So many patches, yet many more bugs.

Alright.

It's not often I come and tell you developers anything wrong about your mod. However, the numerous amount of patches that I keep having to download without seeing any fixes for the actual bugs in the game has driven me beyond senile. I've finally had enough of the glitches and bugs that overall have the ability to ruin my gameplay, that I'm now writing to you to implore you to finally fix your bug-infested mod. Bear with me, this list is going to be hefty.

I. Saber combat

1. Overall, the saber combat is just glitchy and buggy looking. I've recently been getting better at the shitty dueling system that 1.4 as a whole is, and because of that I'm able to see much more clearly just how glitchy it is. It honestly makes me think that everyone is lagging at every single saber strike, because when sabers clash, they just kinda sit there for a split second, and then teleport to another location. This makes dueling very distracting and overall not fun. Please clean it up.
2. This one will probably be disregarded, but I don't care, I'm saying it anyway. The dueling system that came with 1.4 is absolute shit. I honestly don't understand why you guys EVER overhauled the system completely from 1.3, which had a beautifully diverse dueling system. In 1.3, I saw red users, blue users, yellow users, cyan users, purple users, dual users, and staff users all over the place, with there being a healthy diversity as a whole. Then, in 1.4, you completely nerfed red, making it completely and utterly useless, to the point where even a first day noob can drain all of your bp just by holding the block button before you kill him with red. Cyan, yellow, and staff are about the only styles worth using at this point, and all of the community has realized that. I never see red, blue, duals, nor purple anymore. None of it. I don't ever see any of it. Why is that? Because y'all stupidly nerfed everything except those styles, and then super buffed those same styles. Someone can just "turtle up", so to speak, and just hold block for days, and win no matter how good your combos are. I have developed some pretty good combos as of late, but they don't matter for shit because this version favors defensive playstyle more than aggressive playstyle, and that is a fucking huge disappointment and does not promote any sort of skill competition. It's literally just a spam fest to see who the best spammer is. Fucked up. Bring back 1.3 saber system. At least with that there was a wide variety of choices, and no one style was significantly overpowered compared to the other, and each one had a counter.
3. This version punishes aggressive saberists too much. It takes away so much bp just for doing a bunch of combos, despite whether or not they're good or bad. If you attack, you're getting punished, because we shouldn't be aggressive, we should be friendly!!! It's not a fucking jousting match developers, it's a lightsaber battle. Make it more fun, allow good combos to be rewarded rather than punished. Make it fun, and upbeat, because right now, the overly defensive emphasis is boring and dull to both play and watch.

II. Saber vs. Gunner Combat

1. Yeah so this is still a problem. The balance between gunner and saberist is appallingly in favor of the saberist, and the fact that 9 out of 10 times when I join a server each 15-man team has like 10 jedi/sith each is a testament to that. Hell, some games in open the entire team was saberist and I was the only gunner out of 10 people. People aren't dumb, developers, they know that the lack of balance is favored towards saberists. I am primarily a gunner, and honestly it's stressful to get on and the only servers with people are spamming the fuck out of glowsticks. I mean, do you even play the mod that you guys make? Take a fucking look and see just how many times jedi/sith are getting spammed.
2. Flinch is problematic, but not for saberists, rather for gunners. It's inconsistent as fuck. I've blasted saberists that have come really close to me before, and hit them, and they won't get flinched. Why? I don't fucking know, it's probably because of some shitty job of coding or some shit. I'm legitimately pissed about the flinch mechanic because it was nothing more than an excuse to give jedi/sith a damage reduction buff back when 1.4 was originally released. We're now on v1.4.8.1, and it's still a fucking problem. Flinch is still glitchy and inconsistent as fuck, yet the damage reduction of course will work for jedi/sith all the time. Now, when I kick down a jedi, and blast him on the ground, it's not enough, and they're able to get up and extendo saber me, because fuck the gunners. Also, jedi/sith can now effective tank rockets. I have rocketed a jedi/sith literally right in front of me, only to see that they DON'T FUCKING DIE, BUT I DO!!!! THAT is fucking bullshit, and there is no fucking reason a jedi/sith should be able to tank a rocket point blank. And before you even say it, no, they did not push the rocket.
3. Melee combat needs to honestly get a little buffed. It takes a massive amount of time to switch from blaster to melee, and so a gunner being charged by a noob jedi has no time to skillfully knock him down with a well-placed kick. Also, the flying kick special melee move is buggy as fuck. You have to be dead fucking centered on your target in order for it to work, and even then sometimes when you visually hit the opponent, your body just kinda in a choppy, glitchy fashion grazes right off of his side, and he's able to whack you from behind with a saber. I've gotten killed that way too many times to count, and it's fucking too much at this point. I shouldn't be getting killed by some newbie on his second day just because the developers don't want to fix a fucking issue.

III. Miscellaneous Items

1. The Mandalorian class getup time is way too fucking slow. I'm sorry, but Mandalorians are supposed to be a combat savvy race, warriors who struck fear even in the hearts of jedi. How the fuck can that be the case if a fucking turtle can get up faster than them? All it takes is one force push by some newbie jedi and they're dead. The jetpack's movement warmup is already slow enough that they don't need to be getting up so slowly. Give them bounty hunter get up or ARC trooper getup or something, but just don't make them so fucking slow. It's the worst.
2. Grenades are way too fucking bouncy. You can't even properly push them back or escape them from all the way on the other end of the map because of how bouncy they are, they're kinda dumb. Realistically, grenades never bounce that much.
3. Soldier getup is kinda an unnecessary nerfing. One push from 25 feet away and a jedi can get a soldier before he even gets up.
4. Get rid of the damage reduction for jedi/sith classes, there's absolutely no reason for them to have it, and does nothing but encourage noobs to spam those all the time, making for a rather unskilled game.
5. The new DOTF is even worse than the previous one. There's absolutely no fucking reason to remove the catwalk. The pit? Sure, there were a lot of time wasters there, but the catwalk was a legitimate tactic and was a great place to have melee battles and other battles. It was a crowd favorite. The catwalk needs to come back.
6. Blocking radius on staff and duals are really fucking gay, noobs have blocked my saber from behind they backs while doing one of those gay flurry katas triggered by crouching, attacking, and moving forward. Doesn't promote skill.
7. WITH ALL OF THESE FUCKING PATCHES, IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE THAT I EVEN HAVE TO FUCKING MENTION THIS STILL: FIX YOUR FUCKING CLASS BUGS WHEN JOINING A MATCH!!!! The fucking jedi/sith classes still bug out in various ways when you switch to those in open mode, and it's really getting stupid. Sometimes when you select jedi, when the next round begins, it switches you to sith with no points, and all of the sudden you have to scramble to get back on your team and get your setup. Another bug that happens is at the start of the new round after picking a jedi/sith class, you aren't able to bring up class configuration until you click the join tab again after spawning in, giving the message in red text: "Error: Invalid class selection...." until you finally go and fix it. Then, once it is fix, it gives you the fucking default build again, so you have to go change it. Also, there's still a bug where it just won't let you join in in a round. AND STILL YET, there is another bug YET AGAIN WITH THE JEDI/SITH CLASSES! Sometimes, when switching from gunner to sith/jedi, it won't even spawn you as that class, and will leave you at your previous class with skill points invested in all kinds of wonky things, to where I get whacky class builds such as in soldier, it'll give me a 1 life soldier with full armor and ammo, full e-11 and pistol, and 2 concussion grenades, even though I selection a sith with yellow and cyan. It's the stupidest thing and makes no sense. Again, we're on patch version 1.4.8.1, you'd think that by now y'all would have fucking fixed these problems which were happening all the way back in 1.3. For fucks sake...start fixing some actual bugs rather than just changing some small meaningless thing, and calling it a "patch."

Yes, this is an aggressive post, and no, I don't apologize for it. I'm honestly sick and tired of dealing with this bullshit that the developers often times seem to just glance over, and focus on stuff no one asked them to focus on. It's time address some real issues. I mean honestly, the whole thing with the class bugs not even being fixed after like 8 or 9 patches is just absolutely absurd. How could you possibly have not fixed this, let alone address it by now? Come on, devs, please work on these things.

Sincerely,

One pissed off client.

EDIT: This is something that a friend of mine, Reverse Flash, sent me as proof of the spam I indicated.

JPEG_20171231_203625.jpg

Last edited:

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
I have also hit them in the shoulder and in the upper chest, and they have died instantly. The only classes that can and WILL tank a projectile rifle slot are the SBD, Deka, and Wookiee classes.
This is not true, full armor ARCs, mandos, and BHs also will tank a proj chest shot. If you compare headshots, EE-3 is as good as proj in almost every situation except against wooks (100 base dmg on EE3 vs 150 on proj w/ headshot multiplier of 3). If they're dying to upper chest/shoulder shots (which has the same multiplier as anywhere between the neck and legs anyway), they didn't have full armor. I'm not sure what the exact armor break point is to survive a proj chest shot, but I think heroes can live in rare cases thanks to the +/-5% damage randomization.

This "proj vs EE-3" debate was had relatively recently on the forums too (here), and it's been done even more times in the past. EE-3 level 3 is easily one of the strongest guns in the game. Damage and shot speed aren't the only things that are important in a sniper. No movement speed slow down, no delay between scoping and firing, and being able to shoot twice before reloading all make EE-3 very formidable, and in many situations, better than proj. EE-3 becomes less useful than proj at longer distances, but most fighting in MB2 doesn't take place over super long distances.

@Luna on the US servers. i never see any when i go on EU servers either but to be fair i rarely go on there. but its a rare sight to see a mando on US

DaloLorn

Movie Battles II Team Retired
I saw no DEFINITIVE STATEMENT that said that NONE of the changes except those listed for the beta were implemented.

What you must look for, is a definitive statement that any of the changes listed in the beta patch notes were implemented (I believe we've already established that there were). Then you must look for a definitive statement that the specific change you are discussing has been implemented.

The only acceptable sources of such statements are the patch notes, and posts by the developers.

Viserys

ex team lead
Yes, this is an aggressive post, and no, I don't apologize for it. I'm honestly sick and tired of dealing with this bullshit that the developers often times seem to just glance over, and focus on stuff no one asked them to focus on. It's time address some real issues. I mean honestly, the whole thing with the class bugs not even being fixed after like 8 or 9 patches is just absolutely absurd. How could you possibly have not fixed this, let alone address it by now? Come on, devs, please work on these things.

^ what this guy said in his very nice and kind post. Come on devs, get your shit together. Fix the bugs already! You need to work on the items requested here, not whatever you think is best! Who do you think you are anyway....

I think some people got a little salty. This post wasn't meant to get people salty, this post was meant for the devs to hear some feedback about the mod, albeit very aggressively on stuff that really seems like it should have been fixed long ago, or stuff that isn't getting talked about elsewhere. Thanks for your work retired MBII devs, but your nonconstructive sarcasm isn't needed.

DaloLorn

I think some people got a little salty. This post wasn't meant to get people salty, this post was meant for the devs to hear some feedback about the mod, albeit very aggressively on stuff that really seems like it should have been fixed long ago, or stuff that isn't getting talked about elsewhere. Thanks for your work retired MBII devs, but your nonconstructive sarcasm isn't needed.

You do realize they were literally the team's leaders until a few weeks ago? I think if anyone should be painfully aware of issues like that, it's them.

Tasmann there's two ways to write things:
"Aggressive post"
"REALLY MB2 DEVS? ARE YOU FRICKING HECKING KIDDING ME? YOU HAVENT FIXED THIS MINOR BUG AND CHANGED THE ANIMATION OF SWINGING A LIGHTSABER? MB2 IS DEAD FOREVER. GOODBYE"

"Passive post"
"I think in light of the recent events, I would like to call on to this screenshot of a jedi swinging his lightsaber. As you can see, it's a solid demonstration of a mid 2000's era animation, which is fine. I personally would prefer if you added in a new animation so it is more clear. Thanks! Now I will discuss bugs..."

pssst y r u pointing out saber combat? i thought as a mando you were strictly forbidden using them :mad: i think you need to ban flash for using sabers in a star wars game

Tasmann there's two ways to write things:
"Aggressive post"
"REALLY MB2 DEVS? ARE YOU FRICKING HECKING KIDDING ME? YOU HAVENT FIXED THIS MINOR BUG AND CHANGED THE ANIMATION OF SWINGING A LIGHTSABER? MB2 IS DEAD FOREVER. GOODBYE"

"Passive post"
"I think in light of the recent events, I would like to call on to this screenshot of a jedi swinging his lightsaber. As you can see, it's a solid demonstration of a mid 2000's era animation, which is fine. I personally would prefer if you added in a new animation so it is more clear. Thanks! Now I will discuss bugs..."

pssst y r u pointing out saber combat? i thought as a mando you were strictly forbidden using them :mad: i think you need to ban flash for using sabers in a star wars game
This is the highlight of this thread

Viserys

ex team lead

What's not needed is posts like yours. I've said before and I'll say again: aggressive posts like these that berate and belittle the development effort are great in demotivating developers, who, (again), are spending their free (and non-free) time on this.

But, I have a shiny new banner :) so carry on bashing, but let me first explain what I would like to think is obvious, but apparently not, so here goes:

Yes, there are several things in MBII that should have been fixed, but haven't. Joinbug is definitely one of them (and actually, there are MANY joinbugs, not just one). Why?

1) Because the MBII dev team has always been a voluntary team. People like to work some stuff, and not on other stuff. Hard to force people to do something when you don't pay them.

2) And most importantly, because believe it or not, some bugs are hard to fix. You may think it's a matter of just spending a few hours and fixing it, when in fact, bugs have been around for many years, many devs took shots at them, and none figured them out. That's just the nature of a) spaghetti code and b) intermittent bugs that cannot be consistently reproduced. MBII code is full of comments from many coders demonstrating this problem. In my opinion, joinbugs (including kylebug) are the most problematic bugs to fix, especially without knowledge of the engine code.

In fact, days before I retired, I found a piece of join code that had a rather significant cvar error. I imagine that has been there since the early MBII days, but it needed very detailed debugging in order to be found (I'm talking spending hours trying to understand what happens on every step of the join process on over a dozen variables, functions and menu items, and literally draw diagrams of interdependencies to understand how it all works). I fixed that and several other things and if that is released on the next patch it will hopefully fix one (the jedi/sith red text bug) or maybe more of the joinbugs. So your belief that we don't care about major bugs is false, because yes, we are doing something about it.

So no, not as simple as it sounds, and no, we are not 'salty' (a ridiculous word used by 'wise' men to describe any source of frustration, whether justified or not). Your post is hostile and a) demonstrates your belief that your gameplay opinion is somehow universal law (when this forum is FULL of evidence on how opinions vary significantly), b) shows you're ungrateful for the time people spend working on the game you play, and most importantly, c) highlights your complete ignorance of what is involved with developing a game that has been edited dozens of times by dozens of devs over 13 years (or any game for that matter).

What's not needed is posts like yours. I've said before and I'll say again: aggressive posts like these that berate and belittle the development effort are great in demotivating developers, who, (again), are spending their free (and non-free) time on this.

But, I have a shiny new banner :) so carry on bashing, but let me first explain what I would like to think is obvious, but apparently not, so here goes:

Yes, there are several things in MBII that should have been fixed, but haven't. Joinbug is definitely one of them (and actually, there are MANY joinbugs, not just one). Why?

1) Because the MBII dev team has always been a voluntary team. People like to work some stuff, and not on other stuff. Hard to force people to do something when you don't pay them.

2) And most importantly, because believe it or not, some bugs are hard to fix. You may think it's a matter of just spending a few hours and fixing it, when in fact, bugs have been around for many years, many devs took shots at them, and none figured them out. That's just the nature of a) spaghetti code and b) intermittent bugs that cannot be consistently reproduced. MBII code is full of comments from many coders demonstrating this problem.

In fact, days before I retired, I found a piece of join code that had a rather significant cvar error. I imagine that has been there since the early MBII days, but it needed very detailed debugging in order to be found (I'm talking spending hours trying to understand what happens on every step of the join process on over a dozen variables, functions and menu items, and literally draw diagrams of interdependencies to understand how it all works). I fixed that and several other things and if that is released on the next patch it will hopefully fix one (the jedi/sith red text bug) or maybe more of the joinbugs. So your belief that we don't care about major bugs is false, because yes, we are doing something about it.

So no, not as simple as it sounds, and no, we are not 'salty' (a ridiculous word used by 'wise' men to describe any source of frustration, whether justified or not). Your post is hostile and a) demonstrates your belief that your gameplay opinion is somehow universal law (when this forum is FULL of evidence on how opinions vary significantly), b) shows you're ungrateful for the time people spend on the game you play, and most importantly, c) highlights your complete ignorance of what is involved with developing a game that has been edited dozens of times by dozens of devs over 13 years (or any game for that matter).

spoken like a TRUE MANDALORIAN!

Who says that again? wasn't that Montross to Jango on the bando gora planet?

Fine, if your devs have spent so much time on these bugs, and with it being a volunteer project, then bring other volunteers in that would know how to do some of these things and fix these bugs better than your current devs can. I'm not saying replace them, but add to them. Open source it even if that helps. Bring in people that can actually help with these things that were brought up. Also, sure, it's probably harder than I understand, but we've gone through 8 or 9 different patches/versions since 1.4, and these problems were present even in 1.3. Hell there was a patch that claimed that the crashing in MB2 was fixed, yet every now and then I still crash, albeit it's less frequent, but still crash occasionally on map changes. There's also the bug with the automatic leave-server function when the launcher isn't recognized as active, where sometimes your launcher is running, but the game still kicks you off the server because it thinks you don't have the launcher running. That hasn't happened to me often, but it has happened to me a couple of times, and I see many other people having the same issue.

Also, I said salty because you and Spaghetti, two retired devs, came in here and simply made sarcastic replies as if everything I said is worthless. Honestly? Grow a pair. Learn to deal with criticism. I've been playing this mod for four years and up until now I've been mostly silent about the mod here on the forums. There is only one other time I can think of where I got involved in discussions of the mod. Just because I come on here and don't sing your praises doesn't mean that I don't appreciate your mod. The fact that I play the mod regularly shows that I appreciate it. What, you want a parade thrown in your honor? Coming on here and telling you how great of a wonderful little snowflake y'all are is not going to help you work on the things that need working on. Telling you the things that are wrong with the mod does give you some direction for investigation, and then problem solving. So no. I won't come on here and tell you how great you are. If I come on these forums to comment on the mod, it's going to be stuff that needs fixing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, and if it ain't broke, there's no use talking about it.

Also, I don't know why you came to the conclusion that what I said is universal law, that statement honestly makes no sense, and I think you're just trying to sound smart by using big words in a fancy way. Get out of here, sophist.

The main point though is that if you don't have the people to fix the problems, then find the people that can fix the problems. You said it yourself, it's a bunch of volunteers. What's so wrong with bringing in new volunteers? To my knowledge and from what I've heard, y'all seem to not want to bring any new talent in. Why? What's the problem with that? What's the problem with open sourcing it? I guarantee you there are many programmers out there who are more competent in specific areas than your devs who really specialize in other areas are. It's not hard.

@Nova
There was one other time where I brought up a feedback post about this game, and that was much more nicely worded than this one, if I recall correctly. To my knowledge, it didn't do shit. Some of the stuff I listed in my feedback on this post, the areas that are far more strongly worded, have been problems ever since 1.3, so yeah, to me it looked like they were dragging their asses. You can't tell me that they can revamp an entire saber system and do so much work with these variables and then not be able to even figure out how to fix one damn bug that happens with regularity (not saying that there is only one bug, just specifically referring to the red text jedi/sith joinbug that's been around ever since 1.3, which, again, was 8/9 patches ago). Also, as far as the bringing in my clan thing, who the fuck are you anyway? We're primarily a gunner clan, but people are allowed to be proficient at saber too. How's about keeping it on topic instead of bringing my clan into this for no good reason?

@Luna

By the way, you're a memer, your input is incredulous, unless if you can actually say something intelligent and beneficial to the discussion, and no, using frog memes is not constructive.

Okay, you want a post which doesn't in anyway hurt your snowflake feelings, but gets the point across in not so emphasized of a way? Here ya go.

I. Saber combat

1. Overall, the saber combat seems buggy looking, with the messy look of interrupts and such. I've observed this more recently as I'm starting to understand 1.4 system a little better. However, the messy look often throws me off and makes it very very difficult to really learn how it works from trial and error in-game.
2. My honest opinion which is totally not universal law contrary to what some people may think is that 1.3 dueling system is vastly superior to 1.4. This is because in 1.3, there was the option for variety, and I loved that. I loved being able to use red effectively, yellow effectively, cyan effectively, duals effectively, pretty much all of them effectively. 1.4 standardized it too much to yellow, cyan, and staff, and I just don't really have much fun with it anymore. Aggressive combos seem to not be effective enough, whereas people can "turtle up" so to speak and just do blocks for days, and win. Even new players benefit from this. Red got weakened so much that it is practically useless now, having rather similar damage outputs to yellow, but having a far more severe bp drain. I liked having the variety, and feel very limited in 1.4, which makes for boring saber combat.
3. This version punishes aggressive saberists. It takes away so much bp just for doing a bunch of combos, despite whether or not they're good or bad. If you attack, you're getting punished, and so we have rather boring defensive matches. Make it fun, and upbeat, because right now, the overly defensive emphasis is boring and dull to both play and watch.

II. Saber vs. Gunner Combat

1. The balance between gunner and saberist seems still in favor of the saberist, and the fact that 9 out of 10 times when I join a server each 15-man team has like 10 jedi/sith each is a testament to that. Hell, some games in open the entire team was saberist and I was the only gunner out of 10 people. People have realized how strong sith/jedi are and so they are using it. I am primarily a gunner, and honestly it's stressful to get on and the only servers with people are spamming force user. It makes for very one-dimensional battles lacking variety.
2. Flinch is problematic, but not for saberists, rather for gunners. It's inconsistent. I've blasted saberists that have come really close to me before, and hit them, and they won't get flinched. This is very irritating because of the damage reduction that sith/jedi got along with the flinch mechanic to counteract that so that it's balanced. But flinch is too glitchy to properly be a balance, and so I think this needs to be worked on. Also, jedi/sith now because of the damage reduction can tank a direct rocket that they fail to push, or one that's point blank. This seems rather problematic, as the Mando hardly ever tanks it. It just seems to be too much of a buff.
3. Melee combat needs to honestly get a little buffed. It takes a massive amount of time to switch from blaster to melee, and so a gunner being charged by a jedi has no time to skillfully knock him down with a well-placed kick. Also, the flying kick special melee move is buggy. You have to be dead centered on your target in order for it to work, and even then sometimes when you visually hit the opponent, your body just kinda in a choppy, glitchy fashion grazes right off of his side, and he's able to whack you from behind with a saber. I've gotten killed that way too many times to count, and it's irritating to the point where it isn't even fun.

III. Miscellaneous Items

1. The Mandalorian class getup time is way too slow. Mandalorians, lore-wise, are supposed to be a combat savvy race, warriors who struck fear even in the hearts of jedi. But they get up as slow as turtles, and so they are easily killed by a force push spamming jedi. Walking doesn't always help because I've been pushed over when walking before because of either lag or some sort of glitch happening. This slow get up also makes Mandalorians terrible in melee combat/duels, which is even less in line with lore-wise Mandalorians.
2. Grenades are way too bouncy. You can't even properly push them back or escape them from all the way on the other end of the map because of how bouncy they are, it's a little unrealistic.
3. Soldier getup is kinda an unnecessary nerfing. One push from 25 feet away and a jedi can get a soldier before he even gets up.
4. Get rid of the damage reduction for jedi/sith classes, there's no reason in my opinion for them to have it, and does nothing but encourage people to spam those all the time, making for a rather unskilled, one-dimensional game.
5. Please bring the catwalk back to DOTF, it's a very fun aspect of the map that wasn't necessarily always a source for timewasting like the pit in generator room was.
6. Blocking radius on staff and duals are too wide, people have blocked my saber from behind their backs while doing one of those flurry katas triggered by crouching, attacking, and moving forward. Doesn't promote skill.
7. Class join bugs such as the red text when selecting jedi/sith and getting swapped to the other team with no class points in something you didn't even choose are still a problem, even after 8 or 9 different patches. Surely there must be a way to fix them, and it would be very good and I would appreciate it if the devs could find a way to figure this out. It's a rather annoying thing to deal with. I would like to see this worked on more first than the other things that have been done in recent patches.

There, does that protect everyone's snowflake feelings?

Last edited:
Tasmann, you're completely missing the point (whether on purpose is other question). Nobody asked you to fawn after devs and praise them. There is a difference between praise and decent behaviour.

Also, what you wrote about in your initial posts are
- bugs, which are already known
- cry about things being unbalanced, when it was already pointed out that changes are on their way, but not yet ready
- come up with a bunch of ridiculous ideas.
All in your "aggressive" fashion. In other words, this thread is pointless.

Viserys

ex team lead
Also, sure, it's probably harder than I understand, but we've gone through 8 or 9 different patches/versions since 1.4, and these problems were present even in 1.3.

Actually, they have been around much longer. I remember joinbugs from as back as 2008 iirc.

(not saying that there is only one bug, just specifically referring to the red text jedi/sith joinbug that's been around ever since 1.3, which, again, was 8/9 patches ago)

There's the joinbug that spawns you with a random class and config. There's the joinbug that doesn't let you join the game. There's the joinbug that doesn't let you open class config screen unless you reselect your class. There's kylebug. There's more. And they've been around for a long time.

The red text isn't actually a bug at all, it was a patch in an existing bug that was added to notify players of the issue. The bug existed before the red text was added (and I'm guessing before you started playing).

There's also the bug with the automatic leave-server function when the launcher isn't recognized as active, where sometimes your launcher is running, but the game still kicks you off the server

Yes, a known launcher bug. And nobody's working on that. It will remain forever. And grow claws and fangs and eat you. Or maybe someone IS actually working on that. But no, surely not, devs don't fix bugs.

Grow a pair. Learn to deal with criticism.

There's costructive criticism, and then there's raging, bashing, and being an ass. Guess which of the two this is:

7. WITH ALL OF THESE FUCKING PATCHES, IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE THAT I EVEN HAVE TO FUCKING MENTION THIS STILL: FIX YOUR FUCKING CLASS BUGS WHEN JOINING A MATCH!!!!

I'm telling you what you need to be told: give your feedback in a respectful manner or don't give it at all. 'Learn to deal with criticism'.

What, you want a parade thrown in your honor? Coming on here and telling you how great of a wonderful little snowflake y'all are is not going to help you work on the things that need working on

Yes, I also want flowers sent on a daily basis, sacrifices done in my name, and a million dollars.
Or maybe I just want you to not be rude.

Get out of here, sophist.

lol.

What's so wrong with bringing in new volunteers? To my knowledge and from what I've heard, y'all seem to not want to bring any new talent in. Why?

Yes, you got that right. In fact we get 10 dev apps per day and reject them all without reading them. We don't want any new devs joining us.
Wait. How is the dev team still around then with all the people retiring. Hmmm...

What's the problem with open sourcing it?

I don't know, maybe read the thread dedicated to that subject and find out.

It's not hard.

If you say so, surely you speak from a position of experience. I surely never tried getting new devs in, announced positions, did orientations, etc. Or did I?

Hell there was a patch that claimed that the crashing in MB2 was fixed

Really? That's curious, considering 'crashing' isn't one thing. It's many, many bugs that can cause crashes of various types. And they change each release. But if you believe there can be such a thing as 'a patch that fixes crashing in MB2', then you once again prove my point: you have zero understanding of how game code works.

Also, I said salty because you and Spaghetti, two retired devs, came in here and simply made sarcastic replies as if everything I said is worthless. Honestly? Grow a pair. Learn to deal with criticism.
"Grow a pair, learn to deal with criticism"
Says the guy who seems pretty upset that people are giving you 'sarcastic' criticism. But in all honesty they were just giving some regular old CRITICISM.

I guarantee you there are many programmers out there who are more competent in specific areas than your devs who really specialize in other areas are. It's not hard.
I don't know if you know anything about programming but I think 'It's not hard' is an understatement. I bet they have been looking for people to help this whole time.

@Nova
You can't tell me that they can revamp an entire saber system and do so much work with these variables and then not be able to even figure out how to fix one damn bug that happens with regularity
they can revamp an entire saber system and do so much work with the variables but they cant figure out how to fix one damn bug that happens regularly because viserys just said they tried for hours on end to fix it but it was too stupidly hard.

Also, as far as the bringing in my clan thing, who the fuck are you anyway? We're primarily a gunner clan, but people are allowed to be proficient at saber too. How's about keeping it on topic instead of bringing my clan into this for no good reason?

I am Nova. And I bring your clan into this as a joke mr.grow a pair. Because last night you whined and cried in caps that flash was using a saber instead of BEING AN HONORABLE PERSON AND USING GUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:(((((((((((((((((((

There was one other time where I brought up a feedback post about this game, and that was much more nicely worded than this one, if I recall correctly. To my knowledge, it didn't do shit..

im sorry wat? is that supposed to mean you get a free pass for making a post in an 'aggressive' manner towards the devs?

Last edited:
Clearly you don't know what you're talking about Nova, and try to insert yourself in places where you don't even know the context. Such unintelligence will not be accepted by me. Sorry.

Welp, I tried putting in a non-aggressive version of my post. I guess y'all didn't see that?

Viserys, if you've been doing all that, awesome, do it more then. Also link to the open source thread?

Clearly you don't know what you're talking about Nova, and try to insert yourself in places where you don't even know the context.
I'm sorry, but isnt the context that you're mad cuz 'GAME IZ 2 BAD LOOKING NEED BETER GRAFFIKS PLS.? ALSO GAM IZ NOT 100% BUG FREE. IZ BAD GAM. YET I STIL PLAY IT ANAYWAY. :mad:'

Such unintelligence will not be accepted by me. Sorry.

How many intelligence points do i need to talk to such a highly superior being like yourself? I bow to you. forgive my foolish intellectual human brain.

are u this guy? cuz only this head could hold that much brain power that you have

latest

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
I understand your frustration.

Some points raised were valid here. We've been collecting a list of minor changes that could alleviate frustrations while generally maintaining the present balance. Jedi are stronger initially, but a really skilled gunner is far more formidable in the end. That's just the way it goes for most part. Before going through with any of the changes however, we'll be posting them alongside our comments on the Dev Diary section to gauge the community's thoughts.

Key points the changes alleviate:
  • Frustration caused by knockdowns
  • Inconsistent behaviour
  • Snipers more flexible to use, but require more setup and accuracy
  • Overall a lot of general frustration points
Expect a post on this relatively soon.