So many patches, yet many more bugs.

Alright.

It's not often I come and tell you developers anything wrong about your mod. However, the numerous amount of patches that I keep having to download without seeing any fixes for the actual bugs in the game has driven me beyond senile. I've finally had enough of the glitches and bugs that overall have the ability to ruin my gameplay, that I'm now writing to you to implore you to finally fix your bug-infested mod. Bear with me, this list is going to be hefty.

I. Saber combat

1. Overall, the saber combat is just glitchy and buggy looking. I've recently been getting better at the shitty dueling system that 1.4 as a whole is, and because of that I'm able to see much more clearly just how glitchy it is. It honestly makes me think that everyone is lagging at every single saber strike, because when sabers clash, they just kinda sit there for a split second, and then teleport to another location. This makes dueling very distracting and overall not fun. Please clean it up.
2. This one will probably be disregarded, but I don't care, I'm saying it anyway. The dueling system that came with 1.4 is absolute shit. I honestly don't understand why you guys EVER overhauled the system completely from 1.3, which had a beautifully diverse dueling system. In 1.3, I saw red users, blue users, yellow users, cyan users, purple users, dual users, and staff users all over the place, with there being a healthy diversity as a whole. Then, in 1.4, you completely nerfed red, making it completely and utterly useless, to the point where even a first day noob can drain all of your bp just by holding the block button before you kill him with red. Cyan, yellow, and staff are about the only styles worth using at this point, and all of the community has realized that. I never see red, blue, duals, nor purple anymore. None of it. I don't ever see any of it. Why is that? Because y'all stupidly nerfed everything except those styles, and then super buffed those same styles. Someone can just "turtle up", so to speak, and just hold block for days, and win no matter how good your combos are. I have developed some pretty good combos as of late, but they don't matter for shit because this version favors defensive playstyle more than aggressive playstyle, and that is a fucking huge disappointment and does not promote any sort of skill competition. It's literally just a spam fest to see who the best spammer is. Fucked up. Bring back 1.3 saber system. At least with that there was a wide variety of choices, and no one style was significantly overpowered compared to the other, and each one had a counter.
3. This version punishes aggressive saberists too much. It takes away so much bp just for doing a bunch of combos, despite whether or not they're good or bad. If you attack, you're getting punished, because we shouldn't be aggressive, we should be friendly!!! It's not a fucking jousting match developers, it's a lightsaber battle. Make it more fun, allow good combos to be rewarded rather than punished. Make it fun, and upbeat, because right now, the overly defensive emphasis is boring and dull to both play and watch.

II. Saber vs. Gunner Combat

1. Yeah so this is still a problem. The balance between gunner and saberist is appallingly in favor of the saberist, and the fact that 9 out of 10 times when I join a server each 15-man team has like 10 jedi/sith each is a testament to that. Hell, some games in open the entire team was saberist and I was the only gunner out of 10 people. People aren't dumb, developers, they know that the lack of balance is favored towards saberists. I am primarily a gunner, and honestly it's stressful to get on and the only servers with people are spamming the fuck out of glowsticks. I mean, do you even play the mod that you guys make? Take a fucking look and see just how many times jedi/sith are getting spammed.
2. Flinch is problematic, but not for saberists, rather for gunners. It's inconsistent as fuck. I've blasted saberists that have come really close to me before, and hit them, and they won't get flinched. Why? I don't fucking know, it's probably because of some shitty job of coding or some shit. I'm legitimately pissed about the flinch mechanic because it was nothing more than an excuse to give jedi/sith a damage reduction buff back when 1.4 was originally released. We're now on v1.4.8.1, and it's still a fucking problem. Flinch is still glitchy and inconsistent as fuck, yet the damage reduction of course will work for jedi/sith all the time. Now, when I kick down a jedi, and blast him on the ground, it's not enough, and they're able to get up and extendo saber me, because fuck the gunners. Also, jedi/sith can now effective tank rockets. I have rocketed a jedi/sith literally right in front of me, only to see that they DON'T FUCKING DIE, BUT I DO!!!! THAT is fucking bullshit, and there is no fucking reason a jedi/sith should be able to tank a rocket point blank. And before you even say it, no, they did not push the rocket.
3. Melee combat needs to honestly get a little buffed. It takes a massive amount of time to switch from blaster to melee, and so a gunner being charged by a noob jedi has no time to skillfully knock him down with a well-placed kick. Also, the flying kick special melee move is buggy as fuck. You have to be dead fucking centered on your target in order for it to work, and even then sometimes when you visually hit the opponent, your body just kinda in a choppy, glitchy fashion grazes right off of his side, and he's able to whack you from behind with a saber. I've gotten killed that way too many times to count, and it's fucking too much at this point. I shouldn't be getting killed by some newbie on his second day just because the developers don't want to fix a fucking issue.

III. Miscellaneous Items

1. The Mandalorian class getup time is way too fucking slow. I'm sorry, but Mandalorians are supposed to be a combat savvy race, warriors who struck fear even in the hearts of jedi. How the fuck can that be the case if a fucking turtle can get up faster than them? All it takes is one force push by some newbie jedi and they're dead. The jetpack's movement warmup is already slow enough that they don't need to be getting up so slowly. Give them bounty hunter get up or ARC trooper getup or something, but just don't make them so fucking slow. It's the worst.
2. Grenades are way too fucking bouncy. You can't even properly push them back or escape them from all the way on the other end of the map because of how bouncy they are, they're kinda dumb. Realistically, grenades never bounce that much.
3. Soldier getup is kinda an unnecessary nerfing. One push from 25 feet away and a jedi can get a soldier before he even gets up.
4. Get rid of the damage reduction for jedi/sith classes, there's absolutely no reason for them to have it, and does nothing but encourage noobs to spam those all the time, making for a rather unskilled game.
5. The new DOTF is even worse than the previous one. There's absolutely no fucking reason to remove the catwalk. The pit? Sure, there were a lot of time wasters there, but the catwalk was a legitimate tactic and was a great place to have melee battles and other battles. It was a crowd favorite. The catwalk needs to come back.
6. Blocking radius on staff and duals are really fucking gay, noobs have blocked my saber from behind they backs while doing one of those gay flurry katas triggered by crouching, attacking, and moving forward. Doesn't promote skill.
7. WITH ALL OF THESE FUCKING PATCHES, IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE THAT I EVEN HAVE TO FUCKING MENTION THIS STILL: FIX YOUR FUCKING CLASS BUGS WHEN JOINING A MATCH!!!! The fucking jedi/sith classes still bug out in various ways when you switch to those in open mode, and it's really getting stupid. Sometimes when you select jedi, when the next round begins, it switches you to sith with no points, and all of the sudden you have to scramble to get back on your team and get your setup. Another bug that happens is at the start of the new round after picking a jedi/sith class, you aren't able to bring up class configuration until you click the join tab again after spawning in, giving the message in red text: "Error: Invalid class selection...." until you finally go and fix it. Then, once it is fix, it gives you the fucking default build again, so you have to go change it. Also, there's still a bug where it just won't let you join in in a round. AND STILL YET, there is another bug YET AGAIN WITH THE JEDI/SITH CLASSES! Sometimes, when switching from gunner to sith/jedi, it won't even spawn you as that class, and will leave you at your previous class with skill points invested in all kinds of wonky things, to where I get whacky class builds such as in soldier, it'll give me a 1 life soldier with full armor and ammo, full e-11 and pistol, and 2 concussion grenades, even though I selection a sith with yellow and cyan. It's the stupidest thing and makes no sense. Again, we're on patch version 1.4.8.1, you'd think that by now y'all would have fucking fixed these problems which were happening all the way back in 1.3. For fucks sake...start fixing some actual bugs rather than just changing some small meaningless thing, and calling it a "patch."

Yes, this is an aggressive post, and no, I don't apologize for it. I'm honestly sick and tired of dealing with this bullshit that the developers often times seem to just glance over, and focus on stuff no one asked them to focus on. It's time address some real issues. I mean honestly, the whole thing with the class bugs not even being fixed after like 8 or 9 patches is just absolutely absurd. How could you possibly have not fixed this, let alone address it by now? Come on, devs, please work on these things.

Sincerely,

One pissed off client.

EDIT: This is something that a friend of mine, Reverse Flash, sent me as proof of the spam I indicated.

JPEG_20171231_203625.jpg

Last edited:
I understand your frustration.
Frustration caused by knockdowns

Ben don't buff the mandalorian knockdown time. You can't have a class that is literally one of the best and can fly away from jedi at any time and have him get up in half a second.

I think tas wants his precious main class to be buffed so he can feel good when he crushes those puny jedi with his brain powers!

By the way, you're a memer, your input is incredulous, unless if you can actually say something intelligent and beneficial to the discussion, and no, using frog memes is not constructive.
Meme should be singular since I posted only one meme in this thread. Moreover using personal attacks is less likely to make your argument "intelligent" and "beneficial" during the discussion.
The Mandalorian class getup time is way too slow. Mandalorians, lore-wise, are supposed to be a combat savvy race, warriors who struck fear even in the hearts of jedi. But they get up as slow as turtles, and so they are easily killed by a force push spamming jedi.
I'm going to quote myself from the first post;
If you get pushed by a newbie jedi you're the problem not the get up speed my dude
This suggestion is incredibly silly because you don't seem to understand the Mandalorian class has hardly any downsides by going by the good ol' fashion build of EE-3 3, armor 3, ammo 3, fuel 3/fuel 2 and a flamethrower. Technically speaking they're already more mobile than the Jedi and the Sith solely because of their Jetpack, which is a pain for the Jedi to deal with Mandos already.
Walking doesn't always help because I've been pushed over when walking before because of either lag or some sort of glitch happening. This slow get up also makes Mandalorians terrible in melee combat/duels, which is even less in line with lore-wise Mandalorians.
Lore-wise the Jedi should have an access to telekinesis as a force power and the Sith should be able to push Wookiees(without mentioning the fact they should be able to attack during force speed), but nobody is suggesting that. Why? Because those ideas are not only ridiculous, but also dumb. Anyhow, you're not supposed to use Mandalorians for close-quarters because they were designed for the medium-range with access to gimmicks like the wrist laser(THIS is what should've been buffed in Mando's kit only), flamethrowers and rockets.
Grenades are way too bouncy. You can't even properly push them back or escape them from all the way on the other end of the map because of how bouncy they are, it's a little unrealistic
That's more or less an engine problem.
4. Get rid of the damage reduction for jedi/sith classes, there's no reason in my opinion for them to have it, and does nothing but encourage people to spam those all the time, making for a rather unskilled, one-dimensional game.
images

So wait, you're bragging how the Mandos are not "CQC-savvy like they're in lore-wise" but you're completely ignoring how the Jedi and the Sith are tanky lore wise? The more I read your posts the more I am sure you're a seasoned troll with the private message you sent me on the new years, haha. It's good to know the Jedi area rather unskilled, one-dimensional class, pushing every grenade:)p:p:p:p) is thrown at them, being nigh-unkillable killing machines!!!

Quoting Tasmann:
The Mandalorian class getup time is way too slow. Mandalorians, lore-wise, are supposed to be a combat savvy race, warriors who struck fear even in the hearts of jedi. But they get up as slow as turtles, and so they are easily killed by a force push spamming jedi.

Well, I mean yeah mandos are warriors and super powerful vs jedi lore-wise but they aren't invincible.

That's like me saying
"Well.. hmm... Wookies are extremely huge, powerful, and warriors in the starwars universe. The devs really need to make wookies be able to just 1 hit every single class in the game aside from droids, because lore-wise wookies tear peoples arms off."

Gameplay wise: If mandos have super quick getup times, how would a jedi even POSSIBLY come close to killing them? Imagine chasing a mando down while hes flying, and when he finally runs out of fuel and you have the chance, you push him, he gets up in 0.5 seconds and just shoots your head off.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Tasmann,

I understand the frustration you are feeling and I understand that you feel we are not doing enough to fix what I are some rather sizeable bugs and what are some possible balance issues. I'd just like to tell you what we are doing about some of the points you've raised.

Fine, if your devs have spent so much time on these bugs, and with it being a volunteer project, then bring other volunteers in that would know how to do some of these things and fix these bugs better than your current devs can. I'm not saying replace them, but add to them. Open source it even if that helps. Bring in people that can actually help with these things that were brought up. Also, sure, it's probably harder than I understand, but we've gone through 8 or 9 different patches/versions since 1.4, and these problems were present even in 1.3. Hell there was a patch that claimed that the crashing in MB2 was fixed, yet every now and then I still crash, albeit it's less frequent, but still crash occasionally on map changes.

We are constantly looking out for people who can code or contribute in other ways, from art work and level design to beta testing and feedback, just this week we have welcomed back two former team members who want to help out some more, one is a coder and one a level designer. The thing I would like you to keep in mind with MB2 is when we say spaghetti code we don't mean just regular spaghetti code, we mean spaghetti code that has largely been written by inexperienced developers. What this means for us is that there is a large technical debt in some areas. In simple terms this means that someone hacked together the code many years ago without any kind of thinking ahead in terms of how that code will evolve and over time other code has come to depend on that hacked together code. So as a totally made up example, fixing a "simple" join bug might mean altering code that affects systems as diverse as SMOD to model selection to the spawn system. This is where the debt builds up, its a visible bug, we want to fix it quickly, so we do the quick and dirty fix and the problem continues. So what I want us to do is to start paying back that debt. Maybe it means we add less new stuff this year, I don't know yet to be honest with you.

There's also the bug with the automatic leave-server function when the launcher isn't recognized as active, where sometimes your launcher is running, but the game still kicks you off the server because it thinks you don't have the launcher running. That hasn't happened to me often, but it has happened to me a couple of times, and I see many other people having the same issue.

Stay tuned on this. Hopefully there will be some Launcher related news in the next week or two.

Also, I said salty because you and Spaghetti, two retired devs, came in here and simply made sarcastic replies as if everything I said is worthless. Honestly? Grow a pair. Learn to deal with criticism. I've been playing this mod for four years and up until now I've been mostly silent about the mod here on the forums. There is only one other time I can think of where I got involved in discussions of the mod. Just because I come on here and don't sing your praises doesn't mean that I don't appreciate your mod. The fact that I play the mod regularly shows that I appreciate it. What, you want a parade thrown in your honor? Coming on here and telling you how great of a wonderful little snowflake y'all are is not going to help you work on the things that need working on. Telling you the things that are wrong with the mod does give you some direction for investigation, and then problem solving. So no. I won't come on here and tell you how great you are. If I come on these forums to comment on the mod, it's going to be stuff that needs fixing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, and if it ain't broke, there's no use talking about it.

I can appreciate and see your passion. Believe me no one meant you any disrespect, if you have criticism or problems or things that you think we can do better than please by all means post them. We cant fix the things people care about if they don't tell us about them. Sometimes things that are painfully obvious to you aren't obvious to others. Maybe some of the things that bother you are opinion that the team will disagree with you on, but you are more than welcome to voice your opinion and criticise us when we are wrong. All that I ask is that criticism is kept polite and constructive - please don't take that to be aimed at you, it is a general comment.

The main point though is that if you don't have the people to fix the problems, then find the people that can fix the problems. You said it yourself, it's a bunch of volunteers. What's so wrong with bringing in new volunteers? To my knowledge and from what I've heard, y'all seem to not want to bring any new talent in. Why? What's the problem with that? What's the problem with open sourcing it? I guarantee you there are many programmers out there who are more competent in specific areas than your devs who really specialize in other areas are. It's not hard.

Don't believe everything you hear. We are keen for new people to join the team, to help us out and to bring new ideas to implement. Not everyone applies is successful for various reasons. Mostly it tends to be people that cant work as part of a team. If you want bugs fixed and a good coherent experience everyone has to pull in the same direction.

I. Saber combat

1. Overall, the saber combat seems buggy looking, with the messy look of interrupts and such. I've observed this more recently as I'm starting to understand 1.4 system a little better. However, the messy look often throws me off and makes it very very difficult to really learn how it works from trial and error in-game.
2. My honest opinion which is totally not universal law contrary to what some people may think is that 1.3 dueling system is vastly superior to 1.4. This is because in 1.3, there was the option for variety, and I loved that. I loved being able to use red effectively, yellow effectively, cyan effectively, duals effectively, pretty much all of them effectively. 1.4 standardized it too much to yellow, cyan, and staff, and I just don't really have much fun with it anymore. Aggressive combos seem to not be effective enough, whereas people can "turtle up" so to speak and just do blocks for days, and win. Even new players benefit from this. Red got weakened so much that it is practically useless now, having rather similar damage outputs to yellow, but having a far more severe bp drain. I liked having the variety, and feel very limited in 1.4, which makes for boring saber combat.
3. This version punishes aggressive saberists. It takes away so much bp just for doing a bunch of combos, despite whether or not they're good or bad. If you attack, you're getting punished, and so we have rather boring defensive matches. Make it fun, and upbeat, because right now, the overly defensive emphasis is boring and dull to both play and watch.

Tempest is working on some bug fixes and balance changes to saber combat. I don't know if there is a thread publicly discussing this or anything, but I do know he has been working very hard at it and getting lots of feedback.

II. Saber vs. Gunner Combat

1. The balance between gunner and saberist seems still in favor of the saberist, and the fact that 9 out of 10 times when I join a server each 15-man team has like 10 jedi/sith each is a testament to that. Hell, some games in open the entire team was saberist and I was the only gunner out of 10 people. People have realized how strong sith/jedi are and so they are using it. I am primarily a gunner, and honestly it's stressful to get on and the only servers with people are spamming force user. It makes for very one-dimensional battles lacking variety.
2. Flinch is problematic, but not for saberists, rather for gunners. It's inconsistent. I've blasted saberists that have come really close to me before, and hit them, and they won't get flinched. This is very irritating because of the damage reduction that sith/jedi got along with the flinch mechanic to counteract that so that it's balanced. But flinch is too glitchy to properly be a balance, and so I think this needs to be worked on. Also, jedi/sith now because of the damage reduction can tank a direct rocket that they fail to push, or one that's point blank. This seems rather problematic, as the Mando hardly ever tanks it. It just seems to be too much of a buff.
3. Melee combat needs to honestly get a little buffed. It takes a massive amount of time to switch from blaster to melee, and so a gunner being charged by a jedi has no time to skillfully knock him down with a well-placed kick. Also, the flying kick special melee move is buggy. You have to be dead centered on your target in order for it to work, and even then sometimes when you visually hit the opponent, your body just kinda in a choppy, glitchy fashion grazes right off of his side, and he's able to whack you from behind with a saber. I've gotten killed that way too many times to count, and it's irritating to the point where it isn't even fun.

I would disagree with this. I would say 7 times out of 10 in an open area with an average gunner against an average jedi the gunner will win. Obviously this varies from class to class. If that gunner happens to be a wookie you can probably up that to 95 out of 100 times, if it's a soldier maybe its closer to 3 out of 10. I agree that flinch isn't quite right. I think it's a bad mechanic all around right now. Punishes the Jedi too much when it happens, Punishes the gunner too much when it isn't. As a team we have to look at balance as an living thing. We make a change and new tactics become viable, its not entirely predictable until its been out on the public servers for a decent period of time.
III. Miscellaneous Items

1. The Mandalorian class getup time is way too slow. Mandalorians, lore-wise, are supposed to be a combat savvy race, warriors who struck fear even in the hearts of jedi. But they get up as slow as turtles, and so they are easily killed by a force push spamming jedi. Walking doesn't always help because I've been pushed over when walking before because of either lag or some sort of glitch happening. This slow get up also makes Mandalorians terrible in melee combat/duels, which is even less in line with lore-wise Mandalorians.
2. Grenades are way too bouncy. You can't even properly push them back or escape them from all the way on the other end of the map because of how bouncy they are, it's a little unrealistic.
3. Soldier getup is kinda an unnecessary nerfing. One push from 25 feet away and a jedi can get a soldier before he even gets up.
4. Get rid of the damage reduction for jedi/sith classes, there's no reason in my opinion for them to have it, and does nothing but encourage people to spam those all the time, making for a rather unskilled, one-dimensional game.
6. Blocking radius on staff and duals are too wide, people have blocked my saber from behind their backs while doing one of those flurry katas triggered by crouching, attacking, and moving forward. Doesn't promote skill.
7. Class join bugs such as the red text when selecting jedi/sith and getting swapped to the other team with no class points in something you didn't even choose are still a problem, even after 8 or 9 different patches. Surely there must be a way to fix them, and it would be very good and I would appreciate it if the devs could find a way to figure this out. It's a rather annoying thing to deal with. I would like to see this worked on more first than the other things that have been done in recent patches.

I think most of these I've already indirectly covered as general balance tweaks, But I do want to pick this one out.

5. Please bring the catwalk back to DOTF, it's a very fun aspect of the map that wasn't necessarily always a source for timewasting like the pit in generator room was.

The rebels in DOTF are the attacking team. Giving them an area to defend is therefore not good design. If the rebels choose not to attack they are going to lose by time if they have a good area to defend or are gonna get caught in a crossfire by the advancing imperials if they chose to instead sit there and wait to lose. This is a squad objective based game, not a team death match.[/code][/quote][/QUOTE]

The rebels in DOTF are the attacking team. Giving them an area to defend is therefore not good design. If the rebels choose not to attack they are going to lose by time if they have a good area to defend or are gonna get caught in a crossfire by the advancing imperials if they chose to instead sit there and wait to lose. This is a squad objective based game, not a team death match.[/code]
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

What you just said was perfect. I can understand why people complain about cat, but the only thing it ever did was let rebs (THE ATTACKING TEAM) sit in an elevated area waiting for a defending team to push..

If you look at lunarbase, where the rebels spawn theres a catwalk next to the giant ship and it literally serves no purpose. AT ALL. Same with dotf, no reason to have a cat in hangar unless the imps push so insanely hard that you sit in your spawn.

Thank you Good 'Ol Ben and Defiant, your responses are appreciated.

Luna, I sent you that message because you decided to be a dick towards one of my clan mates just because he sent me the picture I started this thread with for no good reason whatsoever. You chose to pick a fight with him for no good reason whatsoever. My message was to tell you to fuck off, otherwise you'll be hearing a lot more from me and the Mandos as a whole. Shitstain.

But now that actual representatives of the dev team have made responses, I'm content with that much for the time being and hope to see at least some of my suggestions implemented in future versions.

Please don't get the sense I'm not grateful for your mod, contrary to what some of these people are saying. I wouldn't be playing it if I didn't appreciate it or like it.

Last edited:

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Ben don't buff the mandalorian knockdown time. You can't have a class that is literally one of the best and can fly away from jedi at any time and have him get up in half a second.
Any changes that are to happen ought to happen with some mirroring tweaks on the other side. This is something we try to be as aware of as possible. Also should be a key point in any discussion we'll have on it. Stay tuned, I'll be compiling something nice regarding this once I have the time to sit down and write everything up. It's a lot to go through and explain :D

Don't worry though, these changes I'm talking about will largely be summed up with: "What if we change this number here?"

Nothing key to the core gameplay mechanics should change.

Thank you Good 'Ol I sent you that message because you decided to be a dick towards one of my clan mates just because he sent me the picture I started this thread with for no good reason whatsoever. You chose to pick a fight with him for no good reason whatsoever. My message was to tell you to fuck off, otherwise you'll be hearing a lot more from me and the Mandos as a whole. Shitstain.
lmfao
Mate, nice evasion of what I said mate. I've only said only said "you're so silly and so bullyable lmao" while being drunk for the new year. It only proves that you're a seasoned troll since you focused only on that one that bit anyways, nor I care about your nerd friends. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

eezstreet

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Yoyoyo @Tasmann, let me chime in here as someone who has also complained about the number of bugs in the game and tried religiously to fix them in the past while I was on the dev team.

@Viserys, while I think her first post in this thread was overly snarky, is totally right here. Everyone on the team is a volunteer, and the amount of stupid stuff they get from people is ridiculous. Your posts kinda demonstrate this. You don't need to fawn over them and claim that they're the best, blahblah, but how about instead of focusing all of that negative energy on attacking things aimlessly, put it towards measured, sensible changes, and maybe try to help the developers debug the issues. (Devs: "eezstreet talking about measured responses when he's done batshit crazy stuff at times while on the team? Insanity!") Advocate for open source if you think that helps. But like half of your responses on here contain straight-up misinformation, or worse, just attack people like Viserys and Spaghetti and say that their opinion is irrelevant when they were literally leading the project a few weeks ago.

Let me tell ya. I was a person who was all for diving into the code and discovering these issues and how to fix them. I have probably the most experience with programming for this engine out of any of the people who post here. But nopenopenope. The code is a black hole of spaghetti nonsense, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Even if you think something should work one way, it probably doesn't. Many many hands have touched the code, and not all of them have been experienced.

Complicating this, you have over 100 different code branches (at the time of me leaving. I counted.) which all add different things, most of them incomplete. It can take months for even a finished code branch to make it into the released game for various reasons, and this process isn't perfect. Most relevant example: there was a system to add model-based vchat into the game, which only recently made it in. It took five months between that system being finished and it appearing in the game. But it was bugged, apparently with high numbers of players which they didn't test for. So they had to issue a client hotfix.

Cleaning it up would help, but the problem is that the demand for new features and content is much higher. Fixing bugs is not sexy. Big flashy features are. If you used this as a motto, you'd see why things like Evolution of Combat were so popular. What I think would help is if the code were open sourced and people could openly suggest changes to improve the code flow, and perform their own tests, instead of having to round up a designated crew of beta testers every time something minor in the code is changed.

tl;dr I'm a pretty big critic of the idea of pushing out big features without fixing a lot of the important issues that are in the game, like the game always saying that the launcher needs to be running, when it is. It's part of why I left the team, in fact. But I understand why the team does this, and you have to consider it too. The devs are in a constant tug-of-war between adding new features, appealing to balance nerds, and fixing the bugs in the game. On top of this, they're doing this on a codebase which only really serves as a black box for bugs. I don't think getting angry really helps. Collect data, do something useful, give an opinion that nobody has heard before. That will be the truly useful stuff.

Going off of what you said it sounds like there needs to be a little bit of re-evaluating of priorities then. New features are great and all, but you're always going to get clients that want more. Sometimes it's wiser to listen to the other half. I mean, some things are more time sensitive than others. As to the part on the two retired guys, I don't think I said their opinion doesn't matter at all and if I did say that I apologize, that is not what I mean. I called them out for just being sarcastic because they really didn't give an opinion in those sarcastic replies. They were just being passive aggressive, and that's what I dismissed.

Look, what I said isn't meant to step on anyone's toes. As I said I still play the mod so I definitely still enjoy it and appreciate the work done with it already. I just simply thought it was time to say something in a stronger manner than from what I have seen from other people and voice some of the things that seem change-worthy at least to me. Didn't seem like some of the things were there so yeah.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
I would disagree with this. I would say 7 times out of 10 in an open area with an average gunner against an average jedi the gunner will win. Obviously this varies from class to class. If that gunner happens to be a wookie you can probably up that to 95 out of 100 times, if it's a soldier maybe its closer to 3 out of 10. I agree that flinch isn't quite right. I think it's a bad mechanic all around right now. Punishes the Jedi too much when it happens, Punishes the gunner too much when it isn't. As a team we have to look at balance as an living thing. We make a change and new tactics become viable, its not entirely predictable until its been out on the public servers for a decent period of time.]

Man I couldn't disagree with this more. If both are average skilled the Jedi will most definitely win the majority of the time. Right now the skill floor for Jedi is much lower than any other class making effort put in minimal. Even with a good gunner it can be difficult to win versus a slightly lesser skilled Jedi because of things like flinch inconsistency and ease of push, or maps causing knockdowns when walking(stairs).

IMO I feel like Push is too easy, swingblocking shots is too easy, their ability to disengage from unfavorable fights is too easy (also contributing factors such as smaller Jedi hitboxes and damage reduction). Conversely I feel like weapon rate of fire is too fast for things like clone rifle (for how accurate it is), pistols should not be perfect accuracy, and snipers should be immobile for set time before accurate.

My message was to tell you to fuck off, otherwise you'll be hearing a lot more from me and the Mandos as a whole. Shitstain.
woah woah WOAH! WE GOT A BADASS OVER HERE! HE'S CALLIN' HIS PACK!
LUNA YOU FINNA GET EATEN UP BRUTHA!

But to point out what you've said @Tasmann I don't agree with most of it.

Mandalorians getup is fine as it is. They have too much get-away time against jedi.

And 7/10 times the gunner will NOT win. I'll admit I don't play saberists much, I main gunners, especially mando, and half the time I've lost to players just because they run up and start swinging. I know it's not because I'm bad (i am), it's because flinch doesn't work and I get unlucky with timings of pushes.

I agree with you that 1.3 was 5x better lightsaber-wise.

I quote from you: I mean, do you even play the mod that you guys make? Take a fucking look and see just how many times jedi/sith are getting spammed.
o
uch. It IS starwars. In fact, I see less jedi/sith than I ever did in 1.3. I may be wrong though.

I quote: " Grenades are way too fucking bouncy."
Ehm, not much you can do there from what I know. And also thats what makes nades fun :D

"Soldier getup is kinda an unnecessary nerfing. One push from 25 feet away and a jedi can get a soldier before he even gets up."
learn to walk? Not every class needs to have flash-reflexes of getting up, if they did no one would use any force against gunners.

"Get rid of the damage reduction for jedi/sith classes, there's absolutely no reason for them to have it, and does nothing but encourage noobs to spam those all the time, making for a rather unskilled game."
lol.

" Blocking radius on staff and duals are really fucking gay, noobs have blocked my saber from behind they backs while doing one of those gay flurry katas triggered by crouching, attacking, and moving forward. Doesn't promote skill."
I can't agree more on this. I don't know if it needs to be nerfed but 99% of the time I'll come up behind a saberist thinking they're done for and that pull some samurai move and block my saber from behind :(

"I'm tired of the jedi spam"
Meh. Just counter it. It really isnt hard to destroy groups of jedi as a mando or whatever. I mean it's starwars. Can't expect there to be 4 jedi on a 15 man team.

All in all, I think you just need to get used to the 1.4 system and try to play WITH the game rather than looking at the game AGAINST it. Just enjoy all the saberists and have fun shooting them down or clashing all those sabers!

I hate to say it but here's my ending note:
If you're a gunner and you're tired of jedi/sith spam, maybe you need to get better at killing them. If I can do it, so can you.

I know this sounds like an ignorant question to ask but if the code is so broken and messy wouldn't you say it's time to make Movie battles 3? Start over with it and build a better foundation. I know nobody gets payed for it and I know it would be a long and hard process but I feel the end result would be worth it. Then as the years go by people can add and take away from it and have it grow. I am very grateful with what you guys have done and how much work you have put into this and I am glad to share this platform with all of you. I trust you guys to be able to work together and solve this problem so we can all go and have a really awesome time with the game.