Remove Dodge

Fang

Donator
imo i think this thread served its purpose, its a pretty hot topic, just gotta wait at this point

that's funny because what actually happened is knockback ruined saber v gun gameplay when it replaced flinch

in ye olde times

knockback was a thing before flinch, flinch came and replaced knockback, and then in a later patch they removed flinch and replaced it with a gimped version of knockback before correcting it

in both scenarios people came forward declaring that the removal of the old thing and it being replaced by the new ruined thing the game

this clarification brought you by kelloggs

Lee

dodge is important mechanic. we have excess of spray and pray and suppressive fire meta. dodge keeps everyone alert and allows for interesting developments to occur. the hitboxes for hs need looking at tho, i regularly hit ppl in head and they dodge it...unless its snipers only who can hs dodgers idk. library needs update and concise lang about walking/running + dodge as well

dodge is important mechanic. we have excess of spray and pray and suppressive fire meta. dodge keeps everyone alert and allows for interesting developments to occur. the hitboxes for hs need looking at tho, i regularly hit ppl in head and they dodge it...unless its snipers only who can hs dodgers idk. library needs update and concise lang about walking/running + dodge as well
It only makes gameplay interesting for people who have it. There is very little counterplay to dodge when you are using a gun, and headshots don't counter dodge unless you're sniping.

I registered here looking for this topic and I found it, worth it.
I have returned after a few years to Movie Battles and now I find that dodge is broken as never has been. Literally, you are in complete disadvantage against any other player who uses dodge, no matter how many shots you hit. I remember that on older times you could use dodge, but it wasn't so hyperprotective as it is now. I remember that if you landed a decent percentage of shots, you could easily kill a dodge user. At the moment, it is almost impossible winning a 1vs1 between gunners on close distance, dodge vs non dodge user. In fact, it doesn't work properly as it should work (I guess), dodging long range and sniper shots.

In my opinion, it may be enhanced on snipers, but be useless on a close range 1vs1 gunner fight.