•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Hosting Server TUTORIAL HAMACHI (or Tunngle or anything about local networks)

Hi everyone !
I've been playing with a friend of mine using Hamachi, got it to work through a reproducible process, so I thought maybe it'd be nice to share it here, so that anyone who wanna play wiith friends can just follow the steps here. I had a hard time finding all the required info scattered throughout all the forums so I hope this helps.
I write it for people who do not know anything about servers and all this stuff, as an engineer I could provide more details if required though.

Just so you know, my in-game name is MimdeyaX, my friend is Ieatdragons. We played using Hamachi for we live 12,000 km afar, got around 180ms ping for him, 0 for me.
Also, if you wanna play on a local server, as long as you have its address, you can replace it instead of taking the one in Hamachi in what follows. I didn't touch my router, nor did my friend, so no port forwarding or anything like that, unless it was already done before.

1) Get all the files you need
Get the latest version of Movie Battles 2 and Jedi Academy (1.5.2 and 1.1 for me).
Get
Hamachi and connect to it with your friends on the same server. Same for Tunngle if you still got it or anything creating a LAN.

2) NOW, THIS IS FOR THE PERSON WHO WANTS TO HOST THE SERVER. If you just want to join your server once created, or your friend's server, skip to step 5 !!!
Get the Unofficial patch (DEDICATED_JA_server_UnofficialPATCH), and copy its content to the game folder (GameData).
That's basically jampDed.exe, which you don't have in the very start. You can get it from here : UNOFFICIAL Patch for JA 1.01 Dedicated Servers - JKHub

3) Configure the server
Create the file server.cfg and place it in GameData\MBII
For this file, follow the instructions on the first page here : Hosting Server: Windows
Basically copy/paste everything, just change the name of the server to what you want, and choose the game type by changing the seta g_Authenticity line, DON'T CHANGE THIS LINE : seta g_gametype "7" !!!!! For example "3" is for Duel, it is not written in the comments.

4) Host a server using your computer on the Hamachi network. .
- From Hamachi, copy your IPv4 address. it's something like 25.63.226.16 (that was mine).
- Create a bat file, This file has to be in GameData, name it
server.bat in which you write :
jampDed.exe +set fs_game "MBII" +set net_IP YOUR_IPv4_ADDRESS +set net_port 29070 +exec server.cfg +set dedicated 1

Change YOUR_IPv4_ADDRESS to yours : for example mine was jampDed.exe +set fs_game "MBII" +set net_IP 25.63.226.216 +set net_port 29070 +exec server.cfg +set dedicated 1
If you host, it is normal that you and your server have the same IP address, so when you join, you'll have the same address in both bat files.

• To host the server : start server.bat
A cmd window should start, and after some text, just stand by.
The server is now HOSTED, so don't close this cmd window. From it you can type commands, like change maps : to have the list of maps, type dir map bsp
Then to change maps type : map um_poolparty for example or any map you want.

• To close the server, close the cmd window.

5) Now it's time to JOIN.
Any person in the local network (Hamachi or Tunngle) has to create a bat file, like serverjoin.bat in GameData (same for the one who created the server and also wants to play !)
In this file, write : mbii.x86.exe +set fs_game "MBII" +set net_IP YOUR_IPv4_ADDRESS +set net_port 29070
Once again, change YOUR_IPv4_ADDRESS to yours, the one in Hamachi or Tunngle etc...

Basically it's just a file starting Movie Battles 2 in the local network you want, and not your local network at home where your friends cannot see you.

6) PLAYYYYY !
Start serverjoin.bat, Play, Join, change Source to LOCAL, refresh if needed, the server should appear, and you are encouraged to join it !

You are welcome, don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any !

Okay this may be a very noobish question, but me and my friend made a server and we had a little problem. We couldn't spawn. We both joined on the serve we made, but we couldn't actaully spawn to play the game. So i was wonderign if you have any idea, waht could be the problem for us. Thanks!

is this a tutorial or a heiroglyph?
Okay this may be a very noobish question, but me and my friend made a server and we had a little problem. We couldn't spawn. We both joined on the serve we made, but we couldn't actaully spawn to play the game. So i was wonderign if you have any idea, waht could be the problem for us. Thanks!

I think it just happens sometimes... There is a spawn bug, usually just restart the game. Also you may have to wait for the round to be over.
Please note that you have to join and also configure your class, using the class configuration key, which you can change in the settings of the game.

I hope this helps

I think it just happens sometimes... There is a spawn bug, usually just restart the game. Also you may have to wait for the round to be over.
Please note that you have to join and also configure your class, using the class configuration key, which you can change in the settings of the game.

I hope this helps
It doesnt really help, i mean we did try everything you mentioned above, but nothing worked. We also waited enough so that the round was over, but we still couldnt join. I think we just fucked up something, but we have no idea what! Do you maybe know anything else, that may cause this problem?

It doesnt really help, i mean we did try everything you mentioned above, but nothing worked. We also waited enough so that the round was over, but we still couldnt join. I think we just fucked up something, but we have no idea what! Do you maybe know anything else, that may cause this problem?

Well then I don't have any clues... Try another map also can ? Change map from the console window (just alt+tab, change map, and when you come back to the game it should be loading the new map already).

This doesn't work, then no idea lah.