Next patch hype thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a thread to talk about the next patch, what you're excited for or what you're hoping for or what you're expecting for the next patch :D

Reactions: LoU

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Excited to see less people whining about Cyan because they don't know how to beat it.

Concerned to see cyan being nerfed because of so many people whining about it because they don't know how to beat it.

Hoping to see lightside gunner classes, and SBD, nerfed. Hoping to see A280 not be a stronger version of T-21 in every conceivable way. Maybe explosives take some form of skill, and a license, so one cannot blow up 10 teammates to secure that 1 jedi that was at 5 HP.

Hoping that sabering becomes less of a spam fest, and less of a slap fest. Hope that katas get a function other than being an annoying 'Oh, tight hallway/corner? Die' ability.

Hoping that deflection has a proper skill:reward ratio, so that good Sith/Jedi are capable of taking on multiple gunners from multiple directions.

Hoping that a chase mechanic is introduced.

Hoping that footwork is emphasized upon.

Hoping that Cyan received a thrust-regular swing.

Hoping that Blue was nerfed.

Hoping that Cyan wasn't completely destroyed by someone who thinks that 'skill' is walking backwards and pblocking with blue.

and I hope that Sith got speed.

Last edited:

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
I hope that I'll be able to play the new saber system without lagging.

Because it is the best fucking saber system MBII has ever had :)

(And I hope it comes out soon ^^)

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
I think the two guns are quite balanced. They are each good at different things. Big bertha is a great Jedi killer and A280 is a great gun against other gunners.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
strange, i always thought of that t-21 was better then a280 in nearly every way, the burst is stupidly inaccurate and the single fire does the same amount of damage as t-21s secondary

I believe the single fire does more. Primary fire is useless compared to A280's primary fire, unless you have perfect flawless aim, which you don't.

That is a discussion I forgot to bring up before, but skill:reward ratio. Theoretically, T-21 primary fire, which is a potential 1 shot kill on most classes, should win every time against CR3, which is a 2-4 shot kill. If player one has T-21 level 1, and player two has CR3, and both have perfect aim, then T-21 should win, right? Well people don't have perfect aim, and thus the 50,000,000 shots the CR3 player got out, is more likely to kill you, than the 5 the T-21 player got out.

Quantity over quality is a thing. CR3 is brainless spam, and thus gives it an edge over the incredibly difficult T-21 level 1.

I actually wonder if gunners got a buff or something in the next patch most of the talk of the next patch was about the saber system but i wonder for the gunners

I believe the single fire does more. Primary fire is useless compared to A280's primary fire, unless you have perfect flawless aim, which you don't.

That is a discussion I forgot to bring up before, but skill:reward ratio. Theoretically, T-21 primary fire, which is a potential 1 shot kill on most classes, should win every time against CR3, which is a 2-4 shot kill. If player one has T-21 level 1, and player two has CR3, and both have perfect aim, then T-21 should win, right? Well people don't have perfect aim, and thus the 50,000,000 shots the CR3 player got out, is more likely to kill you, than the 5 the T-21 player got out.

Quantity over quality is a thing.

what are you even...? Is this guy serious or is he trolling?

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
I actually wonder if gunners got a buff or something in the next patch most of the talk of the next patch was about the saber system but i wonder for the gunners

Gunners deserve a buff. However, the classes of gunners deserve enormous nerfs. I'm okay with a blaster shot taking a lot of skill to deflect, I'm actually okay with Sith taking way more skill than gunner. However, what I'm not okay with, is a hallway of gunners suicide-grenading to take my health down over the course of 3 lives. Or a wookie just rampaging through my team because no one has red. Or a hero managing to out-run a Sith with dash and win with just 1 lucky P3 shot.

Preston

Nerd
Well I'm excited for the saber rework. Excited for cyan nerf, (no more noobs who think they are pro now). hope to see some new skins, and a better library thats updated

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Just ignore Achilles. He's clearly a troll and someone who doesn't know what he is talking about.

By gunners getting a buff you mean vs Jedi/Sith right? It has been looked at, and all I can say is that it'll take more skill to play Jedi/sith vs gunner now. The new patch will generally reward skillful play more than the current public version does.

Having said that, it doesn't mean that Jedi/Sith is OP given equal skill between gunner and jedi.

The new patch looks very well balanced, but ofc it's hard to tell from just a little beta testing.

Last edited by a moderator:
there was a lot of talk about gunners which may have been considered by the devs in the next patch(such as hero dash and arc pulse grenade pricing)
I don't play hero because im just not a fan of thier gameplay style.
I have more of a tendancy to play arc if I want to be a agile gunner, if im not a mando.

Just ignore Achilles. He's clearly a troll and someone who doesn't know what he is talking about.

By gunners getting a buff you mean vs Jedi/Sith right? It has been looked at, and all I can say is that it'll take more skill to play Jedi/sith vs gunner now. The new patch will generally reward skillful play more than the current public version does.

What does that translate to though?
Like cool if we get some kind of scrap thrown our way, but its not their weapons that cause problems.
Its their F keys. Do our guns cause more fp damage or something? Because thats the only thing I can think of.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Well I'm excited for the saber rework. Excited for cyan nerf, (no more noobs who think they are pro now). hope to see some new skins, and a better library thats updated

I think Cyan is sort of a rite of passage. Once you learn how to beat a cyan user, you are no longer a whiny nub, and learned how to counter swing effectively.

a better library thats updated
im hoping force point damage for every gun is included in the library because damage is useless if you dont know how much it does to jedi/sith IDR could be helpful too, a page on that and all damage inside and outside IDR for every weapon included in library

Preston

Nerd

Having said that, it doesn't mean that Jedi/Sith is OP given equal skill between gunner and jedi.

The new patch looks very well balanced, but ofc it's hard to tell from just a little beta testing.
could this involve perks having a smaller impact in open mode?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.