My Cloud City Shaft Map (RELEASED)

One time, i made a cloud city shaft map which is basically where luke gets thrown out the window and loses his hand, and i request it to be added in the mb2 maps list
also, as you can see some more people wanted this map to be also put in mb2
here is the download
and here are some screenshots
shot2020-06-15_15-53-39.jpgshot2020-06-15_16-00-33.jpgshot2020-06-15_16-00-45.jpgshot2020-06-15_16-01-10.jpgshot2020-06-15_16-01-12.jpgshot2020-06-15_16-01-21.jpgshot2020-06-15_16-01-33.jpgshot2020-06-15_16-02-01.jpgshot2020-06-15_16-02-31.jpgshot2020-06-15_16-02-41.jpgshot2020-06-15_16-02-48.jpgshot2020-06-15_16-03-12.jpg

Upvote 0

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
Hey! Super cool to see a take like this on that awesome scene in Ep 5, definitely one of my favorite OT moments. I think maybe the lighting could be adjusted a bit but I'll definitely take a look at the map. I noticed it is missing a .siege and .arena text files as well. MBII requires these (and in particular the .siege text assets as it is a mod based off the obj-centered siege gametype in JKA).

Here is a .pk3 with fixes for missing .siege and .arena files which you can use as a default for your map to be played in MBII. It'll also show up in the local 'create' server option for people to try outside of /devmap bespinshaft

Overall I think the design of the map is really great! I think it may be missing some shaders on some of the textures to really help make it feel more sleek and Cloud City-like. I'd recomend taking a look at .shader files within the Starkiller Base and Cloud City .pk3s as examples of how to add some shine and polish your map.

I get what your going for, but it doesn't look great at all.
smh
This isn't constructive at all. You like this mod? You want more maps? Zip it. Negative feedback like this discourages mappers, especially if there isn't a lot of response from the community/it's mainly negative. This map clearly took a lot of work and effort and has a lot of potential / looks really fun to duel in.

Should also say that it's clear you have not even gone in to try or test the map as it is missing an important .siege file for it to be playable in MBII. You're just looking at screenshots and talking crap. Do better.

Last edited:
Hey! Super cool to see a take like this on that awesome scene in Ep 5, definitely one of my favorite OT moments. I think maybe the lighting could be adjusted a bit but I'll definitely take a look at the map. I noticed it is missing a .siege and .arena text files as well. MBII requires these (and in particular the .siege text assets as it is a mod based off the obj-centered siege gametype in JKA).

Here is a .pk3 with fixes for missing .siege and .arena files which you can use as a default for your map to be played in MBII. It'll also show up in the local 'create' server option for people to try outside of /devmap bespinshaft

Overall I think the design of the map is really great! I think it may be missing some shaders on some of the textures to really help make it feel more sleek and Cloud City-like. I'd recomend taking a look at .shader files within the Starkiller Base and Cloud City .pk3s as examples of how to add some shine and polish your map.

smh
This isn't constructive at all. You like this mod? You want more maps? Zip it. Negative feedback like this discourages mappers, especially if there isn't a lot of response from the community/it's mainly negative. This map clearly took a lot of work and effort and has a lot of potentialy / looks really fun to duel in.

Should also say that it's clear you have not even gone in to try or test the map as it is missing an important .siege file for it to be playable in MBII. You're just looking at screenshots and talking crap. Do better.
First of all, don't tell me to zip it. Second of all your right, I should've gave proper feedback I was wrong there. I get what the mapper is going for, but I believe the textures need improvement.

.biggs

uM Team Mapper
Nice map, can I suggest experimenting more with lights? It seems you have cranked the ambient light all the way up, and this can result in a very flat looking map.

Lindsey

Movie Battles II Team
Looks like a great start to me, people have been asking for that location for some time, honestly in some cases stretching the textures out on some of the surfaces (esp the outside tower) would help it look better and maybe some lighting setting adjustments like _minlight or _ambient.

Don't forget a ton of spawn points (if you haven't already) for each side otherwise teleport spawn killing could happen. Keep it up!

reminds me of old mysteries of the sith bespin bonus level in terms of geometry, mysteries has better geometry around the window, different texture layout, and the hallway is longer but those are some of the only differences i can see

looks nice besides lighting for first map of this type will be happy to see updates when skill and knowledge has been improved

thank you for the suggestions! i really appreciate it.
About the lighting, its really kind of hard to simulate it, because it really looks like the shaft really has only one linear lighting, instead of light, dark, dim,
and i found it to be hard to place a bunch of lights, so i thought it would look better for only one linear light pattern, as you can see in the movies,
i have tried experimenting with the lights and it turned out.... wel... awful, as you could clearly see where the lights were.
about the polish and shine, i really didnt know it until like, right now
in my free time, i will learn to do some better shader writing and texturing.
thank you all for your advice
also, what do you mean by outside tower?
and by the way, thanks for the siege file.
i really appreciated it, the reason i didnt actually post it is so i could give everyone of an idea of what the map would look like.

Last edited:
Nice, you made a map to completion! It's a good start that I'm sure you can improve on over time.

I have three in the works, hopefully I'll complete one eventually.

So heres and idea for my textures:
I will grab some textures from the internet, reconstruct what i want it to be like on radiant, take a screenshot and boom!

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
Nice updates, man. Shaders are tough. Look at the maps which are doing the kinds of shader effects you want, open up the .shader files (usually found within each map's .pk3) and try copying them onto your textures. Some stuff which adds more shine to the gray metal textures and something more reflective for the breakable windows would be a good starting point.

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
reminds me of old mysteries of the sith bespin bonus level in terms of geometry, mysteries has better geometry around the window, different texture layout, and the hallway is longer but those are some of the only differences i can see

looks nice besides lighting for first map of this type will be happy to see updates when skill and knowledge has been improved
What a throw back, there. Some of those sounds would be pretty nice (especially the wooshing air).

yes, i have put the wooshing air sound in the window, and im pretty sure my shaders are finished, (shiny) im really just adding detals to the map before releasing it again.