rage wookiee

why is it so strong? it takes no skill to use and the only reliable counterplay to it is staying at least 20m away from every wookiee and every spot where a wookiee might be hiding. it absolutely dominates cramped areas like gen corridor/small storage on lunar and small maps like smuggler especially when there's multiple people using it because it takes so long to burn through their damage reduction.

i really just dont see fury belonging in the game right now, it's the most rock/paper/scissors mechanic where some classes (ets, soldiers, bounty hunters, sbds) have absolutely no counterplay in a 1v1 or even a 1v2, the other 3 can pretty much only run away provided the right circumstances (if youre a sith you can jump on a high box if there is one, if youre a mando you can fly provided you had enough space to begin with to turn on your jetpack, dekas can roll away). the only reliable way to kill a raging wookiee is to have both a lot of space and preferably multiple teammates shooting him. red used to be the only soft counter to it but now that wookiees can barge through block and crouch it's pretty much gone

fury on average is not overpowered and that's not what i'm saying. it's just in certain situations it's so impossible to deal with and that combined with the fact that it takes 0 skill to execute optimally makes it very unfun to play against.

if redesigning fury is too much work (i would personally love to see something similar to what hex had in mind with his rework where rage would be converted into healing or a temporary shield, especially seeing how squishy bowcaster wookiee is) i would suggest removing the movespeed buff and reducing the damage buff they get from fury. this way 1v1ing a wookiee would be much more realistic because you'd be able to kite them and the damage nerf would mean they wouldn't be able to 1vX as easily. keeping them fairly durable but kiteable would preserve their ability to disrupt defences by forcing the imperials to reposition and keep their distance but it'd significantly nerf their 1v1 potential

There are at least 3 - 4 objective points on most maps
what the fuck are you talking about dude

i really don't know how i can argue with someone who thinks mb2 maps have at least 4 objectives and that camping one of those 4 (or more) objectives somehow solves the issue of rage taking 0 skill, having no counter and being able to get free kills on multiple gunners at a time

Preston

Nerd

i really don't know how i can argue with someone who thinks mb2 maps have at least 4 objectives and that camping one of those 4 (or more) objectives somehow solves the issue of rage taking 0 skill, having no counter and being able to get free kills on multiple gunners at a time
I'm assuming he meant choke points for defense, example being t-junction or fed for dotf

can you read?

i am not fucking saying wookiee the class is overpowered. i'm saying in certain situations >>>>>FURY<<<<<< is impossible to deal with. if you think only new players die to a raging wookiee then i don't know what fucking world you live in but i'd love to see it
Yes.

Can you?

dwarf

Donator

It's alright mate, I wouldn't expect someone that plays aggressively and not around objectives to understand. But let me try and break it down for you nice and simple.

lunarbase.png

Here's a nice image of the map layout of mb2_lunarbase
Look I even colour coded it for you nice and simple. So lets go over it shall we.
  • The rebels and imperials both meet (on average) at points 1 on the map, Contesting over the main hangar and the tunnel. (Objective 1)
(Oh no! Those pesky rebels have infiltrated the main hangar and hacked the doors open! Let's fall back!)
  • The imperials fall back to objectives 2, while those pesky rebels manage to push through the tunnels and the side doors that they sliced into! (Objective 2)
(The imperials are flushed out of the main hangar control room by a grenade, and a slippery Kit-Fisto has sliced open the Hangar doors, causing the rebel reinforcements to push through the once locked doors, and split through the tunnels. "Oh dear" Said Boba Fett27. "We should fall back".
  • The imperials fall back into objective 3, making their last stand against the rebel scum. (Objective 3)
(Uh oh! It's Padawan[2]'s first day in MBII and he doesn't know how to use the push button, a rebel grenade makes it's way into the control room allowing the rebels to push from main hall into the control room. Your imperial team mates covering the tunnel entrances must fall back to help your other team mates from being overrun in the generator!. (Objective 3)

3 Objective points on the map mb2_lunarbase. If you'd like I can set up a patreon and you can pay me to draw up some more, if you find this information valuable.

But just for you, I'm gonna give you another one, for free.

lunar 2.png

In this beautiful representation that I have summed up. You (represented by the green dot) Have successfully vaporised 2 rebels that have gone down the tunnels (yay you!)
Your team however, is being pushed back further inside your base (awwww :c)
So you decide, "I'm going to perform a flanking manoeuvre on those Reylos and catch them by surprise".
Little did you know, xxx_wookpro just watched horrifically as his comrades died at your hand, and is now intensely 3rd personing behind a box as he watches you skipping down the tunnel.
Being the epic player that you are, you still corner check the boxes, but alas it is of no use. You are dead. Slain by a fury abusing xxx_wookpro.
Punished for your aggressive play, instead of backing up your cool boys in the main hall.

You know what, after going over all of this, I have to agree. Nerf fury, screw that, get rid of it. There is absolutely nothing that you can do against it. you turn a corner, and you die. Come on dev's, what are you thinking.

Oh, what's that? I've been informed that xxx_wookpro, wasn't using fury at all. He just simply walked forward and pressed M1!
It's almost as if.... Fury wasn't the problem.... No... Surely... It couldn't be... Your in game decision making!?!? Blindly pushing into rebel controlled territory? No.. I must be mistaken. You're right.

It's alright mate, I wouldn't expect someone that plays aggressively and not around objectives to understand. But let me try and break it down for you nice and simple.

View attachment 5123

Here's a nice image of the map layout of mb2_lunarbase
Look I even colour coded it for you nice and simple. So lets go over it shall we.
  • The rebels and imperials both meet (on average) at points 1 on the map, Contesting over the main hangar and the tunnel. (Objective 1)
(Oh no! Those pesky rebels have infiltrated the main hangar and hacked the doors open! Let's fall back!)
  • The imperials fall back to objectives 2, while those pesky rebels manage to push through the tunnels and the side doors that they sliced into! (Objective 2)
(The imperials are flushed out of the main hangar control room by a grenade, and a slippery Kit-Fisto has sliced open the Hangar doors, causing the rebel reinforcements to push through the once locked doors, and split through the tunnels. "Oh dear" Said Boba Fett27. "We should fall back".
  • The imperials fall back into objective 3, making their last stand against the rebel scum. (Objective 3)
(Uh oh! It's Padawan[2]'s first day in MBII and he doesn't know how to use the push button, a rebel grenade makes it's way into the control room allowing the rebels to push from main hall into the control room. Your imperial team mates covering the tunnel entrances must fall back to help your other team mates from being overrun in the generator!. (Objective 3)

3 Objective points on the map mb2_lunarbase. If you'd like I can set up a patreon and you can pay me to draw up some more, if you find this information valuable.

But just for you, I'm gonna give you another one, for free.

View attachment 5124

In this beautiful representation that I have summed up. You (represented by the green dot) Have successfully vaporised 2 rebels that have gone down the tunnels (yay you!)
Your team however, is being pushed back further inside your base (awwww :c)
So you decide, "I'm going to perform a flanking manoeuvre on those Reylos and catch them by surprise".
Little did you know, xxx_wookpro just watched horrifically as his comrades died at your hand, and is now intensely 3rd personing behind a box as he watches you skipping down the tunnel.
Being the epic player that you are, you still corner check the boxes, but alas it is of no use. You are dead. Slain by a fury abusing xxx_wookpro.
Punished for your aggressive play, instead of backing up your cool boys in the main hall.

You know what, after going over all of this, I have to agree. Nerf fury, screw that, get rid of it. There is absolutely nothing that you can do against it. you turn a corner, and you die. Come on dev's, what are you thinking.

Oh, what's that? I've been informed that xxx_wookpro, wasn't using fury at all. He just simply walked forward and pressed M1!
It's almost as if.... Fury wasn't the problem.... No... Surely... It couldn't be... Your in game decision making!?!? Blindly pushing into rebel controlled territory? No.. I must be mistaken. You're right.

are you ok? how does any of this relate to what ive said in the thread? you're not even talking about fury

also if you wanna call the door to tunnel an objective on lunar then i'm not sure the voices in your head that dictated you this post are in touch with the reality of what an objective is in mb2

Yes I have played against rage wookiee this patch otherwise I wouldn't be engaging in this discussion retard.

if you had then you would know crouching doesnt do anything anymore because barge into crouch makes the sith stagger (retard)

are you ok? how does any of this relate to what ive said in the thread? you're not even talking about fury

also if you wanna call the door to tunnel an objective on lunar then i'm not sure the voices in your head that dictated you this post are in touch with the reality of what an objective is in mb2

if you had then you would know crouching doesnt do anything anymore because barge into crouch makes the sith stagger (retard)
Bait a barge - make them miss it - crouch and red combo -

dwarf

Donator
It relates to everything precious, you state that Wookiee fury has no counter (in certain scenario's). I'm explaining to you, that it does. Not running towards a Wookiee.

Thats cute, resulting to being derogatory towards me when it's a simple matter of differences in the english language based around Australian military code.
If being derogatory towards me is all the input you have left, all i have to say is keep chasing those hairy dogs and play aggressive. More kills for xxx_wookpro.
Cheers mate.

nice, let me have a go

don't get baited - bait the red swing - punch them in the face 3 times before they get another one off

now what
Then that depends if the wookiee is skilled or not?? What the fuck is your logic here dude. DO you want wookiee to get baited all the time and just die?

Thats cute, resulting to being derogatory towards me when it's a simple matter of differences in the english language based around Australian military code.
you mean when you were in the australian military and you went to lunarbase your platoon called the door at the end of tunnel the first objective? i guess thats understandable. just to clarify though, when you said all those words that mean something in mb2 like wookiee, rage, chokepoint, imperials etc were you talking about those actual things or was that also australian military slang

Last edited:

Duckshark

Internal Beta Team
Y'all are seriously getting off topic. Even if you play by how dwarf says, a rage wookie can still tear apart 1 or 2 people in the obj room even with a few people focusing on it just because of its buffs during rage, and if you have a competent team that throws some nades and provides any amount of covering fire, the wookie will give rebs a leg up every time because unless the wookie has <150-200 hp left the first guy he runs at is invariably dead. That's not good gameplay, even if teamplay can help offset it. It's not fun to literally be backed all the way up to your obj and have to deal with a fury wook holding w and left click whereas you're struggling to bait barge and land headshots and run away from his punches. I don't care how good you are, the wookie can win just w+m1 and you have to juggle evasion, aim and crouching. That's not balanced gameplay, and that's not how we should treat wookies (or jedi for that matter). If you really think rage isn't so bad, you wouldn't be opposed to jedi just charging at gunners with w and m1 and getting kills because that's the skill floor for wookie. At least make it take some skill, or make it buff you indirectly rather than giving you godmode. And noting that we have knockback for jedi but not wookie, even unraged, I am struggling to understand why people think the skill is balanced, even if the overall result is close to acceptable.

Y'all are seriously getting off topic. Even if you play by how dwarf says, a rage wookie can still tear apart 1 or 2 people in the obj room even with a few people focusing on it just because of its buffs during rage, and if you have a competent team that throws some nades and provides any amount of covering fire, the wookie will give rebs a leg up every time because unless the wookie has <150-200 hp left the first guy he runs at is invariably dead. That's not good gameplay, even if teamplay can help offset it. It's not fun to literally be backed all the way up to your obj and have to deal with a fury wook holding w and left click whereas you're struggling to bait barge and land headshots and run away from his punches. I don't care how good you are, the wookie can win just w+m1 and you have to juggle evasion, aim and crouching. That's not balanced gameplay, and that's not how we should treat wookies (or jedi for that matter). If you really think rage isn't so bad, you wouldn't be opposed to jedi just charging at gunners with w and m1 and getting kills because that's the skill floor for wookie. At least make it take some skill, or make it buff you indirectly rather than giving you godmode. And noting that we have knockback for jedi but not wookie, even unraged, I am struggling to understand why people think the skill is balanced, even if the overall result is close to acceptable.

Crying about melee wookie when there is a melee class with :

wallhack, the ability to block and reflect gunfire, unlimited jump/flying, superspeed, insta knockdown from across the map that requires no aiming and a move to disarm enemies ..... And a one shot laser sword (!)

Its sort of ridiculous.

Rage / melee wookie is like an oversized hitbox Jedi - without any of the utility or powers.

I would rather face an enemy wookie over an enemy Jedi.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Crying about melee wookie when there is a melee class with :

wallhack, the ability to block and reflect gunfire, unlimited jump/flying, superspeed, insta knockdown from across the map that requires no aiming and a move to disarm enemies ..... And a one shot laser sword (!)

Its sort of ridiculous.

Rage / melee wookie is like an oversized hitbox Jedi - without any of the utility or powers.

I would rather face an enemy wookie over an enemy Jedi.

Ok. Then let's make it so every shot knocks the wookiee back so it can never reach you. Alternatively, you could have every single gunshot stagger wookiees melee attacks for a second. Seriously, any old pleb wook is 90% of the time going to be more of a threat than a jedi/sith on maps where its relevant. Most ppl are absolutely terrible at playing jedi/sith cuz they actually require skill. To me, overpowered means something that doesn't take much skill in comparison to the power it has. A BH or Hero can be very OP in the hands of a skilled player, same for jedi or sith. But skill making things OP vs just the design of the class making it OP by default, is completely different.

With wook, you just hide and wait for a timing, then rush and hold m1 and the only counter is range/high ground. Sabers used to be a reasonable counter, because obviously, a sith with a lightsaber should be superior in melee to an unarmed carpet, but now that their attacks have an absurdly OP stagger, wook is basically a goat class on certain maps. Even if the sith might be good enough to land a red hit, the wook can just sec nade and lulkill him, or his teammates can do it for him. The retarded no-skill lawnmower design of the melee wook in this game is absolutely emetic, because it's so strong and the only counter is not engaging with it.

Contrast that with jedi/sith. You got blobs, grenades, FP drain, Poison darts, tracking darts etc. Wooks have no counter other than running away or standing on top of a box so it can't reach you. Even a sith cannot just go and red style a melee wook cuz that stagger fucks him and a few punches is all it takes. Completely retarded design. Anyone who thinks wook is fine and that jedi/sith is OP in comparison, has no business attempting to comment on a thread about balance.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
Wook in fury still takes a lot of damage, its not that op, except in smuggler

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
This perfectly illustrates my point. Playing like a complete retard and still getting those kills shows how absurdly OP it is.

Naded once. Ran into deka fire. Ran into another nade. Ran into more deka fire. Activate rage. Run into more deka fire. Charge mando in a straight line and tank some shots whilst holding m1 (easiest kill of ur life, such skill that took). At the end, charge 2 commanders at mid range with 30 hp thinking you're god, and getting shot. Conclusion: nOt OwErPowR'd jUsT 1337 skE3lzzz.

that fury kill: you ran in a perfectly straight line holding down m1, didnt even try to dodge or use barge and he barely did 100 damage to you. you couldn't have played that any worse and you still got a free kill. the mando shouldve just flown away but what if it was an et or a soldier or a bh or an sbd? no counterplay, no way to run, thats the point im making

fury on average is not overpowered and that's not what i'm saying. it's just in certain situations it's so impossible to deal with and that combined with the fact that it takes 0 skill to execute optimally makes it very unfun to play against.

dwarf

Donator
This perfectly illustrates my point. Playing like a complete retard and still getting those kills shows how absurdly OP it is.

Naded once. Ran into deka fire. Ran into another nade. Ran into more deka fire. Activate rage. Run into more deka fire. Charge mando in a straight line and tank some shots whilst holding m1 (easiest kill of ur life, such skill that took). At the end, charge 2 commanders at mid range with 30 hp thinking you're god, and getting shot. Conclusion: nOt OwErPowR'd jUsT 1337 skE3lzzz.

I suggest you watch the video again, the first grenade gets thrown off of the t-junction door behind the frozen pillar, pretty he gets hit pretty much on the edge of the blast radius of the grenade, dealing 50 damage. He then runs through droideka shots, getting hit twice, for total of 50 damage. Runs towards the Commander not taking any damage at all because no one is shooting him, until he gets hit by a grenade and one droideka shot for a total of 100 damage. He's at half HP at this point. He then activates Fury, charging through and getting hit by one of his team mates stray bullets for 10 damage. He then charges the Mandalorian, who manages to land a whopping total of 4 shots out of 12 taking him down to 98 health.

If the Mandalorian hit at least 4 more shots, he would have died, he could have even activated his jetpack and flew backwards or just hovered above him. There's literally no way you watched that video correctly, or you honestly have no idea what you're looking at.

Duckshark

Internal Beta Team

Hessu, bro, if your example of non-op rage wookie is running dick first into enemy territory on defense and still having enough hp and getting enough rage to W + M1 a mando while he tries to blast you, that proves the point that wookie takes little skill in order to maintain good k/d. Even worse, a point no one's mentioned is that rage wookie incentivizes sitting in a corner like you did at the start to save your hp instead of helping your team. Especially on offense, where wookies will simply camp corners until they can get a free frag, the lack of teamplay from most rage wookies is just unhelpful, if not actively negative by taking up useful cover for soldiers who actually aim and use guns to get kills.

The worst part is if a jedi did what you did in that video, Hessu, we'd be complaining about damage reduction and broken knockback and fp drains and how jedi are overpowered, but because you're a wookie somehow the exact same bum-rush 0 skill strategy is good gameplay. I sense some contradiction in how roles and skill are defined here.

I suggest you watch the video again, the first grenade gets thrown off of the t-junction door behind the frozen pillar, pretty he gets hit pretty much on the edge of the blast radius of the grenade, dealing 50 damage. He then runs through droideka shots, getting hit twice, for total of 50 damage. Runs towards the Commander not taking any damage at all because no one is shooting him, until he gets hit by a grenade and one droideka shot for a total of 100 damage. He's at half HP at this point. He then activates Fury, charging through and getting hit by one of his team mates stray bullets for 10 damage. He then charges the Mandalorian, who manages to land a whopping total of 4 shots out of 12 taking him down to 98 health.

If the Mandalorian hit at least 4 more shots, he would have died, he could have even activated his jetpack and flew backwards or just hovered above him. There's literally no way you watched that video correctly, or you honestly have no idea what you're looking at.

Dwarf, I get what you're saying that focusing on a wookie brings them down quickly and here, they didn't coordinate on him fast enough. However, note how much damage the wookie casually tanks just for 1 killl on a multi-life for rage. It's 200 damage. Most classes are dead at this point with this kind of reckless play, but wookie *shrugs*. The mando does miss a lot, but at the same time the fact that you can even consider rushing like that against a mando, let alone slower classes and ones without mobility abilities, with under half hp, is not skilled gameplay nor decision making. Even if the wookie should have died, he didn't, and that's why rage is dumb. It allows you to make boneheaded plays and get away with things that should be possible because of its insane dps, damage reduction, and speed. And even if that mando was low skill for not hitting headshots or hitting in general, is the wookie more skilled for holding W and left mouse? No, and that's not arguable.

A final point: look how the imps scatter when the wookie first runs into the open. No class, not even jedi, commands that kind of fear in close quarters, and they have ranged knockdown and 1 hit kill sabers. What kind of decision making has led to the point where w + m1 on any class is scarier than a jedi doing the same?