Snipers.

Discussion in 'Feedback & Gameplay' started by CC-1119 "Appo', May 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. k4far

k4far Donator

In 1.5.0 version M5 sniper drains aren’t as high. Secondary fire on T-21 will deal lower damage.
    "EE-3 burst is pretty much agreed on(...) between the Developers (...)but it’s out of the scope of next patch."

2. CC-1119 "Appo'

CC-1119 "Appo' Donator Internal Beta Team

Nothing to do with the drains, more the actual power of the weapon.

Scoped M5 is 100% accurate as long as you have dex 3, is fully automatic, can be fired 8 times before needing to reload, deals like 70 - 80 damage on a headshot and like 50 on a bodyshot, has nearly twice the travel speed of a regular M5 shot and has the perk of the M5 in that a reload which only takes 2 seconds reloads the full magazine.

I mean, all snipers in MB2 are stupidly powerful without really requiring any extra skill to unlock this power just a different playstyle, but the M5 Scoped is especially broken right now.

3. Stassin

Stassin Donator Movie Battles II Team Retired

Deals 47 base damage, headshots are 3.0x. 140+ dmg on headshot, not 70-80.

Townsend and CC-1119 "Appo' like this.
  4. CC-1119 "Appo'

Seriously?

5. Tylenol

Tylenol Internal Beta Team

Can we put this thread back into consideration now that we're finally gonna stop concentrating on the stupid saber system?

Snipers have always made me die inside but even more so recently ever since I've forced myself to play the classes I hate (Mando, Hero,BH) and have found myself actually performing way better than I do with my mains (soldier, ET).

Even if the exact suggestions in the thread aren't implemented, some changes would be great at the very least.

CC-1119 "Appo' likes this.
  6. Hessu

Hessu Internal Beta Team

"Stupid saber system" you hurt my duelist feelings tylenol

7. Tylenol

Tylenol Internal Beta Team

Search your feelings, you know it to be true

8. Liniyka_xddd

Liniyka_xddd

The only TRUE way of fixing snipers would be to change sniper modes of ee3/m5 into something else, and move projectile rifles to ET/Comm (make it a choice between a 2nd life and a proj rifle).

This way hero can finally become a frontline brawler class (with a few buffs), and the new snipers will actually be vulnerable in close quarters combat. Ruptor can probably stay on BH...

The problems I see with this idea are:
    - it shakes up the meta too much and might alienate some people
    - it breaks the immersion a little because we've never seen rebel/imperial commanders use proj rifles

Although to address the second problem I can say that we've never seen Leia and Han use proj rifles either, yet here they are, camping behind their teams and sniping away instead of being on the frontlines like in the movies.

9. Gumba

Gumba

Have we ever seen an ARC sniping people with a M5 in the movies/tv shows? Or a mando sniping people with a EE3 which is a supposed to be a carbine?
    If not it would be a good lore excuse to removing the best snipers in the game

Tylenol likes this.
  10. CC-1119 "Appo'

works for me.