News models to come ?

Not sur that's the good section, sorry about that

But i was wondering if that could be a good idea to add some models, prequels models i mean.

As Anakin from ROTS with and without his coat BUT in the Jedi Side (because he is so badass with his blue lightsabeer)

And maybe add Qui Gon with his coat, same as Obi Wan (i know it's the ROTS Obi Wan but anyway, it's looks cool)

And why not Darth Jar Jar (i mean really, could be nice to hear some EXCWIZEE ME ?) with this kind of skin.
Capture d’écran 2016-01-30 à 10.29.57.png

Because beyond the trolling idea, i really think it's could be nice :p

And i think that's all :)

Thank you for the attention

PS : how can i make some sounds with the Jedis/Siths ? When i want to do "UUUUUUUNLIMITED POWAAAA" with palpatine he doesn't make it, only some useless sounds :c

Jar Jar?
No.
No.

Also can't put ROTS Anakin to jedi because it would confuse people.
Pls. I really do feel like, I should end up making another forum poll for ep3 anakin in jedi than in sith, even on the old forum it was passed with 15 yes and 12 no votes, now with all these new people I believe even more. So long discussion about a 5 minute thing that would make more people happy than sad. I'd also recommend to take a look at this https://jkhub.org/files/file/2486-anakin-skywalker-clone-wars/ I like the hapslash head one better, it is more like realistic but still like in the show. And no I'm not saying to have shit ton of Anakins, but if I'd have to make a decision, i'd rather have 1x Anakin EP3 rather than 1x EP2 as a padawan... I mean most people who play want to play with their preferable character they want to play as the "most powerful" version of each character, obviously not a padawan., like jedi knight, or master, or as a Dark Lord of the sith, not as an acolyte.

Last edited:

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Who said that we're deciding on putting models into the mod via polls?... It is all meritocratic. ROTS anakin can't be both in jedi and sith, due to FOF identification problems.

Plasma

You could always make replacements to put in the models you want.

Tbh, I dislike a good number of models, especially jedi/sith.

Almost all those I find distasteful share the same body-type. Take Revan for example, looks like a slim, girlish, short cloaked figure. Looks fine from the front, but when playing it...it's just meh. And a lot of them follow under that.

We need more robust models. Take Savage model. Now that looks like a masculine model. Maybe its the shoulder pads or the model they were using - and then compare that to the bald guy from Swtor. A poor mans Malak.

More masculine models!

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Beacuse they're ports from KOTOR 1 and 2. I remember one of devs explaining it onther thread.(copyrights i think)
This.

No one has made a Nihilus model that hasn't been ported and meets the standards of quality we expect from models being added to the game.

Who said that we're deciding on putting models into the mod via polls?... It is all meritocratic. ROTS anakin can't be both in jedi and sith, due to FOF identification problems.
Just in case if you would know what I posted on last forum in the polls was included the option to remove Anakin from sith, and put the ep3 anakin in jedi instead, solving all problems, and meanwhile FA maps still have dark Side Anakin. Other option was, which got the main votes was to put Robed/hooded version of anakin to sith, and the non-robed/hooded version of ep3 anakin in jedi solving the issues trying to figure it out which is enemy which is not, but people don't care though. Who said We are putting models into the game via polls?

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Rebel team has reached their quota for super annoying taunts already.

Cat Lady

^ Is true, but TBH i don't get the "copyright" problem. We're doing mod in thing that is probably most copyrighted franchise in the world, without any license. We have taunts ripped from literally EVERYWHERE, be it clone wars, original and prequel trilogy, other SW games... We even have malak model ripped from somewhere.

If we want no copyright "infringement", we would need to stop doing Star Wars mod. Obviously we don't need to, cause it is done non-profit, and with the "good will" principle, governing all mods. If anyone ask me, we should stop trying to be a pregnant virgin sitting on a fence. If something is worthwhile, can be optimized, and would work well, rip it like hell.

/Cat Lady

That was very... unexpected to hear these words from a dev, @Cat Lady. But let me ask this without any BS: if the mod is using (ported) SW sounds and musics since the beginning, why is it forbidden to use ported models? I dont see the difference, porting sounds is much easier of course, in most cases its just to rename files, but its still porting.

Note: My post is a little confusing, I ask this generally, from all devs, not from you directly, since as I see we're on the same opinion.

Last edited:

Cat Lady

But let me ask this without any BS: if the mod is using (ported) SW sounds and musics since the beginning, why is it forbidden to use ported models? I dont see the difference, porting sounds is much easier of course, in most cases its just to rename files, but its still porting.

Exactly the same - I don't see much difference either. Probably, at some point, someone thought that ported models might be more... Attention generating, that sounds from 15 years old games (IIRC Mara Jade sounds are from Mysteries of the Siths, and we got some sounds from Galactic Battlegrounds... Amongst others). But in case of non-profit mod, based on SW (aka licensed content) game, still requiring said base game, this view seems silly. No one is going to care, no matter if we quietly rip (otherwise totally unavailable) voices from movies/games, or boldly do same with models. At least as long as we don't sell the mod for $$$...

/Cat Lady

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Just in case if you would know what I posted on last forum in the polls was included the option to remove Anakin from sith, and put the ep3 anakin in jedi instead, solving all problems, and meanwhile FA maps still have dark Side Anakin. Other option was, which got the main votes was to put Robed/hooded version of anakin to sith, and the non-robed/hooded version of ep3 anakin in jedi solving the issues trying to figure it out which is enemy which is not, but people don't care though. Who said We are putting models into the game via polls?
But EP3 is about how Anakin become Darth Vader, not about Anakin acting as good and nice guy Annie.
^ Is true, but TBH i don't get the "copyright" problem. We're doing mod in thing that is probably most copyrighted franchise in the world, without any license. We have taunts ripped from literally EVERYWHERE, be it clone wars, original and prequel trilogy, other SW games... We even have malak model ripped from somewhere.

If we want no copyright "infringement", we would need to stop doing Star Wars mod. Obviously we don't need to, cause it is done non-profit, and with the "good will" principle, governing all mods. If anyone ask me, we should stop trying to be a pregnant virgin sitting on a fence. If something is worthwhile, can be optimized, and would work well, rip it like hell.

/Cat Lady
I agree with you, totally. But I also mean forums policy, not just mod content ;)

You know, by new Russian anti-piracy laws ISPs must restrict access to any sites or servers illegally holding copyrighted materials, including torrent-trackers, but any talks about pirated things are still legal.
So in theory, moviebattles.org could be banned in Russia just because there is music of John Williams in Movie Battles packages, but not because somebody put a link his modpack to the forum and didn't give a proper credit to the author of models, and not because some people just discuss the way to bypass copy protection of JA.
Give me jar jar you damn nazi!!!!
Give me the gungans!!!!
Yep, could be fun. :D

Plasma

/Cat Lady
I'm all for adding the ported KOTOR models in to be honest, nobody really cares any more ported models get uploaded to places like steam workshop all the time and nobody bats and eyelid. Plus one of the reason Lucasarts (which doesn't even really exist any more) got involved when the KOTOR models were ported was because the game had literally just come out and now it's been over 10 years. Also at the end of the day if on the off chance Disney did step in and say hey you can't use these we could always just remove them, it's not like they're vital to the mod like a Stormtrooper or something.

Also yes you're right it's no different than using music, sound effects or textures that we have taken from other Star Wars games and movies.

Last edited:

Bob-Billy

KotOR Mapper & Cultist
Movie Battles II Team
There's also "Bala-tik" & "Tasu Leech" from Episode VII (as Bounty Hunter) with Guavian Death Gang (soldier).
I'm thinking about the taunt sound "Say that to Kandjiklub !"

There should be Hooded version for siths and default for jedi :)