MovieBattles II V1.6.2.1 Released

iwCSA26.png

V1.6.2.1 Update

Gameplay:
  • Fix: Sweep kick should now knockdown as intended vs crouched targets.
  • Fix: Wook slap should no longer stagger vs crouched Sith.
  • Fix: Push / Pull knockback now working as intended.
  • Fix: Wookiee should now be properly immune to projectiles and some explosives.
  • Fix: Wookiee Strength level 2 now properly immune to knockback.
  • Fix: Chat no longer disables speed lunge / flying kick momentum.
  • Fix: Speed lunge now has camera and momentum locked.
  • Fix: Pistol 3's alternative firing mode now properly uses level 2 FP drains.
General:
  • New: Elite Trooper skin added which uses an RGB variant of Jaden.
  • Fix: g_balance should no longer force players off of their team when new players join in and now actually works as intended/listed in the 1.6 changelog with the following modification:
    • Value set for g_balance is now the offset of players allowed on a team before swapping is disabled.
    • -1 disabled (this could help prevent join bug) 1 = 1 extra player, 2 = 2 extra, etc.
    • The "You can't join a team with higher player counts!" message now plays in the middle of the screen instead of server print.
  • Fix: RTV not working as intended (anyone who already installed the fix need not take any action)
  • Fix: Players should no longer be able to switch to non-Open/Duel mode models in-between rounds.
  • Fix: Discord integration should now work as intended (in UI: Other -> Rich Presence to enable it, or type /cg_discord 1 in console.)
  • Fix: One case of broadsword 1 / broadsword 2 causing a crash on maps with NPCs
uMad? Map Pack fixes
(Credits to uM_ community mappers: @.biggs and @DarthDementous)

• uM_Bespin
    • Fix: Added safeguards to prevent swoops from getting upstairs
    • Change: Moved spawns closer to the gallery.
    • Change: Added a teleport to jump into from the gallery to the 'Chill Dueling Platform'
    • Fix: Removed most of the bright light textures from the sides of buildings
    • Change: Pulled some of the spawns closer to the middle
    • Fix: Swoops no longer able to go up lift.
    • Change: Removed Ugnaught to avoid possible server crash issues
    • Fix: Fixed issue causing crash if running on JAMP
  • uM_Bespin_Open
    • Change: Two more capture points added (one in cantina and one in streets)
    • Fix: Issue preventing round from ending after the zones had been captured.
  • uM_SarlaccBarge
    • Fix: issue with rebels spawning on Barge (outside of FA mode)
    • Change: Minimized land real estate in Sarlacc stomach to stop camping
    • Change: Added auto-kill for Droidekas in the mouth of the Sarlacc to stop them getting stuck
    • Fix: Sarlacc beak opening riggers not working as intended and players being able to stand on beak.
    • Change: Added proper Sarlacc sounds to mouth open
  • uM_ns_streets
    • Fix: Added missing textures
    • Fix: patched a hole in the map
    • Change: removed the grenade and gun
    • Change: NPCs temporarily removed to avoid crash issues
  • uM_ns_guns
    • Change: added more single player detail
  • uM_gib_imperial
    • Change: adjusted spawn positions so they aren't as close together
  • uM_ctf/GIB_bespin
    • Fix: replaced the visible caulk texture
  • uM_Colosseum
    • Fix: Fixed issue that was allowing spectator camera to go under the map
Legends:
  • New: Salacious B. Crumb added to Villain side.
  • Fix: Issue related to server crashes. Please continue to report server crash logs so we can work to resolve this!
  • Change: Rebel Infiltrator now renamed/reworked to be Bothan Spy.
  • Change: All class descriptions updated and reformatted for consistency.
  • Change: Added "Class Summary" into descriptions. There are so many unique abilities in Legends for specific classes - these summaries further aid new and veteran players interested in trying out this new mode.
  • Fix: Broken Shoulderbarge for Tarfful and Burg.
  • Fix: Various nades and thermals not showing proper model/icon.
  • Fix Boba Fett not having a class number limit.
  • Fix: Grevious' lightsabers floating if not using them.
  • Fix: Leia's Force Block not working.
  • Fix: Certain weapons obscuring player view in first person.
  • Fix: Certain classes with shield regen not working as intended.
  • Change: Jango Fett now has Poison Darts.
  • Change: Grevious/Zaalbar given slightly more speed.
  • Change: Luke no longer has dash, given more saber damage reduction (Cortosis).
  • Fix: SBD/BD/Bosssk now have functional advanced radar.
  • Change: Support classes are now more clearly laid out and are as follows:
    • Team Force Heal - Traya/Kylo & Rey/Visas
    • Manual (press use on ally) heal - Rune/Thrawn & Hera/Padme
    • Ammo dispensers - Jyn/C3PO & Krennic/Nute

Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads )
Code:
RTVRTM.zip
MBII-
mb2_um_assets.pk3
mb2_um_assets2.pk3
mb2_um_assets3.pk3
mb2_um_assets4.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBassets4.pk3
mb2_cmp_assets3.pk3
mb2_pb_assets2.pk3
MBII Readme.zip
MBII.pk3
MBI_Mac.pk3
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.so
jampgamei386.nopp.so
uii386.so

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name

Sniper meta more comes down to map I think but i do agree, the problem is that it's also used for charging in brain dead like neo from matrix, it's awful that I get punished for missing shots I'm actually hitting and all they did was press a button. Most people dodge peak too and regen times are still shit.

Still... How do they get away with this?
this is a good question and the answer is that those in charge of mb2 design exhibit a staggeringly poor understanding of the game, the very few voices that try to make them see reason are ignored and drowned out while the people who inhabit the higher levels of the dev team hierarchy continue circlejerking and claiming that everyone else is incoherent, ignorant, the game is better than it's ever been etc etc despite all the evidence to the contrary, all the negative feedback from the community and the mass exodus of good players over the last 1.5-3 years

source: i was on beta for a few months until i was kicked for arguing against the proj nerf (among other things)

Last edited:

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
this is a good question and the answer is that those in charge of mb2 design exhibit a staggeringly poor understanding of the game, the very few voices that try to make them see reason are ignored and drowned out while the people who inhabit the higher levels of the dev team hierarchy continue circlejerking and claiming that everyone else is incoherent, ignorant, the game is better than it's ever been etc etc despite all the evidence to the contrary, all the negative feedback from the community and the mass exodus of good players over the last 1.5-3 years

source: i was on beta for a few months until i was kicked for arguing against the proj nerf (among other things)

As much as I want this to be false, it's simply true.

If you want dodge to counter the sniper meta, just make it dodge projectile rifle rather than literally everything besides sabers and nades. It's so easy to abuse in it's current state. I mean think about it, it's literally an EZ win button. It has absolutely no skill involved and you can just wait for it to regen behind a wall and just re-peak every time it's filled back up.

Preston

Nerd
They needed to make dodge just not dodge ALL headshots not just for snipers and it would of been in a much better state, the recent changes were supposed to make it a way to push up against snipers and I guess suppressive fire..? But dodge shouldn't completely negate all suppressive fire the way it does now. Make HS's go through dodge and it rewards decent aim, still incentivises suppressive fire that is aimed correctly, makes the dodge user have to have decent movement against to avoid getting HS'd and stop charging in like a monkey/peeking and recharging meta.

Fang

Donator
problem: if u only make it snipers = old dodge = unused = worthless
current problem: right direction, still op (i easily abuse that still)
solution: add no headshot to all weapons for now and see how it goes

don't revert it or you'll make it completely useless again