Stamina for gloans

Wanted to bring up stamina bar for clones in the arc thread but decided to make trooper a different thread instead.
The stamina thing makes sense on arcs, because they need special meter to do rolls, back flips and basically anything cool looking.
But its kinda useless on the clone trooper, like you can get where you need to go without putting a single point in stamina.

Because the default rate stam recharges is actually pretty good without any points in it, so what I am going to ask is has there been anything discussed about the stamina internally and if anyone has any ideas to make it more useful in general without breaking the game.

What I was thinking was that stam could be a little passive defense buff but nothing compared to the buffs the SBD armor gives, and every time you take a hit your stam bar goes down. And when your stam bar runs out, you loose the buff entirely. You should probably nerf their default armor value to compensate the passive armor. Your sprint should still be tied to the stam bar, so if you sprint your bar should still go down naturally. Regen rate should stay at the default values.
The tiers of the stam could be.
  1. 6pts-4% blaster defense
  2. 12pts-8% blaster defense
  3. 18pts-12% blaster defense, and 5% explosive defense.
Or here is another idea for stamina, rename it to sprint. And each upgrade improves natural travel speed. And remove stam bar entirely.
  1. 4pts- 1% speed increase
  2. 8pts- 3% speed increase
  3. 16pts- 5% speed increase with faster walking speed

Last edited:

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
I did.
Actually did it for 3 rounds before rage quitting because of push spam.
The wookie was very slow so it was easy to hit him.

Ah yes, I'm sure that you as a commander with level 1 T-21, could easily kill a melee Wookie before he kills you.

Anyhow, point being, skill:reward means nothing if the skill required to achieve the reward is almost impossible to get to, in which case the 0 skill some reward classes will remain superior.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
How about this: Change class name to Heavy Gunner. Distribute clonetrooper models to Soldier and Commander classes, while some remain on heavy. Remove reinforcement option in exchange for heavier defense. Make them the bullet sponge of the team with that armor value. Or they keep heads down with suppressive fire. Or knock down with blob centered build. I think Ben's shield idea fits here nicely. Use DLT-19 model, or some such, for non clone skins. Also I miss the DC-15A skin so give that to the clones now in other classes.

Preston

Nerd
How about this: Change class name to Heavy Gunner. Distribute clonetrooper models to Soldier and Commander classes, while some remain on heavy. Remove reinforcement option in exchange for heavier defense. Make them the bullet sponge of the team with that armor value. Or they keep heads down with suppressive fire. Or knock down with blob centered build. I think Ben's shield idea fits here nicely. Use DLT-19 model, or some such, for non clone skins. Also I miss the DC-15A skin so give that to the clones now in other classes.
Why not just make that a new class?

No no, that is way too much of a drastic change.
In my perfect world I would like clone trooper models for other classes and have thier weapons skinned to match, but in reality that would just confuse people too much. CT has been apart of the game for too long, and its a good blend of anti gunner and anti sith.

Why not just make that a new class?
And to prestons suggestion, that would just take way too long. I would prefer them to finish existing classes they thought of.
Before starting from scratch again.

What would be the point in having two classes that use the same guns and abilities?
Which is why I suggested to remove the heavy weapons from one class and give it to the other, and provide new weapons to class that fit more.
Such as the DC-17 and DC-15A. Which translate to a heavy pistol and a semi automatic rifle.

Last edited:
clonetroopers shouldn't be this accurate with their rate of fire(i think they're more accurate then e-11's secondary),if they're going to be the suppressing fire class they should be able to tank(regenerating armour) but should not be accurate their weakness should be grenades and snipers and long distances, in an open field you should easily land more hits then a CT but thats currently not the case with their endless stream of bullets

They already can tank, they have 80 hp and 80 armor if you build into armor.
They just have low survivability because low mobility in CQC counters, they are supposed to kill thier targets before they can get close.

Not a fan of regen armor, because I think somebody running around dispensing armor and ammo would be better than a solo clone being able to be self sufficient.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
I just had a thought about this, didn't see it mentioned before.

A common complaint is that clones are too accurate for the sustainable amount of fire they provide. Then stamina is mostly unused for the class as well.

So how about make stamina affect weapon shot accuracy. I imagine it as though every shot drains stamina. Standing still is slow drain, walking a bit more, and running max drain. Stamina levels now increase the pool instead of regen speed. It can only regenerate when not shooting. The more drained the bar is the more inaccurate shots are. So a bullet hose cr3 will be spraying everywhere when opened wide but is accurate using bursts. This could also give more incentive to use lower level rifles for more accuracy on the move. The Sprint doesn't do much right now.

Last edited:
Sometimes, I really wonder if you all just play against really crappy people all the time, or have not tried some of these things for yourself. All my builds for clone have full stamina except for cr3 build. I just alternate between cr1, 2 and 3. Cr1 build has 11 blobs per life with full stamina. 9 concs with 2 ions. Cr2 build has 3 conc blobs per life with full stamina. Stamina speed I think is either equal or really close to hero/bh speed. At close range, you destroy your enemies, assuming you can aim.

No, stamina doesn't need a buff and to make shooting affect stamina makes no sense. The inaccuracy for a clone rifle makes sense due to its rate of fire and extremely large clip.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
Sometimes, I really wonder if you all just play against really crappy people all the time, or have not tried some of these things for yourself. All my builds for clone have full stamina except for cr3 build. I just alternate between cr1, 2 and 3. Cr1 build has 11 blobs per life with full stamina. 9 concs with 2 ions. Cr2 build has 3 conc blobs per life with full stamina. Stamina speed I think is either equal or really close to hero/bh speed. At close range, you destroy your enemies, assuming you can aim.

No, stamina doesn't need a buff and to make shooting affect stamina makes no sense. The inaccuracy for a clone rifle makes sense due to its rate of fire and extremely large clip.
It isn't very inaccurate at the moment. I never really see anybody using stamina regularly as a clone except in as a way to get to a spot slightly faster. I guess it depends on your play style, too, but I rarely ever even use 3 blobs per life. I kinda horde them I guess. I was just thinking to make the stat more relevant for most people have it do something. I imagined like a full stamina build with CR1 and blobs would be able to shoot accurately, even while running, for a good while and say no stamina would have to burst for accuracy. But honestly it should some how get more and more inaccurate as it fires longer, more so than currently. CR3 is almost a laser beam.

It isn't very inaccurate at the moment. I never really see anybody using stamina regularly as a clone except in as a way to get to a spot slightly faster. I guess it depends on your play style, too, but I rarely ever even use 3 blobs per life. I kinda horde them I guess. I was just thinking to make the stat more relevant for most people have it do something. I imagined like a full stamina build with CR1 and blobs would be able to shoot accurately, even while running, for a good while and say no stamina would have to burst for accuracy. But honestly it should some how get more and more inaccurate as it fires longer, more so than currently. CR3 is almost a laser beam.

You aren't playing with enough people that know what they are doing then. I've seen several lone rangers ruin an entire enemy team with stamina alone. Let's not mention when you go against a full team of clones...or even two people working together as clone and sniper. Firing doesn't need to be more accurate as I believe they have already received a buff when all guns got a boost in speed for primary fire. There are several classes on rebs that could use tweaking. I don't think clone is one of them.