Petition for the Inclusion of the New Fixed Powerbattles in the MBII Launcher

Would you support the addition of Powerbattles into the MBII launcher

• Total voters

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Money? I meant something like addon manager, like dunno... chrome addons, firefox addons. No money involved lol.

Are people petitioning to get sniped through the wall by people with wallhax...?
I must be missing something here, because that video doesn't make this seem fun at all.

Reactions: ent
Are people petitioning to get sniped through the wall by people with wallhax...?
I must be missing something here, because that video doesn't make this seem fun at all.

FYI wallhackers (as class) aren't among the top class in pb, they get rekt by all the class which have high speed (like goku, mario, homerun harriet etc.). And yes getting sniped through wall is part of the fun that pb offers.

Phelps

Donator
I think @LoU doesn't mean shop as some kind of money/transaction system.
Lou basically talks about some launcher feature for community to upload their packs, mods and replacements to some storage, linked to launcher.
Players then, through the launcher, browse the storage and download the packs/mods, that automatically install themselves in the MBII directory.

Neat idea. If I understood it correctly. We could also see, with that feature, what mods or replacements are the most favourite ones, seeing the number of downloads.

Powerbattles as custom modification cannot be included into Launcher directly. It also doesn't fit our goal (look @ mod's name).

Buuuuuuuuut!

I don't want to be the evil one, so what if there will be something like Addon manager with "shop" where you can choose what addons would you like to add to your game. That includes all stuff added to shop by replacement's author.

That actually sounds like a wonderful idea O_O, when do you plan to try to implement this.

Wait, so can we already play powerbattles? I don't care if it comes with the launcher or by a manual download, so I picked conflicted. The important thing for me is that it is playable. Which server has it?

Did you just fix pb to be playable or did you add in the new features, like ion blobs for clones, dash for heroes etc.? Guess I'm gonna find out when I get to play it but still asked it.

Jeob, we repaired it so it would work with MBII now, nothing is modified O_O, I plan on making a special PB later. For now no servers want to run it, so we have to keep bringing attention to it, until they do!

Jeob, we repaired it so it would work with MBII now, nothing is modified O_O, I plan on making a special PB later. For now no servers want to run it, so we have to keep bringing attention to it, until they do!

These maps will be added to my server sometime this week. The priority for me was getting RTV/RTM working, but Cat Lady helped me with that.

These maps will be added to my server sometime this week. The priority for me was getting RTV/RTM working, but Cat Lady helped me with that.

Powerbattles as custom modification cannot be included into Launcher directly. It also doesn't fit our goal (look @ mod's name).
The goal was never about "battles of any movies". It was always SW specific until people decided that MB2 gameplay can be used for something else, which is not true and it turned out really bad.

Those non-SW maps are barely ever played. If people put half as much effort into making actual SW maps/characters, MB2 would be a better game.

Preston

Nerd
yes, we are. PB is the best. who doesnt wanna play as mario in mb2?

Shouldn't EW have this on rotation? It was their baby for so many years. Where's Hawk or that annoying kid, Furst?
I vaguely recall someone else who worked on it.

Shouldn't EW have this on rotation? It was their baby for so many years. Where's Hawk or that annoying kid, Furst?
I vaguely recall someone else who worked on it.

Repair was only recent, and very few people legit have the maps. We need to spread the word! Spread it like the plague! Also, I can't believe EW wasn't taking care of this. I think Furst ran off into hiding lel, as well as Hawk. We need to spread this everywhere :D

The goal was never about "battles of any movies". It was always SW specific until people decided that MB2 gameplay can be used for something else, which is not true and it turned out really bad.

Those non-SW maps are barely ever played. If people put half as much effort into making actual SW maps/characters, MB2 would be a better game.

So "Those non-SW maps are barely ever played.", Ultimate Showdown is almost constantly played, I do agree a fair amount of the non-Star wars maps are trash, but they are in the launcher, this set of maps isn't trash in my opinon, I would take it of over Super Death Arena any day.

Buuuuuuuuut!

I don't want to be the evil one, so what if there will be something like Addon manager with "shop" where you can choose what addons would you like to add to your game. That includes all stuff added to shop by replacement's author.

BTW, Downfall, Poolparty, and Lavaparty are not Star Wars maps, we need to get rid of them then? It is a pk3 file, it loads as separate maps >_>, basicly carbon copies of dotf, and such with different FA classes.

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
BTW, Downfall, Poolparty, and Lavaparty are not Star Wars maps, we need to get rid of them then? It is a pk3 file, it loads as separate maps >_>, basicly carbon copies of dotf, and such with different FA classes.
No, we don't need to get rid of them.
No. Powerbattles won't be included in official release.

so im guessing this petition is getting ignored or would there be an alternative way of putting it threw?