Stamina for gloans

Wanted to bring up stamina bar for clones in the arc thread but decided to make trooper a different thread instead.
The stamina thing makes sense on arcs, because they need special meter to do rolls, back flips and basically anything cool looking.
But its kinda useless on the clone trooper, like you can get where you need to go without putting a single point in stamina.

Because the default rate stam recharges is actually pretty good without any points in it, so what I am going to ask is has there been anything discussed about the stamina internally and if anyone has any ideas to make it more useful in general without breaking the game.

What I was thinking was that stam could be a little passive defense buff but nothing compared to the buffs the SBD armor gives, and every time you take a hit your stam bar goes down. And when your stam bar runs out, you loose the buff entirely. You should probably nerf their default armor value to compensate the passive armor. Your sprint should still be tied to the stam bar, so if you sprint your bar should still go down naturally. Regen rate should stay at the default values.
The tiers of the stam could be.
  1. 6pts-4% blaster defense
  2. 12pts-8% blaster defense
  3. 18pts-12% blaster defense, and 5% explosive defense.
Or here is another idea for stamina, rename it to sprint. And each upgrade improves natural travel speed. And remove stam bar entirely.
  1. 4pts- 1% speed increase
  2. 8pts- 3% speed increase
  3. 16pts- 5% speed increase with faster walking speed

Last edited:
So what your saying is that its basically a better soldier class because of what it can do and it doesn't need to have abilities to be effective.
Okay I can see that, but abilities make classes fun though.

The flying mechanic the mandalorians have could very well be a videogame in itself, because of how fun it is to use and how useful it is.
Stam for clones feels very situational and I think that aspect should be improved, or something added to the class that makes it special besides its weapons.
I still want faster walking speeds though for stam 3.

Last edited:
Did you ignore the discussion on passive mobility over toggle mobility?
More like deliberately didn't get into it.

Definitely against passive DR values though, armor values should ideally be handling that... There are some unfortunate exceptions, the Deka and SBD.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
So what your saying is that its basically a better soldier class because of what it can do and it doesn't need to have abilities to be effective.
Okay I can see that, but abilities make classes fun though.

The flying mechanic the mandalorians have could very well be a videogame in itself, because of how fun it is to use and how useful it is.
Stam for clones feels very situational and I think that aspect should be improved, or something added to the class that makes it special besides its weapons.
I still want faster walking speeds though for stam 3.
Not what I was saying anything at all actually. That was my assessment of clone at the moment, and I personally find its lack of tools and diversity to be a problem. I play deka more than I play clone which says a lot. I don't play deka because it's movements (and the movements of all vehicles, of which deka is included) are rather clunky.

Not what I was saying anything at all actually. That was my assessment of clone at the moment, and I personally find its lack of tools and diversity to be a problem. I play deka more than I play clone which says a lot. I don't play deka because it's movements (and the movements of all vehicles, of which deka is included) are rather clunky.
Oh okay, so is there anything planned for the class though?

So if stamina being touched is out of the question. What about a last stand mechanic?
You know how the arc can fast recover, can continue to shoot while knocked down.

Why not give the clone the ability to fire while knocked, but keep the slow recover?

And putting points in the skill determines what weapon they can use.
The 3rd tier being a main weapon (manual switch), 2 tier auto switch to a pistol, 1 tier non switch to a pistol, (you have to switch weapons manually)

When I was in my throne room (the shitter) ive been analyzing the clones, they are just dudes that have very good training on a mass produced scale.
They don't really do anything unless they were trained to do it. Once upon a time I suggested a sniper rifle for clones and gave it the same treatment as the minigun so you can't respawn twice while using it. The other ideas I thought of don't really fit mb2. Thier engineering skills, communication, training, doesn't translate into video game unless you are talking about like battlefront ( and we know what happened to that.)

So this is where I thought of the last stand mechanic, they are by default stubborn and competitive. Thats just the Jango Fett strain talking. So it wouldn't be outlandish of them pulling out a pistol or something while getting mobilely incapacitated. They don't have grenades so them being able to blow themselves up while knockdown wouldn't work. And we do have a similar feature already in place for the arc, so its not like you are making it from scratch implementation wise.

Honestly I think the ARC has weapons the CT should have, the PLX and grenade launcher. A commando regiment or special force squad with a missile launcher just does not fit the image. And I think the weapon specialization should go to troopers, and make them be expensive to the point where they have to drop an extra reinforcement. (I don't see the westar being a problem if it kept its default points however grenade launcher specialization does).

I also suggested making a carbine for the CT some time ago, it would basically be a E11 reskin but blue shots like the rifle variant. The model exsists, its in some FA maps. It would be a cheaper weapon to use, and could be specialized to shoot faster. While the bigger rifle can fit attachments and have better accuracy.

Last edited:

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Are people actually asking for a buff to Clones on here?

While we're at it, let's give Wookie force speed 3, and SBD battery rechargeable off of cyan tears.

Clones, imo, are the second strongest gunner class in the game. CR3 is insane if used properly, and the ability to instantly launch a projectile that knocks people down, is also insane.

Arc could use a slight buff to fighting Sith, but certainly not gloan.

Preston

Nerd
Idk about 2nd strongest gunner class but its definitely up there. probably top 3 easily. I do agree that arc should get a buff, but not for fighting sith, but more for gunners.

I dunno about rearranging the weapons but I wouldn't mind standard pulse grenades being made available to Clones as well.

I think instead of affecting stamina regeneration stamina should just raise the amount of stamina avaliable(all clones have same regen)
level 1 - default stamina(100)
level 2 - more stamina(150)
level 3 - double stamina(200)

This is a good suggestion. Add to ARCs as well please.

Clones should have some type of gear, or perhaps access to a nade? I just don't know...perhaps look at wookieepedia and get idea for clones.

Clones should have some type of gear, or perhaps access to a nade? I just don't know...perhaps look at wookieepedia and get idea for clones.
With stamina being out of the question, clones having access to pulse grenades is not exactly the worst thing ive heard.

I already said what arcs should get in their thread, is have more stuff to complement the acrobatic playstyle.
Where gloan trooper is more slower and soldiery. They are a good anti gunner class. Them getting a E-11 rekinned into a DC-15 and having pulse grenades could complement them. And the PLX in their kit, and give it the same points as rifle 3 so you can't spawn multiple times with the weapon.

Last edited:

Preston

Nerd
Woah woah woah, clones already have blobs which are crazy strong. I dont think they need a nade. Unless its a pulse.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Stamina is very viable after we buffed it. All variations are useful due to the improved regeneration rates.

Stamina 3 when properly managed turns the Clone into a 2-life Hero. All my builds for the Clone revolve around this. Movement speed is everything in MB2 and the Clone is simply worthless without it.

With good Stamina management and situational awareness, level 2 can be used at roughly the same efficiency, but with less lasting power in extended fights. Stamina 1 is still useful for fast movement around the map and evasive manouvers.

I'll make a brief tutorial on Stamina at some point as I think it's a very essential skill to master for ARC and Clone, but here's the biggest thing briefly:
  • Activate Stamina
  • Move towards your desired direction for a brief moment
  • Tap jump while letting go of movement
  • Your character will jump a decent distance compared to a regular jump
This is immensely powerful against Sith, Droidekas, explosives and virtually anything when you need to be swift.

If something were to change for Clones, it would be something for opening up new kinds of playstyles by introducing abilities or weapons that are viable alternatives to existing ones. Buffs are out of the question as the Clone is very much where it should be in terms of efficiency.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
Them getting a E-11 rekinned into a DC-15 and having pulse grenades could complement them.
We don't need more E-11s. 3 classes on each team already have one. I'd love to see a DC-15 carbine in open, as it's one of the few iconic guns from the movies thats missing from MB2. It would definitely need a unique mechanic, possibly like the M5 or EE-3. It would also need to be a viable alternative to clone rifle as Ben noted, and I can't imagine giving up blobs for an E-11 clone.

I don't think clones would have any uses for pulse grenades though when ion blobs are cheap and more effective.

Old Ideas:

Limited Thermal Vision - see all heat sources, from body to droid in your field of vision. Note: Not through walls. When visibility is poor and the enemy can blend into surrounding archi-textures:)

Gravity nade - pulls/sucks players into toward where the nade was thrown. Think Lunarbase Windows - indoors:) I don't know or remember if it would do anything beyond cripple movement for awhile. Still better than the usual knockdown:)

Gravity beacon/generator/vacuum? - pulls/sucks in rockets/frags towards it. Sick of relying on idiot jedi/sith? Here's your own personal one time use only diverter of nades/rockets. Whether it should work on teammates nades/frags/pulses...yikes.

Gun Slap - those rifles looks meaty. Why can't we just bonk someone over the head with them? Instead of knockdown, stagger upon successful gunslap. Stagger or that clutching the head in pain animation.

Ion buff - can disarm any armed/primed nades/thermals upon direct hit. Two things this could mean. They actually drop it. Or you force them to re-prime/arm the nade/frag/thermal for optimal throw.

Arc Sticky Pulse Nade Remote Detonation - it's a pain to sticky a sith or gunner half the time:) Not as bad as long distance ion blobbing but still. I'd like the ability to remotely detonate the sticky pulse. I'd rather have it as an ability upgrade however, I still do enjoy running into the guy who sticked me so he too could enjoy the benefits and wonders of this pulsing throbbing they've given me. We'll explode together.:)

Guided rockets - rocket arcs to where you point your cross hair. Huzzah.

Homing rockets - lock on target, let it rip. Can you outmaneuver a rocket without a jedi to help you? Let's find out. Meh, probably by jumping off cw or hiding behind cover at the right time. Smarter homing rockets. The one's that wait until the doors open again and can make sharp turns.

Gun Sprawl and roll - splays you out on the ground, immune to push/pull/knockbacks - limited mobility in the sense of rolling side to side making you a big target, but hey, roll and shoot. Pew pew.