News models to come ?

Not sur that's the good section, sorry about that

But i was wondering if that could be a good idea to add some models, prequels models i mean.

As Anakin from ROTS with and without his coat BUT in the Jedi Side (because he is so badass with his blue lightsabeer)

And maybe add Qui Gon with his coat, same as Obi Wan (i know it's the ROTS Obi Wan but anyway, it's looks cool)

And why not Darth Jar Jar (i mean really, could be nice to hear some EXCWIZEE ME ?) with this kind of skin.
Capture d’écran 2016-01-30 à 10.29.57.png

Because beyond the trolling idea, i really think it's could be nice :p

And i think that's all :)

Thank you for the attention

PS : how can i make some sounds with the Jedis/Siths ? When i want to do "UUUUUUUNLIMITED POWAAAA" with palpatine he doesn't make it, only some useless sounds :c

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Funny, that actually looks like it's ported from KOTOR itself...

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
So question, if the model exists in a another game.
Lets say Garrys mod, would that be able to be ported to JKA?
http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/23/22751/hk47.jpg

I imagine you would have to re-bone and configure it, but can something like that be done?
Or would you have to make it from scratch?
Dunno, I'm not familiar with modeling and such, but that looks like a ported KotOR model too. Looks almost identical to the KotOR port that already exists for JKA.

EDIT: Supa beat me to it.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Come on guys, we already have enough topics about HK-47
HK-47 Sith Bounty Hunter | Movie Battles II Community
HK-47 Bounty Hunter Skin | Movie Battles II Community
HK-47 | Movie Battles II Community
Tompa´s Replacement pack V5.1 (TFA, Rebels, Clone Wars and more...) | Movie Battles II Community
Sooo...
Im confused
^ The concern was always "it's a ported model, we could get in trouble for this", and no one made an HK-47 model that was good or optimized well enough for the game.

So I am "guessing" the hk model in tompas pack isn't optimized.
or "good enough"
When someone makes an actual HK-47 model I have no doubt it'll be in the game faster than you can blink.
Otherwise I am blinking very fast.
We have kreia in the game for a jedi skin and sith skin, with voice packs.

We wont get in "trouble", unless you are talking about the porters consent which frankly doesn't make sense to me.
Most of the time when people port models they completely forget about them or they disappear off the face of the earth and don't care.
We won't get hit with legal papers if thats what people are talking about.

Last edited:

Supa

The Serial Stacker
As I've explained a bunch of times, porting has always been a gray zone for us. We're already behind enemy lines politically in a way.

And Lervish made that Kreia model - both of them - they aren't ports. :p

As I've explained a bunch of times, porting has always been a gray zone for us. We're already behind enemy lines politically in a way.

Just go for broke man.
If we are going to get taken down, lets get taken down in style.

Be sure to include all those cringe deviant art models, nazi skins, and nude models.
Gotta cram everything in there. Probably the only way I can get my gungans.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
We wont get in "trouble", unless you are talking about the porters consent which frankly doesn't make sense to me.
Most of the time when people port models they completely forget about them or they disappear off the face of the earth and don't care.
We won't get hit with legal papers if thats what people are talking about.
We are going around in circles.
Read again second page of this, reply of @Cat Lady for example, that one which you give a like to:
This.

No one has made a Nihilus model that hasn't been ported and meets the standards of quality we expect from models being added to the game.
^ Is true, but TBH i don't get the "copyright" problem. We're doing mod in thing that is probably most copyrighted franchise in the world, without any license. We have taunts ripped from literally EVERYWHERE, be it clone wars, original and prequel trilogy, other SW games... We even have malak model ripped from somewhere.

If we want no copyright "infringement", we would need to stop doing Star Wars mod. Obviously we don't need to, cause it is done non-profit, and with the "good will" principle, governing all mods. If anyone ask me, we should stop trying to be a pregnant virgin sitting on a fence. If something is worthwhile, can be optimized, and would work well, rip it like hell.

/Cat Lady
As you can see, it's all about the porting, but opinions of developers are divided.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
I don't know why people would want a model ported from KOTOR. I had considered seeing if I could port the blaster model over, only to realize that someone who has been learning 3D modeling for 3 weeks could probably make a more detailed model, and the textures that were used aren't really anything to sneeze over either.

I don't know why people would want a model ported from KOTOR. I had considered seeing if I could port the blaster model over, only to realize that someone who has been learning 3D modeling for 3 weeks could probably make a more detailed model, and the textures that were used aren't really anything to sneeze over either.
Their 1st game that didn't use sprites for everything was neverwinter nights, and that was also a isometric rpg.
You could zoom in and see the models up close, but then zoom out because everything looked like a low res morrowind. Their character models were not really detailed compared to their sprite based games.

Kotor may have been their 1st heavily 3D detailed game. The models are acceptable however some look better than others. The whole party and major characters had more detailed models while minor characters didn't.
The weapons on the other-hand, not so much. Some of the rifles and lightsabers look okay but the weapons got sandbagged pretty hard overall.

You could have somebody re-skin them to meet the standard. However in this case I think HK-47 in tompas repack looks fine as it is. The gritty stuff adds to the charm.

Last edited:
Never understood why porting sounds and musics (== renaming them) is allowed, but porting models (== do a lot of sutffs to make them playable in JKA) is not... it sounds stupid. If there's a properly ported model from another game, why dont you use it? Its not worse than using (probably copyrighted) SW sounds or musics. IMO the HK model is one of the better ports and it has the quality to be added to Open mode.

Never understood why porting sounds and musics (== renaming them) is allowed, but porting models (== do a lot of sutffs to make them playable in JKA) is not... it sounds stupid. If there's a properly ported model from another game, why dont you use it? Its not worse than using (probably copyrighted) SW sounds or musics. IMO the HK model is one of the better ports and it has the quality to be added to Open mode.
Maybe because they just "don't" want it?

I'm really curious, the skin look ok and using the copyright is the hospital spitting on the charity, then entire mod is one giant middle finger to the copyrights.

Maybe because they just "don't" want it?
Its obvious that the devs have the right to decide which materials they want to use in their own mod. It goes without saying. But the usual response to the community if ported models are suggested to addition is that "they're ported, so no". This is why I pointed out, that the sounds and musics are also "ported", so this cant possibly be a reason why ported models arent used. Of course the devs can still say that they dont add ported models, because they dont want to or because some of them are poorly rigged, but they dont say any of these, they say these models arent added, because they're ported, so there are copyright problems and stuffs like that. So again, if ported sounds and musics are OK, why the ported models are not? That's the point of my previous post, not the "question" what you answered.

Shalak Que

US Official Server Admin
There should be Hooded version for siths and default for jedi :)
i agree because currently there is a hooded dark ani on sith and a non hooded ani that has a normal face on sith and who could confuse a blue saber using ani with a red saber using ani. and if the good ani is unhooded and reg one is hooded/robe wearing i wouldnt get confused. besides if he gets shot we will just call it order 66 executed by jar jar

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Its obvious that the devs have the right to decide which materials they want to use in their own mod. It goes without saying. But the usual response to the community if ported models are suggested to addition is that "they're ported, so no". This is why I pointed out, that the sounds and musics are also "ported", so this cant possibly be a reason why ported models arent used. Of course the devs can still say that they dont add ported models, because they dont want to or because some of them are poorly rigged, but they dont say any of these, they say these models arent added, because they're ported, so there are copyright problems and stuffs like that. So again, if ported sounds and musics are OK, why the ported models are not? That's the point of my previous post, not the "question" what you answered.
Just to put it out that, we can easily have a talented artist model a character, but nobody will be able to capture the voice and acting of the actual characters.

In general MB2's main point is to be a fan creation and using ports is an absolute last resort cop-out that will deprive a modeler of fun and creative work. For a modeler it's always the most rewarding to have the chance to make one of his or her favourite characters come to life from scratch.

I'm not sure why was it necessary to answer to a 2 month old post, but okay. IMO your answer isnt reasonable. You say using ports is a last resort, but if there isnt any dunno HK model made by the JK community, but there's a ported model, using that wouldnt be a last resort?! Yes, it would be a last resort solution. And the thing that we couldnt re-create the sounds from scratch is obvious (and TBH a BS from a certain point of view)... still it doesnt change the fact that using those materials (sounds, voices and musics) is the very same porting as using a character model from another game. Looks like its easier for the JK community to create character models from scratch than creating sounds. Still its not a reason to use ported sounds just because (you say) we cant create them on our own, especially because you say using ported models is something what should be avoided, because character models could be created by the community (but still these character models were never created)... it doesnt make any sense at all. Ported models and ported sounds arent different. This is why I dont agree with the dev's ported model policy.

Last edited:
Just to put it out that, we can easily have a talented artist model a character, but nobody will be able to capture the voice and acting of the actual characters.

In general MB2's main point is to be a fan creation and using ports is an absolute last resort cop-out that will deprive a modeler of fun and creative work. For a modeler it's always the most rewarding to have the chance to make one of his or her favourite characters come to life from scratch.

Okay so make an HK-model.
The sound files can be directly ripped from his respected game.
Their modding community had done it for years, no reason we can't.

Before we get any funny ideas remember that not having either Atton or Carth as a model for the Hero class should be a crime.
No, really, they fit like a goddamn glove.
Atleast Atton does, carth has big silly shoes that distracted me when i replaced merc kyle with carth

Lervish

Donator
From my point of view, modelling and texturing (ie. creating 3D art) is fun, whereas all the stuff related to getting the model ingame is boring and tedious. That includes stuff like creating caps for the model, creating LODs and rigging/weighting. These aren't artistic at all, just pure technical tasks that are necessary but take a lot of time if done properly.

The task of porting models doesn't include the fun parts of making the actual 3D model, it only includes the boring ones. That's why I'm not a fan of porting stuff myself. Ported models often also take some optimizing, depending on where it's ported from. Boring, boring.

Even though the copyright claims about audio are valid, I feel it's also a matter of having some dignity as 3D artists. The MB2 team has had lots of talented 3D modellers throughout its lifespan, so making models from scratch hasn't really been a problem like it has with sound, which is what Ben was also saying. If we had a dedicated sounds artist to replicate all the effects and stuff, then sure, he might have the same dignity to rather make those himself. About music, well, I don't think anything could replace John Williams when it comes to Star Wars, so that's justified. :p

In the end, personally I don't have much against including ported models - as long as they are of good enough quality, which they often aren't - but I'm not gonna port stuff myself. Takes away the fun of creating and learning and becoming better as an artist. I'd guess many others think the same.

PS. The HK port is decent I guess, but is HK a necessary character? The list of models to include would be endless if we were to include everyone's favourite SW character ever. Replacements exist for that reason so that people can do it themselves. Can't satisfy everybody with scarce resources.

Last edited:
HK 47 represents the knights of the old republic.
We have Darth malgus from Swotor, but not HK-47 which came from the games that spawned swotor.
The character that was on the cover of the box for both games. One as a center piece and the other on the side with T3-M4.

I am not going to argue for Carth or Atton, but HK-47 is probably the most original thing that came from both of those games.

If you guys want to make a custom Hk-47 model, go for it. People want him in the game regardless if he is made from scratch or a port.
Personally I argued the ported model because it's easier to do and takes less time to get ready.
Which saves you guys time.

Last edited: