What grinds your gears in mb Il?

You must play with the wrong people or have never played them to proper pop. They all break the mold of hallway shooter maps so mi comprende why u no comprende.

If you count maps from the CMP, Movie Map Packs, and UM, there are actually over 80, but as for maps playable in open, I'd count only about 50. Most people cannot remember how fun it used to be to play all the maps, regardless of whether or not they were "perfect" or "balanced." Fun can still be had on maps that are imperfect, and sometimes the best memories form based on silly things that happened on some maps that could never happen elsewhere. Sadly, new players will not get such memories since the new MBII is very boring and cynical about map choice.
I am already getting real bored of the mod, yet I haven't even played half the classes that much. I believe that the little variety of maps that servers have is really the big thing killing it for me, and probably new people. I am sad to say it, but by now the new battlefront would be bring me more fun after playing it this long, as I could actually go on more then 5 maps every game.

I feel like I have even more stuff now. People who complain about 1.4/updates 24/7, people who have to rely on ghosting to win since they don't have enough common sense to actually play themselves, servers that have rules but will exempt some people from them for no good reason, people who accept admin on a server even though they don't actually play that server, or the game itself actually, how there are 50+ maps, and even more from map-packs, though I only have ever been able too see little over 15 do too DoTF.

I think I can just sum up everything I hate in a few words. Maybe. The clearly toxic community in-game, people ignoring rule breakers because of some reason, admins taking up the job yet they don't even log on the server all week until given a report, the lack of map variety due to people liking things overly simple and veterans loving maps they can exploit, what seems like very little communication between the devs and players(Unless I'm missing something here, I haven't seen much updates or discussion on later plans), how the mod is almost always very anti-climatic in fights with how the whole system works, how very boring and copy&paste the roles are, how the community is blindly helping drive the mod into hell, how horrible fights look with all the jumping and zig-zagging due to this being how the current combat system works, how there is essentially no real difficulty barrier or perks of choosing a harder class, and many more things I probably can't remember right now.

This was actually longer then I would have liked, but it seems I hate a lot about the mod. Though I do say it has lots of potential, and could even make an amazing game if the system was polished and it actually wasn't just a mod. But with how things seem to being going, I'm just gonna give it two years before it dies out to only maybe 30 players at all times. People will most likely bash this saying I'm wrong and have no way of knowing, but many people will move on one day, and by then we will most likely have better games that people will want to play. The mod has already been around this long, and it seems to have gone through a lot, but I am betting that this horrible phase will be nearing it's last. It's all just an estimation though on what I've observed over two months, and I could be totally wrong. But if things are just gonna continue like they are right now, I don't know how many new players will actually stick around that long, as it seems only veterans were given the chance to actually see more then 15 maps. I can surely say I won't be playing much longer if DoTF and the other basic rotation maps are all I'm gonna see.

This is all just a vent of hate though, as this whole thread seems to be made for that. But I will most likely expect half-ass hate responses, if anyone is even active enough to read these forums anymore.

Been playing since '04. Same type of whining since '05.:) It's a shame the archive is gone. Hilarious to bring up posts from each year going back a decade predicting exactly this:)

And yet...why won't it die already!

Grinds my gears. :)

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
It grinds my gears that there's over 50 maps and "we" decide to play 1. Five other maps if we're lucky.
About 70% of the time it's DotF. Otherwise, it's the same old bread and butter of Lunarbase, Cloudcity, Commtower, Deathstar, or Jedi temple.
There's plenty of other fun maps to play, like Kamino, Jabba, Smuggler, Coruscant Chase, Enclave, Echobase, Tatooine, Theed and Mustafar. Granted some aren't suitable for all population sizes, yet at the same time we ought to play them at least sometimes .Then there's the CMP that hardly anyone plays, which has such gems as Snowfacility, Theedstreets, Raxus, Endor, HotFo, and Cislabs.

It's not like people in the past haven't tried to form their own clans that do fun things. There have been several throughout this mod's history who've seen great success. However, regardless of how good they are, how kind and skilled their members are, how responsive they are to their community, and how creative they are content wise, they simply can't compete with the DotF only servers, due to the very nature of people and that map.

If new content, in the form of maps, can't keep being made, the only new content will be new models and sabering changes. People have had it with sabering changes, and there's only so many models you can put in. If all we're doing is playing the same map for nearly a decade and complaining about sabering, this mod has reached absolute content death. What point is there for the developers to continue making this game? No matter the quality of the map it won't be played. Sabering changes will only confuse new players and make veterans angry. Models will be fun for a week and grow stale once they're used to. Where can this mod go if DotF is the place it's stuck at? MBII might as well be considered dead even if it's technically still going, because it has none of the spirit it used to.

If clans can't compete with the DotF only servers, and the developers refuse to stop people from making one map only servers, then there's nothing anyone can do to make this game truly enjoyable again.
Oh no, here we go again.
You already made a thread of complaints about "dotf only" servers, and now you decided to hijack this topic with same stuff?
Enforcing Rules for Server Owners
Since When Were Victims Banned?

It have been already discussed.
Server owners have a right to decide what maps to put in the list.
There are different servers. Some servers run dotf, some other run different maps. Some servers have RTV so players can vote for maps.
It seems that dotf is most popular map of mb2. It seems that dotf servers are very popular.
Pissing people off by banning their favorite maps/servers is bad for business.
If you don't like it, go make your own server, with madjong and geisha. Put maps you think should get more attention to a rotation.

There are different servers. Some servers run dotf, some other run different maps. Some servers have RTV so players can vote for maps.
It seems that dotf is most popular map of mb2. It seems that dotf servers are very popular.
If you don't like it, go make your own server, with madjong and geisha. Put maps you think should get more attention to a rotation.

Basically what puppy said, I plan to host my own NA competitive server when I get a stable income.
And if it gets popular enough, ill host a rotation server as well.

I feel that we need more servers that are not controlled by Clans, that have the same amount of admin participation as clan servers do.
I am not expecting much, but people can't bitch at me for not trying though.

Last edited:
I think I can just sum up everything I hate in a few words. Maybe. The clearly toxic community in-game, people ignoring rule breakers because of some reason, admins taking up the job yet they don't even log on the server all week until given a report, the lack of map variety due to people liking things overly simple and veterans loving maps they can exploit, what seems like very little communication between the devs and players(Unless I'm missing something here, I haven't seen much updates or discussion on later plans), how the mod is almost always very anti-climatic in fights with how the whole system works, how very boring and copy&paste the roles are, how the community is blindly helping drive the mod into hell, how horrible fights look with all the jumping and zig-zagging due to this being how the current combat system works, how there is essentially no real difficulty barrier or perks of choosing a harder class, and many more things I probably can't remember right now.

This was actually longer then I would have liked, but it seems I hate a lot about the mod. Though I do say it has lots of potential, and could even make an amazing game if the system was polished and it actually wasn't just a mod. But with how things seem to being going, I'm just gonna give it two years before it dies out to only maybe 30 players at all times. People will most likely bash this saying I'm wrong and have no way of knowing, but many people will move on one day, and by then we will most likely have better games that people will want to play. The mod has already been around this long, and it seems to have gone through a lot, but I am betting that this horrible phase will be nearing it's last. It's all just an estimation though on what I've observed over two months, and I could be totally wrong. But if things are just gonna continue like they are right now, I don't know how many new players will actually stick around that long, as it seems only veterans were given the chance to actually see more then 15 maps. I can surely say I won't be playing much longer if DoTF and the other basic rotation maps are all I'm gonna see.

This is all just a vent of hate though, as this whole thread seems to be made for that. But I will most likely expect half-ass hate responses, if anyone is even active enough to read these forums anymore.

Here something for you :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/26/1467575051-sans-titre.png

As you can see, there is plenty of server with map other than Dotf. You can also see that some of them are not populated, (cmp_poolparty, mustafar, legosw, ultimate showdown...), so stop complaining "it's always Dotf, lunard and so on".
First it's not true matrix & jawa race are not really mainstream map, secondly if those maps are the most played it's because people like them. We have RTV, which means we, as player have the choice of map, and most of the time, when there is cmp map on server we do not vote for them. So asking for server to have more maps on them wont change the thing. Only a rotation can impose "new" maps, but people tend to leave server for a Dotf one when there is one with other than mainstream map because it's fun to play 5-10 minutes, but after that we see all the flaw in the map.

So here's the solution for you, you become a mapper and design a well suited map that will be as popular as Dotf, or you upload your own server with only unusual map hopping people will come to see something else than Dotf.

Here something for you :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/26/1467575051-sans-titre.png

As you can see, there is plenty of server with map other than Dotf. You can also see that some of them are not populated, (cmp_poolparty, mustafar, legosw, ultimate showdown...), so stop complaining "it's always Dotf, lunard and so on".
First it's not true matrix & jawa race are not really mainstream map, secondly if those maps are the most played it's because people like them. We have RTV, which means we, as player have the choice of map, and most of the time, when there is cmp map on server we do not vote for them. So asking for server to have more maps on them wont change the thing. Only a rotation can impose "new" maps, but people tend to leave server for a Dotf one when there is one with other than mainstream map because it's fun to play 5-10 minutes, but after that we see all the flaw in the map.

So here's the solution for you, you become a mapper and design a well suited map that will be as popular as Dotf, or you upload your own server with only unusual map hopping people will come to see something else than Dotf.

I thank you for showing me, as I can now see even more clearly that DoTF is still making up 50-75% of the map list. I mean I could go play alone on one of those many empty not DoTF servers, or I could play on a DoTF server.

But really this post just proves that DoTF is the only map everyone flocks to play. Maps like Lunar and Jedi Temple are just as overused when they are the only ones ever selected for rotation. My simple point is that DoTF is over-praised and over-loved, when in-fact it is the most simple, bland, and boring map in the mod. Sure a two hallway map is fun at first, but when you realize there is no real strategy involved other then charge forward for both teams, it's really nothing special. The only secondary objective is just opening the doors, which isn't even all that helpful, or fun. One major flaw I've noticed is how the rebels can get into the generator around the same time the imperials do. This means only a Mando really has a chance to get into a defensive position before the rebels arrive.

Though as I've stated this is just my opinion from what I have seen over two months of playing, which had sadly been mostly on DoTF as it's the most popular and played map. I expect nothing to change, but I can't say I expect people to stick around much longer because the clans get better K/D on DoTF, and I would even say without knowing it the boredom of DoTF and lack of variety is what helps to cause people to take such long breaks.

But as I've said, all my opinion. People can feel free to correct me, but they should be prepared to bring more then just their opinion, as so far no one has brought more then opinions and rudeness from what I've seen.

Man, cupcakes these days.

Grinds my gears.

Honestly, what pisses me off most is people that don't know how good they have it. There's a lack of rotation now?

Maybe I'm biased but my experience, history, concrete fact - there was ZERO active rotation servers for over half a decade in NA, actually more... It does not come anywhere close to what we have now.... People, there are rotation servers and they get played. Granted not as much as the ever true Dotf but to come here and listen to this...drivel....whining....:(:)

Like I said. People don't know how good they have it. Spoiled.

Grinds my gears. t( :mad: )t

Man, cupcakes these days.

Grinds my gears.

Honestly, what pisses me off most is people that don't know how good they have it. There's a lack of rotation now?

Maybe I'm biased but my experience, history, concrete fact - there was ZERO active rotation servers for over half a decade in NA, actually more... It does not come anywhere close to what we have now.... People, there are rotation servers and they get played. Granted not as much as the ever true Dotf but to come here and listen to this...drivel....whining....:(:)

Like I said. People don't know how good they have it. Spoiled.

Grinds my gears. t( :mad: )t
I don't understand what your trying to get across. If you are trying to say that rotation servers have more variety for the people who hate DoTF, then I would gladly play some if there were ever more then AOD's rotation server filled. Besides AOD's server, every other one is always empty or only have the basic AOD rotation pattern. Or so I have seen from what servers people actually play on.

It seems like half the time people are telling me to just play empty servers if I'm bored of DoTF. It's kinda sad that there are even this many empty servers are even here.

That's an unhelpful ad hoc argument. Taking a snapshot of the population at one moment makes no difference if that particular occurrence is statistically abnormal. Anyone who has played this game will know that dotf is still the only map people play, and seeing the servers on something else is strange and unusual.

Oh no, here we go again.
You already made a thread of complaints about "dotf only" servers, and now you decided to hijack this topic with same stuff?
Enforcing Rules for Server Owners
Since When Were Victims Banned?

You have no sense of moral idealism. Having rights is not the end of a person's work. Just because someone can does not mean they should. All humans have not simply rights, but duties as well, for there is a world that exists outside of their own self. The duty of a server owner is to provide the best experience for the most amount of people, while ensuring the survival of the game by supporting new content. One map servers, or "play it safe" 5 core map rotation servers do neither of those things, and instead ensure the continued downfall of the mod. The few people that remain will become products of a toxic environment, such as yourself Paradine, and will continue to support such a toxic attitude.

Dotf isn't popular because it's "the best" map. It's the most boring and simplistic one in the official mod. Its simplicity, however, makes it great for new players to learn. For experienced players, however, they never have to step out of their comfort zones for something different. People playing on dotf 24/7 are like adults riding bikes with training wheels. The people who complain about most maps "not being as good as dotf" are simply inexperienced in playing those maps, and are projecting their inadequacy for playing them unto the maps themselves. Most maps, save for a few like Korriban and Jabba on high pop, are excellently crafted and enjoyable. They are visually appealing and have great opportunity for coordinated play. However, if someone has played all the maps, and yet still comes to the conclusion that only one map should be played, then they are mentally degenerated and cannot be helped.

Let me put it this way. There are an enormous amount of bad things and bad choices in this world. In order to do what is good, one must restrict oneself from doing evil. That is the nature of self control. One has a lower, animal nature, which tells the individual that they should do what is simple and most pleasurable. Dotf appeals to that nature because it is simple, easy, and attracts without effort. Then there is a higher nature, which must be cultivated through self discipline. This higher nature would say that despite the flaws of other maps and modes, and the initial difficulty it takes to learn these others maps, enjoyment can be found in playing the full variety and cycling this variety once it becomes dull.

I suppose people do have rights, but it's a privilege for server owners to play this mod. If they are going to play this mod, which they did not make, they have a duty to respect it and the people who play it. Playing one map 90% of the time is a surefire way to kill an entire game who's main selling point is a wealth of content. If one is going to provide the mod with a public service, there ought to be standards, for while a server owner does own their server, their server impacts the game as a whole, and the game is for everyone, not just themselves.

Putting regulations on servers is the same thing as putting regulations of the production of meat to ensure the public doesn't get sick. The US has regulations for this very reason, hence the US is not truly a "free market" capitalist country like you seem to think. If regulations are necessary to protect the people from the "free market," then the "free market" is at the conceptual level a failure. Free market capitalism promotes profit over merit, and hence promotes competitive non-merit based advantages. The "free market" does not promote merit - it does not promote the best and most capable. It promotes the simplest, easiest, and competitively advantageous, and nothing else.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
It seems like half the time people are telling me to just play empty servers if I'm bored of DoTF. It's kinda sad that there are even this many empty servers are even here.
So, in fact, your problem isn't that there are no servers playing maps other than dotf (because there *are* such servers).
Your problem is that people tend not to play on those servers, keep hanging on dotf instead.
Are you understand that this not the same?
Having rights is not the end of a person's work. Just because someone can does not mean they should. All humans have not simply rights, but duties as well, for there is a world that exists outside of their own self. The duty of a server owner is to provide the best experience for the most amount of people, while ensuring the survival of the game by supporting new content.
Having a right to set into rotation any maps whatever owner want is very clear and simple, while "provide the best experience for the most amount of people" is something fuzzy, ambiguously defined and too general.
Everybody has his own thoughts about what "the best experience" is. Can we say that a server provides best experience because it's populated all the time? :)
People playing on dotf 24/7 are like adults riding bikes with training wheels.
But in US people have a right to to do it. Hell, even in my country cops won't stop adult riding bike with training wheels! :D
Putting regulations on servers is the same thing as putting regulations of the production of meat to ensure the public doesn't get sick. The US has regulations for this very reason, hence the US is not truly a "free market" capitalist country like you seem to think.
US has a very basic set of regulations, protecting people from hazardous materials, poisons and from fraud. Ordinary people are even allowed to buy assault rifles (professional, army weapon)!
MBII master server list also has very basic set of regulations.

After all, I can only repeat my previous arguments:

Also, you did write this wall of text, but I can't see any single word about your plans to make your own server and put maps whatever you want into a rotation.
I can't see any words about your intentions to design new, great maps those everybody will love either.
All I see is idea that mb2 developers should dictate people what maps they must play. You're reducing everything to an enforcement and banning, and propose no constructive, creative solutions.

d094616452e7.jpg

Last edited:
So, in fact, your problem isn't that there are no servers playing maps other than dotf (because there *are* such servers).
Your problem is that people tend not to play on those servers, keep hanging on dotf instead.
Are you understand that this not the same?
This doesn't really seem to support either side of the argument. What is the point of a server when no one pays it? Sure there are some which get 2-5 players, but even you should have seen that screenshot detailing how DoTF made up 50-75& of the active servers. I've already seen around 15 or less maps as it is, which some I haven't even gotten to play again. And yes, there are rotation servers, but even those are almost always empty unless it's AOD's server, which uses 5-6 of the maps which get old fast.

It's almost like telling a person to go shop at stores which haven't restocked since 2 months ago.

Haha, this is even more communist than socialist...:)

Replace the subject matter but keep the same line of thought:)
What is the point of old people if they serve no real function anymore? Let's get rid of them! They're worthless!

People griping that there are so many servers that they don't play.
Lulz.

Tickles my gears.

That's an unhelpful ad hoc argument.

Oh God, one of those....just no. Nope.

You have no sense of moral idealism. Having rights is not the end of a person's work. Just because someone can does not mean they should.

If it doesn't harm anyone, isn't against the law, it's none of your god damn business what they choose to do or not to do. Ok, comrade?

The duty of a server owner is to provide the best experience for the most amount of people, while ensuring the survival of the game by supporting new content.

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA.

The Duty? The duty???? No, honey bunny, the server owner has no such duty or obligation to provide ANY type of experience for whatever amount of people.
It's his server, he pays for it, he allows others to partake. If you take issue with that, then don't partake. Plenty of other...cakes to try:)

As to ensuring by supporting new content...zzzzzzzzzz.........see above. He does more than most players by simply providing the 'effin server.
This is like biting the hand that feeds you and then pissing on his leg.

One map servers, or "play it safe" 5 core map rotation servers do neither of those things, and instead ensure the continued downfall of the mod.

This, just like the above, is your opinion. Many have had it over several years. I'm sure many more will have it next year and the year after that. :)
You might as well pass gas for all its worth.

The few people that remain will become products of a toxic environment, such as yourself Paradine, and will continue to support such a toxic attitude.

Which one's Para:) I think I've been accused by idiots 2 or 3 times of being him lulz.
So let's address the biggest bs here. Toxic environment? Well golly gee, Welcome to the Internet!!
I've yet to find any forum for any game save some hard-core rpgs that could be considered...feng shui:)
This is a normal community. The only difference is that its a bit more intimate due to its population. Can't fade into the background or start over as easily as in other games:)

God damn snowflakes.

Let me put it this way. There are an enormous amount of bad things and bad choices in this world. In order to do what is good, one must restrict oneself from doing evil.

Preaches about the good and bad but fails to realize that morality is subjective. Different people, cultures, religions, etc. value different things and in some cases the order of importance is quite different than what you would expect. Spare us the self-righteous bs.

That is the nature of self control. One has a lower, animal nature, which tells the individual that they should do what is simple and most pleasurable. Dotf appeals to that nature because it is simple, easy, and attracts without effort. Then there is a higher nature, which must be cultivated through self discipline. This higher nature would say that despite the flaws of other maps and modes, and the initial difficulty it takes to learn these others maps, enjoyment can be found in playing the full variety and cycling this variety once it becomes dull.

Or, if we continue this line of thinking, some people simply do not have the mental fortitude to continue playing the same map:)
Weak willed, tsk tsk. Hehehehehheeh.

I suppose people do have rights, but it's a privilege for server owners to play this mod. If they are going to play this mod, which they did not make, they have a duty to respect it and the people who play it. Playing one map 90% of the time is a surefire way to kill an entire game who's main selling point is a wealth of content. If one is going to provide the mod with a public service, there ought to be standards, for while a server owner does own their server, their server impacts the game as a whole, and the game is for everyone, not just themselves.

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah, its a privliedge to pay for a server and have some whiny little pukes shit all over them because they want their way.:)

Heil Iscandar!

Putting regulations on servers is the same thing as putting regulations of the production of meat to ensure the public doesn't get sick. The US has regulations for this very reason, hence the US is not truly a "free market" capitalist country like you seem to think. If regulations are necessary to protect the people from the "free market," then the "free market" is at the conceptual level a failure. Free market capitalism promotes profit over merit, and hence promotes competitive non-merit based advantages. The "free market" does not promote merit - it does not promote the best and most capable. It promotes the simplest, easiest, and competitively advantageous, and nothing else.

Wow. The two don't even equate. You realize the difference between a game, entertainment and something that is necessary, food, and ensuring it doesn't actually poison, harm, kill someone?

Lulz.

There already are rules in place nancy. It protects server owners from malicious little twubs that try to take control of their server. Either by script bugees, ddos or some neo-fascist wannabes that claim that its for the people but really just for myself. Since, after all, it's for their own good, they don't know any better, they must be enlightened by my greatness:)

It tickles my gears when Fascism is introduced into an online gaming community.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
This doesn't really seem to support either side of the argument. What is the point of a server when no one pays it? Sure there are some which get 2-5 players, but even you should have seen that screenshot detailing how DoTF made up 50-75& of the active servers. I've already seen around 15 or less maps as it is, which some I haven't even gotten to play again. And yes, there are rotation servers, but even those are almost always empty unless it's AOD's server, which uses 5-6 of the maps which get old fast.

It's almost like telling a person to go shop at stores which haven't restocked since 2 months ago.
I'm just saying that there is nothing wrong with servers' policy itself. There are different servers running different maps, not just dotf, but it seems that people tend to play on dotf.
Also, even though I was answering to your post, in fact I was more addressing to @Iscandar.

My point is that it isn't people stay on dotf because of servers run that map, it's dotf still dominates because players love it.
And as @Chaos the Chaotic said, dictatorship over servers' owners is a fascism. But such dictatorship would be just a proxy for a dictatorship over players themselves, which is even worse.

Indeed, people has a right to complain if nobody plays maps they wanna play, but that doesn't mean somebody can enforce entire community to play his favorite map.
If you want changes, you can tell players how good not popular maps are, you can persuade them to join servers running those maps, you can start your own server, putting into a rotation underrated maps, you can make a new awesome maps.

Yeah, hosting your own server is really the best idea. They are also fairly cheap compared to other servers I've seen.

@Chaos the Chaotic It's rich that you'd call me a snowflake. You are the greatest snowflake this game has seen, posting day after day of nonsensically worded derailments. You project your own inadequacies unto others.

If it doesn't harm anyone, isn't against the law, it's none of your god damn business what they choose to do or not to do. Ok, comrade?

I've explained numerous times how it is harmful. I'll do it again. Playing one map over and over destroys the whole of a mod by destroying the community. New players get bored quickly and old players leave for fresher and more varied experiences. A new player might stay a month or two as in the case of @Durante DLH, but will soon become bored and disappointed, leaving for something more promising.

Let me make it clearer, again. Moviebattles 2, like any other community, is structured like the human body. If body parts start betraying the rest of the body, the body will collapse on itself. Server owners, if they promote harmful practices against the community, such as shunning new (and old) content whilst only playing one map, will ensure the continued degradation of this game and lead to its death. You're promoting the death of this mod.

Wow. The two don't even equate. You realize the difference between a game, entertainment and something that is necessary, food, and ensuring it doesn't actually poison, harm, kill someone?

Let me use a different example then, since you cannot make connections. Anti-trust laws are in place to ensure that corporations do not overwhelm the consumers by creating ill-gained non-merit based monopolies, and to also ensure they do not gain more power than the government. Servers playing DotF 24/7 will inevitably undercut and thus outsell variety servers with RTV or rotations. Once again, if anti-trust laws are necessary to promote fair competition in the free market, then the free market isn't truly free and has failed, both on the practical and conceptual level. A fair market wherein the government regulates, but does not own all businesses is a better model, because it does not stop free enterprise nor banish private property as communism does, while still providing the best quality service for the people.

The current regulations of MBII servers are so puerile that they only stop the most obvious of malpractice, like doppelganger naming and dev banning. They do not, however, protect the community or ensure the continued well being of the game.

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA.

The Duty? The duty???? No, honey bunny, the server owner has no such duty or obligation to provide ANY type of experience for whatever amount of people.
It's his server, he pays for it, he allows others to partake. If you take issue with that, then don't partake. Plenty of other...cakes to try:)

As to ensuring by supporting new content...zzzzzzzzzz.........see above. He does more than most players by simply providing the 'effin server.
This is like biting the hand that feeds you and then pissing on his leg.

You must have stalked these forums for years while I was playing the game, because you're so detached from it all. It really doesn't matter what good server owners and clans do, DotF 24/7 will always win regardless of what they do, hence server creation is not going to change this @BigBossBigTeef . Does that make DotF 24/7 the best map? Hell no it doesn't. People will always be led to what is simple and easy, like children. It's the job of a responsible person to lead them into greater things, even if they are harder.

Also, unlike you, I'm not content with being fed dog food. Pissing on someone's leg would be poetic justice.

Preaches about the good and bad but fails to realize that morality is subjective. Different people, cultures, religions, etc. value different things and in some cases the order of importance is quite different than what you would expect. Spare us the self-righteous bs.

Some cultures are better than others. Cultures which inspire nobility in the individual, service to others, and the continued evolution of their spirit are inherently superior. Classical Western and Eastern cultures cultivate wisdom, compassion, intelligence, and a dutiful nature. Islam promotes violent destruction upon its enemies and the mistreatment of women. Sub-Saharan cultures promote a continued existence of physical sickness in the dirt and in poverty. Communism teaches that all cultures are equal, only separated by different values. Whether or not you realize it, you're a deluded Marxist moral relativist yourself.

Or, if we continue this line of thinking, some people simply do not have the mental fortitude to continue playing the same map:)
Weak willed, tsk tsk. Hehehehehheeh.

Bad logic. Watching TV may put someone in a trance, but it's a far different trance than say a Buddhist monk focusing on their own awareness. The TV watcher is in an unfocused trance, while the Buddhist is in a focused trance. The difference is enormous, yet you conflate the two.

Last edited: