R2D2 as a playable character

Hello Developers

This is my idea about R2D2 as a playable character.

HP: 100
ARMOR : 150 - 350
1st weapon. Supply (It can give a player half his starting ammo. The player can use this ability 3 times per round)
2nd weapon: Taser (it works like a flamethrower)

The player, as R2D2, can unlock terminals / doors in half the regular time.
R2D2 would have his nitro (like in the movies), but the fuel would go down twice the faster than does to Mandalorian.

Last edited:
r2d2 is already playable character but only on fa and specific maps but it will be cool if they add it to open

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Could be interesting, but it would need a stronger toolkit so that it's more than just a portable ammo dispenser.

Could be interesting, but it would need a stronger toolkit so that it's more than just a portable ammo dispenser.
It would be interesting if r2d2 could have 5 lifes and will have lightning system, flamethrower system and even mindtrick system it would really cool!

Sammy

Master of Whispers
Donator
Sure this could be useful in a way, but I feel it would become a troll class like deka most of the time.

Some play Deka seriously, but other times it's just to mess around.

This is kinda pointless, I never in my several years of playing have ran out of ammo even when spamming shots. I guess for grenades or something, but you didn't mention that. We could just have gonk droids around the maps that dispense ammo like in BF2.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
I've weighed Astromech droids (like R2) as a class before and i basically think that they're canonically not good enough at combat to be a good class for MBII. All classes in MBII can be configured to deal lots of damage, and I think this is an intentional design choice.

It could still be done, though. For example, Astromech could be designed around using EMP-like stun attacks along with that little buzz saw that R2 uses in, like, two scenes. Or it could go the KOTOR route and just have built-in blasters and either mag plating or multiple lives. dunno

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Oh yeah, that's what MB2 needs, astromechs. So we can have all the trolls spam that class, and see a bunch of R2s flying around spamming taunts. I'm sorry, can we start making MB2 less of a joke?

F8Kwz.gif

Last edited:
I wrote a proposal for astrodroids on old forums, but it wasn't accepted :(
There were things like faster hacking, gadgets, etc.

this idea(the Astromech class,not the actual build of the original posts,350 armor seems ridicolous)seems nice,but like Oddlewad said:
I've weighed Astromech droids (like R2) as a class before and i basically think that they're canonically not good enough at combat to be a good class for MBII. All classes in MBII can be configured to deal lots of damage, and I think this is an intentional design choice.
but,like Oddlewad also said:
It could still be done, though. For example, Astromech could be designed around using EMP-like stun attacks along with that little buzz saw that R2 uses in, like, two scenes. Or it could go the KOTOR route and just have built-in blasters and either mag plating or multiple lives.
or potentially both options.It would be good to see a class like this,but the problem is the lack of models(i think,haven't actually controlled if there are other astromech models)and the hitbox.
Oh yeah, that's what MB2 needs, astromechs. So we can have all the trolls spam that class, and see a bunch of R2s flying around spamming taunts. I'm sorry, can we start making MB2 less of a joke?
people already spam taunts,and can also fly around with mandalorians,so i,at least,don't see the problem with this.Also,like quoted above,it could be an interesting class to use.