi and Sith if they are hit by blasters.

The problem is not with simple soldiers or officers.... But with theses god damn Hight RoF weapons like the clones, or SBD.

@Chaos the Chaotic
You never admitted that the free market doesn't even exist in the real world, did not explain how DotF 24/7 does not harm this game, did not give a counter argument towards how cultures can be inferior nor acknowledged that your own moral and cultural relativism is a tenet of communism, failed to admit DotF 24/7 drives off new and old players (with Durante being a new example, and the old example being that every non-dotf clan in the US is basically dead save for a few members who still play on DotF,) flip flopped between calling these ideas fascist and communist, threw around the word "fascism" as a replacement for an objective bad despite constantly preaching subjectivity, etc. You don't know how to argue a thing.

Haha, what garbage are you spewing? Lulz.

Free market doesn't exist. My god, somebody inform the world! Why do the words free market even exist then? Haha. Oh noes, it was all a lie. Take your nonsenscial attempts at pseudo-philosophy elsewhere.
Dotf 24/7 harms the game? Or does it? Maybe its one of the bigger lifelines in mb!! Dun dun dun!!!

Opinions are like assholes. You have one too many me thinks.

Counter argument for cultures? Haha, what a bigot. I am superior!! You fail to see anything.

I'm a commie? Haha. Ok. God, I can't believe I'm reading such stupid shit.:)

Failed to admit what again? I admit to nothing:) Can't help but point out the obvious counter though.
How many players has Dotf...kept interested over the years? Lulz. People still flocking to it as Number 1 for some reason.
Hehe.

You're arguments are utter garbage. It's pathetic:) Flip-flopped between fascism and communism? I have to lol.
Do you even know what you're talking about?

Back to off-topic:

You know what grinds my gears? People that are full of shit. People that are so full of shit you can't believe they don't realize it. I mean, is this real? Can someone be that full of shit and not realize it?

What's even funnier - All anyone had to do to see how full of shit *cough* a certain person was - all they had to do was go in-game or check the server browser.
Even at right this second, there are more people in NA on rotation servers than Dotf. Lulz.

rKsaMLO.jpg

Actually, tally the numbers and its only the poor Euro bastards that are suffering now. Maybe. Don't know if DN is rotation:) I'm not Euro-pee'in.
Yesterday as well. 2 servers, one dotf, one rotation, both packed. Only until late in the evening did dotf take the lead and rotation whittled down.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Can we get back to reality now? :rolleyes:

Or will you continue whining and doing little else?
Oh wait, quick, give me another example of bad meat and rules!

@Beef.

Lulz, I've seen you more than I have whoever Iscandar is. :)

Last edited:
DN is rotation.
I'm €

edit: nevermind, that server is DoTF 24/H but is often shadowed by FA server.

Last edited:
Chaos, you still haven't provided any counter arguments, just more autism and lulzspeech. All you seem capable of saying is "no it's not" and "you're bad and stupid" like a child who can't figure out the reasons they dislike something.

The "free market" is a goddamn concept you moron. There has been no country in the history of the entire world which has adopted a free market capitalist economy. It doesn't exist. It's a philosophy, not a functional model. The US is a mixed economy which utilizes free market principles. Fuckwits like you don't even realize that the US isn't a "democracy," but a constitutional republic, which has democratic principles. The difference is enormous. In a democracy, everyone votes directly for what they want changed. In a constitutional republic, the people elect representatives to act on their behalf (which many don't, due to secret agreements, bribery, threats, and other forms of corruption), whom must act according to the principles of their country's constitution (which they rarely do, and at many times actively undermine it.) The difference between a mixed economy and a free market economy is as large as a constitutional republic and a democracy.

The "free market" isn't even free. The idea of it sounds nice though. Competition is what drives the free market. If people demand a service, a business will supply it. If there is no demand, there will be no supply. Competition will ensure the best business providing the greatest service to consumers will win. That's the lie you've been told. It doesn't work that way in practice, AT ALL. The free market may be pro-competition, but corporations are strictly ANTI-COMPETITION. Corporations will use any means necessary to KILL their competition. They'll use every sort of rotten practices which in the short turn give them profits, but harm the market and their consumers in the long term. Monopolies then form, which, with their colossal power and influence, will destroy any chance of new competition before them. Technically these monopolies could die if the people stopped buying their products, but this never happens because the organized minority always wins over the disorganized and clueless majority. It's not realistic to expect free market or even democratic principles to ever defeat monopolies, and they never have. The only tried and true solution is government regulation.

The free market leads exactly to the same conclusion as a communist system - monopolies form and competition is stamped out. The only difference is that communism is more honest about its intentions. In a system you would call "fascist" (as if that were an insult,) the government regulates the economy to purposefully stop monopolies from forming, allowing true competition based on merit to thrive. The grand irony is that "fascism" is the only true vessel for the goal of competition to truly thrive, while the "free market" fails and delivers the same result as communism.

Yes, you're a commie. Marxist ideology preaches that all people of different cultures are equal, and that morality is subjective and based on culture. These are all ideas of a Marxist Communist brainwashed buffoon. In the real world, objective truth exists regardless of how we subjectively perceive it. Cultures are superior by objectively measuring the heights of their work. If you don't like the idea that you might be inferior, stop being a fucking pansy who reasons problems away as "subjective" and face them head on. On that same line of thought, opinions can be better than other opinions too. If my opinion is more educated, well thought out, logically sound, and has worked when put to the test, it will certainly beat your uneducated logically fallacious opinion which fails when in practice.

Also, fuck your fallacious snapshots. It's huge logical fallacy to simply take a picture at a point in time to fit your narrative. Statistically, DotF always wins.

Who care he's a commie.
At least he isn't an ass like you.

Go away Iscandar, you are just annoying.
If you want servers without DOTF, create it and let the other play on the map they want to.
You have no right to decide for them, no right to force them.

I play on DOTF and others maps and even if DOTF is boring from time to time, I will keep playing it, because that map is fun and well created.
If you have a problem with it, too bad. It's your problem. Not ours.

Who care he's a commie.
At least he isn't an ass like you.

Go away Iscandar, you are just annoying.
If you want servers without DOTF, create it and let the other play on the map they want to.
You have no right to decide for them, no right to force them.

I play on DOTF and others maps and even if DOTF is boring from time to time, I will keep playing it, because that map is fun and well created.
If you have a problem with it, too bad. It's your problem. Not ours.

Small minded people once again. Same canned responses. Same unthoughtful replies. None of you are capable of deconstructing logic, only stating your own points more emphatically. Crawl back to your dens of misery.

You all are annoying, babbling back and forth trying to find a point in vain to use against the other. It should be clear that DoTF is popular and it won't change because the veterans love it and the clans do best at it. Though a point still stands on how this could be a possibility for killing the mod, are putting it into the ungodly state of a frozen community, there is no real reason to argue over it anymore.

People already have the idea that the DoTF spam could help end the mod, or put it into a horrible community-lock, but it's their fully aware choice. There is really nothing more to be done, and no points to get across. What happens will happen and all we can do now is watch and contemplate what information each have given the other.

So with this said, can everyone stop? The point is known and any damage to be done will either have been predicted or not. This argument ended long ago, and now it's a useless fight everyone is having.