Without consideration of new features and game balance, the presentation of this game is superb visually. The only thing that takes away from the game immediately thereafter is how the player can hear Aayla Secura's timid voice drown out iconic lines by main characters like Han Solo when he taunts. It takes away from the immersive "movieness" that MB2 tries to center around. Is there any fix to this by the devs on the way? Is there a fix that can be implemented from the player's side?

I would love it if this issue could be fixed, as it would really emphasize the core aspect of movie fidelity that MB2 does better than any other SW game, and I really believe this would help solidify that aspect to new and potential new players.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
The easiest way would be to just start over with a set mix preset. The other option is to go through every single audio file already in the game and try to match it by ear

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I've attempted to keep an ear out for any really obnoxiously loud sound effects. All sounds ought to be compressed and normalized to be around -3dB, since that's where the original game audio files are all set at. Whether everyone always remembers to do that though is another question.

Anyone can take up a project to modify these and create a replacement pack. This part of the mod is moddable by anyone.

I've attempted to keep an ear out for any really obnoxiously loud sound effects. All sounds ought to be compressed and normalized to be around -3dB, since that's where the original game audio files are all set at. Whether everyone always remembers to do that though is another question.

Anyone can take up a project to modify these and create a replacement pack. This part of the mod is moddable by anyone.
So I can rip the audio from a Teal'c soundboard and replace every audio file by "Indeed"? Don't tempt me Ben.

Make it so.
In hindsight Teal'c has too many great quote, I'll try to fill as much as possible and worst case scenario ( specific classes) I'll try to put and easter egg or something random.

Don't bet on the realisation of this project but with wikiquote and youtube it should be easy to gather audio samples quite fast.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
In hindsight Teal'c has too many great quote, I'll try to fill as much as possible and worst case scenario ( specific classes) I'll try to put and easter egg or something random.

Don't bet on the realisation of this project but with wikiquote and youtube it should be easy to gather audio samples quite fast.
As long as he mentions his bae, Daniel Jackson, a lot.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Where are the voice commands located at? Or can I make a custom folder to override some of them?
You'll need to create a pk3 file with the same hierarchy as the original. I believe the original files are located in one of the MBModels files or MBAssets files.

Something like sounds/chars/human_male

You'll need to create a pk3 file with the same hierarchy as the original. I believe the original files are located in one of the MBModels files or MBAssets files.

Something like sounds/chars/human_male
Yep got it, I'll see what I can Teal'c-ify with what I have and can have.