NEW UPDATE HELP - HOSTING

This new update seems good however before the update i could easily host a game using the jamp file, loading it then loading mods then mb2 and then hosting a game, then load the mbii.exe and then join my server i created and use hamachi so my friends can join so basically a private server, the game no longer allows this as i have to use the launcher now instead of mbii.exe, is there anyway of easily hosting a private game for me and 4 friends currently without portforwarding?

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
uhhh Port forwarding isn't hard to do. But just search server hosting on the forums and there is a thread where you can make a .bat file to launch a server using jampded

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Not sure what do you mean.

If you don't want to keep Launcher running to connect your own server, just change this in a config of your server:
Code:
seta g_AntiCheat "1"
to:
Code:
seta g_AntiCheat "0"
If you have some problem configuring port forwarding, just describe it in detail, post screenshots, model of your router, etc.
We'll try to help you.

Though Hamachi is my blind spot, but maybe somebody else knows how to set it up.

If there is some other issue, once again, post detailed description of what error messages do you have, how exactly you're trying to host a server, and so on.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I wouldn't suggest hamatchi for this sort of thing. That acts as a LAN network when you should really be hosting over internet.

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I wouldn't suggest hamatchi for this sort of thing. That acts as a LAN network when you should really be hosting over internet.

If he's playing with friends that's ok.

Yeah usually id load up the game through steam, create a dedicated server, then launch the game through mbii.exe , then join the server i created with about 4 friends using hamachi or tunngle. I just need an easy way to host a server for about 4 friends

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Yeah usually id load up the game through steam, create a dedicated server
You mean you create server using menu in game itself?
Why don't you create a server using jampded.exe or openjkded.x86.exe as described here?
Hosting Server: Windows

Anyway, what problems do you have? Any error messages?
"the game no longer allows this" tells me nothing.

Basically the new update means i have to play through the launcher, this launches the version that i use as a server, so i tried to just reverse it so mbii.exe would have to be the one i use to host but when i do the screen just goes grey, i tried doing it how i usually would but i get kicked saying i need to launch game through launcher, ill just follow your previous link i think

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Basically the new update means i have to play through the launcher, this launches the version that i use as a server, so i tried to just reverse it so mbii.exe would have to be the one i use to host but when i do the screen just goes grey, i tried doing it how i usually would but i get kicked saying i need to launch game through launcher, ill just follow your previous link i think
You can try adding line
Code:
seta g_AntiCheat "0"
to one of these files, depending on what engine you use to create a server:
jamp: "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\jampconfig.cfg"
MBII Client: "My Documents\My Games\OpenJK\MBII\openjk.cfg"
After that, your server won't require keep Launcher running from players.

But I still think that it's better to start a server with jampded or openjkeded.
u need to delete system 32 its mb2 hidden folder if you delete it you will have no problems m8.
What the hell are you talking about?!
There is no "System32" in "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII", Movie Battles doesn't create any folders with that name.
But Windows actually has "System32" directory, and it definitely shouldn't be deleted, otherwise Windows won't boot.

when i launch the bat file, it says cant find server.cfg even though ive got server.cfg in the .cfg format with the code

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
when i launch the bat file, it says cant find server.cfg even though ive got server.cfg in the .cfg format with the code
Stop flooding, do NOT post multiple messages in raw, use "Edit" instead.

You must place server.cfg (or whatever name do you use in.bat file) in "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII", and jampded.exe must be in "Jedi Academy\GameData"

Copy all console output of server, or make screenshot. One line is not enough.

Sorry for spamming, ill use edit next time, ive got the server.bat file to work now :) it still says hitch warning, but where will the server be displayed? :) by the way thankyou for helping, youre keeping a group of us still interested in this and if i get this server up, i get 3 more friends to buy this game for the mod

I couldnt attacth this to the last post so im sorry if this is flooding,this is my last message today, but here is a screenshot of what is happening, do you have any idea?

Attachments

• help.png
    help.png
    51 KB · Views: 239

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
where will the server be displayed?
If everything is ok, it will be shown in server lists: in Internet list, your local list, and in Jacklul's one.
Movie Battles II Server List
I couldnt attacth this to the last post so im sorry if this is flooding,
You can, just click on "More Options..." button.
but here is a screenshot of what is happening, do you have any idea?
In your server config:
Code:
seta g_gametype "7"
Seven, not any other value.

d9e9e89e0921.png

Last edited: